Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Republican Trumpers are the party of Freedumb.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...-riot-n1254011
    Capitol police need to start treating them as law enforcement would treat anyone normally trying to circumvent a metal detector at a secure location.

Seriously, until we see someone like Mo Brooks get bodied and detained by a Capitol police officer, I don't think this is gonna change.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Upon winning the election 4 years ago, he couldn't stop talking about setting records. He's uncharacteristically quiet now.
    He’s got a new record. Elected once, impeached twice. Can’t stop winning.

Now he condemns the violence. Too little, too late. Wonder if his minions feels betrayed.
    Parler is down, but ParlerTakes on Twitter has been scraping some choice messages from other services. This one in particular tells me at least some aren't taking it well.

- - - Updated - - -

He's uncharacteristically quiet now.
    He did 95% of his ranting on Twitter. I doubt he's being quiet. He just lost access to his favorite platform for wild, lunatic ravings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump kicked off Snapchat.

Man, social media really wants to 100% this. They already completed the Twitter main quest, now they're going back for sidequests Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, YouTube, Snapchat etc. Any second now we'll see a trophy pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Man, social media really wants to 100% this. They already completed the Twitter main quest, now they're going back for sidequests Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, YouTube, Snapchat etc. Any second now we'll see a trophy pop up.
    I just wanna know when Geocities is gonna ban him.

So, according to one news report I read, there are some on the far-right claiming Trump's video is actually a deepfake.

Man, Trump's going to have to start an Onlyfans to get his propaganda out at this rate.

No reddit yet? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I just wanna know when Geocities is gonna ban him.
    We'll have hit rock bottom when he gets banned off OnlyFans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's rather predictable that most of our right wing Trumpers have completely disappeared from this forum, probably licking their wounds in shame.

We have a timeline for all they've said so far, as well!

2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Imagine throwing your life away to "fight for Trump" at the Capitol and then he just hangs you out to dry in a feeble attempt to get unbanned from Twitter.

236,462 new cases, about 29k fewer than last Wednesday. That could be because last week we still were dealing with a lot of catch-up reporting, but I'd like to err on the side of optimism this time and say that it's probably correct. Probably. As time goes on and we get further away from the holidays it will be more accurate.

Top 10:

California: 40,782 new cases; 535 deaths
    Texas: 25,996 new cases; 381 deaths
    New York: 14,933 new cases; 168 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    New Jersey: 9,309 new cases (new record); 113 deaths
    Georgia: 8,596 new cases; 141 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 8,106 new cases; 363 deaths
    Ohio: 6,701 new cases; 78 deaths
    South Carolina: 6,021 new cases; 51 deaths
    Massachusetts: 5,918 new cases; 86 deaths

Mississippi set a new record for deaths.

It's always hard to judge how things are going when one day it's 30k higher than the previous week and the next couple days show a marked decrease. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are normally the "correction" days of the week to make up for the Saturday through Monday lull while Thursdays and Fridays are generally more "stable" in terms of reporting and are therefore better indicators--for me, at least--of where we stand. That said, we might be able to avoid seeing 300k again this week based on today's numbers. Yesterday's total did end up being about 5k fewer than last week (as opposed to the 12k I originally reported while a few states still hadn't submitted) but I'm not expecting today's total to change all that much from where it is.

Testing is finally back at about the same level it was nationally before the holidays, so that's a plus, but it's still far, far too little in many areas. The new, more contagious variant is popping up in more and more states which means testing needs to be ratcheted up even further, but I don't see that happening. It seems more likely we'll avoid hitting the 400k totals by inauguration that some experts were fearing at the end of last year, but I'm holding my cheers for when the totals start dropping precipitously instead of plateauing in the 200k range that is ravaging the healthcare system.

4,098 deaths is very slightly higher than last Thursday and brings the total to 393,928. Once all of the numbers came in yesterday it became apparent that the US had hit a new national record at 4,491. We're much closer to 5k than I had realized, and if new case levels continue to stay where they are now we'll be seeing 4k+ deaths several days a week for many weeks. The 7-day average is now up to around 3.4k and rising. We're approaching 25k per week dead.

Related news:

Ohio researchers discover new strain of COVID-19--This is in addition to the UK strain and, like the UK strain, is likely to make the virus more infectious. Wear your fucking masks and wash your hands you filthy animals.

Mississippi runs out of coronavirus vaccine as state expands eligibility--This is a scenario we'll likely see more and more of since most states (yes, GOP AND Dem-run both) aren't following the CDC guidelines on who to vaccinate first, expanding early eligibility to more people than recommended, resulting in shortages.

Stay safe, folks.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Imagine throwing your life away to "fight for Trump" at the Capitol and then he throws you under the bus to try and get unbanned from Twitter.
    Life is the best writer of comedy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    So, according to one news report I read, there are some on the far-right claiming Trump's video is actually a deepfake.
    It's a shame Jr can't deepfake his dad saying he's proud of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    The rest are cowards and are afraid of being primaried in their district. Nothing else.
    Not entirely true, a decent number of them are actual true believers and lunatics.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

No reddit yet? lol
    My Space will be his last refuge. Turns out Tom is a BIGTIME fascist!

10+ Year Old Account
    There is an asshole like that on this forum already:

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You need to call a psychic and a numerologist... QAnon knows what he really said... how are we supposed to unite as a nation, when we don’t follow the logic of the other side?

I have just 3 letters for you... C... G... Eye... notice the signature Kubrick style... not a single woman in the video... just like the moon landing...
    I am permitted to flame my self? Right?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    We'll have hit rock bottom when he gets banned off OnlyFans.
    Come on now, why did you have to put that image into our heads?
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Remember the days when George W was thought of fondly as a not so shitty president?

Fuck that was yesterday!!!
    Really just a sign of how far the standard has fallen. "At least he led coups overseas instead of domestically!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Trump is silent on the matter for....what reason?