1. #64741
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    28,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinfoy Lat View Post
    We had 1912 new cases here today. This week didn't have the highest day so far for us, but it did have the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 7th highest days. It was the worst week for us by far. Positivity numbers from the state as of last saturday were 17.3%. So, we're probably over 20% now.

    As a Nebraskan I wish we'd get with the program also, but i don't hold out much hope for it. Last week we got new restrictions from the governor....bars and restaurants can not have standing room crowds and other businesses are at 50% capacity. Pissing on a forest fire is the phrase that comes to mind. Numerous cities and counties have requested to be allowed to implement indoor mask mandates, but have been refused by Gov. Pete Ricketts. Back in May, Ricketts' idea on how to solve the surge in cases in meat packing plants was to stop reporting numbers from the plants.

    We haven't heard a whole lot from Ricketts this week as he's currently in quarantine after exposure to covid last weekend.
    Like I said earlier in this thread or the other one, you can generally tell a person's political stance by whether or not their COVID positive.

    I've wished all my life that stupidity would be painful, and it seems that wish is coming true. So many stupid people who don't take the virus seriously, who ignore lock downs, quarentines, mask mandates and social distancing, end up with the virus.

    Now I'm obviously not saying everyone who catches COVID is stupid, I'm saying everyone who flagrantly disregards the rules and then gets COVID is stupid.

  2. #64742
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastgope View Post
    They forgot G.W. in only 8 years, they will forget Trump eventually...sadly.

    Best (Modern) Republican President is such a low bar to step over and yet they all trip over it and land right on their face.
    Nixon is the best modern Republican President.

    That speaks volumes about the quality of leadership we get from the GOP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

  3. #64743
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    1,260 deaths
    The time to turn these death numbers around, was two weeks ago.

    And over the last two weeks we broke case records...how many times? Ten? More?

    Is there any realistic way the US can avoid 2,000+ deaths per day? With half the country refusing to believe masks work?

  4. #64744
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Like I said earlier in this thread or the other one, you can generally tell a person's political stance by whether or not their COVID positive.

    I've wished all my life that stupidity would be painful, and it seems that wish is coming true. So many stupid people who don't take the virus seriously, who ignore lock downs, quarentines, mask mandates and social distancing, end up with the virus.

    Now I'm obviously not saying everyone who catches COVID is stupid, I'm saying everyone who flagrantly disregards the rules and then gets COVID is stupid.
    My older sister is among them. She spent the summer telling my brother and I how foolish we were for staying home and wearing masks when we had to go out. She tested positive last week. She's getting over it, but is still having breathing problems. She may be one of the people for whom the breathing issues are permanent. I hope not and i'm glad she getting better, but i have very little sympathy for her considering she didn't do anything to keep from getting it.

  5. #64745
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinfoy Lat View Post
    My older sister is among them. She spent the summer telling my brother and I how foolish we were for staying home and wearing masks when we had to go out. She tested positive last week. She's getting over it, but is still having breathing problems. She may be one of the people for whom the breathing issues are permanent. I hope not and i'm glad she getting better, but i have very little sympathy for her considering she didn't do anything to keep from getting it.
    Has she changed her rhetoric at all?

    I'm wondering if these are people that were can reach if we can take the problem and shove it directly in their faces, or if they have drink the Kool aid and are beyond help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

  6. #64746
    another thing of concern:

    people are talking 4 - 8 years time frame for another Republican shot. Are any of you worried Trump might *die* in those estimates? He's 74 and people say he's not in good shape for the age (obese[?] if anyone can confirm how they know that). Also, he got COVID once, which is said to leave permanent issues.

  7. #64747
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    another thing of concern:

    people are talking 4 - 8 years time frame for another Republican shot. Are any of you worried Trump might *die* in those estimates? He's 74 and people say he's not in good shape for the age (obese[?] if anyone can confirm how they know that). Also, he got COVID once, which is said to leave permanent issues.
    His health is not a concern of mine at all. I don't wish death upon any person but ill be happy if he retires to some golf course (or prison) and I never hear from him again.

    Health wise, he is an obese 74 old man with an unhealthy diet. While he will get the best medical service that money can buy, eventually his bad habits will catch up to him. Also its obvious that his brain and motor skills dont work as well as they did years ago.

    GOP will start slowly divorcing themselves of Trump as the years go on. They are cowards and wont do it quick for fear of upsetting his angry base but they won't want to run a 2x popular vote unhealthy loser.

  8. #64748
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastgope View Post
    Health wise, he is an obese 74 old man with an unhealthy diet.
    There's, um, there's also the issue that the people he surrounds himself with are not just proven enablers, but probably value his money more than they value him. Anyone here think Kushner can actually run for office while Trump is breathing?

  9. #64749
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    another thing of concern:

    people are talking 4 - 8 years time frame for another Republican shot. Are any of you worried Trump might *die* in those estimates? He's 74 and people say he's not in good shape for the age (obese[?] if anyone can confirm how they know that). Also, he got COVID once, which is said to leave permanent issues.
    The only reason I would worry about Trump dying is that he wouldn't be able to stand trial for his crimes if he's dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

  10. #64750
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Has she changed her rhetoric at all?

    I'm wondering if these are people that were can reach if we can take the problem and shove it directly in their faces, or if they have drink the Kool aid and are beyond help.
    She hasn't said a whole lot so far about it. Our parents are in their 70s and in poor health. They've taken this very seriously from the start and limited contact with others, family or not. I think it's just starting to settle in for her that if they hadn't done that and she'd carried it to them, we might be planning their funerals right now.

  11. #64751
    Elemental Lord Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    8,541
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Are any of you worried Trump might *die* in those estimates?
    Worried is not the word I would choose, no.

  12. #64752
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,091
    How bad is it that both New Mexico and Wal-Mart have put in mask mandates in the last 24 hours, but Trump spent them golfing?

    As Trump ignores deepening coronavirus crisis, Biden calls for urgent response

    Trump is still adhering to the same hands-off approach that led so many voters to reject his leadership on Election Day, inaccurately stating that the increase in cases is the result of increased testing as he tries to focus public attention on his administration's efforts to speed up a vaccine through Operation Warp Speed.

    Trump spent most of Saturday golfing and tweeting his baseless and debunked conspiracy theories about how the election was rigged, and driving by a crowd of his supporters who gathered in Washington to protest the election results on the basis of his lies and propaganda.

    He barely addressed the virus on Twitter Saturday, tweeting: "Congress must now do a Covid Relief Bill. Needs Democrats support. Make it big and focused. Get it done!"

    Amid that leadership vacuum, many doctors and top medical experts are bracing for even greater holiday spikes, noting that Americans have simply let their guards down and given in to the desire to return to normal life. Trump unquestionably played a role in those attitudes as the administration abandoned its coronavirus task force briefings months ago and he tried to win reelection by advancing the falsehood that the US was "rounding the corner."
    "What's the bolded for?"

    Blatant dishonesty. As a reminder, Pelosi passed a bill in May, passed another one in early October, and proposed another one four days ago, which Trump knows, because even OANN covered it. Meanwhile, Trump has stepped back from negotiating at all, while golfing and tweeting.

    When Trump tries to blame the Democrats of inaction on COVID relief, Trump is lying. That's why I quoted a CNN OP ED earlier, and everyone has to accept it -- even if you could make the point for CNN being biased, they're not making shit up and presenting it as fact. Trump is the one doing that. I could quote Jerry's talking cat and still have the ethical high ground.

    On average, over 1,000 Americans died to the lethal outbreak Trump handwaved every day. To put that in perspective: a Boeing 737, fully loaded with crew and passengers, could crash into a second Boeing 737 fully loaded with crew and passengers, and the flaming wreckage could land on an entire NFC conference, with all four teams bringing their entire injured reserve list, coaches, and crew -- and COVID would still kill more Americans that day.

    On Oct 23, Fauci said Trump hasn't attended a COVID task meeting in "months" yes plural. Three days ago, sources tell CBS News he still hasn't.

    Trump went golfing yesterday.

    Trump is a failure at leadership.

    Trump is a failure at leadership Trump is a failure at leadership.

    Trump is a failure at leadership Trump is a failure at leadership Trump is a failure at leadership

    Trump is a failure at leadership. Trump is a failure at leadership Trump is a failure at leadership Trump is a failure at leadership Trump is a failure at leadership. Trump is a failure at leadership

    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ....

    I take no responsibility
    -- Donald J. Trump, failure

  13. #64753
    ron watkins posting mad shit on parler. having a little melt down. outing his dad as having posted as Q. hell yea

  14. #64754
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    55,963
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    ron watkins posting mad shit on parler. having a little melt down. outing his dad as having posted as Q. hell yea
    Told ya...

    QAnon is the embodiment of... “The lady doth protest too much, methinks”...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  15. #64755
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    i don't think people will forget Trump if the damage is this great. He's special though because of the hype that went into him. He was heralded to be the best Republican president ever and the end results are mixed.
    Why did you support all this damage?

    It's weird how you claim that people won't forget the fascist that you support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  16. #64756
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    55,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Why did you support all this damage?
    Posting memes is against forum rules. You can’t really post “why” as a result...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  17. #64757
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Posting memes is against forum rules. You can’t really post “why” as a result...
    It's weird how many people use memes to justify openly supporting fascism and white supremacists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  18. #64758
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's weird how many people use memes to justify openly supporting fascism and white supremacists.
    Metal Gear explained it best.


  19. #64759
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Why did you support all this damage?

    It's weird how you claim that people won't forget the fascist that you support.
    because everyone has different ideals that might lie in the Republican Party. I mean, people voted for Trump for a reason. You just don't know how reality might turn out though.

    I actually liked Trump's tax policies. It made life a bit easier before the COVID crisis.

  20. #64760
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    because everyone has different ideals that might lie in the Republican Party. I mean, people voted for Trump for a reason. You just don't know how reality might turn out though.

    I actually liked Trump's tax policies. It made life a bit easier before the COVID crisis.
    Don't try amd blame others, because you chose to support a fascist and white supremacist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •