Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    12 National Guard Troops Removed for Inaugural Protection, Two for Possible Links to Extremist Groups
    I've been quietly wondering about this to myself the past week or so and I'm glad to see people with more smarts and the right credentials have also been thinking about it. Doubtful they got all of them, but at least it's a step in the right direction.
    Oh did you see the Texas governor is PISSED about that? L.O.L.

Gov. Abbott Rips ‘Loyalty’ Screening In Place For Troops At Biden Inauguration: I’ll Never Send Troops To D.C. Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I just read this part in the article that Benggaul linked.

Federal officials are vetting thousands of National Guard troops arriving to help secure the inauguration. Of the 21,500 Guard personnel who had arrived in Washington by Monday, any who will be near President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr. and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris will receive additional background checks, a standard procedure to counter insider threats that was also taken before President Trump’s inauguration in 2017.
    Abbott can f off.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Or they just took a huge hit of cocaine.

or they took their last bump in the Whitehouse bathroom

^ thats what he was saying lol :P
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Love these rubes. These are the people when the other party is in power, especially the President its okay to speak up against the country. When it's party over country tho and you say some you Hate America.

So on this note he promises never to issue National Guard if D.C is being invaded by aliens and god, emperor trump is about to be killed.

Once again Governors making these really shit partisan statements should have some rebuke. Sadly its voting them out is only solution.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    pompeo loves that white genocide shit, hes a fat fucking goon.

saw mitch slag off trump today, the GOP elites want the party back but i think Jr was right when he called it the Trump party now. It got hijacked and hopefully it ruins them.
    I hope McConnell's statement motivates enough people to break with Trump cleanly and vote conviction in the Senate, which then causes an irreparable break in the GOP, with splits going to GOtrumP. If the Senate doesn't vote to convict, I hope people talk Trump into running Third Party in 2024. That will elevate Harris to President.

Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Pompeo can get fucked with a cactus for all i care. The bastard is just trying to speedrun via twitter the cold war era of US interventionism
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Pompeo can get fucked with a cactus for all i care. The bastard is just trying to speedrun via twitter the cold war era of US interventionism
    I fully expect most of Trump's remaining cabinet, Pompeo included, will be summarily dismissed tomorrow afternoon rather than continuing to serve until their replacements are confirmed.

https://www.americanoversight.org/dh...or-chris-krebs

There's no paper trail for Chris Krebs firing as head of CISA, which is...a bit of a problem. So either there actually IS no paper trail, which again is still a problem, or they got rid of the paper trail, which is also a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.americanoversight.org/dh...or-chris-krebs

There's no paper trail for Chris Krebs firing as head of CISA, which is...a bit of a problem. So either there actually IS no paper trail, which again is still a problem, or they got rid of the paper trail, which is also a problem.
    So does that mean Krebs can claim salary from then until now?
    Since without a paper trail he was never fired.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    So does that mean Krebs can claim salary from then until now?
    Since without a paper trail he was never fired.
    Who knows. Would be amusing to see him sue for backpay and win because Trump and his people are wholly incompetent.

my god these pillow memmmmmms are killing me

Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just as a reminder.

It is the final day of the Trump Presidency, and Obamacare has not been repealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Just as a reminder.

It is the final day of the Trump Presidency, and Obamacare has not been repealed.

Tomorrow, Wednesday, is also trash day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Tomorrow, Wednesday, is also trash day.
    Fuck thanks for reminding me lol.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just as a reminder.

Haven't you heard? They are signing a health care plan within two weeks.

Just as a reminder.

Amusingly, I commented on this earlier today.

2 years of total control of the government
    2 years of 2/3 control of the government

They did some damage to it, but the fact that it remains in place with most of the core protections unchanged is a testament to both the incompetence of Republicans and Trump (thank goodness) and how strong the legislation itself is.

Just as a reminder.

Little late now, but this cracked me up this morning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Amusingly, I commented on this earlier today.

2 years of total control of the government
    2 years of 2/3 control of the government

They did some damage to it, but the fact that it remains in place with most of the core protections unchanged is a testament to both the incompetence of Republicans and Trump (thank goodness) and how strong the legislation itself is.
    Tbh I think it's supporting evidence for the theory that the Republican Party and its predecessors aren't so much an actual representative bloc as they are the US' equivalent of the old monarchist wing in early parliaments that was to foul up the proceedings as much as possible to ensure no fundamental reforms threatening the monarchy were actually instituted.

Unfortunately "a basic level of functional competence in government" seems to have become a radical reformist position in the US so they naturally oppose that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump's remaining personal lawyers are worried because the Democrats control the House, the Senate, and most importantly the IRS in a matter of hours.

In a motion filed Tuesday evening, hours before President-elect Joe Biden takes office, Trump's lawyers expressed concerns that the new administration could provide House Democrats with the outgoing president's tax returns without giving Trump advance notice.
    Um...was the last few years not enough notice?

House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Richard Neal (D-Mass.) in 2019 issued requests and subpoenas to the Treasury Department and the IRS for Trump's personal and business federal tax returns. After the Trump administration rejected those efforts, the Ways and Means Committee filed a lawsuit against Treasury and the IRS. The case has yet to be resolved.

Trump and his businesses are participating in the case as intervenor-defendants. Lawyers for Trump and his businesses said in their filing on Tuesday that the Department of Justice [DOJ], which is representing Treasury and the IRS, could reconsider its position about a request for Trump's tax returns in the new administration. Trump's lawyers also noted that Neal's requests expired when the previous Congress ended earlier this month, and would have to be renewed if he wants to continue to seek Trump's tax returns.
    "Whoa! It's not fair to prosecute a political opponent!"

Hmm. What did Trump say he would do, on live TV, to Clinton's face?

"Prosecute a pol..oh. Right. Okay, second goalpost-moving excuse: the whole idea was to see if Trump was a target of extortion or corruption. Now that he's out of office, the security issue is retroactively irrelevant."

Hmm. How many Benghazi hearings were there?

"Dozens. Oh, right."

Trump has claimed he's been under audit for years. Also known as "a federal investigation". He can't really block it. At best, Trump's lawyers can hope they get the same treatment as any other tax-dodging felon.