1. #65401
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    56,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    So, Parler just got hacked to the tune of its entire database. Which is funny for two reasons: 1) Parler requires a SSN for some of its services, so a lot of conservatives who rage quit Twitter or Facebook now have their identities stolen, and 2) apparently the hackers got a hold of the DMs of a number of prominent Republicans and they are reportedly quite nasty.
    This seems like a hoax... sorry...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

  2. #65402
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    So, Parler just got hacked to the tune of its entire database. Which is funny for two reasons: 1) Parler requires a SSN for some of its services, so a lot of conservatives who rage quit Twitter or Facebook now have their identities stolen, and 2) apparently the hackers got a hold of the DMs of a number of prominent Republicans and they are reportedly quite nasty.
    Sad we'll probably never see those DM's, since it's likely it's the identity info they are after and don't care about the rest of it.

  3. #65403
    175,047 new cases; about 13k more than last Tuesday. Still heading up...and it seems like a couple states are trying to make it a race.

    Texas: 19,790 new cases (new record); 195 deaths
    California: 16,563 new cases; 107 deaths
    Illinois: 9,469 new cases; 150 deaths
    Ohio: 8,604 new cases; 98 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Michigan: 6,782 new cases; 154 deaths
    Minnesota: 6,416 new cases; 38 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 6,365 new cases; 84 deaths
    Wisconsin: 6,202 new cases; 104 deaths (new record)
    Indiana: 5,625 new cases; 103 deaths
    New York: 5,478 new cases; 34 deaths
    New Jersey: 4,889 new cases (new record); 46 deaths
    Arizona: 4,544 new cases; 51 deaths
    Missouri: 4,156 new cases; 138 deaths (new record)
    Colorado: 4,150 new cases; 50 deaths
    Georgia: 3,676 new cases; 6 deaths
    Louisiana: 3,243 new cases; 39 deaths
    North Carolina: 3,100 new cases; 35 deaths
    Iowa: 2,909 new cases; 18 deaths
    Nevada: 2,853 new cases (new record); 24 deaths

    Other states with new case/death records: North Dakota, Oregon, Alaska and Maine.

    I did a little bit of looking around and it doesn't look like California's total yesterday was entirely inaccurate. Maybe a bit of catchup from the weekend but I don't see any notes about it being a backlog from weeks prior. Their total today kind of backs that up. Meanwhile Texas, once again, had to prove that everything is bigger there, brushing up next to 20k in a single day. A new national record. I haven't seen anything to indicate that's a backlog dump either, but again I'll check tomorrow to see if it's been commented on (or locals like @Crissi can let us know).

    The entire contiguous US is now listed as "uncontrolled spread" and overall it's the southwest and northeast that are seeing the largest increase in cases over the past few days. If I was in Arizona I'd be REALLY fucking worried right now since numbers are where they were in the Summer when the "death panels" started and the state--along with New Mexico--is right between the two states with the highest number of cases--California and Texas. I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing 200k at least once this week...maybe twice.

    2,187 deaths is over 500 more than last Tuesday and brings the total to 265,891. SEVEN states had triple-digit death tallies and Ohio just missed it. Part of that will be a catchup from the weekend but I expect it'll be worse for other states as the week goes on.

    Related news:

    After months of following COVID-19 guidelines, a Texas family 'let their guard down' for a day. All 12 of them got sick.--I realize pandemic fatigue is a thing, but for fuck's sake...

    AOC Says Republicans Holding Stimulus Check Hostage Over Demand for Corporate COVID Immunity--This is something we've talked about before but Trump's insistence that liability protections be in place for businesses is what's largely been responsible for there being no new stimulus for several months now.

    White House coronavirus task force calls for 'significant behavior change of all Americans'--As a reminder this is the same administration that wanted "business as usual" for the bulk of the pandemic and also didn't meet at all for a significant period of time.

    Stay safe, folks.

  4. #65404
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    2,187 deaths
    And based on recent trends, no reason to believe that's going down much.

  5. #65405
    Moderator Crissi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    31,317
    FWIW, its almost the opposite. A couple days ago Dallas county had a lowish (in comparison) day, and it was because of backlogs so it shoulda been even higher, lol.

  6. #65406
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    30,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Wow. Full speed ahead, then!
    And something interesting...Trump might be able to Pardon himself (still undecided law), and with that he might be immune from federal charges (with a slim chance to also be immune to state charges - I said thin), but the Trump Organization isn't - at all. And Trump can't pardon a corporation. So no matter what their business holdings are going to be at risk, come Jan 22.

    Could you imagine the NYState AG's office and/or the Department of Justice seizing Mar-a-fuckland as assets to be used to pay off debts?

  7. #65407

  8. #65408
    I don't think anybody should be surprised when pardons fly fast and furious to all the various swamp critters that got nabbed for one thing or another.

  9. #65409
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    So, Parler just got hacked to the tune of its entire database. Which is funny for two reasons: 1) Parler requires a SSN for some of its services, so a lot of conservatives who rage quit Twitter or Facebook now have their identities stolen, and 2) apparently the hackers got a hold of the DMs of a number of prominent Republicans and they are reportedly quite nasty.
    Who the hell would give their SSN to diet facebook?

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  10. #65410
    Scarab Lord Gamevizier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, US
    Posts
    4,692
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The rest of the world didn’t leave the Iran peace treaty...
    problem is that Israel and Saudi Arabia are co-operating with US warhawks on this and they are very close to Iran in terms of borders than China, Russia or Europe etc. the rest of the world didn't leave the treaty but they didn't do much to stand up to the US either. so now it's a question of how far the US wants to push Iran while the rest of the world doesn't interfere to get on America's bad side. There's China and Russia that are assisting Iran, but that's cuz they play their own games with the US.

    See the refugee crisis in Europe? it's gonna get much much worse if the US and Iran go to full-scale war. but people like Trump, Netanyahu or that caveman -heir- of SA don't care about that.

    there have been no attempts to mend ties between SA and Iran since Trump became the president, and that's because they were heavily relying on Trump to boss Iran into giving up everything in the region. when you rely on your big friends to bully your rivals instead of talking to them about your problems, there's gonna be a day where the big guy's no longer interested in that, and then you'll be left with your balls hanging. and even now instead of thinking about diplomacy we hear that SA and Israel want to have Trump start a war with Iran to force Biden into a diplomatic corner until another warhawk comes into power.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2020-11-25 at 05:27 AM.

  11. #65411
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    AOC Says Republicans Holding Stimulus Check Hostage Over Demand for Corporate COVID Immunity--This is something we've talked about before but Trump's insistence that liability protections be in place for businesses is what's largely been responsible for there being no new stimulus for several months now.
    Honestly at this point give them liability protections against consumers as an olive branch. If I walk into some random business and they employees are all sans mask I can just walk right out, and any reasonable person should be able to make that call.

    Liability protections against employees is a bridge too far though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

  12. #65412
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Honestly at this point give them liability protections against consumers as an olive branch. If I walk into some random business and they employees are all sans mask I can just walk right out, and any reasonable person should be able to make that call.

    Liability protections against employees is a bridge too far though.
    I can agree with this as long as employees can still sue for their employers giving them Covid. I get behind this mainly because going out during the pandemic there is a degree of danger you are responsible for putting yourself in and if the employer of the store is fucking around so bad where customers get Covid then it is almost 100 percent guaranteed that the employees got Covid due to their employers fuck up.

  13. #65413
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    22,478
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    I can agree with this as long as employees can still sue for their employers giving them Covid. I get behind this mainly because going out during the pandemic there is a degree of danger you are responsible for putting yourself in and if the employer of the store is fucking around so bad where customers get Covid then it is almost 100 percent guaranteed that the employees got Covid due to their employers fuck up.
    Unfortunately that's probably pretty difficult to prove demonstrably. I could certainly see some sort of class action lawsuit being far more compelling (X number of employees at some company all get Covid, especially if it happens across multiple company locations)

    Some way for employees to seek recompense from employers that intentionally go against health and safety code stipulations (allowing customers to not wear masks, not sanitizing, not maintaining social distancing, etc) would probably be more in order. But of course thanks to Trump's bungling of the entire situation, those regulations are still pretty ill-defined, especially on a national scale, and would probably make it difficult to legislate from on a national scale.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-11-25 at 07:58 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  14. #65414
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Over under on how many weeks after Jan that he goes on "vacation" overseas somewhere "weird"..wink wink.

    I'd say 4 months
    I would not be surprised if he has his passport taken away Jan 21st as a flight risk. So my answer is not, he won't be able to leave the country.
    I suspect he might flee on the 19th tho.

    As for Barr, why would he be scared? He hasn't done anything actually illegal as far as we know, so he can just retire in safety.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  15. #65415
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    And based on recent trends, no reason to believe that's going down much.
    Oh it will, in fact it's going to go down to 0. I forget how the exact exchange went, but something like this:

    Journalist: You said the virus was going to disappear. It hasn't disappeared. Was that a lie?
    Trump: It wasn't a lie, the virus is disappearing.
    Journalist: The numbers are all going up, you said it was going to go down to 0.
    Trump: Eventually the virus will disappear at some point in the future and it will go down to 0. You do know that, don't you?


    Just imagine Trump as an oncologist.

    Patient: You said my cancer was going away.
    Trump: Well you are dying. Pretty sure the cancer will be gone after that. You do know that, don't you?


    Or Trump as a firefighter.

    Homeowner: Wtf? You said you were going to put the fire out.
    Trump: Once your home burns down, the fire will go out eventually. You do know that, don't you?
    Last edited by Ursus; 2020-11-25 at 11:44 AM.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

    "I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

  16. #65416
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,452
    Hoo boy.

    Israel takes steps in case Trump attacks Iran.

    The fact that they think it's a possibility, a strong enough one to react to, is telling.

    The Israeli government instructed the IDF to undertake the preparations not because of any intelligence or assessment that Trump will order such a strike, but because senior Israeli officials anticipate “a very sensitive period” ahead of Biden's inauguration on Jan. 20.

    The IDF's preparedness measures relate to possible Iranian retaliation against Israel directly or through Iranian proxies in Syria, Gaza and Lebanon, the Israeli officials said.

    Last week, the New York Times reported that Trump raised the possibility of attacking Iran’s uranium enrichment facility in Natanz in a meeting with senior members of his national security team.

    Trump raised the idea after being briefed on an International Atomic Energy Agency report about Iran’s growing stockpiles of enriched uranium, but top officials — including Vice President Mike Pence and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo — warned about the risks of regional escalation, per the Times.

    Trump seemed convinced that it would be too risky to strike Iran directly, but has considered other options, the Times reports.
    - - - Updated - - -

    So I just had a nice long conversation with an old friend of mine, a friend whose opinion I trust, about two topics.

    1) Leaving Open Skies

    This isn't 1985 anymore. We don't have planes flying overhead, the pilots leaning out the window with a Polaroid camera. We have satelites that can read license plates. You know who doesn't? The EU. We share that shit with them if/when it suits us, and if/when we trust them with it. Leaving Open Skies feels like an insult to them ("get your own intelligence") rather than an espionage/tactical move.

    2) Pompeo

    As we're seeing Biden put together his team, my friend was reminded that Trump picked Pompeo -- who in late Nov 2016 was really not that big of a deal -- to be head of the CIA before Trump picked anyone for anything else. When I asked why, he asked "why have Giuliani run his legal team?" Pompeo is a controllable asset who could, for example, steer the CIA away from investigating Trump's direct collusion with Russia, and would be grateful enough to serve to ask zero to negative questions about it.

  17. #65417
    Today in "Shit Trump Retweets"....
    Marc Morano, http://ClimateHustle2.Com “Perhaps President Trump’s greatest accomplishment is United States Energy Dominance.”
    ClimateHustle2.com.... sounds like a website everyone should take incredibly seriously.

    First thing you see on that website lol



    And, ofc, Kevin fucking Sorbo seems to be in the trailer. Man went from Hercules to.... this.
    Last edited by UnifiedDivide; 2020-11-25 at 03:49 PM.
    Fully support violence in the streets because you're too comfy sat at home in another country behind your PC screen to actually do anything about things you claim to be against Nobody is obsessed with you. Nobody really even cares about you. You're simply the joke that keeps on giving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Violence/Arch-Angel of Riots/rmfAcc/Rochana View Post
    I admit I'm an absolute lunatic who is in favor of chaos, because I don't like what is currently going on - despite being in a privileged and elated position in this supposed state of "normalcy".

  18. #65418
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,452
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    “Perhaps President Trump’s greatest accomplishment is United States Energy Dominance.”
    I'm not even sure he can defend that part. Didn't the Russians and Saudis get together to dunk on our oil industry?

  19. #65419
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'm not even sure he can defend that part. Didn't the Russians and Saudis get together to dunk on our oil industry?
    Woah now, lets not bring any reality into this.
    Fully support violence in the streets because you're too comfy sat at home in another country behind your PC screen to actually do anything about things you claim to be against Nobody is obsessed with you. Nobody really even cares about you. You're simply the joke that keeps on giving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Violence/Arch-Angel of Riots/rmfAcc/Rochana View Post
    I admit I'm an absolute lunatic who is in favor of chaos, because I don't like what is currently going on - despite being in a privileged and elated position in this supposed state of "normalcy".

  20. #65420
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Today in "Shit Trump Retweets"....
    -snip
    Climate Monarchy? What? How? Why? I am thoroughly confused how the heck that even remotely makes sense.
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •