When you win FL and OH, and still lose the election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asNhzXq72w

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Who the hell would give their SSN to diet facebook?
    As far as I know, unlike FB and Twitter, there is no way to monetize under Parler. Unless they figure out something quickly, those so-called right-wing influencers are not going to stay there for long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'm not even sure he can defend that part. Didn't the Russians and Saudis get together to dunk on our oil industry?
    Both Russia and SA are hurting also. Saudi Aramco profit fell 45% 3rd quarter 2020 and failed to generate enough cash to cover its dividend payment. Their net debt went up by 6b to 83b to cover the dividend.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    So, Parler just got hacked to the tune of its entire database. Which is funny for two reasons: 1) Parler requires a SSN for some of its services, so a lot of conservatives who rage quit Twitter or Facebook now have their identities stolen, and 2) apparently the hackers got a hold of the DMs of a number of prominent Republicans and they are reportedly quite nasty.
    lol on top of the fact they keep adding to the list of things that are "censored"..... i expect this Parler bump to end just like the one in May....with a thud
    "The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president," - McConnell
    Karma 1 Trump 0 -Feel as bad for trump as trump did for Hillary- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iIBw-_0T6I

Mnuchin puts $455 billion in COVID-19 relief funds beyond successor's reach

Hey people, Mnuchin is pig feces and so is the Trump Adminstration.

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin signaled that he will move $455 billion in COVID-19 relief from the Federal Reserve back into the Treasury’s General Fund, a move that would make it harder for his successor to access the emergency funding.

Mnuchin said last week that he was shuttering a handful of the Fed's emergency lending facilities, a move the central bank opposed in a rare critical statement. Those facilities, though little used during the pandemic, were seen as confidence boosters for capital markets.
    So Trumpkins, they are taking over $455 Billion, with a capital B of funds and propping up the market.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Mnuchin puts $455 billion in COVID-19 relief funds beyond successor's reach

Hey people, Mnuchin is pig feces and so is the Trump Adminstration.

So Trumpkins, they are taking over $455 Billion, with a capital B of funds and propping up the market.

Most of the stories i read said this will easily be deemed illegal and reversible with the new administration without congressional approval.
    "The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president," - McConnell
    Karma 1 Trump 0 -Feel as bad for trump as trump did for Hillary- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iIBw-_0T6I

Trump just granted a full pardon to Michael Flynn. And so it begins. Who knows what other deplorable pieces of shit will be pardoned between now and January 20?

It is my Great Honor to announce that General Michael T. Flynn has been granted a Full Pardon. Congratulations to @GenFlynn
    and his wonderful family, I know you will now have a truly fantastic Thanksgiving!
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Most of the stories i read said this will easily be deemed illegal and reversible with the new administration without congressional approval.
    Can't argue the legality and likely overturned. My statement is they tried to do this and again, I'm sorry we just nonchalantly don't care. IF this gets stuck up as in the article it will make the funds almost impossible to touch by the nest Treasure Secretary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Trump just granted a full pardon to Michael Flynn. And so it begins. Who knows what other deplorable pieces of shit will be pardoned between now and January 20?
    Almost all the Trump shitters believe Flynn was framed, so it will be cheered. As far as people on the other side we just eat our shit and like it.

Pretty amazing that an American President will/can pardon someone who was implicated in his administration and possible contact with a foreign entity to collude on an American President.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

Trump just granted a full pardon to Michael Flynn.
    Remember, it's not blatant corruption when you say you're innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Remember, it's not blatant corruption when you say you're innocent.
    Hollywood or Netflix could make a movie or series where the protagonist is facing multiple criminal charges, decides to run for President. Wins. Then pardons himself and all his criminal buddies. Based on a true story.

-Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Hollywood or Netflix could make a movie or series where the protagonist is facing multiple criminal charges, decides to run for President. Wins. Then pardons himself and all his criminal buddies. Based on a true story.
    Wasn't Lex Luther elected as President. We got Lex Stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    I would guess that most of these last minute scorched earth policies by Trump are going to be reversable when Biden officially arrives. For right now, Biden and his ridiculously experienced advisers and experts know exactly where to push buttons and pull levers to fatally delay or outright halt the Insane Death Cult Leader's machinations.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm wondering if he's going to pardon his immediate family, Nixon-esque style.
    #TRE45ON - Trump's idiocy is refreshing its duration, but it doesn't stack.
    Edit: I think it's stacking now.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Wasn't Lex Luther elected as President. We got Lex Stupid
    Missed a good opportunity for Lex Stupor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Cool, so ALL of them lose 5th Amendment rights then? Along with Flynn? Meaning if they're called to testify before Congress they must do so and if they lie they're thrown in jail?

I think it's extremely likely that he does, though he'll probably wait until right before January 20 to do so, just to cover any bullshit they might be pulling as we speak.

To me the only question is whether he will try to pardon himself, and what kind of constitutional crisis that would set off.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

-- Donald J. Trump, 2020

I wonder if he will pardon Maxwell he did wish her well and wouldn't be surprised if she has dirt on him.

Almost certainly. And he'll be greeted with applause from the rabid fanbase for doing so. He'll say "Hatch Act" but it will be blanket for reasons we all know.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post

Cool, so ALL of them lose 5th Amendment rights then? Along with Flynn? Meaning if they're called to testify before Congress they must do so and if they lie they're thrown in jail?
    That is my understanding yes. It why this could backfire on trump bigly.

Can presidential pardons be recinded by the successor?

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Not that I know of, they're pretty final.

No. Pardons are forever. Flynn will just have to do with being in the same category as a racist sheriff and a war criminal.

Otoh, if the fbi needs Flynn to testify regarding any of the trump crap, then he can no longer plead the fifth about this.

No, unfortunately. Though it's worth noting that Presidential pardons only apply to federal charges. If any of these people have committed crimes for which they could face state charges, the pardon wouldn't protect them at all against those.

-- Donald J. Trump, 2020