Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The newsmen anchor walked off, because they are that scared of dominion suing. This dude is insane...
    Well they don't have a lot of money behind them. They can't afford that lawsuit.

114,703 new cases, about 39k fewer than last Tuesday.

Top 5:

Texas: 18,869 new cases; 371 deaths
    California: 12,646 new cases; 487 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    New York: 10,533 new cases; 191 deaths
    Georgia: 4,961 new cases; 208 deaths

Cases continue declining at a pretty good clip, or at least appear to be for the time being. I'd like to have another full week's worth of data points to solidify that. I'm sure not having a superspreader event every week or so is helping keep those numbers down as people sheepishly stay indoors instead of spouting bigoted bullshit in a crowd. I do still expect the rate of decrease to slow down as time goes on but the longer it drops this quickly the better. Nationally positivity has fallen to about 8%, which is still higher than the recommended max of 5% but has come down significantly since the first week of January. It's probably worth noting that positivity in Texas has actually increased the past couple of days to about 16.5%. Get your shit together, Texas. We already have one Florida.

Texas isn't the worst, however, as Alabama's positivity rate has been flatlined at around 33-35% the past week or so. When the percentage of positives is that high then that's an indication you're not doing enough testing. Alabama's testing has effectively remained unchanged since November. For comparison, New York's currently sitting at about 5.1% and decreasing while their testing continues increasing.

3,632 deaths is over 500 fewer than last Tuesday and brings the total to 457,856. As we've expected deaths continue dropping, lagging behind the drop in daily new cases by a couple weeks. If the week goes well we should stay below 4k and we may start dipping below 3k on normal reports days within a week or so. In the meantime, we're still on a path to cross 500k deaths in 2-3 weeks.

Related news:

Dr. Fauci Says South Africa COVID Variant Can Re-Infect People Who Have Recovered--Not great news considering the variant has been found in the US and some of the vaccines have proven less effective against this particular mutation. Things are in the works to combat it, but it takes time.

Stay safe, folks.

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/02/0...paign-finance/

The Trump-esque grift continues.

Lauren Boebert "reimbursed" herself around $22K for travel mileage. The reimbursement for travel is fine, that's part of campaigning and all. But it's the fact that she more than doubled the amount her predecessor racked up over a decade of campaigning, and suspiciously paid herself $21K on November 11 - requiring that she travel roughly 36,870 miles between the end of March, when she reimbursed herself a reasonable $1,060, and November 11. Problem is there are no records indicating even a fraction of that amount of travel.

Sure seems like she's pulling a Duncan Hunter, and man, I continue to have zero problems with people stupidly throwing their money at obvious grifters who steal it. Don't be fuckin dumb, next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    roughly 36,870 miles between the end of March
    That's ten round trips to DC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actions have consequences.

Fraud is illegal in NYState, and the NY AG is considering going after Bannon for his role in "We Build The Wall Psyche We Take Your Money". Right now, they're looking to see if there's enough evidence to charge - and yes, state crime, Trump's pardon will be useless.

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/02/0...paign-finance/

The Trump-esque grift continues.

Lauren Boebert "reimbursed" herself around $22K for travel mileage. The reimbursement for travel is fine, that's part of campaigning and all. But it's the fact that she more than doubled the amount her predecessor racked up over a decade of campaigning, and suspiciously paid herself $21K on November 11 - requiring that she travel roughly 36,870 miles between the end of March, when she reimbursed herself a reasonable $1,060, and November 11. Problem is there are no records indicating even a fraction of that amount of travel.

Sure seems like she's pulling a Duncan Hunter, and man, I continue to have zero problems with people stupidly throwing their money at obvious grifters who steal it. Don't be fuckin dumb, next time.
    Someone better tell her that the Great Cheetos is not in office anymore. So if she gets found guilty of embezzlement she has no Cheetos dusted knight to ride in to save her like Hunter did.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I wasn't sure which thread this belonged in but seeing as how it's technically fallout from the TRUMP SHITSHOW I guess it can go here.

My Pillow guy went on Newsmax...and even fucking Newsmax is trying to distance themselves.

https://twitter.com/KyleKulinski/sta...909727749?s=20
    That's because the more they have that kind of talk on their programs the likelier they will get sued and shut down.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I feel I didn’t do a great job teasing the article
    Neither did I. It's like trying to describe an 18-car-pileup in NASCAR by describing the seventh car hitting the eighth. Everyone should read the whole thing.

Also, not all the numbers are bad, which should be welcome news for @Benggaul for once.

There are now more vaccinated than total cases.

Those of us with common sense and reasoning will say "This is good, but we have a long way to go. Stay safe, people".

But those of y'all who are Trump supporters must say "Thanks, Biden!" based purely on Trump's claims, mostly in 2017, about anything that happened when he was in charge -- whether he personally directed it or not.

In fact, I think I'll speak for our resident Trump supporters and say "Thanks, Biden!" for them. Unless they can prove that, for example, four years ago when Trump said unemployment dropped from 42% to 5% nearly overnight they said "No, that's not true". If they can't do that, they are therefore saying Biden is responsible for this massive turnaround in vaccinations. Otherwise they'd be hypocrites.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite part is where a lawyer tells Flynn to either come fight him or sit down and stop yelling. And Flynn sat.
    WTF is Flynn doing? Without Trump, he is just a disgraced politician who got fired by one president, then convicted during another’s term... for different corruption.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I feel I didn’t do a great job teasing the article, so I want to add it gets very heated from there. WH lawyers were demanding evidence as all they’d seen was debunked bullshit and the Powell crew was demanding we investigate their fairy tales.
    I linked it earlier, but have you seen the ex-Overstock CEO's "his side of the story"?

Because he's literally talking about bluffing their way into an Oval Office meeting, past security etc. which is like...pretty significant if true?

I linked it earlier, but have you seen the ex-Overstock CEO's "his side of the story"?

Because he's literally talking about bluffing their way into an Oval Office meeting, past security etc. which is like...pretty significant if true?
    Which is why I suspect its not true. Now they may have arrived somewhat unannounced and then had Trump or one of his family members wave them through but the notion that you could bluff your way past the secret service into the oval office just feels ridiculous and would be a colossal failure of security.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Which is why I suspect its not true. Now they may have arrived somewhat unannounced and then had Trump or one of his family members wave them through but the notion that you could bluff your way past the secret service into the oval office just feels ridiculous and would be a colossal failure of security.
    Given the absolute dysfunction and chaos of the WH, especially by December of last year, this is absolutely 100% believable to me.

That being said, I don't remotely trust ex-CEO dude either.

If it is true though, hot damn is that nuts as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post

Lunacy.
    What a shitshow.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    What a shitshow.
    Its pretty damn hilarious when even a newsmax anchor is like that's it I am out this is crazy town.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Its pretty damn hilarious when even a newsmax anchor is like that's it I am out this is crazy town.
    I agree, he knew his ass was on the line, as does Newsmax. he noped the fuck out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    [video=youtube_share;jQNVSitbrY4]https://youtu.be/jQNVSitbrY4[/vid

Lunacy.
    Dude probably had a relapse on crack, or whatever drug he was doing...

https://www.al.com/politics/2021/02/...ne-report.html

Yo, does Tommy Tuberville get his news via carrier pigeon? Does inclement weather prevent him from receiving African Swallow delivered messages? Are the messages kept safe in coconuts?

https://www.al.com/politics/2021/02/...ne-report.html

Yo, does Tommy Tuberville get his news via carrier pigeon? Does inclement weather prevent him from receiving African Swallow delivered messages? Are the messages kept safe in coconuts?
    Yeah, apparently that dumbass doesn't have a smartphone or an aide with a smartphone. He is trying to do what others have done and say they don't know anything about her. Like Lady G said when he said he wanted to see what she actually said, before making any comments because somehow he thinks reporters would make up these batshit claims.

House Democrat cheers Gaetz's offer to resign, help Trump with trial

Democratic Rep. Brendan Boyle (Pa.) poked at GOP Rep. Matt Gaetz (Fla.) on Wednesday, saying he backed Gaetz's offer to resign his seat to defend former President Trump in his Senate trial.

“I strongly support my colleague Matt Gaetz doing this,” Boyle tweeted, sharing a tweet about Gaetz's remarks.

The Democrat weighed in after Gaetz said during an appearance on Trump ally Stephen Bannon's radio show that he would step down from Congress to defend Trump in his upcoming impeachment trial if asked to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Gaetz's offer to resign his seat to defend former President Trump in his Senate trial.
    So uh...why is Gaetz so willing to flee? It's like 2 weeks after inauguration. Is he running from something? Or was he just lying?