Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Trump has numerous pending criminal and civil investigations coming down the pipes at him.

We aren’t done with him by a mile.

Best case scenario we get news of Biden’s successful response to the coronavirus and good handling of the resulting recovery juxtaposed against news of Trump court dates and litigation. And he won’t have any GOP cronies trying to eek out political points with his base on those juries.
    I agree. And when actual real developments happen in these cases then it warrants a discussion. But to just fixate on him for everyday rather than focus on whether the new administration is making progress?
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-02-15 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    I agree. And when actual real developments happen in these cases then it warrants a discussion. But to just fixate on him for everyday rather than focus on whether the new administration is making progress?
    FYI; this is the Trump thread...wtf do you think it'll focus on? Your whine is as inconsistent as your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I think with the Trump, the ugliness of GOP has gained a new name though, and that name is Trumpism. Trumpian politics? Trumpianites?
    Sometimes it’s better to use old, reliable brand names. A Klansman with Orange Face Paint and a Red Cap is still a Klansman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    FYI; this is the Trump thread...wtf do you think it'll focus on?
    It's also highly hypocritical for a Trump supporter like him to say "let's move on until there are developments" a month or two after LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! chants started to slow down.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Oh dear. This might explain a little. I'll ask his wife for more info...soon
    Don't forget your loofah!

10+ Year Old Account
    Actions have consequences.

New Orleans business owners express ire at the shutdown rules for Mardi Gras.

New Orleans is a center of coronavirus. Mardi Gras could be to blame, doctors say.

Yeah that's from 2020. It's a good few pages back in this thread too, of course. Here's something from the more recent article:

Citing coronavirus-related concerns,Mayor LaToya Cantrell said on Feb. 5 that all bars in the city would be closed for five days — from the Friday before Mardi Gras through Fat Tuesday itself, which falls on Feb. 16 this year. Liquor sales are not allowed in the French Quarter, even from liquor stores, and to-go beverages are banned during the five days. Already, parades and large gatherings are prohibited, and masks and social distancing are required.

Officials are hoping to avoid a repeat of Mardi Gras 2020, which attracted over a million people to New Orleans to celebrate Carnival and unknowingly contributed to the outbreak and caused the city’s hospitals to reach capacity.

That means the city's tourism-dependent economy — made up of restaurants, bars, small shops and hotels already hit hard by the pandemic — will have little to look forward to this Carnival season.

Without the usual Mardi Gras festivities, many businesses will miss out on an anticipated bump in profits, said Markus Schuckert, professor and director of the Hospitality Research Center at the University of New Orleans.

Usually, during the Mardi Gras season, hotel occupancy is at a minimum of 90 percent. However, the average occupancy for 2021 is around 20 percent, according to the Greater New Orleans Hotel & Lodging Association.

"Mardi Gras is a mega event that is by locals for locals and tourists," Schuckert said. "It involves the whole city and creates a huge impact in terms of revenue because you have so many people coming here to spend money."

New Orleans council member Kristin Gisleson Palmer, whose zone includes the French Quarter, said her district is the biggest driver of the city's earnings and the area hardest hit since the pandemic.

"It's very concerning. ... I am fearful that neighborhood bars and restaurants will close, and I am hearing from owners that every little bit of income helps, and they were relying on [Mardi Gras]," Palmer said.
    I can't help but wonder if a community nearly 100% supported by wild, drunk, out-of-control tourists would have similar rules and/or outrage if it was in, I dunno, a state less Trump supporter-y than Deep Rouge Louisiana. We might never know. But simply put, fool me once, shame on...shame on you...(turns lights off, fless by helicopter)

But hey, maybe there'll be slightly fewer flesh-eating rats this year.

You're just going to create a cozy echo chamber if you only want to listen to voices you agree with. Bad idea.
    You bitch about echo chambers but want this thread to move on because a bunch of people think its time to stop worrying about impeachment.

Tell me you see the hypocrisy in that........

Also, anyone saying we should move on, is normalizing Trump's behavior.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

This poll from Reuters has it as less than half in favour of impeachment. Time to move on.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN2AA260
    Yeah, totally not a Trump supporter, yet keeps trying to defend Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s funny because the poll is from after day 1.
    Always happens with some people, they refuse to use more up to date information.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    They can just keep picking new dates, it doesn't matter how many times they're wrong.
    The next date will be April 20, because Trump's initials are the 4th and 20th letters of the alphabet. Not to mention it's also Hitler's birthday.

Then after that it will be October 3. If you take the wavelength of Trump's skin color (orange) in nanometers, you get 600. Then divide by 45 because he was the 45th President, and you get 13.333 (repeating of course). Subtract 3 from that since Earth is the 3rd planet from the sun, and you get 10.333, round to 1 decimal place because Trump was the bestest, bigliest #1 President ever, and you get 10.3 (October 3).
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Yeah, totally not a Trump supporter, yet keeps trying to defend Trump.
    Are these folks trump supporters?
    https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/stat...45102760824834

Yes or no? Pathetic to just call anyone who disagrees with your viewpoint a Trump supporter. As if people can't just have different viewpoints. Really disappointing.

Are these folks trump supporters?
    https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/stat...45102760824834

Yes or no? Pathetic to just call anyone who disagrees with your viewpoint a Trump supporter. As if people can't just have different viewpoints. Really disappointing.
    Literally has nothing to do with the conversation. I don't know why you are tagging me.

Briahna Joy Gray disagreed with Leslie Lee's comments.

You're whining in a thread about Donald Trump.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

14th Amendment Move To Ban Trump From Future Office May Require Court Process

You think this will happen?

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Briahna Joy Gray disagreed with Leslie Lee's comments.

You're whining in a thread about Donald Trump.
    Regardless, the point is that people will have different views on how to move on. We shouldn't be labeling people like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does being a grifter that indirectly supports Trump, count? How about shitting on democrats since May, as they pushed for a 1200 stimulus... to only jump onboard, as a way to copy the Trump grift?

You think it’s a good idea to use one of the drivers of ‘force the vote’, as a defense of the stimulus? Was the stimulus impeded by ‘force the vote’? If she got her way and the house vote was split on Palosi, resulting in GOP minority leader heading it... How would that help the stimulus?

- - - Updated - - -

Regardless, the point is that people will have different views on how to move on. We shouldn't be labeling people like this.
    Yes, how did the impeachment, impede the stimulus?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Monday's quick report:

52,785 new cases, about 38k fewer than last Monday. However, several states have once again still not reported and I suspect the huge cold front occupying the middle of the country is likely suppressing testing as people hunker down in their homes. If that's the case we might see a bump in cases once the freeze is over--or if people start getting worried about their symptoms and figure a trip to a test center (if they're open) is worthwhile.

954 deaths is about 600 fewer than last Monday and brings the total to 498,203. Once again, I suspect that number is a bit artificially depressed. Worldometers usually back-dates corrections so we might not see a bump during my daily reports but JH might have something different to say in the coming week. Either way we'll be crossing 500k tomorrow (according to worldometers) and I fully expect to see another 100k dead by the end of summer at the latest since, while Biden's plans are pretty solid, we're battling against nearly a fully year of negligence in the virus response.

Stay safe, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    About a third or so support him.
    One of Trump’s most dangerous qualities, sadly like Hitler, is his magnetic charisma and compelling voice. It can easily influence young people until they realize they’ve gone in too deep into the wrong ideologies.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    One of Trump’s most dangerous qualities, sadly like Hitler, is his magnetic charisma and compelling voice. It can easily influence young people until they realize they’ve gone in too deep into the wrong ideologies.
    You forgot to mention his integrity and intelligence ...

Quote Originally Posted by Thrundi View Post
    You forgot to mention his integrity and intelligence ...
    well in this instance, these weren't exactly described as positive qualities