1. #67041
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,452
    Comey raises an interesting point. I happen to disagree with it, but I think it merits discussion.

    Should Biden's DoJ pursue a clear road map of illegal actions by Donald Trump and prosecute him?

    Comey says no.

    the mission of the next attorney general must be fostering the trust of the American people
    I believe Comey's statement about "trust" means that bringing the country back together requires Republicans and the rabid fanbase to see that Biden and the Democrats want to move forward working for the country, and to act on present and future issues rather than past ones.

    I see and respect his point. I also disagree with it substantially.

    1) If we normalize Trump's behavior, we are complicit when it happens again.

    2) I'm willing to forgive things like "someone scratched my car in the parking lot" but there is a level beyond which my forgiveness comes to an end. "Attempting to overthrow democracy in America" puts you well past that, and Trump did it twice.

    3) Republicans are willing to compromise and see reason, but the rabid fanbase is not. Nothing will appease them. Throwing them a bone just gives them a taste for blood.

    4) Trump threatened Clinton to her face on live TV to prosecute her, and did so to massive applause. It would only be fair to apply the same standards. Yes, I am aware the rabid fanbase things "hypocrisy" is how Shakira dances, but at some point, "you asked for this" is a fair response, even to people who are suddenly on the other side of their own issue.

    ANd of course

    5) It's almost moot, Biden doesn't need to lift a finger. Even if there aren't dozens/hundreds of whistleblowers counting the seconds to Jan 20th, NYState is waiting eagerly. "Our knives have been extra sharpened for this," they'll say, "we had nothing better to do because of the COVID outbreak you directly caused."

  2. #67042
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    As much as I hate Trump, but watching the rally right now: is there a more disgusting human being than Don Jr. ?
    Which Jr.? I know of two of them between his three wives and uncountable mistresses/victims.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  3. #67043
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    6,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Which Jr.? I know of two of them between his three wives and uncountable mistresses/victims.
    The Donald one.

  4. #67044
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I believe Comey's statement about "trust" means that bringing the country back together requires Republicans and the rabid fanbase to see that Biden and the Democrats want to move forward working for the country, and to act on present and future issues rather than past ones.
    How did we handle the division after the civil war, actually? I mean to start, Lee actually admitted defeat and surrendered. I'm saying if we can actually get past that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  5. #67045
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Just saw on the news today that D.C.'s mayor is warning people to stay away from the violent """protesters""" that will be swarming D.C. crying to overturn our democratic election and instill their pet dictator.
    Of course. When the clashes turn violent (reads news) more violent, innocent people and nonviolent protestors don't need to be in the figurative or literal line of fire.

    Some of these rabid fanbase cultists are looking to get shot.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    How did we handle the division after the civil war, actually?
    The 1876 national election and fallout thereof. It's a big part of American history, and right about now, even non-Americans should browse the details.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Which Jr.?
    "junior" is a suffix added to a given/family name pair that matches their father. The only "junior" is Donald Trump Junior. Eric is not "junior" because his name does not match.

    If you do it twice in a row, the next one is "Donald Trump III" which uses Roman numerals for some reason. It is not "junior junior" unfortunately.

  6. #67046
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The 1876 national election and fallout thereof. It's a big part of American history, and right about now, even non-Americans should browse the details.
    So if Trumpers are actually citing that as precedent,

    What compromise would THEY want to appease them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  7. #67047
    Yeah @Breccia fuck that... there cannot be trust in the government if they are not prosecuting corruption and illegal actions, throwing the book at people, even if it’s the fucking Ex-President. You want trust? Show us that no one is above the law.

  8. #67048
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    So if Trumpers are actually citing that as precedent,
    Oh, they aren't. I was answering you, not them. The rabid fanbase is a cult, there is no appeasing them except by doing whatever Trump wants. Comey's suggestion was along the lines of the 1876 situation.

  9. #67049
    Comey is one of the biggest reasons we even had to deal with Trump as the 45th, so screw him.

    Yes, I know it's easy for his base to spin Trump as a Martyr, but Trump has crossed so many lines and made Watergate look like a joke, that just to actually withhold rule of law and so that we don't actually have competent dictators-in-the-making eventually come in and use Trump's actions as a new baseline, he 100% should be investigated and incriminated with sufficient evidence.

    It's actually a lot easier to just pardon/ignore Trump but ultimately is the worse decision to make.

    On a separate note, are there precautions taken so he and his family can't flee the country yet?

  10. #67050
    Elemental Lord Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    8,574
    The DoJ needs to investigate, expose, and prosecute everyone involved in any illegal attempts to influence the election. We cannot, under any circumstance, let this become the way elections are handled going forward. This behavior needs to be penalized and discouraged. It's already too late to nip it in the bud and it's clear that Republicans don't have any integrity, so they need to face consequences.

  11. #67051
    Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    Comey is one of the biggest reasons we even had to deal with Trump as the 45th, so screw him.

    Yes, I know it's easy for his base to spin Trump as a Martyr, but Trump has crossed so many lines and made Watergate look like a joke, that just to actually withhold rule of law and so that we don't actually have competent dictators-in-the-making eventually come in and use Trump's actions as a new baseline, he 100% should be investigated and incriminated with sufficient evidence.

    It's actually a lot easier to just pardon/ignore Trump but ultimately is the worse decision to make.

    On a separate note, are there precautions taken so he and his family can't flee the country yet?
    Yes, it happened when Trump was inaugurated, given the highest security clearance possible, and idiotically insisted that his moron kids also be given that clearance. There’s no way the CIA lets a group of people like that out of their sight, ever.

  12. #67052
    https://mobile.twitter.com/ElijahSch...819105792?s=20
    BREAKING: Trump supporters have breached the Capitol building, tearing down 4 layers of security fencing and are attempting to occupy the building — fighting federal police who are overrun

    This is the craziest thing I’ve ever seen in my life. Thousands, police can’t stop them
    Crazy stuff.

  13. #67053
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    Why does everyone keep sharing this Blaze reporter claiming something that his own video doesn't show?

  14. #67054
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    The DoJ needs to investigate, expose, and prosecute everyone involved in any illegal attempts to influence the election. We cannot, under any circumstance, let this become the way elections are handled going forward. This behavior needs to be penalized and discouraged. It's already too late to nip it in the bud and it's clear that Republicans don't have any integrity, so they need to face consequences.
    Yup letting this go means the next republican president will be a dictator.

  15. #67055
    VP Pence has penned a letter to members of Congress:

    https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/s...79523774738434





    Trump won't be happy when he reads that (or has it read to him).

    TL - DR: "My role is to preside over the session and ensure that objections are heard. It is not to decide whether votes shall be counted or not".

  16. #67056
    Trump was right you know. The Republicans have a death wish.

  17. #67057
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Trump won't be happy when he reads that
    Actually I think he will.

    1) Notice the careful wording, especially the second half of the second page. He's not saying "Don't do it". He's saying "I can't do it, you have to do it for me".

    2) Pence signed that shit in Sharpie. If he didn't want Trump to read it, he wouldn't have signed it in Sharpie taking up half a page.

  18. #67058
    I wonder if Trump will end up getting impeached for this? He basically incited it.

    Moscow Mitch seems to have had enough of him, and you'd think a lot of otherwise reticent Republican Senators might take a dim view on their own safety being compromised by Trump.

  19. #67059
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    I wonder if Trump will end up getting impeached for this? He basically incited it.
    Nah. He already got impeached. And he is out the door soon anyway, so Republicans won't do shit. Plus, I think he is already in some major legal troubles after he is out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

  20. #67060
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    28,755
    Today is the final proof of what I've been saying for years.

    Trump is a stochastic terrorist.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •