10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Right Wing memes tend to miss the mark and end up as more mockable than anything else.
    Oh God, reminded me of the NPC meme. And how it was used to insult left-leaning people. It was... interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...as-us-attorney

Durham is retiring this weekend so...I guess the Durham probe turned up one low level FBI agent that got a slap on the wrist and...that's it? DoJ seems like they'll continue it, but I've got some very blue balls after years of Hannity et all telling me that the Durham probe was gonna be lit AF fam, and totes take down the whole corrupt Democratic party and the DEEP STATE(tm).

Damn, why does almost every single one of Trump's big bombs always end up with limp-dick.
    Still special counsel, no longer us attorney for Connecticut.

Biden & his appointees are going to have to really get their hands dirty if they want an end to it. Otherwise, it still churns on.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Oh God, reminded me of the NPC meme. And how it was used to insult left-leaning people. It was... interesting.
    That one was just as bad as their obsession with using "cuck" as an insult. And even more hypocritical.

Let's just mindlessly repeat "orange man bad" to anyone or anything that dares question our golden idol! Surely that will prove that they're the NPCs, and not us!
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Why would they want to end it? Aside from saving taxpayer dollars on a pointless endeavor, obviously.
    I doubt they have good reason to end it. But maybe you read the post when somebody said it was already ended?

It already nailed a career FBI lawyer who doctored emails to lie to a federal judge, so maybe there's others who violated FBI procedures to subvert the law (other than the obvious names who have already resigned in disgrace or have other investigations and legal proceedings against them).
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I almost feel like whomever designed and built it (or rather directed the construction) knew exactly what it was but everyone else is likely clueless. Like it was either a prank (like the infamous fake Seal) or they were a total Nazi and just getting it out there.
    Just like the Homeland Security article while back with a 14 word headline starting with "We Must Secure". Just some low-level-Nazi dog whistling. At least that is my take.

64,320 new cases; about 23k fewer than two weeks ago. Several states haven't reported yet.

Top 5:

New York: 8,213 new cases; 100 deaths
    Texas: 5,777 new cases; 158 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    California: 4,338 new cases; 158 deaths
    New Jersey: 4,134 new cases; 46 deaths

Again, not much to say today as it's a Saturday and the begin of the underreporting. New York is still currently seeing a small spike in cases but their positivity continues to drop (currently at about 3.3%) so I don't think it's anything to panic about. Blah blah Texas testing still bad. California's case count is the lowest it's been since the end of October (although it's a weekend total so that's probably cheating) and their death count should continue dropping accordingly. Right now a lot of the country is heading in the direction it should be (with a few outliers; guess) and additional vaccines are on the way. Vaccines are being administered at a rate of about 1.5 million shots a day, so chances are improving the US will reach Biden's goal of 100 million vaccinations in his first 100 days.

1,554 deaths is once again about 800 fewer than two weeks ago and brings the total to 524,669. That difference might tighten a bit as the late reports come in, but it will still be pretty sizeable. However, even though deaths are coming down by a lot we're still losing an average of 14k people a week, which is sobering. Biden just had a vigil for the 500k people who died less than a week ago and already we are about a quarter of the way to 600k (from 500k; don't be pedantic).

Related news:

J&J’s 1-dose shot cleared, giving US 3rd COVID-19 vaccine--This will speed up vaccinations and help ensure people are fully vaccinated. There are still many people only getting the first shot of the Moderna/Pfizer vaccines and skipping the second.

'There's a degree of mistrust': a third of US military personnel refuse Covid vaccine--This is fucked. Why is it even an option for them to refuse? *sigh*

Stay safe, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Related news:

J&J’s 1-dose shot cleared, giving US 3rd COVID-19 vaccine--This will speed up vaccinations and help ensure people are fully vaccinated. There are still many people only getting the first shot of the Moderna/Pfizer vaccines and skipping the second.
    They said they'd only have 20 million doses through March. So while helpful in the long run, it won't make much of a difference in the immediate future.
    Last edited by Nellise; 2021-02-28 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    They said they'd only have 20 million doses through March. So while it helpful in the long run, it won't make much of a difference in the immediate future.
    That's 20 million more than there would have been without and given that it's a single shot instead of two, 20 million means 20 million people vaccinated. That's a pretty big difference and you can bet that production is going to get ramped up ASAP. It's helpful regardless.

Oh people! You are going to love this.

CPAC's gold Trump statue was made in Mexico https://t.co/ngwv0afNTQ https://t.co/9Ohg8KkGt7
    https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1...066633729?s=19
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Oh people! You are going to love this. https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1...066633729?s=19
    Caught that here; Artist behind golden Trump statue at CPAC says he made it in Mexico

The artist behind the golden statue of former president trump at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) this weekend said that it was made in Mexico.

Artist Tommy Zegan, who lives in Mexico as an American expat on a permanent resident visa, told Politico Playbook on Saturday that he spent more than six months creating the 200-pound statue.

Zegan, with the help of three men in his home city of Rosarito, constructed the statue out of fiberglass and painted it in chrome before transporting it to CPAC this weekend in Orlando, Fla.

Zegan told Playbook that the statue, which shows Trump wearing a suit jacket and red tie as well as American flag shorts and flip-flops, is on sale for $100,000.

----

So wrong but so right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh people! You are going to love this.
    Huh. It sook him six months and his life savings of $50,000 to make it. He built it in Mexico, because if he had not, he could not have afforded to make it at all.

I also like the way he said "It's not an idol, it's a statue". If I told my students "11 isn't a prime, it's a number" I would expect them to laugh at me as much as I'm laughing at this apparently broke guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    They said they'd only have 20 million doses through March. So while helpful in the long run, it won't make much of a difference in the immediate future.
    Pathetic really. Absolute failure on their part to not plan and ramp up production in anticipation of the likely approval.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Huh. It sook him six months and his life savings of $50,000 to make it. He built it in Mexico, because if he had not, he could not have afforded to make it at all.
    To be honest I hope this guy can sell it for a 100k. He took initiative to create a work of art, it's good craftsmanship. That's the kind of can-do-attitude to be commended. He is a 100 times more American than Trump.

I also like the way he said "It's not an idol, it's a statue". If I told my students "11 isn't a prime, it's a number" I would expect them to laugh at me as much as I'm laughing at this apparently broke guy.
    Yeah, the irony. He went to foreign county, Mexico of all places to have it made cheaper. Doesn't sound very Trumpy to me.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the irony. He went to foreign county, Mexico of all places to have it made cheaper. Doesn't sound very Trumpy to me.
    What does Trump have made in America?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    What does Trump have made in America?
    Falsehoods.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Falsehoods.
    Sure those don't come from Russia? :P
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    While the image of having USA made stuff is the image he wants portray, it's actually very Trumpian in it's hypocrisy. He imported tons and tons of goods from China.
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-02-28 at 06:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Really? sounds like peak Trump.
    Remember Trump MAGA hats with "made in china" on the tags?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death