Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    @cubby will this have any effects on the civil cases that are being prepared by the attorney general of NY state against the Trump Organization?
    It shouldn't affect them, no. The investigations going on by NY State AG and the Manhattan DA's office are all regarding past actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    "I denounce the violence I personally instigated, a full week after the fact. Now, put me back on Twitter."
    Exactly. This is a man-child trying to placate their parent after they have been caught stealing from the cookie jar (and then burning it to the ground). Contrition like this, after the punishment, is yet another sign of Trump's complete inability to acknowledge his wrongful (deplorable) acts.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Unless his argument is that impeachment is so emotionally draining that Trump will die if it follows through... I don’t understand why he is talking.
    ...say it again, this time, in a husky voice for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

Keep him banned on Twitter after this apology and watch him walk it back. ‘I was never really sorry anyway!’

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    In case anyone missed it when he read it out:

In a statement released by the White House, President Trump said, "In light of reports of more demonstrations, I urge that there must be NO violence, NO lawbreaking and NO vandalism of any kind. That is not what I stand for and it is not what America stands for. I call on ALL Americans to help ease tensions and calm tempers. Thank You."

Sounds more like Trump trying to save his ass from impeachment...
    Too coherent, too on topic, no rambling.
    0/10, would not believe, not enough MAGA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    You need to call a psychic and a numerologist... QAnon knows what he really said... how are we supposed to unite as a nation, when we don’t follow the logic of the other side?

I have just 3 letters for you... C... G... Eye... notice the signature Kubrick style... not a single woman in the video... just like the moon landing...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

The man has moments, the tell that it's him is the "I call on ALL Americans..." bit. We all know who's responsible, but it's up to everyone to settle down. No, I don't think so. Easing up on the people who just attempted a fucking coup is the last thing I'm going to do.

Because that's what this message really says to those people. "If you're listening, I'm telling everyone else to chill the fuck out on your asses, because I don't think so badly of you in specific, it's everyone else's job to ease up."
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "That's my style; I like to kick 'em when they're down!"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    In case anyone missed it, the White House just released a video speech starring the Orange Man himself.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1349492130578919425
    Stopped watching after he brought up the attack on free speech... cause that’s not what happened to him.

Cry some more, Donald.
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

...say it again, this time, in a husky voice for me.
    You got it, dude:

As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

Now he condemns the violence. Too little, too late. Wonder if his minions feels betrayed.

“Donald Trump belongs in jail.”

Ex-FBI Director @Comey says while he “obviously believes” the president should be in jail, he doesn’t think “pursuing that is in the best interests of the American people”, adding Joe Biden should "consider" pardoning Donald Trump

#Newsnight https://t.co/RUghKyq5nW
    https://twitter.com/BBCNewsnight/sta...252450308?s=19

Interview vid in link.

James Comey gtfo. You really have some bad takes.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post

Now he condemns the violence. Too little, too late. Wonder if his minions feels betrayed.
    The "DEEP STATE!"(tm) finally got to him.

Now he'll be forever known as Deep State Donald.

Only to save his ass legally. Trust me his lawyers are scaring the shit out him with criminal prosecution.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The "DEEP STATE!"(tm) finally got to him.

Now he'll be forever known as Deep State Donald.
    Upon winning the election 4 years ago, he couldn't stop talking about setting records. He's uncharacteristically quiet now.

Republican Trumpers are the party of Snowflake Freedumb.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...-riot-n1254011
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

"Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Republican Trumpers are the party of Freedumb.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...-riot-n1254011
    Capitol police need to start treating them as law enforcement would treat anyone normally trying to circumvent a metal detector at a secure location.

Seriously, until we see someone like Mo Brooks get bodied and detained by a Capitol police officer, I don't think this is gonna change.

Upon winning the election 4 years ago, he couldn't stop talking about setting records. He's uncharacteristically quiet now.
    He’s got a new record. Elected once, impeached twice. Can’t stop winning.

Parler is down, but ParlerTakes on Twitter has been scraping some choice messages from other services. This one in particular tells me at least some aren't taking it well.

- - - Updated - - -

He's uncharacteristically quiet now.
    He did 95% of his ranting on Twitter. I doubt he's being quiet. He just lost access to his favorite platform for wild, lunatic ravings.

Trump kicked off Snapchat.

Man, social media really wants to 100% this. They already completed the Twitter main quest, now they're going back for sidequests Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, YouTube, Snapchat etc. Any second now we'll see a trophy pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump kicked off Snapchat.

Man, social media really wants to 100% this. They already completed the Twitter main quest, now they're going back for sidequests Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, YouTube, Snapchat etc. Any second now we'll see a trophy pop up.
    I just wanna know when Geocities is gonna ban him.

So, according to one news report I read, there are some on the far-right claiming Trump's video is actually a deepfake.