Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    I'm legitimately confused as to why they think it's child abuse, and HURTING children, though. I get they think it's pointless for kids, thats a real discussion.

But this is just silly, and i'm too scared to dive too deep into bizarro world to find the answer.
    It doesn't really matter. They FEEL it's true, therefore it's true. It's pointless looking for a logical explanation from people who didn't logic their way to the belief in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    r/conservative seems to now be fully on board with masking children is child abuse, and will and is causing mental damage.
    You know what actually causes mental damage?

Dead parents.

10+ Year Old Account
    r/conservative seems to now be fully on board with masking children is child abuse, and will and is causing mental damage.

Obviously that's pants on head moronic, but can anyone explain to me why they think this? Do they think kids are feeling like they're the victims of tyranny, so it'll hurt their self-esteem, or something? I'm fully confused on this line of thinking.
    Even funnier when their "historical" contention is that masks don't stop the virus (the samesuch virus that they also contend may or may not exist.)

So a virus that's about a hundred times larger than an oxygen molecule isn't stopped by the mask, but the O2 molecules... are?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You know what actually causes mental damage?

Dead parents.
    I'd wager a camo-pants wearing, be-mulleted 45 year old screaming about how masks are child abuse at a family just going about their business would also probably be pretty traumatic for said child.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2021-04-29 at 12:24 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    (minutes later)

Michael Cohen offered an excited reaction Wednesday to the news that federal prosecutors had executed a search warrant at Rudy Giuliani's apartment.

Heeheeheeheehee

Cohen, who was once former President Trump's personal lawyer before a serious falling out, wrote on Twitter, “Here we go folks!!!”

Last month, Cohen met with the Manhattan district attorney’s office for the seventh time, as part of a criminal investigation looking into Trump’s family business finances.

Cohen also reacted to seeing his name trending on Twitter following the news of Giuliani’s search warrant, writing “Amazing that @RudyGiuliani home and office gets raided by law enforcement and I start #trending on @Twitter!”
    Funny story: Cohen was able to talk about it, on Twitter. You know who can't? Trump. You know who didn't? Giuliani. We know his account's live because he posted a three-minute video "the left is indoctrinating our children through entertainment" but has said nothing today about the fraud hoax fake news covfefe.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    (minutes later)

Michael Cohen offered an excited reaction Wednesday to the news that federal prosecutors had executed a search warrant at Rudy Giuliani's apartment.

Heeheeheeheehee

Funny story: Cohen was able to talk about it, on Twitter. You know who can't? Trump. You know who didn't? Giuliani. We know his account's live because he posted a three-minute video "the left is indoctrinating our children through entertainment" but has said nothing today about the fraud hoax fake news covfefe.
    Did you see the video of Guiliani's son being retarded in front of a bunch of cameras? He is still going on about Hunter Biden. Literally saying they took everything but the evidence against Hunter Biden LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Are you calling Batman brain damaged?
    A rich guy that dresses up in a costume and beats up criminals at night? Yeah, most folks would say that's a bit brain damaged : P

(<3 Batman, don't @me)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    A rich guy that dresses up in a costume and beats up criminals at night? Yeah, most folks would say that's a bit brain damaged : P

(<3 Batman, don't @me)
    Remember when this forum had the batman and the penguin arguing? Those were the days...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Batman's Mental Health, Part 1

On topic: that methane vote was 52-42 with not just Graham and Collins but also Natalie Portman voting to...

(checks notes)

Sen. Rob Portman (R-OH-NO) joining with the Democrats to remove the Trump rule. I don't know if a filibuster was an option, but if so, it doesn't appear to have been used.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

(<3 Batman, don't @me)
    Booo, Batman is not even a good Batman. This guy is a good Batman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z36Hk92Lfc
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    He is the best Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Did you see the video of Guiliani's son being retarded in front of a bunch of cameras? He is still going on about Hunter Biden. Literally saying they took everything but the evidence against Hunter Biden LOL.

Rudy's son looking like the mayor's son from the Tim Burton's Batman, and says similar stupid shit too. I do love the "this can happen to you too if it happened to him" thing. Yeah, it could, but since I don't have my hand in likely two dozen criminal acts and/or shady immoral schemes I don't think I have to worry anything about that.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Wait, did he say, "Anybody. Any American, whether you are Reddit or blue."?

Hmmm, did he misspeak, or was it a Freudian slip?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes? That’s his whole stick
    There the whole “heros in crisis” storyline where it’s revealed he helped build and use a place where heros who suffer from ptsd and other mental illness can go get help.

Source confirms Justice Dept under Barr blocked a warrant for Giuliani — meaning House Judiciary chair Nadler may have been right all along that Berman ouster from SDNY was to disrupt probes implicating Trump.
    https://twitter.com/hugolowell/statu...413831688?s=19

Well shocking to nobody. Hopefully they will hard press on finding obstruction and interfering investigations on Barr. A little more hard in connecting Trump (talking about actual legal effort) with giving the order.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/hugolowell/statu...413831688?s=19

Well shocking to nobody. Hopefully they will hard press on finding obstruction and interfering investigations on Barr. A little more hard in connecting Trump (talking about actual legal effort) with giving the order.
    Barr somehow getting indicted for obstruction of justice would just be *chef's kiss*.
    Probably to much to hope for tho.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Barr somehow getting indicted for obstruction of justice would just be *chef's kiss*.
    Probably to much to hope for tho.
    We've sent a US AG to prison before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

To be fair to him he is the product of inbreeding so never really stood a chance in the brains department.

Wednesday's report:

56,604 new cases; about 9k fewer than last Wednesday.

Top 5:

Fuck Florida.
    Michigan: 4,943 new cases; 37 deaths
    Texas: 3,852 new cases; 75 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 3,542 new cases; 65 deaths
    New York: 3,365 new cases; 18 deaths

Much the same picture as yesterday. Michigan and Florida continue to have the worst positivity rates, followed by Alabama, Pennsylania and--oh, South Dakota making a bit of a comeback, I see. Governor Kristi Noem continues to try to wrest the title of Worst Person Ever from Trump and his lackeys. Most of the country still remains in at least a "High risk" category, though the top states in terms of % vaccinated are primarily in New England: New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Vermont, Maine, Rhode Island, Hawaii, New Jersey, New Mexico and Pennsylvania round out the top 10 with only Pennsylvania falling below the 50% mark (California comes in just under in 11th spot with 47.5%). Sure does seem to be a bit of a pattern forming there, eh? Wonder if the GOP will have many voters left come 2022.

954 deaths is slightly higher than last Wednesday and brings the total to 588,337. Crept a little close to 1k, but we did last week as well. The 7-day average continues slowly declining over time.

U.S. faces COVID-19 vaccine surplus as demand slows--Go back and read what I wrote about vaccination rates. I think we know why there's low demand now overall. (Hint: It's not because everyone's been vaccinated.)

U.S. to send more than $100 million in COVID supplies to India--The US has been criticized for not sharing with less fortunate countries, so this is a start. I'm more of the mind that one should "secure their own oxygen mask before assisting others", but it's good to see this administration having a more positive attitude towards foreign aid.

Stay safe, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    U.S. faces COVID-19 vaccine surplus as demand slows--Go back and read what I wrote about vaccination rates. I think we know why there's low demand now overall. (Hint: It's not because everyone's been vaccinated.)
    Does it have anything to do with the mango?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, it's time for Guess the Mango! Fuck! Dammit @Ripster42 you made me give the answer away.

It's like so unfair and ... it's like a double standard like I don't think anybody's ever seen before. It's very, very unfair. Rudy is a patriot who loves this country.
    Yep, that's Trump on FOX News (not like he's got another outlet) talking about Giuliani.

Quick question to, well @cubby of course but everyone else: when is "this person a patriot" a legal excuse to commit a crime? Because I don't think it's a legal excuse to commit a crime. Neither is "I was only following orders" just so we're clear.