1. #68701
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Makes me feel so warm inside.
    The article says we don't know who made the decision or why. Since Trump isn't scheduled to leave the country, we know that's not it.

  2. #68702
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    (serious) a bit late, but why did a hardcore republican like Arnold Schwarzenegger publicly denounce and dehumanize Trump a week ago?
    This isn't the first time he has done it, and he isn't a hardcore Republican, he is actually smart.

  3. #68703
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,571
    This is interesting.

    The FBI is investigating a foreign investment in the murderous insurrection.

    Worth noting: I don't care if the murderous insurrectionists were paid by each other, by Democrats, by France or by Russia. A mercenary who takes money to do the crime, still does the crime. If someone paid them to do it, that's fine, arrrest them too. It's not like it's election fraud.

  4. #68704
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This is interesting.

    The FBI is investigating a foreign investment in the murderous insurrection.

    Worth noting: I don't care if the murderous insurrectionists were paid by each other, by Democrats, by France or by Russia. A mercenary who takes money to do the crime, still does the crime. If someone paid them to do it, that's fine, arrrest them too. It's not like it's election fraud.
    Also worth noting: If this group received help from a foreign power to attempt to overthrow the government, it isn't just sedition anymore. That's right, treason is back on the menu.

  5. #68705
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    This isn't the first time he has done it, and he isn't a hardcore Republican, he is actually smart.
    I haven't really paid him much attention in his political field, has he owned up to and apologized to the damage his policies did to California?
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  6. #68706
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,571
    Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    Also worth noting: If this group received help from a foreign power to attempt to overthrow the government, it isn't just sedition anymore. That's right, treason is back on the menu.
    Interesting, but wouldn't that require aid and comfort to a foreign enemy? I didn't mention it, but the payments came from a French guy.

  7. #68707
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Good.

    I'm cynically hopeful that these challenges will lead to barring him because, despite Florida's Governor being a Trump sycophant, it seems that a lot of rich people don't want Trump living there.

    And furthermore, I'd have to think the number of law firms still willing to represent Trump is pretty small.
    He's notorious for not paying so why would they?

  8. #68708
    Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    Also worth noting: If this group received help from a foreign power to attempt to overthrow the government, it isn't just sedition anymore. That's right, treason is back on the menu.
    So... Breccia, remember a few days ago when u told me what are the penalties for treason?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker



  9. #68709
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    So... Breccia, remember a few days ago when u told me what are the penalties for treason?
    The ones that rhyme with "hiring squad"?

  10. #68710
    The Insane Masark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    17,461
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    (serious) a bit late, but why did a hardcore republican like Arnold Schwarzenegger publicly denounce and dehumanize Trump a week ago?
    Awareness of his family history is a possibility.

    Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

  11. #68711
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,571
    Selfies, social media posts making it easier for FBI to track down Capitol riot suspects

    Yeah, you already know the idea, but it lists specifically how some people documented their trip to the House/Senate and as a result got arrested. That, and posting selfies of themselves committing insurrection (to be fair not the murder so much)

  12. #68712
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    22,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Selfies, social media posts making it easier for FBI to track down Capitol riot suspects

    Yeah, you already know the idea, but it lists specifically how some people documented their trip to the House/Senate and as a result got arrested. That, and posting selfies of themselves committing insurrection (to be fair not the murder so much)
    Seems like it'd be a pretty slam-dunk conviction, too.

    "is this a photo of you in the capitol building on January 6th? "
    "Well, yes, but you see I really wanted Trump to win..."
    "aaaaaaaand-a guilty as charged. NEXT!"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  13. #68713
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    "NEXT!"
    The QAnon Shaman will be held without bail.

    "The charges he faces are serious," prosecutors claimed in court. "Two counts of interfering with law enforcement, aka 'attacking the police', one count of threatening to assassinate a federal elected official, and one count of wearing leather as a mail class."

  14. #68714
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Who gets the COVID-19 vaccination first? Only 12 states follow CDC guidelines on the order or priority--This is part of the reason there are shortages of the vaccine all over. While poor federal planning is to blame for a large part of this, state-level administrations are also fucking it up (both GOP AND Dem).
    Nearly every state is still in phase 1a, where they're almost all following the recommendations with some minor tweaks in some states. It's only for the next phases that states have said they'll be allowing different groups from the recommendation, but they haven't started that phase yet. So any shortages right now really aren't on the states. The states made those changes assuming they were getting a big increases in doses delivered and only this week found out they were lied to and may have to adjust their plans again (the KFF paper was dated the 11th).

  15. #68715
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    (serious) a bit late, but why did a hardcore republican like Arnold Schwarzenegger publicly denounce and dehumanize Trump a week ago?
    Because Trump is shit.

  16. #68716
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    While poor federal planning is to blame for a large part of this, state-level administrations are also fucking it up
    I would love to say "well the states took Trump at his word when they said there'd be more vaccines".

    But...yeah. Even if that was the case for the other 38 states, simply put, it's four years in and they should have known better than to take Trump at his word. He lies all the time about everything and routinely promised what he could not provide. It's like the old saying, fool me once...I just did that joke, nevermind.

  17. #68717
    Elemental Lord Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    8,578
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    (serious) a bit late, but why did a hardcore republican like Arnold Schwarzenegger publicly denounce and dehumanize Trump a week ago?
    Schwarzenegger isn't a "hardcore" Republican, he's a moderate. He's from the same old school class of Republicans as Romney, McCain, Bush, etc. (probably even a bit left of them) and the others who hate how Trumpism is warping the GOP.

    He's always been opposed to nazism, white nationalism, etc.

    This also isn't the first time he's spoken out against Trump. Same for the others I mentioned.

  18. #68718
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The QAnon Shaman will be held without bail.

    "The charges he faces are serious," prosecutors claimed in court. "Two counts of interfering with law enforcement, aka 'attacking the police', one count of threatening to assassinate a federal elected official, and one count of wearing leather as a mail class."
    Also, using a polearm, when you do not have polearm skill
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker



  19. #68719
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    (serious) a bit late, but why did a hardcore republican like Arnold Schwarzenegger publicly denounce and dehumanize Trump a week ago?
    Well, why wouldn't someone denounce a Nazi like Trump?

  20. #68720
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    (serious) a bit late, but why did a hardcore republican like Arnold Schwarzenegger publicly denounce and dehumanize Trump a week ago?
    They're just rinos lashing out after losing their party to real conservatives.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •