Trump is going to Pardon over 100 people, he most likely will pardon the domestic terrorists at capitol hill.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/17/p...ted/index.html
    Last edited by szechuan; 2021-01-18 at 06:07 AM.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

"Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

Less than 60 hours to go before this shitshow is over. gonna be a LONG 2 1/2 days. Not expecting much at this point but pardons for the highest bidders. Then we get the encore impeachment trial.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Trump is going to Pardon over 100 people, he most likely will pardon the domestic terrorists at capitol hill.

there is no way he can, well i mean he can....but will do that for the terrorist at capital hill.
    Thought its weird you added that since the article didn't say that

he can't be this stupid.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    he can't be this stupid.
    one of Trump's Evil Assholes he's going to pardon

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...NYIjwq11Kd4sK/
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

"Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    he can't be this stupid.
    I want you to think back over the last four years at every single time you said, wrote, or thought that statement.

What's your batting average?

Trump believes he won't face any consequences for all the damage he did to his country, his party, and the general concept of democracy. The Senate won't vote to impeach before Jan 20th and might not even convict. So, he might be right. There is also no criminal statute that I can think of -- @cubby help? -- that would let Trump be prosecuted for issuing pardons to his co-conspirators.

It's honestly not even all that stupid. I mean, look at the last four years. What's the GOP going to do? If they were going to take steps against his swamp-dwelling deplorable actions they had four years of chances. Remember when he blackmailed a country for dirt on a political rival, got caught, and they didn't care? Remember when he used said dirt and he was applauded for it?

The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    one of Trump's Evil Assholes he's going to pardon

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...NYIjwq11Kd4sK/
    Part of me wonders if this will actually wind up effectively putting a spotlight on nefarious individuals for investigative bodies to look even more closely at.

If these people are guilty of these massive, conspiratorial crimes, I bet they go deeper than just whatever monosyllabic thing Trump is going to pardon them for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I want you to think back over the last four years at every single time you said, wrote, or thought that statement.

What's your batting average?

Trump believes he won't face any consequences for all the damage he did to his country, his party, and the general concept of democracy. The Senate won't vote to impeach before Jan 20th and might not even convict. So, he might be right. There is also no criminal statute that I can think of -- @cubby help? -- that would let Trump be prosecuted for issuing pardons to his co-conspirators.

It's honestly not even all that stupid. I mean, look at the last four years. What's the GOP going to do? If they were going to take steps against his swamp-dwelling deplorable actions they had four years of chances. Remember when he blackmailed a country for dirt on a political rival, got caught, and they didn't care? Remember when he used said dirt and he was applauded for it?
    Much like Al Capone, it might very well turn out that Trump isn't convicted of his rank corruption, nepotism and cronyism, and instead is put away because of his tax and financial fraud, which of course he can't pardon himself or be pardoned from.

Frankly, anything to throw him behind bars for the rest of his life and dissolve any hope of a media empire he might have while plunging him into debt above his bad toupee is good enough for me.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Again, at this point why not? The GOP has demonstrated they don't care about morals, ethics, or justice. They backed a racist wannabe dictator for four years. There's no off-ramp left.

And he'll be cheered while doing it.

Other than them, we need new bingo cards. It'll be interesting the fallout when Biden's DoJ handles this. I mean, they can't be arrested for anything Trump pardons them for, but they also can't take the 5th, and can't lie on the stand. If done correctly, Trump could create a legion of unwilling witnesses who have no choice but to turn on him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Much like Al Capone, it might very well turn out that Trump isn't convicted of his rank corruption, nepotism and cronyism, and instead is put away because of his tax and financial fraud, which of course he can't pardon himself or be pardoned from.
    Yeah, hopefully my home NYState comes through and, well, takes all his illegal money, leaving him with insufficient funds to pay his very legal loans. Not sure if DC's charges about inciting a riot take precedence.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Again, at this point why not? The GOP has demonstrated they don't care about morals, ethics, or justice. They backed a racist wannabe dictator for four years. There's no off-ramp left.

And he'll be cheered while doing it.
    I would argue that forgot about being cheered they get rewarded even.
    Today the US will pas 400k Corona deaths
    Between Clinton, Obama and Biden the outgoing Republican administration leaves behind such a mess that the new Democratic president spends 8 years to clean up the mess created by the Republican.

All of this the around 45% of the US population will still vote Republican which is just enough to make sure that Congress will always be in play for Republicans and each time they get rewarded for incompetence.

Not that other countries are so much better. The Dutch right-wing government has been screwing people over since the 2000 (before it was a centrist left government) and yet I fully expect that the current biggest party will still stay the biggest party next election regardless how many lives they have destroyed.

bill mahers latest segment reminded me so much of why bernie lost the primary, were with him on policy but his whole class reductionism thing just isnt where were at.

"violent uprising featuring qanon cultists, confederates, and neo nazis?" clearly if we just regulated the bank industry more and gave everyone government checks they would be decent loving people...

hillary got so much heat for saying to bernies face "breaking up the big banks wont end systemic racism" and the bernie bros basically went full trumpist anti sjw shtick after that but she was god damned right, in fact if it werent for corporate influence being against trump, we would be in an autocracy by now, because apparently thats what the "working class man" wants, so im in favor of based woke capitalism

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    bill mahers latest segment reminded me so much of why bernie lost the primary, were with him on policy but his whole class reductionism thing just isnt where were at.

"violent uprising featuring qanon cultists, confederates, and neo nazis?" clearly if we just regulated the bank industry more and gave everyone government checks they would be decent loving people...

hillary got so much heat for saying to bernies face "breaking up the big banks wont end systemic racism" and the bernie bros basically went full trumpist anti sjw shtick after that but she was god damned right, in fact if it werent for corporate influence being against trump, we would be in an autocracy by now, because apparently thats what the "working class man" wants, so im in favor of based woke capitalism
    You are about as wrong as the people you argue against. No Hillary was infact fucking wrong. Also way to play your opponents hand by doing the " Can only solve one issue at a time" jingle. Electing Hillary and claping your hand "racism over" doesent actually end systematic racism. You need to strike at institutions that kept the black communities in its state of perpetual poverty, guess what one of those is BIG BANK. You arent gona solve shit by just yelling "racism is over".

Policy is what will end systemic racism. Based woke capitalism is not a thing, amazon and google care about MONEY. When idiots think they won some moral victory about that shit youtube still host all the same insane shows with coolaid drinking audiences that made the people that attacked the capitol. Because they are millions of views and they keep it to be only viewed by those people so you dont have them in your feed. You have Joe Rogan being transphobe in front of millions, because its good money. And you think you can rely on companies to end systemic racism lol.

Removing the banking inequity, hell making healthcare more accessible will do more against systemic racism then private companies ever will. Are you gona play me the same tune your republicans do, BUT THE LAWS WE MADE NOW SAYS YOU CANT BE RACIST, SO WE ENDED SYSTEMIC RACISM??? Strike at banking loans, Strike at school loans, Strike at healthcare accessibility, Strike at school funding's taxes, Strike at class inequity, thats how you solve systemic racism. Policies do it. If you "Arent there yet" then you wont solve it period. No amount of cloud in the sky hand clapping racism over a politician can sell you will do that if they wont make policies to DO IT.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2021-01-18 at 12:20 PM.

Election misinformation dropped 73 percent following Trump's suspension from Twitter: research

The research firm reported that discourse around election fraud dropped from 2.5 million mentions across social media platforms to close to 688,000, following the president's permanent suspension from Twitter, according to The Washington Post.
    Hey look it as if banning Trump was actually helpful and there is a causality showing Trump drove voter misinformation. I'm shocked, I bet you are too.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2021-01-18 at 12:41 PM.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Election misinformation dropped 73 percent following Trump's suspension from Twitter: research

Hey look it as if banning Trump was actually helpful and there is a causality showing Trump drove voter misinformation. I'm shocked, I bet you are too.
    At least one victory for Trump, he destroyed the fake news!

Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    At least one victory for Trump, he destroyed the fake news!
    Kinda easy to do when you are the purveyor of said fake news. I say there should be a disclaimer that has to be there whenever he is speaks that says "may say fake news most of the time."

Considering he's been collecting money from those asking for pardons, the silver lining is that there's a high chance the pardons can be judged as corrupt and dismissed.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar

I love how people just make up their own fantasies about "bernie bros" just to blame someone for something.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Considering he's been collecting money from those asking for pardons, the silver lining is that there's a high chance the pardons can be judged as corrupt and dismissed.
    Yeah, from what I saw yesterday, that’s 200 million dollars... a fifth to being a billionaire...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I love how people just make up their own fantasies about "bernie bros" just to blame someone for something.
    watch the bill maher segment im referring to https://twitter.com/billmaher/status...18517258645505
    literally wants us to think the qanon cultist that got shot for threatening the continuity of government was just a down on their luck working person and its woke californias fault because she was raddled with debt. whatever happened to the party of personal responsibility?
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2021-01-18 at 01:41 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    watch the bill maher segment im referring to https://twitter.com/billmaher/status...18517258645505
    literally wants us to think the qanon cultist that got shot for threatening the continuity of government was just a down on their luck working person and its woke californias fault because she was raddled with debt. whatever happened to the party of personal responsibility?

What does that have to do with berni bros?
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

You're comparing apples and hammers.

You also seem to think Maher is the official spokesperson for Bernie supporters.

watch the bill maher
    Danger Will Robinson!!!!

I would not recommend watching his shit, unless you think it’s funny. His Religiosity movie, is one of the most oft quoted media, in science denial and religious conspiracy theories. He fudges the truth so much to make his point, conspiracy theorist use him as an example of their theories.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi