10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    "Water bottles might be seen as bribes!" - Party that thinks armed Pole Watchers aren't intimidation.
    No, I think they very much know that armed poll watchers are intimidation. Just like how they know that water bottles aren't bribes.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    You can't give people water because that would be campaigning near the polling station.
    Then no new law need be passed. Enforce the existing one. Problem solved. Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I’m just pissed Australians get a voting sausage... while that would be illegal in some parts of US.
    There would be riots if they tried to take away our democracy sausage.

10+ Year Old Account
    An upcoming new book about the Trump family says they were inappropriately, even dangerously, close to the Secret Service.

"Ah, they were faiing to socially distance? Like that car ride around the hospital? That is shameful."

Um...the book actually claimed Vanessa Trump, the woman who divorced Donnie Dum-Dum Jr, was...

"Within six feet?"

Within six inches. The book claims she was fucking one of her protective agents.

"Oh, jeez. Well, that's a possible reason for a divorce, I guess, and to be expected from someone who joins the Trump family by choice. It'd be a different story with Tiffany."

Um...

"...no."

Yeah, book says she dumped her boyfriend for her protective agent.

"Doesn't SS policy specifically say not do to that?"

In black and white, yes. But, look who was running the show. You think Trump was going to enforce a "no hitting on the customers" policy?

"Well, that's quite a story. I mean, you said 'Trump' so my first guess was some kind of 'No Fat Chicks' policy."

Um...

"You have got to be kidding."

The exact quote was "I want these fat guys off my detail. How are they going to protect me and my family if they can’t run down the street?"

"Wait, the SS has active-duty obese agents?"

I don't believe so, and the author's not too sure either. The author thinks Trump was confusing SS secretarial staff with bodyguard-style agents. Which is a lot more likely to me than "SS hires fat bodyguards."

"Wait, didn't Trump say he would run into a school shooting? And by 'didn't he' I mean 'here is the link'."

Yes. Yes he did.

"Is there any reason to believe any of these claims?"

You mean, besides the entire family is made out of Neutral Evil examples? Vanessa and Tiffany have known break-ups about that time. And Trump is...Trump. Honestly, it could be 100% fiction and everyone here already believes it's more likly true than not, based purely on the history and personalities of those involved.

Besides, it's a veteran WaPo journalist with solid history of credibility, not a TMZ clickbait article.

"Do you think we could get the thread to crowdsource some kind of Top Ten SS Fucks Trump's Daughters joke list?"

Oh, I can only hope.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And which Cheney on her way out, the GOtrumP is just going to get worse.
    Cheney has shown no desire to be on her way out.

As the party of Reagan, Republicans have championed democracy, won the Cold War, and defeated the Soviet communists. Today, America is on the cusp of another Cold War, this time with Communist China. Attacks against our democratic process and the rule of law empower our adversaries and feed Communist propaganda that American democracy is a failure. We must speak the truth, our election was not stolen, and America has not failed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Insanity wins!!! Insanity wins!!!

Liz Cheney has been ousted from her position in GOP, because she won’t bow down to Trump.

It’s actually not all bad for leftist or liberals. Her replacement is a coastal elite conservative from NY, who opposed the Trump tax cut.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Liz Cheney has been ousted from her position in GOP, because she won’t bow down to Trump.
    Let's add to this.

There wasn't a formal vote. It was done by voice tally. This was a firinrg squad -- every single individual can claim "Hey, I didn't vote for this" and there's no permanent record to say who's telling the truth and who's lying.

Cowards. All of them. Cowards.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2021-05-12 at 04:07 PM.

It’s actually not all bad for leftist or liberals. Her replacement is a coastal elite conservative from NY, who opposed the Trump tax cut.
    I think keeping people outraged is a key part of their strategy, and they're having a hard time finding things to be outraged about with Biden just kind of quietly going about his business. This is the best they could come up with at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    I think keeping people outraged is a key part of their strategy, and they're having a hard time finding things to be outraged about with Biden just kind of quietly going about his business. This is the best they could come up with at the moment.
    Every single scrap of evidence suggests this is about Trump, and more specifically, about Trump claiming he won the election.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    So head scratching the the GOP is embracing Gaetz (who is likely going to prison for pedophilia) and MTG as their new leadership. Especially when the GOP pushed the Q movement that although complete fantasy, was supposedly so focused around stopping pedophilia. Among the many totally false and insane things she's claimed, just her claim last year that wildfires in the US were being caused by Israeli satellites. That's the leadership the GOP is pushing. That wildfires, which anyone with even a modest knowledge of forestry knows, occur naturally and have as long as there have been forests. Undergrowth burns, it's why jump crews try to clear undergrowth to reduce fires. Also, the GOP and Trump pushed Israel as our greatest ally of all time, which is ironic that they push someone in MTG making irrational AND anti-Semitic claims that can be debunked in 30 seconds as more false than flat-Earth by an elementary student.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    So head scratching the the GOP is embracing Gaetz (who is likely going to prison for pedophilia) and MTG as their new leadership
    You expect sane, law-abiding people to run the Party of Trump? This is exactly where this party is going and you know it.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

And former GOP members are actively forming a new conservative party. Should be interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    [url=https://thehill.com/homenews/house/553046-gop-votes-to-dump-cheney-from-leadership]Let's add to this[/ulr].

There wasn't a formal vote. It was done by voice tally. This was a firinrg squad -- every single individual can claim "Hey, I didn't vote for this" and there's no permanent record to say who's telling the truth and who's lying.

Cowards. All of them. Cowards.
    And by the same people who only a few months ago overwhelmingly voted to keep Cheney in her leadership role.

GOP - grifters of politics, and moral cowards.

10+ Year Old Account
    You expect sane, law-abiding people to run the Party of Trump? This is exactly where this party is going and you know it.
    The strong and righteous Trump, is a meme... GOP isn’t even the party of Trump the individual... but, the knight in shining armor meme of Trump.

Edit: How long into mocking liberals, with memes of god emperor Trump, did they start to forget that it was supposed to be a joke?

Edit 2: This image represents the modern GOP... when boomer memes collide with zoomed memes...

Last edited by Felya; 2021-05-12 at 03:59 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Tuesday's report:

34,904 new cases, about 8k fewer than last Tuesday.

Top 5:

Fuck Florida.
    Texas: 2,973 new cases; 55 deaths
    Michigan: 2,668 new cases; 102 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 2,217 new cases; 52 deaths
    New York: 1,787 new cases; 55 deaths

Florida remains atop the list starting off another week. Bear in mind that that's with doctored numbers. Fuck Florida. Nationally the numbers keep falling at a decent rate. The further they fall now the better as we continue battling with new variants/mutations. Michigan is the only remaining state listed as being a "Very High" risk with more and more other states dropping from "High" to the "Medium" risk category. South Dakota is once again one of the worst in terms of positivity.

743 deaths is over 100 fewer than last Tuesday and brings the total to 596,946. Michigan's 100+ total can once again be chalked up to their strange reporting system. Their 7-day average is about 65. Florida had 64. This total should continue dropping over time. Except maybe in Florida.

Related news:

CDC: 35% of Americans Fully Vaccinated Against Coronavirus--Biden set a goal of having 70% of adults having at least one shot by July 4th and right now that number stands at 58%, so we're well on the way there. We've certainly come a long way since "one guy flying in from China". No thanks to Trump and his dipshit sycophants.

Americans as young as 12 begin to get vaccinated against Covid-19 after FDA's authorization--This is jumping the gun a bit given that the CDC hadn't signed off on it yet, but given that it's almost a certainty that they will it's nice to see younger groups (and their parents) taking it seriously.

Stay safe, folks.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Saw this title in a CNN post, and immediately KNEW it was a female candidate:
    Inhofe tells EPA nominee, 'if you don't behave, I'm going to talk to your daddy'
    Fucking GOP racist sexist asshats.

Every single scrap of evidence suggests this is about Trump, and more specifically, about Trump claiming he won the election.
    In a missive sent to the Republicans in Congress before the vote, Kevin McCarthy wrote, "Each day spent relitigating the past is one day less we have to seize the future." He then proceeded to hold a vote to strip a woman of her leadership positions because she refused to relitigate the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    "Each day spent relitigating the past is one day less we have to seize the future."
    ...he knows he's a conservative, right?

...he knows he's a conservative, right?
    Should praise his honesty for admitting they are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    So that "disingenuous" court finding a few days ago?

It led to McGahn testifying to House Democrats. Remember, he was the star witness. Simply put, Trump/Barr did nothing but stall by Trump saying "Executive Time" and Barr saying "that's privilege, and I just choose to accept that". Biden's DoJ has no reason to continue this.

Oh, and remember that whole thing about Trump's DoJ saying "We can't move against Trump because he has total immunity"? Trump doesn't have that anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Things do not look good for Rudi Giuliani. He can't find a lawyer to save his life -- nearly literally, since dying in prison is an option here.

First of all, he's broke. We've all see the stories that he's begged the Trump campaign for money, and therefore, we've all seen the stories that so far he's been denied. I'm guessing there are a lot of lawyers who are taking a pass on the case purely on the motivation of "we won't get paid". I can't think of a more fitting punishment for a member of Team Trump -- the stigma of not paying leaving them high and dry.

But.

There's also the merits of the case. Giuliani's position is so poor, that even lawyers who have talked to him, have then refused to take on the case, due to a mix of "we're going to lose on the merits" and "this g uy directly attacked democracy and he did it on purpose".

Which means he's stuck with the dregs. How bad? Giuliani hires Arthur Aidala and Barry Kamins.

Who are they? They defended Harvey Weinstein.

"Wait, I thought Weinstein went to jail."

He did. The current appeal is based on "the jury wasn't impartial". Which is a way of saying "they knew he was guilty due to evidence".

Giuliani, do to consequences of his own actions and the actions of those people he chose to stand with, is now stuck with two lawyers whose claim to fame is "also tried to defend creepy monster in baggy skin, and failed".

Now, while Aidala and Kamins willingly took Weinstein's case so I'm just going to say they're horrible people, I have no reason to believe they're horrible lawyers. An Olympic-quality fencer is probably one of the best swordsmen of the 21st century, but if you put them against a bulldozer, they're going to lose. And let's face it, no lawyer specializes in treason, so I don't even know if this is, to continue the metaphor, an Olympic fencer who even knows where the weak spots of a bulldozer are.

Maybe they'll try to win the case in the court of public opinion, but that only amounts to saber rattling against such heavy federal charges. Guiliani clearly has hell epeé, and will soon be foiled again, if you...um...

"Something about defending a rapier?"

No, I wanted to use "douché" but couldn't find a good point, or counter-point, to use it.

Wednesday's report:

35,816 new cases, around 10k fewer than last Wednesday.

Top 5:

Fuck Florida.
    Michigan: 2,765 new cases; 15 deaths
    Texas: 2,466 new cases; 70 deaths
    New York: 1,989 new cases; 54 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 1,882 new cases; 64 deaths

Things continue to look better on the national level, for the most part. Even Texas' cases seem to be slowly declining after about a month of plateauing, though given their testing never improved after the winter storm there's still no telling how inaccurate their numbers are. Most other states continue to see a steady decline, though Michigan remains at very high risk. As the vaccination effort continues we could see cases dropping into the 20k's within a week or so.

841 deaths is over 50 more than last Wednesday and brings the total to 597,785. This is partially off the back of California's 100+ total for the day that appears to be a correction. Their average is in the 50's. The trend is still overall down.

Related news:

Fears of contracting COVID-19 at lowest level in past year--To me this isn't a positive. States like Maryland and Ohio are relaxing (or talking about relaxing) various restrictions already and that's still too early for my liking. Until we get close to that 70% initial goal I think it's foolhardy to open things back up.

Many Americans don't trust their public health system during COVID-19 pandemic, survey shows--Man, if only someone had some sort of plan to improve Medical Care for all and one political party wasn't against taking care of people.

Stay safe, folks.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Florida looking into extradition procedures for Trump if/when he's indicted by NYC DA.

Trump is in New Jersey right now, supposedly for the summer. Extradition from NJ would be straightforward, as the only hindrances are political issues - and the NJ governor is a Democratic (see also sane). De Santis, the FL governor (see also Fuck Florida), apparently has the ability to step in and "review" extradition requests.

The circus is back in town!