Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.reuters.com/world/us/53-...os-2021-05-24/

Republicans are the party of fanfiction reality, and their dangerously irresponsible rhetoric is doing more to undermine Americans faith in the integrity of our elections than any outside terrorist group could ever dream of.
    Yep, been watching Tiktok's lately, and there are a lot of dumbasses that still think he is president, but when you ask them, is he responsible for the gas prices they are fake outrage bitching about, then they say nope, that is Biden. Then they tell me that he will be back by July 4th, some even saying August, and some even saying September, but a lot of them are saying 2021, not knowing that none of the audits will change the election, or that there is no election this year that Trump can even win.

I have even seen a lot of people pushing JFK Jr, as Trump's VP, DeSantis, and even Candace Hitler Defender Owens as running mates for Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I have even seen a lot of people pushing JFK Jr, as Trump's VP
    Seems unnecessary to cater to the "dead people" vote, since dead people are voting Trump already.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Seems unnecessary to cater to the "dead people" vote, since dead people are voting Trump already.
    I thought that was the Republican excuse for who voted for Biden? Because they simply don't see the ardent support for Biden that they do so much for Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    That law will be DOA at any court. Neato that De Santis is leading the charge on pro-fascism.

De Santis is going to run for President with Trump's blessing. Like Himmler going for the Chancellor after Hitler "retires".
    my personal wish would be if they just say "we wont go to court, we're just gonna pull out of Flordia, if you're a resident there, your account is closed"
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    It's going to be interesting in 2024 when Trump runs against all these foot soldiers, it seems like a lose lose since they can't worship and criticize him at the same time. I think most are betting that he won't make it to 2024 due to legal reason, I am betting the opposite the shield of the presidency is the best way to avoid any consequence. That's not to mention the millions of dollars he can steal from donations by running.
    I should have added a caveat that De Santis will run in 2024 only if Trump doesn't. Even Nikki bowed down to kiss the [ring] when push came to shove. Trump already started his 2024 campaign, and he's already looking for donations to get his broken jet back up and running. He sure plays the part of an evangelical cult leader well, doesn't he?

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...-confrontation

Losing 7 committee seats in the Maine House of Representatives to...own the libs? The Republican party is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Losing 7 committee seats in the Maine House of Representatives to...own the libs? The Republican party is retarded.
    "They should have just complied with the authorities. Then they wouldn't been shot ejected from their positions."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    No see it's not 'big' government. It's state government, which is smaller!

- - - Updated - - -

But speaking of 'Smaller-Than-Big-Government' Republicans signing bills into law that regulates big business:

DeSantis finally got around to signing that Bill that would prevent Social Media platforms from enforcing their rules-... I mean, would prevent them from Unfairly Censoring Patriotic Conservatives and would allow Florida residents to challenge bans from their platform. With one such citizen happening to be a high profile conservative who got banned from Twitter for inciting a poorly executed insurrection.

(Edited for better link and extra snark)
    Soooo... What happens if Twitter says "fuck off our head office is in California, your rule doesn't apply"?

Florida cuts off Twitter from every ISP in the state?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Soooo... What happens if Twitter says "fuck off our head office is in California, your rule doesn't apply"?

Florida cuts off Twitter from every ISP in the state?
    I sure as heck hope not, don't have the money to move out of this shithole sadly

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooo... What happens if Twitter says
    Nothing. The Florida law is likely unenforceable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    It's going to be interesting in 2024 when Trump runs against all these foot soldiers, it seems like a lose lose since they can't worship and criticize him at the same time. I think most are betting that he won't make it to 2024 due to legal reason, I am betting the opposite the shield of the presidency is the best way to avoid any consequence. That's not to mention the millions of dollars he can steal from donations by running.
    I would be more enthused about the republicans party effectively devouring itself from the inside out if I knew that they, as a whole, weren’t morally despicable enough to swallow whatever vestige of decency they pretend to have left and vote for whatever scum floats to the surface of their cesspit of a party.

The democrats need to get those election reforms pushed through before 2022.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Monday's quick report:

19,866 new cases; 325 deaths, bringing the total to 604,416.

Related news:

Parental consent needed to get COVID-19 shot? Here's how some teens are approaching their anti-vaccine families.--Man I feel terrible for kids trapped under the thumb of their anti-vaxx parents. Glad to see at least some of the next generation are smarter than the assholes raising them, though.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Man I feel terrible for kids trapped under the thumb of their anti-vaxx parents.
    Which brings up the issue about schools and mandates. When NYC...what the fuck is this orange bullshit? Is it Halloween? Is it some BC announcement, that can't be it, BC's color was fel green. I'm here for years and all of a sudden today's the day MMO-C decided it went from Uncommon to Legendary? @Orange Joe did you do this? The fuck?

Whatever. It's Tuesday morning, we got a few extra minutes, this is a pretty good summary of Trump's legal issues.

First, in New York state, where he is facing not one, but two separate criminal investigations into his financial dealings prior to becoming president. The first, by New York District Attorney Cyrus Vance, Jr., underway since 2018 and reportedly focused on potential bank fraud, tax fraud, and hush money payments to Stormy Daniels, became much more serious for Trump after the Supreme Court granted Vance access to eight years of Trump’s tax returns.

More bad news for Trump came last week, when New York State Attorney General Letitia James announced that she was upgrading her office’s own investigation of Trump from a civil to a criminal investigation — which, legal experts agree, she did only because her initial investigation uncovered evidence of Trump’s direct knowledge of and willingness to commit an illegal act.

As if that’s not bad enough, Trump’s also under yet another criminal investigation by two different grand juries in Fulton County, Ga., for allegedly placing undue pressure on state election officials to change the official outcome of the vote on Nov. 3, 2020 — including his desperate plea in a phone call to Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger: “I just want to find 11,780 votes.”
    "Okay but at least it stops there."

But it doesn’t stop there. Also working its way through the legal system — and still alive, though Trump’s lawyers have done everything they can to derail it — is a lawsuit by journalist E. Jean Carroll, accusing Trump of sexually assaulting her in the fall of 1995 in a Bergdorf Goodman dressing room.
    "Yeah, but that case's going nowhere. I mean, what do they have, a Clinton-style dress with--"

That case is now on hold, pending a DNA sample from Trump to compare against unidentified male DNA on the black dress Carroll was wearing at the time.
    Since this is a summary piece, I'll also point out MSNBC had a segment featuring Michael Cohen, Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, and Jennifer Weisselberg. There's not much new information, but the three of them basically getting together to taunt "neener neener neener" all on camera at the same time, clearly having a ball.

It could be argued that Trump's biggest mistake was living long enough to leave office.

I do wonder, in an alternate timeline where Ball Fondlers got canceled causing Trump to never run for office, if he'd be in such trouble. He put the world's largest spotlight on himself, and no longer has any form of immunity, willing witnesses are everywhere, unwilling witnesses might not have a choice, the DoJ has lost interest in protecting him, and he's about to be broke. After a few seconds, spotlights get hot. It's a matter of time before Trump is forced to flee into a dark cave, or burst into bright orange flames. Like this new fucking MMO-C backdrop and I hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    ...what the fuck is this orange bullshit? Is it Halloween? Is it some BC announcement, that can't be it, BC's color was fel green. I'm here for years and all of a sudden today's the day MMO-C decided it went from Uncommon to Legendary? @Orange Joe did you do this? The fuck? . Like this new fucking MMO-C backdrop and I hate it.
    Umm...theme chageroo

what the fuck is this orange bullshit? Is it Halloween? Is it some BC announcement, that can't be it, BC's color was fel green. I'm here for years and all of a sudden today's the day MMO-C decided it went from Uncommon to Legendary? @Orange Joe did you do this? The fuck?
    Default theme got changed to "Overwatch" randomly. Go into your settings and change it to "3.0" or whatever the hell it's called and it'll be back to normal. Noticed it yesterday and thought I was starting to suffer problems with my vision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did 6 pages get yeeted out of existence?

Looks like. I wonder which of our resident bridge-dwellers rolled in to spew garbage this time?

Its a common issue on MMO-C in threads that get posts deleted from time to time. The deleted posts add up to phantom pages.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I do wonder, in an alternate timeline where Ball Fondlers got canceled causing Trump to never run for office, if he'd be in such trouble.
    Almost certainly not. Before running for president, as you put it, "put the world's largest spotlight on him," most people were largely content to ignore Trump and his lawyers were able to deflect most inquiries. Had he not run for president, that state of affairs probably would have continued until he died and his kids quietly divided the empire amongst each other and destroyed the evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Default theme got changed to "Overwatch" randomly. Go into your settings and change it to "3.0" or whatever the hell it's called and it'll be back to normal. Noticed it yesterday and thought I was starting to suffer problems with my vision.
    Thanks to both of you, but we're back to green now.

Oh, um, on topic: McConnell condemns Greene:

Look I know I'm a Republican, but even this is beyond--
    "Har har. What did he really say?"

Marjorie is wrong, and her intentional decision to compare the horrors of the Holocaust with wearing masks is appalling. The Holocaust is the greatest atrocity committed in history. The fact that this needs to be stated today is deeply troubling
    -- House Minority Leader McCarthy

"You said McConnell."

Yeah, apparently that was an interview on CNN or something and I can't find a transcript. But I do have some snippets.

outrageous

reprehensible

loony lies and conspiracy theories

cancer for the Republican Party and our country
    "So naturally, the GOP is voting to throw her out the same way they did with Cheney?"

No such motion exists. Apparentlly calling mask-wearing the same as genocide is okay, but saying the results of the election are fair is too much.