Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...e-button-oval/

After 4 fucking years HOW AM I STILL SURPRISED BY THIS ASSHOLE!?!?!?!
    Imagine if diet coke button was the scandal of Trump admin, like Obamas tan suit or coffee cup salute. Christ how different would the world be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming

A diet coke button would be the one positive out of the whole Trump administration, I want a diet coke button. I will have to run for president so I can have it re-installed.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Wait, what?

BWAHAHAHAHAhaha....

Hold on, I've got to check his reaction on Twitter...

...oh, wait.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    This will never not be funny

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Imagine if diet coke button was the scandal of Trump admin, like Obamas tan suit or coffee cup salute. Christ how different would the world be.
    I'm picturing Biden showing up his first day and pressing the button and the blank stare on his face when a butler shows up out of nowhere 2 seconds later like "Your Diet Coke, sir"
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    never dick crazy.
    unless they have tentacles and more then 2 eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I'm picturing Biden showing up his first day and pressing the button and the blank stare on his face when a butler shows up out of nowhere 2 seconds later like "Your Diet Coke, sir"
    This is the man they had fighting elites... lol
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

Let's hear once again from Dr. Fauci:

You know I don’t want that...to be a sound bite, but I think if you just look at that, you can see that when you’re starting to go down paths that are not based on any science at all, that is not helpful at all, and particularly when you’re in a situation of almost being in a crisis with the number of cases and hospitalizations and deaths that we have.

When you start talking about things that make no sense medically and no sense scientifically, that clearly is not helpful.
    Just in case anyone still doubts Trump is personally responsible for hundreds of thousands of dead Americans.

McConnel is changing his tune on impeachment. It looks like he tried but couldn't get the votes to convict. Get ready for a "rushed" and "unconstitutional" trial, and then acquittal.

I wouldn't worry too much about future Trump or Trumpism though. He'll still terrorize the GOP in red districts, but that's about it. The real threat now are people like Nikki Haley, who are just as willing to sell their soul for a slice of the populist pie but are much smarter and more capable than Trump (and other Hawley type of opportunists for that matter).

Quote Originally Posted by Hadriker View Post
    This will never not be funny
    It's funny because it's true. Literally my first thought was to check his twitter feed to see what kind of temper tantrum he was throwing. I'm both saddened and delighted to no longer have a front-row seat to his childish antics.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It looks like he tried but couldn't get the votes to convict.
    I do wonder how hard he tried.

Well, I guess he can vote his conscience. And put it on his record that he supports a murderous insurrection.

I think the worst has come to pass when it comes to scapegoating the pandemic away from the Chinese Communist Party to Trump as China (and Iran by extension) join on social media platforms to shift attention to him in the wake of the fallout.

And it's clearly working since people can only really think and talk about Trump's failures now.

You are not getting a war with China, be quiet, ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I think the worst has come to pass when it comes to scapegoating the pandemic away from the Chinese Communist Party to Trump as China (and Iran by extension) join on social media platforms to shift attention to him in the wake of the fallout.

And it's clearly working since people can only really think and talk about Trump's failures now.
    Trumps handeling of covid has been so bad I wouldn't be surprised if its called the Trump virus years from now.

The Chinese Communist party weren't the ones lying about it on national television to the American people... for months.

Both trump and China fucked it up. However if chinas numbers are to be believed ( there are legitimate reasons not to) then Trump fucked it up much worse. And once it got here, it was no longer chinas responsibility or in their ability to address.

It’s like you standing next to a fire extinguisher refusing to put out a fire because you didn’t start it.

I thought you loved authoritarians anyway? Why aren’t you moving to China?

Really because it wasn't the Chinese Communist Party in press conferences telling the American people that only a few people will be sick and it will be over in a day. It wasn't the CCP who filled infected people from a cruise ship on a commercial airlines with regular people and brought them to a civilian airport. It wasn't the CCP who told Americans that masks were unnecessary and an attack on your personal freedom. It wasn't the CCP who told people to pile into busy churches, to fill up stadiums with thousands of people for sporting events and concerts, and to refuse to stay home unless completely necessary. It wasn't the CCP who told Americans to fight for their states and to take back control from tyrannical governors because they placed covid lockdowns. Finally it wasn't the CCP who later admitted to a reporter on tape that he knew all of the dangers of and the deaths that will be caused by covid but didn't want to "worry" Americans by telling them so he told them to ignore every safeguard.

So really I don't give a fuck if China fucked up originally with Covid because while China may have ran the first leg of the covid relay Trump took the baton and ran the other legs. He then ran the entire relay all over again to prove his alpha status on Covid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Both trump and China fucked it up. However if chinas numbers are to be believed ( there are legitimate reasons not to) then Trump fucked it up much worse. And once it got here, it was no longer chinas responsibility or in their ability to address.

It’s like you standing next to a fire extinguisher refusing to put out a fire because you didn’t start it.

I thought you loved authoritarians anyway? Why aren’t you moving to China?
    Really it is like two kids are int he dining room and the first kid Tommy lights a match and it burns part of the table. Tommy did a bad thing and caused some damage. Well not to be outdone Billy takes the matches and runs around setting everything on fire. Sure Tommy fucked up and caused some damage but Billy is the one who ran around and consciously caused all the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's called the Trump virus years from now.
    it will likely be. and that's not a good thing. Americans already think more about Trump in regards to the virus than remembering Xi Jinping's name.

it will likely be. and that's not a good thing. Americans already think more about Trump in regards to the virus than remembering Xi Jinping's name.
    That shows you just how incompetent Trump was.

So your takeaway of this whole situation is 'poor Trump'?

You do the country a disservice going on the way you do.
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    I was right

Probably because once the virus inevitably got here, Trump absolutely shat the bed in terms of handling it. Deflecting blame to China and to Xi Jinping's very real failings completely ignores the inconceivably vast scale of failure of leadership that was Trump's response. You do get that, right?

To continue Noxx79's analogy, imagine if your neighbor's house catches fire and rather than call the fire department they try to hide the fact that it's on fire. When it fails and your house catches fire too, you spend an hour insisting that it's only a little scorched; it's no big deal, and there's no reason to call the fire department, you've got it under control and hey, your neighbor also did a great job containing it. And then once your bedroom is engulfed in flames, you start blaming the entire fire on your neighbor - who by now has called the fire department to deal with their own house - while you occasionally splash water on the fire and shout up and down the street that you did the best job anyone possibly could.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2021-01-22 at 06:50 PM.