1. #69461
    The Unstoppable Force Bakis's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    24,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...ts/7548923002/



    Seems like they've grown tired of fudging the numbers and are just going to like, stop reporting them.

    Ron DeSantis is really a pretty shitty death cult bishop.
    Well, someone has to be among the first to stop with daily reports.
    Would just be less ridiculed (and properly so) if it wasn't a so prematurely before any other state or western country that is serious about information both in terms of statistics for the medical communy as well as the public.

    So fucking dumb and obviously political.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

  2. #69462
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    The person isn't telling pence to wear baggy clothes; they're just acknowledging that he is.
    I re-read and re-re-read his post and I still disagree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    Shit man, he was almost murdered for merely doing his constitutional duty. You think he's going to risk the safety of his family for literally the rest of their lives by condemning Trump? For what gain? Democrats already hate him, and Republicans would call him a traitor and hate him too. It wouldn't influence anyone and ruin his life. I think he's a cowardly piece of crap too but I can't entirely blame him for not wearing a hot dog suit and jumping into a tiger cage.
    That sure looks like more than "well I guess that's what he's doing" to me. That looks like "Pence is doing the right thing" to me. And I disagree strongly.

    As a reminder, other Republicans who are no longer in office, just like Pence, have already condemned Trump and his actions. Pence is the one refusing to break with Trump. I disagree with @Nastard that it's either wise, or necessary, or the common move. And again, Trump has already tried to kill him. The response to that is "well I guess he should apologize for surviving and cower". The response is also not "we don't see eye to eye, shrug, question mark emoji". The response to that is "Trump fucking tried to kill me, and I'm not okay with that".

    And if Pence really is traumatized, he wouldn't be out there giving interviews and trashing Biden, such as the very same interview from which I cited. Pence is a willing victim. He's doing that shit on purpose. If he was really traumatized, he shouldn't be on TV defending his attacker, he should be in therapy until his life is back together.

    I handwave the possibility that Pence is so damaged that his only recourse is to side with Trump. Every single scrap of evidence points the other way. No.

  3. #69463
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I re-read and re-re-read his post and I still disagree.



    That sure looks like more than "well I guess that's what he's doing" to me. That looks like "Pence is doing the right thing" to me. And I disagree strongly.

    As a reminder, other Republicans who are no longer in office, just like Pence, have already condemned Trump and his actions. Pence is the one refusing to break with Trump. I disagree with @Nastard that it's either wise, or necessary, or the common move. And again, Trump has already tried to kill him. The response to that is "well I guess he should apologize for surviving and cower". The response is also not "we don't see eye to eye, shrug, question mark emoji". The response to that is "Trump fucking tried to kill me, and I'm not okay with that".

    And if Pence really is traumatized, he wouldn't be out there giving interviews and trashing Biden, such as the very same interview from which I cited. Pence is a willing victim. He's doing that shit on purpose. If he was really traumatized, he shouldn't be on TV defending his attacker, he should be in therapy until his life is back together.

    I handwave the possibility that Pence is so damaged that his only recourse is to side with Trump. Every single scrap of evidence points the other way. No.
    Of note, Pence is a deeply religious evangelical. Born again, meaning he willingly sought it out and wasn't forced into it as a child, not too mention his inhuman view of gays. He just might be that damaged. Or worse think Trump was a divine agent, which makes everything A-OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

  4. #69464
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...ts/7548923002/



    Seems like they've grown tired of fudging the numbers and are just going to like, stop reporting them.

    Ron DeSantis is really a pretty shitty death cult bishop.
    Yep, and the moment they do they'll remain permanently atop the list for me. It's just as well seeing as they've been topping the lists for new cases and deaths for a month now. Fuck DeathSantis and fuck Florida.

  5. #69465
    The Unstoppable Force Bakis's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    24,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Of note, Pence is a deeply religious evangelical. Born again, meaning he willingly sought it out and wasn't forced into it as a child, not too mention his inhuman view of gays. He just might be that damaged. Or worse think Trump was a divine agent, which makes everything A-OK.
    He sought remorse way too late with his Trump - see eye to eye comment on the capital hill assault.
    He is done no matter what, the upside is that it includes that he will probably end up paria among Trumps usual die hard base.
    So he will still be a waste, just a waste not helping Trumps cause.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

  6. #69466
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Or worse think Trump was a divine agent, which makes everything A-OK.
    Well, if that's true, I'll apologize to @Ripster42 and @Nastard because "I worship Trump" is far far far worse.

  7. #69467
    Law Firm Dumps Mike Lindell as Client, Severs Ties with Attorney Less Than One Day After Lawsuit Against Dominion, Smartmatic

    Alec J. Beck, the Minneapolis attorney who on Thursday signed election conspiracy theorist and MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell’s lawsuit against Dominion, Smartmatic, and affiliated voting technology companies, on Friday suddenly and summarily parted ways with his now-former law firm. But his co-counsel in the Lindell case tells Law&Crime that Beck will remain on as an integral part of the Lindell litigation team.

    Beck until Friday worked as a partner for the law firm Barnes & Thornburg LLP, which employs more than 600 attorneys in 20 offices around the country.

    “Late last night, firm management became aware of the filing of the complaint which was done without receiving firm authorization pursuant to internal firm approval procedures,” a Barnes & Thornburg spokesperson told Law&Crime in an email Friday afternoon. “The firm has withdrawn as local counsel in this matter and has ended the client relationship. The attorney representing the client in this matter is no longer with the firm.”


    I guess Mr. Beck won't be making partner at Barnes & Thornburg.

  8. #69468
    In other Trump news, a senior Trump Organization member, Jeff McConney, testifies before the Grand Jury that was convened for Trump.

    https://www.businessinsider.com/top-...-report-2021-6

  9. #69469
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I guess Mr. Beck won't be making partner at Barnes & Thornburg.
    He won't need to, now he's entering the world of conservative legal grifters where he can help crowdfund for the defense of white nationalists and murderers and take his cut while largely acting as a publicity mouthpiece doing little actual legal work.

    Seems to be working wonders for Lyn Wood.

  10. #69470
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    29,064
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    In other Trump news, a senior Trump Organization member, Jeff McConney, testifies before the Grand Jury that was convened for Trump.

    https://www.businessinsider.com/top-...-report-2021-6
    Is this yet another investigation into Trump that will expose more criminality from him and his family and result in zero punishment whatsoever?
    Putin khuliyo

  11. #69471
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Is this yet another investigation into Trump that will expose more criminality from him and his family and result in zero punishment whatsoever?
    I dunno about the no punishment, but the only reason he hasn't gotten any in the last 4 years was because of the DoJ memo that is bullshit.

  12. #69472
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I dunno about the no punishment, but the only reason he hasn't gotten any in the last 4 years was because of the DoJ memo that is bullshit.
    That may be why Mueller declined to directly accuse him of wrongdoing, but the reason there were no punishments at all is because Trump's allies were in charge of all the branches of government with any power at all to hold him accountable for his actions.

  13. #69473
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    That may be why Mueller declined to directly accuse him of wrongdoing, but the reason there were no punishments at all is because Trump's allies were in charge of all the branches of government with any power at all to hold him accountable for his actions.
    Exactly, and since he doesn't have that protection anymore, there is nothing stopping them from putting him in jail now.

  14. #69474
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    That sure looks like more than "well I guess that's what he's doing" to me. That looks like "Pence is doing the right thing" to me. And I disagree strongly.
    Cool, because I disagree with that assessment too. I think Pence can probably count on one hand the times he's done the right thing, and this wasn't one of those times. I think the right thing would be to be as truthful as possible, stand up to Trump, and not compromise even in the face of Armageddon. That would be the right thing for US to do coming from a perspective of reason, logic, and bravery. Pence has none of those things. So my statement was coming from the knowledge of him being a spineless, ineffective, non-influential jellyfish that has nothing to gain and everything to lose. Because he is all of those things (especially the jellyfish part) from HIS perspective speaking out will change not a single mind and only make his own life worse... because to a Trumpster only one thing is worse than not worshipping Trump and that's someone who "betrays" him. He knows how little influence he has, and how hollow his words are, and because he's probably traumatized by nearly getting killed the first time he doesn't want to go out on a limb because maybe there's a noose on the end of it. Your continued statement that he shouldn't fear because he was already nearly killed is an odd one. He probably DOES fear BECAUSE HE WAS NEARLY BEATEN TO DEATH BY AN ANGRY MOB. That tends to affect someone. Especially someone who probably was already terrified by random people because maybe they have the gay and might infect him.

    Yes, speaking out is still the right thing to do, and yes if I was in his position I'd be like "FUCK THAT GUY HE ALMOST HAD ME KILLED." But I think you misinterpret my words. I merely meant that I'm not going to lose any sleep, act surprised, or pretend to care that a man who spent his entire life doing the wrong thing has done so again. Maybe my late-night 5:30am sleep-deprived posting lacked the eloquence I intended and in my sleepy-state I thought "hot dog suit" was a very funny mental image, or maybe it's a slow news day so you're looking to pick a fight to fill the void. I think the truth is probably somewhere in between. Also, I also wholeheartedly agree with your assessment that the problem is that people are afraid to speak up against Trump because of potential repercussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    And if Pence really is traumatized, he wouldn't be out there giving interviews and trashing Biden, such as the very same interview from which I cited.
    The flaw with that logic is that Biden supporters are typically not raving lunatics, and Biden isn't a vengeful person. That'd be like saying "if you're really afraid of sharks, why did you put your hand in a goldfish tank?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hey @Nastard want to warn the author that he put his life and his family's life in danger? Maybe ask him not to dress like a slut?
    Aw man, swing and a miss. Usually your analogies are a little better than that and they usually get a chuckle out of me. I think you're reaching a little far to paint me as a victim blamer with this one (I guess "hot dog suit" really pushed a button). I don't think of Pence as a victim at all because that implies sympathy as well as belief someone didn't make their own bed. I recommend going back to your usual posting format of over-using quotational strawman arguments where you can debate against the fabricated mindset of someone who doesn't actually exist. It doesn't have the same zing when you put words into the mouths of real people.

  15. #69475
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    I merely meant that I'm not going to lose any sleep, act surprised, or pretend to care that a man who spent his entire life doing the wrong thing has done so again.
    Okay, that's good enough. I think I came down on you harder than I needed to. Sounds like we don't disagree that much.

    For the GOP to be G again, Trump needs to meet his politcal end. The Republican Party invited this upon themselves. I couldn't have less sympathy when they're crying themselves to sleep at night because of the consequences of their actions.

  16. #69476
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Sounds like we don't disagree that much.
    I don't think we disagree very much at all. We both want to hear Pence say that Trump is a terrible piece of shit so we can turn to Trump supporters and say "SEE?! DO YOU FINALLY SEE?!" It's just that I've thought it through the next step and know the automatic response will be "well that's because Pence was always a traitor to the crown" and he'll be fed to the lions with ultimately nothing changing. Though I suppose in that scenario Pence's life would be ruined and maybe that's reason enough.

  17. #69477
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coca-co...ia-voting-law/

    North Carolina county has #canceled Coke.

    Truly, cancel culture is going too far and liberals must be stopped!

  18. #69478
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coca-co...ia-voting-law/

    North Carolina county has #canceled Coke.

    Truly, cancel culture is going too far and liberals must be stopped!
    As always, North Carolina once again proves itself to be an embarrassment to any educated and still living here.....

    I honestly would love to see the companies start responding to this by themselves moving their companies out of those areas. Do to them what the US should have been doing to companies that refuse to pay living wages since the beginning.

    Watching companies closing shop and moving out of states like Georgia and other places that support it and watch them try and wrestle with trying to paint them as both "Bad" and "Job Creators" while also trying to give them tax breaks as well.

    Honestly, at this point, I am surprised I haven't seen countries actually try stating that Trump, the GOP and their stuff is why they don't trust us anymore and do it vocally.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  19. #69479
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coca-co...ia-voting-law/

    North Carolina county has #canceled Coke.

    Truly, cancel culture is going too far and liberals must be stopped!
    Oh no, now Coca Cola won't see that $20 a week from the vending machine. That'll really hurt them when they lose 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000002% of their revenue. Republicans sure showed them, now if only they had a spine to fight against actual problems rather than a soda not liking them.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2021-06-05 at 08:24 AM.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  20. #69480
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coca-co...ia-voting-law/

    North Carolina county has #canceled Coke.

    Truly, cancel culture is going too far and liberals must be stopped!
    The first time I lived in NC, mid/late 80s as a kid, Coke wasn't really The Thing. It was all "PEPSI! The Taste Born In The Carolinas!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •