1. #70441
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Well, except for the nearly 40 thousand Floridians (that we know of) whose lives changed rather dramatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    You mean apart from those who no longer found themselves having a life to live?
    I'm not saying "nothing changed" as a source of pride. I'm only telling people just how stupid my state is. The sheriff for my county, for example, actually came out last year and said mask wearing is prohibited in any sheriff office/station in the county.

    I was able to get my vax early in April, before I was technically eligible because NO ONE here was getting them. Every 15 minute window for appointments were open at every Walgreen's and CVS. You could literally make an appointment, drive there and get the shot in less than 15 minutes.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2021-07-16 at 07:08 PM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

  2. #70442
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I'm not saying "nothing changed" as a source of pride.
    Yeah, that's not what I was implying. I was just piggy-backing off your statement.

  3. #70443
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The period of 2016-2036, which includes the era of Trump running for president three times, is EXTREMELY significant in American history, because in this period, blacks are FINALLY making that long-awaited shift away from liberalism to conservatism. We saw that happen with other groups in US history. Irish Catholics went from putting JFK in office in 1960 to voting in Reagan by 1980. But it never happened with blacks - - until now.

    This entire gambit by the left we are currently witnessing with BLM, pushing Harris as veep, pushing for more black representation in film and TV, pushing for a black national anthem, is actually one gigantic PANIC MOVE. They get what's happening. They see the polling. DEMOGRAPHICS IS DESTINY AND BLACKS ARE JOINING THE GOP. They need to try to stop it. So they are trying different tactics to win them back. But its not working.

    The real question is how long it takes before it completes.

    Trump is right in the middle of this period. He knows it. He has made it a point to court the black vote and encourage the shift. 2024 is going to be VERY interesting on this front, because by then, this shift has the potential to start flipping some serious blue states red.

    Its fascinating watching black republicans slowly get elected into the House too and reject and oppose all the democrat legislation. 2 more got elected in 2020.
    You know, it should be a fucking requirement for bullshit posts like this to have fucking sources. Cuz Trump only got 8% of the black vote. And no, blacks are not joining the GOP.

  4. #70444
    https://www.salon.com/2021/07/16/bil...t-selling-out/

    Remember that O'Reilly/Trump speaking tour? Well, it doesn't seem to be a hot ticket item, literally, because tons of tickets are unsold.

    And this fact, and the media reporting on this fact, has irked O'Reilly, who is angry and apparently threatening to sue a Politico reporter for reporting that. For some context, here's the map on Ticketmaster showing seats that are still available, in blue -



    Amusingly, in responding to the articles pointing out low ticket sales, O'Reilly and Trump don't seem to be on the same page -

    "The History Tour has already sold over $5 million of tickets, and the excitement and enthusiasm is unlike anything we've seen before," Trump spokesperson Liz Harrington told Politico. "Come December, the sold out shows will be a memorable night for all."

    O'Reilly called the report "false" and "totally ridiculous," declaring that ticket sales have already brought in $7 million, a figure even higher than the Trump camp claimed.
    Either O'Reilly skimmed a cool $2M off the top without team Trump finding out about it, team Trump is way out of date on their sales data, or more likely, they're all just making shit up.

  5. #70445
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I'm not saying "nothing changed" as a source of pride. I'm only telling people just how stupid my state is. The sheriff for my county, for example, actually came out last year and said mask wearing is prohibited in any sheriff office/station in the county.

    I was able to get my vax early in April, before I was technically eligible because NO ONE here was getting them. Every 15 minute window for appointments were open at every Walgreen's and CVS. You could literally make an appointment, drive there and get the shot in less than 15 minutes.
    I knew what you meant fellow Floridian.

    I was at Walmart earlier and they do walk ins. They said no one had been in days.
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Their enemies are busy labeling people "shitheads," dodging all the tough arguments (to the extent they acknowledge contrary arguments existing), and going over all the prejudices that make them believe they're arguing with bad people.
    "Dodge tough questions" types the poster with people on ignore who he couldn't handle the tough questions of.

  6. #70446
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Well, it doesn't seem to be a hot ticket item, literally, because tons of tickets are unsold.
    That picture is 8 hours out of date. Surely by now--



    Ah.

    A quick glance over the sections reveals, for the first date at least, there are literally thousands of empty seats. It looks like Trump dropped the price on the seats behind him, so that the arena would look full when he was on camera.

    I'm not going to go through it seat by seat, but apparently it's 40 to 45 percent sold. Kind of like his election results.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Yeah, Trump heard what Milley said and said he should be court-martialed.

    I was unaware preventing a tyrant from leading an insurrection was a court-martial offense. Regardless, I'm pretty sure the only person that could have, and would have, was Trump. And his time is over.

    - - - Updated - - -

    The Trump Centurion is given a jail cell next to the Trump Shaman.

  7. #70447
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Remember that O'Reilly/Trump speaking tour? Well, it doesn't seem to be a hot ticket item, literally, because tons of tickets are unsold.
    lol... Do any of his followers even remember who O'Reilly is at this point? Speaking for myself, it's been a blessedly long time since I've been reminded that that particular anthropomorphic shitstain still exists.

  8. #70448
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.salon.com/2021/07/16/bil...t-selling-out/

    Remember that O'Reilly/Trump speaking tour? Well, it doesn't seem to be a hot ticket item, literally, because tons of tickets are unsold.

    And this fact, and the media reporting on this fact, has irked O'Reilly, who is angry and apparently threatening to sue a Politico reporter for reporting that. For some context, here's the map on Ticketmaster showing seats that are still available, in blue -



    Amusingly, in responding to the articles pointing out low ticket sales, O'Reilly and Trump don't seem to be on the same page -



    Either O'Reilly skimmed a cool $2M off the top without team Trump finding out about it, team Trump is way out of date on their sales data, or more likely, they're all just making shit up.
    or you had some campaign funds buying up seats....just like they buy 500k books to hand out as "promotional" items for don jr.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  9. #70449
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    34,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    or you had some campaign funds buying up seats....just like they buy 500k books to hand out as "promotional" items for don jr.
    Another of the grifting tactics. Using PAC money that's limited to campaigns to buy up tickets for an even they get a huge profit percentage.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The period of 2016-2036, which includes the era of Trump running for president three times, is EXTREMELY significant in American history, because in this period, blacks are FINALLY making that long-awaited shift away from liberalism to conservatism. We saw that happen with other groups in US history. Irish Catholics went from putting JFK in office in 1960 to voting in Reagan by 1980. But it never happened with blacks - - until now.

    This entire gambit by the left we are currently witnessing with BLM, pushing Harris as veep, pushing for more black representation in film and TV, pushing for a black national anthem, is actually one gigantic PANIC MOVE. They get what's happening. They see the polling. DEMOGRAPHICS IS DESTINY AND BLACKS ARE JOINING THE GOP. They need to try to stop it. So they are trying different tactics to win them back. But its not working.

    The real question is how long it takes before it completes.

    Trump is right in the middle of this period. He knows it. He has made it a point to court the black vote and encourage the shift. 2024 is going to be VERY interesting on this front, because by then, this shift has the potential to start flipping some serious blue states red.

    Its fascinating watching black republicans slowly get elected into the House too and reject and oppose all the democrat legislation. 2 more got elected in 2020.
    Not sure why you are lying, but literally every section here is wrong. Most are out right lies. When you start posting links to your literal bullshit lies, we'll respond in kind.

    For instance: Whoopsie Daisies on the number of black republican House members.

  10. #70450
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,305
    FOX News continues to do Trump's dirty work, for example, asking loaded questions or flat-out lies at the WH press briefings.

    For example, asking why the WH hasn't stripped Fauci off FB for telling people they didn't need masks. Which, yes, happened during Trump's tenure, and Trump said the same.

    Also, referring to tracking public FB posts with intentional vaccine misinformation as "spying". It's not spying if the behavior is done in public. FOX News did not criticize the spread of the misinformation, by the way.

    What did not happen, was Biden did not throw out the reporter or block FOX News or call FOX News Fake News. It kinda feels like FOX News is baiting biden into doing that, which wil be hilarious when it works, because FOX News has already proven by their actions they're willing to accept when the WH kicks out reporters. Therefore, they'll have no reason to complain.

  11. #70451
    Friday's report:

    40,529 new cases, about 21k more than two weeks ago. Happened sooner than I hoped but not unexpected.

    Top 5:

    Fuck Florida (over 8k according to worldometers and extrapolated from Florida's weekly report)
    California: 4,581 new cases; 48 deaths
    Texas: 4,276 new cases; 26 deaths
    Missouri: 2,337 new cases; deaths still not being reported
    Louisiana: 1,605 new cases; 7 deaths

    We're seeing the numbers taking huge leaps every day which was expected with the Delta variant becoming dominant. There's still optimism from the experts that Biden's vaccination push will keep us from seeing the 400k totals and mountain of deaths we saw towards the end of the TRUMP SHITSHOW, though obviously the unvaccinated population will be very hard hit. You can argue that those who steadfastly refused to get the vaccine deserve it, but bear in mind that the vaccines have not been approved for children 12 and under yet so that's a large demographic who legitimately can't get it yet. Death tolls should be lower this time around...but the average age will probably be depressingly low.

    293 deaths is slightly lower than the amount two weeks ago and brings the total to 624,606. California, Florida and Texas continue trading places among the top 3, though if Missouri was reporting their deaths they'd likely be in the mix fairly often as well. Hospitalizations are on the rise, so expect this number to go up as well as the wave continues.

    Related news:

    Arkansas reports 1,342 new coronavirus cases, 11 more deaths--Why is this significant? Because Arkansas has the worst cases per capita rate in the entire nation, largely because their vaccination rate is only about 35%. Only 4% of their ICU beds are still available. The entire region around Arkansas is a hotbed for COVID because of "vaccine hesitancy"...AKA willful ignorance brought on by Trump's relentless campaign of misinformation.

    Stay safe, folks.

  12. #70452
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Arkansas
    Near the bottom of the list in vaccination rates, down there with Mississippi and Alabama. (Gee, wonder what they all have in common)

    I get what you're saying about kids, I do, but a vaccination rate that low can only be due to people avoiding the vaccine on purpose. There's enough to go around.

  13. #70453
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Near the bottom of the list in vaccination rates, down there with Mississippi and Alabama. (Gee, wonder what they all have in common)

    I get what you're saying about kids, I do, but a vaccination rate that low can only be due to people avoiding the vaccine on purpose. There's enough to go around.
    Oh don't misunderstand me: the adults in those states are responsible for the vaccination rate being so pisspoor. I'm just saying on a national level there is a large demographic that legitimately still can't get vaccinated, so it's up to the adults to get vaccinated to protect the children. Those that refuse to do so aren't just being ignorant assholes, they're being selfish, ignorant assholes putting other lives in danger.

  14. #70454
    The Lightbringer bladeXcrasher's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Those that refuse to do so aren't just being ignorant assholes, they're being selfish, ignorant assholes putting other lives in danger.
    You've just defined everything conservative.

  15. #70455
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    it's up to the adults to get vaccinated to protect the children.
    it is. And too many are choosing not to do it. Honestly, Florida and Arkansas are lucky things aren't worse -- school's out.

  16. #70456
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    it is. And too many are choosing not to do it. Honestly, Florida and Arkansas are lucky things aren't worse -- school's out.
    I am really, really worried for September for a lot of states.

  17. #70457
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    it is. And too many are choosing not to do it. Honestly, Florida and Arkansas are lucky things aren't worse -- school's out.
    By September Delta or another variant will have had a pretty decent chance to evolve into something that could turn kids into the little plague spreaders we all know they are,thus putting us into a third(maybe fourth of fifth? I've lost track) wave with schools as a hotbed of continuous infection.

    And no,I have no faith whatsoever that people will grow the fuck up and take some personal fucking responsibility.

  18. #70458
    Old God Milchshake's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shitposter Burn Out
    Posts
    10,200
    Imagine... going to your plastic surgeon and asking for "The Melania".




    Feels like a reenactment of the final act of the movie "Brazil".

  19. #70459
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Imagine... going to your plastic surgeon and asking for "The Melania".




    Feels like a reenactment of the final act of the movie "Brazil".
    Targaryens in a nutshell.

  20. #70460
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Imagine... going to your plastic surgeon and asking for "The Melania".




    Feels like a reenactment of the final act of the movie "Brazil".
    Doc, fuck me up good fam.
    Like what?
    Some that that screams "Prostitute with regrets."
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •