Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Trump got his ass whooped prior to trying to overthrow the election.

If the GOP wants to run him again in 2024, it's their grave.
    is your definition of 'whooped' is about 100k votes going the other way in the correct places then yeah sure.

Personally Trump got way to close to winning while completely failing to deal with a pandemic, and peoples memories are short. If he runs against in 4 years he will win the R primary and has a decent shot at winning the general election.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Small reminder
    Pence got 12 percent? More than Rubio, Cruz and Haley combined?

Maybe there are some true Republicans left after all.

The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Small reminder, that I'm sure most don't need. Cults don't just go away when the leader is gone from the spotlight.
    Not that I disagree with the results of the poll, nor am I saying it isn’t troubling, but to put it in some context he’s the only Republican politician who has any real recognition right now.

Right now they’re all either considered RINO traitors or are seen as simply being subservient to Trump. He dominated the entirety of the GOP scene in one way or another.

Will that pass with time? We’ll have to see. But Biden has only been president for less than a month, and trumps obviously still in the news.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

"Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    The next date will be April 20, because Trump's initials are the 4th and 20th letters of the alphabet. Not to mention it's also Hitler's birthday.

Then after that it will be October 3. If you take the wavelength of Trump's skin color (orange) in nanometers, you get 600. Then divide by 45 because he was the 45th President, and you get 13.333 (repeating of course). Subtract 3 from that since Earth is the 3rd planet from the sun, and you get 10.333, round to 1 decimal place because Trump was the bestest, bigliest #1 President ever, and you get 10.3 (October 3).
    Q, is that you????

Edit - awesome example though, I lol'd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Man, there really should have been an Xzibit cameo in Inception.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Lets see how the courts handle terrorists and traitors.
    My guess color of skin will result in slaps on the wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Maybe there are some true Republicans left after all.
    Reminder, people JUST voted for Pence/Trump. They're going to lead polls based on that fact alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Reminder, people JUST voted for Pence/Trump. They're going to lead polls based on that fact alone.
    Ah, yeah, that's an excellent point.

Small reminder, that I'm sure most don't need. Cults don't just go away when the leader is gone from the spotlight.
    We'll wait and see. I'm sure Deutsch Bank will collect on their loans in the next couple years and that will be the end of the Donald.

Sarah Palin successfully grifted the right wing for awhile but she wasn't 100's of millions in debt.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the rich fundie vote. He's still their boy.

53% That's quite a drop in three months. Back then he was polling 88%.

Next week in POLITICO Playbook: Pundits can't quit Trump, sir.

There's a KKK Act???

(reads news)

Holy shit.

With passage of the Third Force Act, popularly known as the Ku Klux Act, Congress authorizes President Ulysses S. Grant to declare martial law, impose heavy penalties against terrorist organizations and use military force to suppress the Ku Klux Klan (KKK).
    Damn, Grant wasn't fuckin' around.

There's a KKK Act???

(reads news)

Holy shit.

Fun fact: the current Republican enclaves in states like Washington and Oregon are direct descendants of white supremacists fleeing Grant's enforcement of the Klan Act. A lot of the landowners in Eastern Washington, Oregon, and Idaho are essentially old money descendants of Confederate emigres.

So, yeah. The idea that "it's all in the past" continues to be laughable.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    That's the rich fundie vote.
    Like I said, true Republican. The Religious Right and the Gun Nuts aren't really old friends of the GOP -- they took them on because Democrats outnumbered them. Seriously, remove abortion and civilians owning weapons of war and leave personal responsibility and small government. How many votes do they lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2021...e-resolutions/

“We did not send him there to vote his conscience,” Dave Ball, the chair of the Washington County Republican Party, told KDKA political editor Jon Delano on Monday. “We did not send him there to do the right thing, whatever he said he was doing. We sent him there to represent us, and we feel very strongly that he did not represent us.”
    The Washington County Republican Party didn't send him there at all. The state of Pennsylvania did.

- - - Updated - - -

He was not, and I wish that was taught more in schools. I only really learned it from a (frankly excellent) biography of Grant by Ron Chernow.

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentGreymane View Post
    53% That's quite a drop in three months. Back then he was polling 88%.

Next week in POLITICO Playbook: Pundits can't quit Trump, sir.
    Great point. With the loss of twitter I expect it to drop even further. People need to stop fearmongering.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Great point. With the loss of twitter I expect it to drop even further. People need to stop fearmongering.
    I know you don't like it when we keep pointing out the way Republicans have absolutely fucked the country over the past four years and that it's going to have lasting consequences, but we're not going move on until those responsible have been held to account.

Sit down, sweaty.

You missed the point. Sorry FSB comrade.

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentGreymane View Post
    You missed the point. Sorry FSB comrade.
    So your point doesn't make sense then.

So your point doesn't make sense then.
    Makes perfect sense.

- - - Updated - - -

And he's fired Giuliani now due to this.

- - - Updated - - -

ROFL so, I guess from what people were saying McConnell voted to acquit Trump cause "he was scared of Trumps base," or something, well, he just lost Trumps base.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN2AG2LL