Leave it to the most hardcore of Trumpsters to downplay the Trump virus.

The Unstoppable Force Kellhound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    only if you ignore the average quality of medical treatment you could get back then if you didn't have the money for a doctor
    and how well people did in getting to a doctor when most people still lived in rural areas vs urban

you trying to discount COVID this way is disingenuous as fuck
    COVID is bad, but we have faced worse, and survived. It is perspective.

Further, rather odd to say I am discounting it when I am saying it is getting close to being the #1 cause of death in the US.
    Last edited by Kellhound; 2021-02-22 at 05:01 AM.
    Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    “Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
    "His knowledge on that topic is only power point deep..." "Power corrupts and PowerPoint corrupts absolutely."
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

So Don "high as fuck on cocaine" Jr. posted on Twitter a video attacking Teachers and their union from trying to protect themselves and their students by being vaccinated before going back to in person classes. Well of course like any red blooded member of I̶S̶I̶S̶ I mean Republican they need to video themselves attacking people in front of a wall of guns. Really send a giant dogwhistle that you want to attack your enemies especially after their attempted coup on Jan 6th. Well I do have to ask any of our gun aficionados on this site if any of the guns Don Jr., where he hit a line of coke before shooting the video, were real? Seriously, the guns hanging behind him look like cheap solid plastic fake guns. I believe they couldn't even shoot and I am seriously wondering where you could even load the ammo on those things because the grips on all of them do not look long enough to hold a magazine clip and they look spray painted with cheap spray paint from Walmart. They look like a below average first time cosplayer's prop guns on a slim budget. Can any gun aficionado answer if those 'guns' are real?

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...021730601.html

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Well I do have to ask any of our gun aficionados on this site if any of the guns Don Jr., where he hit a line of coke before shooting the video, were real? Seriously, the guns hanging behind him look like cheap solid plastic fake guns.
    At a glance it looks like they're hunting pistols, or at least some of them are. That one in the middle left with the wood furniture looks like a Remington XP100, which is basically a bolt-action rifle that's been mated with a pistol frame. AFAIR it's a single-shot so no magazine. If I had to hazard a guess I'd assume the others are variations of that single-shot, bolt action hunting pistol design.

Basically the equivalent of standing in front of your grandpa's gun cabinet to act like a tough guy. But like, the least threatening gun cabinet you can think of. They really are ugly, IMO.
    Last edited by Knife Pervert; 2021-02-22 at 06:05 AM.

So Don "high as fuck on cocaine" Jr. posted on Twitter a video attacking Teachers and their union from trying to protect themselves and their students by being vaccinated before going back to in person classes. Well of course like any red blooded member of I̶S̶I̶S̶ I mean Republican they need to video themselves attacking people in front of a wall of guns. Really send a giant dogwhistle that you want to attack your enemies especially after their attempted coup on Jan 6th. Well I do have to ask any of our gun aficionados on this site if any of the guns Don Jr., where he hit a line of coke before shooting the video, were real? Seriously, the guns hanging behind him look like cheap solid plastic fake guns. I believe they couldn't even shoot and I am seriously wondering where you could even load the ammo on those things because the grips on all of them do not look long enough to hold a magazine clip and they look spray painted with cheap spray paint from Walmart. They look like a below average first time cosplayer's prop guns on a slim budget. Can any gun aficionado answer if those 'guns' are real?

Well he is a trophy hunter iirc. They like to use pistols for hunting because for them hunting is about gimping yourself with expensive gadgets and not about killing the animal as fast as possible.

I have no doubt they actually work tho.

Another arrest from the murderous insurection: a Florida cop who actually said

We’re not here to hurt any cops, of course. I love my boys in blue, but this is overwhelming for them. There’s no way they can hold us back,
    about a riot in which he, or one of his co-conspirators, beat a police officer to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Thankfully, it is still less than 1/3 as deadly per capita as the 1918 H1N1 Pandemic.

More importantly, at 600k it overtakes cancer as the #2 cause of death, and at 700k it would have handedly passed heart attack as the leading cause of death in the US.
    H1N1, is swine flu in 2009. You are talking about the Spanish Flu, and at that time they didn't have the medicine we have now, but still the stupid anti-maskers that fucking make it last longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Knife Pervert View Post
    At a glance it looks like they're hunting pistols, or at least some of them are. That one in the middle left with the wood furniture looks like a Remington XP100, which is basically a bolt-action rifle that's been mated with a pistol frame. AFAIR it's a single-shot so no magazine. If I had to hazard a guess I'd assume the others are variations of that single-shot, bolt action hunting pistol design.

Basically the equivalent of standing in front of your grandpa's gun cabinet to act like a tough guy. But like, the least threatening gun cabinet you can think of. They really are ugly, IMO.
    Thanks for the reply, I had no idea they had single shot bolt action pistols beyond antique pistols. I just looked up single shot bolt action pistols and ya they are real. I do agree though that Don "Dr. Rockzo the Rock n' Roll Clown and I do Cocaine" Jr.'s aesthetic choices are fucking horrendous.

Thanks for the reply, I had no idea they had single shot bolt action pistols beyond antique pistols. I just looked up single shot bolt action pistols and ya they are real. I do agree though that Don "Dr. Rockzo the Rock n' Roll Clown and I do Cocaine" Jr.'s aesthetic choices are fucking horrendous.
    Yeah they're pretty obscure I think, so I don't blame you for thinking they were fake. I'd wager 'bolt action hunting pistols' are pretty rare outside of 'hunter' and niche challenge shooting circles, the former of which Don Jr is a part of. Gabriel's on the mark, among being a cokehead Donnie J is a trophy hunter that has taken a number of trips -- some of which cost the taxpayers a pretty penny -- to other countries to go hunt exotic and sometimes endangered/threatened animals. The guy has never met a low he won't sink to.

Even better, he decided to take a shit on teachers while sat in front of his guns, while in a country prone to school shootings....

What a piece of shit that coke fiend is.

Thankfully, it is still less than 1/3 as deadly per capita as the 1918 H1N1 Pandemic.

More importantly, at 600k it overtakes cancer as the #2 cause of death, and at 700k it would have handedly passed heart attack as the leading cause of death in the US.
    This is very sobering. It is looking like 600k is guaranteed, and that 700k will only be avoidable if the vaccines work as they seem to, and the mutations don't overwhelm the country first. Thanks for this perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    H1N1, is swine flu in 2009. You are talking about the Spanish Flu,
    Both the "Spanish flu 1918" and the "Swine flu 2009" are H1N1; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influe...s_subtype_H1N1

Or in other words, the previous poster was correct.

Just saying, a 100 years ago people also didn't shower regularly.
    People back then died for all sorts of non pandemic related stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Seems the GOP/Trump's plan of "do nothing and hope it goes away" didn't end up working, hmm?
    Oh how I wish he would've just done nothing. If he had done literally nothing, we wouldn't have nearly as many anti-mask idiots. But instead of doing nothing, he actively encouraged people to not wear masks, not to mention all the superspreader events he hosted. I wonder how much lower the death toll would have been if he did literally nothing.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

The continued Party of Trump slide into blatant false information continues.

Our Ruling

Abbott said that the failure of the state’s renewable energy sources "thrust Texas into this situation where it was lacking power at a statewide basis."

Texas is a state with diverse energy sources. Grid officials have said multiple that, on top of grid infrastructure being poorly designed to handle the week's freezing conditions, the drop in power supply is attributable to all energy sources. Although many wind turbines faltered under the conditions, wind energy as a whole outperformed normal expectations thanks to blustery weather.

Abbott walked back the comments he made on Hannity during a press conference the next day, denying that he singled out wind power as the culprit.

We rate this claim False.
    Meanwhile on the other side:

Our Ruling

O’Rourke said regarding the Texas power blackout "energy experts and State House Dems, among others, were warning of this for years."

Experts have been warning about the failures of the state’s power grid for years, particularly after a 2011 cold spell. The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and the North American Electric Reliability Corp. wrote an extensive report showing that recommendations following a 1989 outage weren’t implemented. Other experts have also warned for years about ERCOT and power blackouts, and state legislators tried to propose bills to improve the state’s energy infrastructure.

We rate this claim True.
    No, not every claim made by a Republican is false and not every claim made by a Democrat is true. But the gap between them seems to have gotten MUCH wider in the last Trump years. "Windmills cause cancer" "hydrocholoroquine" "I didn't collude with Russia" "CHINA VIRUS" "I'm not a Trump supporter, but isn't everything Trump does amazing and everything Biden does is awful?"

- - - Updated - - -
    @cubby get in here!

SCOTUS declines to hear Trump's tax case, therefore, the most recent court ruling (that the NY AG gets the tax returns) is the final ruling.

**Breaking***

Supreme Court Denies Trump’s Bid to Conceal Financial Records. The former president’s accountants will give the records he has spent years trying to shield to New York prosecutors. - The New York Times

I'm guessing that Trump loses a ton of GOP support once all of fans figure out how in debt he really is.

Right wing posters cant stand being associated with a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    I'm guessing that Trump loses a ton of GOP support once all of fans figure out how in debt he really is.
    It might take more than that for him to shed 10% voter support.

However, once he's staring down the barrel of a cocked, loaded felony charge, the RNC will have to start cutting ties immediately. Remember, Trump is heading to CPAC and it's 50/50 he'll announce he's running again. He still has 58% support and a sizable portion of nominal Republicans would leave to join Trump's party if he made one. If they put all their eggs in the Trump basket and then he goes to jail, they get to limp home to their bunkers to cry into their single scoop of ice cream, likely leaving a trail of yellow footprints.

They need a Trump replacement. Trump won't agree to that without a yuge concession. If the GOP has any intent to win 2022 or 2024, they need to find a bribe Trump will accept before the cuffs snap into place.

**Breaking***

Supreme Court Denies Trump’s Bid to Conceal Financial Records. The former president’s accountants will give the records he has spent years trying to shield to New York prosecutors. - The New York Times

You think a bit of debt or tax fraud is going to stop the GOP from supporting him?

The dude literally told the head of the GOP in the House to kick rocks when his own supporters were threatening to kill congressmen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knife Pervert View Post
    Yeah they're pretty obscure I think, so I don't blame you for thinking they were fake. I'd wager 'bolt action hunting pistols' are pretty rare outside of 'hunter' and niche challenge shooting circles, the former of which Don Jr is a part of. Gabriel's on the mark, among being a cokehead Donnie J is a trophy hunter that has taken a number of trips -- some of which cost the taxpayers a pretty penny -- to other countries to go hunt exotic and sometimes endangered/threatened animals. The guy has never met a low he won't sink to.
    Yeah, you see them as just bizarre collector pieces sometimes, but they are pretty rare out of certain hunting circles. They are terribly uncomfortable to shoot, since they are typically rifle calibers in a strange pistol frame. He is probably using them to collect elephant tails or something. They have no real practical purpose, since they are just inferior to an actual rifle in every way. The point of them is to claim you shot a thing with a pistol, but still be using a 300 Remington Magnum or something.
    "We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine." DJT- Jan 22, 2020
    "And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done." DJT- Feb 26, 2020
    “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” DJT- Feb 27, 2020

**Breaking***

You say that as if facts and logic have any meaning to Trump supporters.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020