10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Biden does nothing about it
    Biden personally needs to steer clear. He can't be seen directing an investigation towards a political rival. I mean, it's not like he's Trump.

But the DoJ he hired? Yes. The House? Yes. The IRS? Double yes. And of course there's NYState.

There are plenty of people coming for Trump's head. Biden doesn't need to carry the axe.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Another thing that's worth pointing out, the outbreak in Provincetown was during Bear Week, which is basically a weeklong party of constant circuit parties and orgies. So it's a pretty extreme example of an outbreak to base data off of.
    Or to base national policy off of…
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    just WHAT in conservatism covers vaccination? Rather sure neither Buckley or Feldwel said a thing about it, completely sure Reagan didn't
    To be fair to Buckley, he did admit he was wrong about his position on cigarette smoking and thought cigarettes should be banned. It took terminal lung cancer to get him there so...points deducted.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Rudy Giuliani saying he’s willing to go to jail but whoever puts him there will suffer the consequences in heaven… special. He knows heaven isn’t the place you face consequences, right?
    He is right tho, surely locking up a lying scumbag like Giuliani should count for a little extra good to get into heaven.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Rudy Giuliani saying he’s willing to go to jail
    Anything to protect Trump. I wonder how long before he seriously wonders if it was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There's no reason to believe that Florida's numbers will miraculously reverse tomorrow.
    I think you underestimate DeathSantis ability to fuck up with the numbers that are already inaccurate especially if it threatens his run for the presidency.

- - - Updated - - -

Anything to protect Trump. I wonder how long before he seriously wonders if it was worth it.
    A lot of people say that until they are in you know jail, Giuliani will crack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometime after he's a cellmate of Abedisi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Well, not sure what to state here but former RNC chair Michael Steele basically called Jim Jorden a bitch and some other stuff.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...edgdhp&pc=U531

"I can tell you the time, the place, the date of every conversation I've had with every president of this country, period," Steele said during a Thursday livestream for the Lincoln Project, a group of current and former Republican operatives who oppose Trump. "Going back to Bill Clinton, I can tell you where I was. I can tell you what was said. This son of a b**** is sitting up there acting like, 'Well, I don't know if it was before. I don't know if it was after. Oh, lordy, Jesus, I don't remember. I got to look at my notes.' You know, b****, what time you called the president, and you know what you said."
    Steele then compared Jordan, who's a "grown a** man," to a 10-year-old who "got caught masturbating by [his] mama."

"Stop it," he advised Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Steele then compared Jordan, who's a "grown a** man," to a 10-year-old who "got caught masturbating by [his] mama."

"Stop it," he advised Jordan.
    That is a brilliant comparison. I've never thought of Gym Jordan as an actual adult. He has always come off like a little kid trying to play grownup.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I think @cubby will give you a run for your money on that one.
    lol, he's one of the ones that's gonna hear it from me for defending the Biden nom and telling me its ok that we have Manchin & Sinema.

- - - Updated - - -

Biden personally needs to steer clear. He can't be seen directing an investigation towards a political rival. I mean, it's not like he's Trump.

But the DoJ he hired? Yes. The House? Yes. The IRS? Double yes. And of course there's NYState.

There are plenty of people coming for Trump's head. Biden doesn't need to carry the axe.
    The only way the DoJ goes after Trump is if it has Biden's blessing. If there's enough there to go after him and they don't, it will be because of Biden calling off the dogs. Which is totally something he would do, because he'll mistakenly think the country needs to move on when what we need is evil men being held accountable for the hell they've caused.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

The only way the DoJ goes after Trump is if it has Biden's blessing. If there's enough there to go after him and they don't, it will be because of Biden calling off the dogs. Which is totally something he would do, because he'll mistakenly think the country needs to move on when what we need is evil men being held accountable for the hell they've caused.
    I don't know man ... Biden is on record saying that's completely up to the DOJ to decide. Call me naive, but I don't get the impression that Biden is the kind of guy to say that, and then pull some strings behind the scenes to make the ultimate decision anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    closest to a blessing Biden will give is when he said its their call
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I don't know man ... Biden is on record saying that's completely up to the DOJ to decide. Call me naive, but I don't get the impression that Biden is the kind of guy to say that, and then pull some strings behind the scenes to make the ultimate decision anyway.
    Of course he's on record saying that.

Biden, for all of his "aww shucks" charm is still a LIFELONG politician whose been in the game at every level, including the WH before now.

He said what he said for the media and people, and that likely has little to do with what he says to the actual DoJ.

Again, if there's info to go after Trump and they don't or do, it will 100% be Biden's call.

My guess is that if that there's enough to go after him, the DoJ will not pursue it.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Hey guys so Susan Collins really doesn't like that Pelosi rejected Jim Jordan and Jim Banks from the Jan 6th Committee because she says it looks "Partisan"

During an appearance on CNN Sunday, moderate Republican senator Susan Collins (Maine) expressed disapproval with Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s decision to reject two of the GOP picks to join the “bipartisan” panel investigating the Capitol Riot.

“I fought very hard to have an independent, bipartisan, nonpartisan outside commission to look at all of the events of that day and I’m very disappointed that it was not approved. I think it would have had far more credibility than Speaker Pelosi’s partisan committee that she has set up,” Collins commented.

When the anchor pointed out that Pelosi did appoint two Republicans, Representatives Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger, to serve on the committee, the Maine senator replied, “I respect both of them but I do not think it was right of the speaker to decide which Republicans should be on the committee. Normally if you have a select committee, the minority leader and the speaker get to pick the members.” Cheney and Kinzinger both voted to impeach former President Trump after January 6.

While Collins voiced her opposition to the speaker’s move, Cheney, who was recently ousted from her leadership post as GOP conference chair, recently defended it. “I agree with what the Speaker has done,” she said.

Per the House resolution that created the committee, Republican House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (Calif.) was originally allowed five selections to serve on it while Pelosi was allowed eight. Pelosi denied two of McCarthy’s choices, Representatives Jim Jordan and Jim Banks, over their support of Trump and voter fraud allegations in the 2020 election.

In a statement, Pelosi said the “unprecedented nature” of the Capitol Riot demanded that she disqualify the two congressmen from joining the panel.

In protest to Pelosi’s move, McCarthy withdrew all Republican picks from participating in the select committee, vowing instead to lead his own GOP-backed inquiry into the incident.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/susan-col...144311972.html

The only thing I could tell Susan "He learned his lesson" Collins about this is to fuck off with her disingenuous ass. Having Jordan and Banks on the committee would have been like having criminals handle the evidence against them during the investigation.

At an event Saturday night, Kevin McCarthy "joked" about hitting Nancy Pelosi with the speaker's gavel. You can listen to the audio of it here: https://twitter.com/Vivian_E_Jones/s...51875879849986

I want you to watch Nancy Pelosi hand me that gavel. It'll be hard not to hit her with it.

It's shocking that he would "joke" about physically assaulting a political opponent just months after January 6th insurrection/terrorist attack. Wait a minute, I forget this is 2021, actually it's not shocking at all.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

My guess is that if that there's enough to go after him, the DoJ will not pursue it.
    Anyone who lived through the Trump presidency knows that there's enough to go after him just using public information, the stuff in the background I can only imagine being far worse. However neither Biden or Garland have the balls to do something so bold as to hold Trump accountable for his actions heck the talks of reigning in executive power have died. The next Trump if not Trump himself is going to be worse because he will have Trump as a template on how to successfully install his dictatorship.

Rudy Giuliani saying he’s willing to go to jail but whoever puts him there will suffer the consequences in heaven… special. He knows heaven isn’t the place you face consequences, right?
    yah their hand will hurt from all the high fives they get in heaven!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    At an event Saturday night, Kevin McCarthy "joked" about hitting Nancy Pelosi with the speaker's gavel. You can listen to the audio of it here: https://twitter.com/Vivian_E_Jones/s...51875879849986

It's shocking that he would "joke" about physically assaulting a political opponent just months after January 6th insurrection/terrorist attack. Wait a minute, I forget this is 2021, actually it's not shocking at all.
    You know the party of "Women should just sit down, shut up then get into the kitchen"....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

That is a brilliant comparison. I've never thought of Gym Jordan as an actual adult. He has always come off like a little kid trying to play grownup.
    You may not have thought of Jim Jordan as an adult but we all see him as a criminal who let multiple OSU students get sexually assaulted by the team physician and did nothing. So not only is Jim Jordan a traitor to the U.S. he is also let his players get sexually assaulted so Jim Jordan is absolute scum that gives pond scum a bad name.

Yeah but people in Michigan couldn't buy grass seed or lawn fertilizer last April, the horror

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1250491829155500032
    My fav is the second lady in that.
    lol in fairness her roots do look horrid.
    I mean that's cause for 2nd amendment something something right.

Also today, helicopters at the beach in NSW ordering people off through the loudspeaker, telling them cops are on the way.

But Americans don't watch world news as it doesn't pertain to them so they have zero reference of life outside their bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    My fav is the second lady in that.
    lol in fairness her roots do look horrid.
    I mean that's cause for 2nd amendment something something right.

Also today, helicopters at the beach in NSW ordering people off through the loudspeaker, telling them cops are on the way.

But Americans don't watch world news as it doesn't pertain to them so they have zero reference of life outside their bubble.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's slow your roll, there. I knew what NSW stood for without looking it up. So, I mean.

Yeah, that's pretty fair.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit