Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Now i have a question mike lindel supposedly got his commercials pulled from fox news right then why when i go to the gym in the mornings the one TV that has fox news on it i still see my pillow commercials on it? (like everyday i go to the gym)
    Are they playing actual 24 hrs Fox News or are they playing the local news on the local Fox channel because those are 2 very different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Texas Democrats who fled the state to block a bill have had their arrest warrant blocked. They can return to Texas once they're done in DC.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yeah...but congrats on returning. Keep us posted with hopefully good news as it develops?

- - - Updated - - -

Local stations still take his money?
    Not a local station its actual 24 hour fox news.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Two options -

1. These are existing ad-buys and Lindell is just "pausing" future ad-buys.

2. Lindell is a liar.

Both are extremely likely and realistic options.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Texas Democrats who fled the state to block a bill have had their arrest warrant blocked. They can return to Texas once they're done in DC.
    Abbott started a second special session on the 7th, don't think they will be done in DC until sessions stop being called.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, shit.

So Fuck Florida just dropped their Monday weekend backfill update: 80.5k new cases and 332 deaths for Saturday through Monday.

This is not a pretty sight:

In case anybody is morbidly curious, the breakdown is 23,903 / 93 for Saturday, 28,316 / 119 for Sunday, and 28,317 / 120 for Monday.

Prior to this weekend, Florida's 7-day rolling average for new case counts was 18,933 and for deaths was 90. Through today, however, we're now at... well, actually, that reminds me about...
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Any bets on whether they top 20k this week? That's a pretty steep "curve" to overcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    There's no way in hell that I would bet against them hitting a 7-day average of 20k this week. I guess we'll see.
    Surprising absolutely nobody, Florida's 7-day rolling average for new case counts is now 20,867. Nobody here took @Benggaul's bet, probably because nobody here is as fucking stupid as Florida's Governor DeSantis.

Incidentally, the 7-day average for deaths in Florida is now 113. That's a 20% jump in three days.

And the curve is still heading upward.

In closing, I'll leave you with this wonderful article...

CNN: Florida governor's office says state could withhold salaries of officials who enact school mask mandates
    Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis's office said Monday that the state board of education could move to withhold the salaries of superintendents and school board members who disregard the governor's executive order prohibiting mask mandates for school districts.

Last month DeSantis issued an executive order requiring the state's health and education departments to create rules preventing local school mask mandates. Several lawsuits have since been filed challenging the constitutionality of the executive order.

Some school districts are considering mask mandates and at least one has said masks will be required unless the parents opt out.

A statement from the governor's office on Monday says the state board of education "could move to withhold the salary of the district superintendent or school board members."

The statement says one of DeSantis' priorities is to protect parents' rights.

"I think the fairest thing to do is just say let parents make the decisions," DeSantis said last week at an event at a Tampa hospital.

Florida is seeing a dramatic surge in Covid-19 cases. The state reported 134,506 new Covid-19 cases over the last week on Friday, more than any other seven-day period during the pandemic.

The state reported 13,596 new Covid-19 cases among children younger than 12 years old last week, according to data from the Florida Department of Health (DOH).

There were 10,585 new cases for the age group reported the previous week, ending July 29, DOH data shows.

With many Florida children headed back to school this week, the current new case positivity rate for children under 12 is 20.5%, which is higher than the overall state new case positivity rate of 18.9%, according to DOH weekly reports.

The new case positivity rate for the 12-19 age group is 24.3%, according to DOH data released Friday.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Such a fun game.
    It will be interesting to see how all his trumpian actions play out in his re-election bid. I wonder if all his political theater and anti-mask executive orders will be the end of him. I'd love to see even a Joe Manchin democrat get elected governor after all the shit Abbott has been pulling.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I wouldn't give for a federal travel ban into and out of Florida right about now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    What I wouldn't give for a federal travel ban into and out of Florida right about now.
    Please. We are filled to the brim with the worst kinds of people right now.

Next week drops down to 60% occupancy rate but it's been 80-100% since March.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2021-08-09 at 10:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

If they withhold salaries and teachers/administrative staff quit...does the state still win since those kids will staying at home and can remain unmasked?

Seriously, DeathSantis quest for the presidency is still getting a lot of Floridians killed -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If they withhold salaries and teachers/administrative staff quit...does the state still win since those kids will staying at home and can remain unmasked?
    More uneducated kids growing up in Florida to become future voters? This move sounds just like GoP job security, right there.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They're prizing shareholder dividends over human health and safety.
    Ummmm ya is called capitalism?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Putting politics aside completely, it's amazing that someone like Trump is even alive. He's obese and has a horrific diet. People like that don't usually reach their 80s.
    money buys alot better healthcare and life prolonging treatments. From what little we know of his bought with covid he likely would have died from it if he wasn't filthy rich and the president.

10+ Year Old Account
    I meant the physical location of broadcast. They get their own ad time.

- - - Updated - - -

Florida just dropped their Monday weekend backfill update
    Yeah, it's bad. Why don't you fill us in while I take a sip from this completely filled coffee cup? *sl--

80.5k new cases and 332 deaths for Saturday through Monday.
    PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

Jesus. What the fuck? Didn't I just say their worst day ever ever ever was 30k?

so its about a week into august

has Drumpf reclaimed his rightful throne in Washington DC?
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus. What the fuck? Didn't I just say their worst day ever ever ever was 30k?
    I mean, that's a 3-day backfill, so it includes the totals from Saturday and Sunday that weren't posted until now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    so its about a week into august

has Drumpf reclaimed his rightful throne in Washington DC?
    Nonono, we're still waiting on Mike Lindell's cyber-symposium, where his cyber-guys will duke it out with everyone else's cyber-guys to declare cyber-victory.

He's supposed to release his "proof" during this August 10-12 "event". Then he will totes give any invited cyber-guy who can disprove the "proof" a prize of $5 million.

So pencil it in for August 13th, I guess...

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    He has too much personal power and influence over the masses. It's like an El Chapo situation.

Except Trump isn't going to die like a villain.
    Uh, El Chapo is in prison... not just any one either, he's in ADX.

10+ Year Old Account
    Florida governor's office says state could withhold salaries of officials who enact school mask mandates
    DeSantis knows only the teachers in blue city areas would dare to strike over this. It's actually a brilliant move.

*ahem*

Until yokel red counties start dying in even larger groups than you already linked, red yokel counties impose mandates, the blue states do the same and DeSantis gets nothing. I'm just going to guess late Sept/early Oct.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, that's a 3-day backfill, so it includes the totals from Saturday and Sunday that weren't posted until now.

- - - Updated - - -

Nonono, we're still waiting on Mike Lindell's cyber-symposium, where his cyber-guys will duke it out with everyone else's cyber-guys to declare cyber-victory.

He's supposed to release his "proof" during this August 10-12 "event". Then he will totes give any invited cyber-guy who can disprove the "proof" a prize of $5 million.

So pencil it in for August 13th, I guess...
    Your reminder of what August 13th is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    we're still waiting on Mike Lindell's cyber-symposium
    Steve Bannon personally plugged it and suggested that Chinese govt officials should attend, probably to paint a picture that Biden was protecting China by preventing them from attending.

This is the miracle, Steve. This is what God has done for our country when we get out there and be one nation under God again. This can be the biggest uniting of our country ever, whether you're a Democrat or a Republican or what you are, boom, against a common enemy, the CCP that used the Democratic Party to steal our election and invade our country.
    Of course, Lindell is going to spend 72 hours showing random code blips and spewing nonsense, and everyone will of course say the same thing: "This is useless garbage". If Lindell has evidence of a crime, he should have turned it over to law enforcement, not thrown it a parade.

I honestly don't know if it's a scam or if he's legit insane. He has nothing, and yet others are egging him on.

- - - Updated - - -

Which averages to 26,000 and change three days in a row. Odds seem good that at least one day hit 30,000 but even if none did, that's their second-worst day, three times in a row.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Your reminder of what August 13th is.
    It's also Friday the 13th, so...

- - - Updated - - -

Which averages to 26,000 and change three days in a row. Odds seem good that at least one day hit 30,000 but even if none did, that's their second-worst day, three times in a row.
    Oh, I guess you didn't read the rest of the original post...
    In case anybody is morbidly curious, the breakdown is 23,903 / 93 for Saturday, 28,316 / 119 for Sunday, and 28,317 / 120 for Monday.
    We'll probably see a 30k+ soon enough, sadly.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils