10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So Trump is...having issues.

He's supposed to go to Cullman, Alabama, to have a rally tomorrow. Gracious hosts they are, Cullman responded by declaring a COVID state of emergency. It might have something to do with the hospital being overcrowded, old news of course, and then Trump showing up and therefore demanding extra resources.

"Surely such a huge, bustling city as...Cullman?"

Yeah, the population of Cullman sometimes hits 16,000 if a passing bus stops too long at a gas station. They are not equipped for this. So the hospital is subcontracting some of its non-COVID issues to...a 20 foot by 40 foot tent staffed by firemen. No, really.

For added fun, pre-rally, Trump called into the Rick and Bubba radio show --

"Har har. What's the show really called?"

Here's their home page.
    I live in a town near Cullman with around the same population. If Trump came here, he'd have to use the high school auditorium or something, so maaaaybe a thousand people. And I would bet that there are people I know that will attend that rally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Many minorities within the US have higher covid rates than white people. Generally if you're poor within the US you can't take time off work, you have poor healthcare access and your boss might be the kind of asshole who donates to people like Patrick or takes bets on how many employees they can get infected while ignoring safety protocols.

In spite of all that Black Americans have higher vaccination rates than Republicans.
    plus, we'll actually mask and self distance
    instead of doing nothing
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I live in a town near Cullman
    Are things in Alabama really as bad as the headlines make it sound? I have relatives there but, um, we don't talk to them anymore.

In other news:

The City of Orlando has asked people to stop watering their lawns and washing their cars.

"What? The drought got that far east?"

Um, no. It's because COVID.

"That doesn't make any sense."

So apparently, Orlando treats their tap water with liquid oxygen. I did about 3 minutes' worth of research, it's not just them that does this. Anyhow, hospitals have needed more oxygen and there's only so much to go around, so Orlando's had to cut down 30% of their water treatment supply.

So, yes, stop watering your lawns or people will die. That's what it's come to, people.

Friday's report:

151,108 new cases, which is about 12k fewer than last year but does not include Florida's total because they evidently didn't report. Once their numbers come in it will likely be around 10k more depending on how much they feel like fibbing.

Top 10:

Fuck Florida (I'll continue taking liberties so long as they do).
    Texas: 22,780 new cases; 184 deaths
    California: 16,332 new cases; 106 deaths
    Georgia: 9,581 new cases; 48 deaths
    Tennessee: 7,232 new cases; 46 deaths
    North Carolina: 6,631 new cases; 54 deaths
    Louisiana: 5,922 new cases; 67 deaths
    South Carolina: 5,228 new cases; 31 deaths
    Mississippi: 5,048 new cases; 54 deaths
    Illinois: 4,904 new cases; 26 deaths

This is Texas' highest total since late January and they may have actually taken the top spot from Florida today, but since Florida didn't post any numbers fuck Florida. A week or so ago Georgia posted a 10k total that was a correction, but they're close to reaching that level now legitimately. Tennessee being so high up on the list is also indicative of how bad things are going there. I would also be remiss if I didn't mention that Lollapalooza happened in Chicago earlier this month (I knew nothing about it until yesterday) which I think was a TERRIBLE fucking idea, especially judging from the pictures, but so far they seem to have gotten away with it (if 200+ infections is "getting away with it"). Apparently close to 90% of the people attending were vaccinated, but that's still a really fucking stupid risk to take and bad optics all around, not to mention dangerous for unvaccinated kids who came in contact with those superspreaders afterwards.

1,059 deaths is over 150 more than last Friday and brings the total to 644,281. Florida (provisionally), Texas and California had the top spots again. This is also the third day in a row deaths have been over 1k. The 7-day average has jumped to over 800.

Related news:

As Covid-19 hospitalizations increase, more Americans are deciding to get vaccinated--Good, I guess, though I continue to find it depressing that it takes this level of emergency for people to wake the fuck up.

Governor sees 'astronomical' number of new cases--The governor in question is Edwards from Louisiana, but they're far from the only one lamenting.
    And Kansas Gov. Laura Kelly said more people in the state were admitted to the hospital on Wednesday than any other single day. Nearly everyone in the ICU for Covid-19 is unvaccinated and six of the state's largest hospitals are at 100% capacity for ICU beds, she said.
    Stay safe, folks.

I live in a town near Cullman with around the same population. If Trump came here, he'd have to use the high school auditorium or something, so maaaaybe a thousand people. And I would bet that there are people I know that will attend that rally.
    I assume that if there isn't a venue large enough, they'd just set up a spot in a field somewhere...
    Which is apparently what they're doing.

Ever since Trump lost this has devolved in to an off topic COVID non stop whinefest, which I get you guys can’t use the COVID thread to whine about Trump and the past. But if Trump were still president and he blatantly lied like Biden did in his press conference Friday, you guys would be livid. Trump would also be out there taking questions, not walking away from the reporters. There is no way you guys will ever fault Biden for anything, but at least pretend you can criticize a sitting president. I see you guys are avoiding his lying from Friday, but even CNN and ABC can no longer stomach it

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Ever since Trump lost this has devolved in to an off topic COVID non stop whinefest, which I get you guys can’t use the COVID thread to whine about Trump and the past. But if Trump were still president and he blatantly lied like Biden did in his press conference Friday, you guys would be livid. Trump would also be out there taking questions, not walking away from the reporters. There is no way you guys will ever fault Biden for anything, but at least pretend you can criticize a sitting president. I see you guys are avoiding his lying from Friday, but even CNN and ABC can no longer stomach it
    Yet another pathetic bad faith post.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

I'm sure your pathetic persecution complex would absolutely love it if we created a separate thread every time Trump or his cult did something stupid. But we don't have to, since we have this convenient thread. Amazing.

Speaking of convenient threads, if you want to bitch about Biden, go to the Biden thread. Obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    The biden Harris thread is ----> that way. Take your white Knighting for Trump over there.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a thread for you to whine about the current administration. The one legally elected in 2020. Right here. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are things in Alabama really as bad as the headlines make it sound? I have relatives there but, um, we don't talk to them anymore.
    Obviously I don't know everyone's personal opinions on everything, but what I do know is seeing a customer wearing a mask is super duper rare. And we're back to requiring employees to wear masks, vaccinated or not. And yet the majority of my co-workers still don't, and management does absolutely fuck all about it (and some are part of the problem). I have a few vocal anti-vaxxers though, and I make it a point to avoid them.

Obviously I don't know everyone's personal opinions on everything, but what I do know is seeing a customer wearing a mask is super duper rare. And we're back to requiring employees to wear masks, vaccinated or not. And yet the majority of my co-workers still don't, and management does absolutely fuck all about it (and some are part of the problem). I have a few vocal anti-vaxxers though, and I make it a point to avoid them.
    Sounds to me like Sweden in a nutshell

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    TexasLies strikes again! Nothing in your post is correct, absolutely nothing - and all the cites showing your lies are literally in this thread, including faulting Biden (even me) along with Trump continuing to claim he "solved the covid problem".

Kids! Remember, the above post is what happens when you worship a cult and eschew science in favor of feels. Let TexasLies be a lesson to you all. Study hard, eat your veggies, and don't fucking eat the lead paint.

Trump would also be out there taking questions, not walking away from the reporters.
    When was the last time he took questions? That fat dumbfuck even ran away from fox news.
    And now you'll do the same because like that loathsome cresture you can't take the heat.
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2021-08-21 at 08:30 PM.

hahah trump taking questions...hahahah

Hell he went over a year without even a presser or press secretary "taking questions"

Sorry but the unvaccinated problem is the disaster Trump and Republicans caused by not squishing conspiracies and downright supporting/spreading them. He refused to take the vaxx in public, refuses to do any public push for vaxx, refuses to assist in dissemination of the conspiracies and worse he continues to fight against all reasonable efforts to stop the spread.

This spread of conspiracies and false science spilled over into the group that has the most to fear from the govt, minorities (specifically black folks).

Gee i wonder why people are still harping on trump.

Oh and Afghanistan mess is Mostly Biden's fault. Most liberal news and newspapers are very clear and you have a lot of dems calling him out on this.

Try to find me an example of republicans and fox doing the same to Trump.

Oh btw look NYP calling Biden a Liar again on the front cover, while they never once called Trump a liar on their front page even after ten thousand confirmed lies +. you can hardly find an example of them even doing it in the stories, i sure can't
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Update to my Friday report: The numbers for Florida finally came in and I was right to put them at the top spot. 24,438 new cases. Not a record for them by any means, but still puts them in dire straights. But hey, why worry? You and your friend, the Sultans of Swing, are so far away performing your latest trick, getting money for nothing.
    I'm very sorry.

Anyway, their death numbers are starting to climb as well as their change of reporting starts to catch up. 42 for Friday, though that's likely still nowhere near reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Update to my Friday report: The numbers for Florida finally came in and I was right to put them at the top spot. 24,438 new cases. Not a record for them by any means, but still puts them in dire straights. But hey, why worry? You and your friend, the Sultans of Swing, are so far away performing your latest trick, getting money for nothing.
    I'm very sorry.
    Yeah, was just coming here to post the same. You say "not a record for them by any means", but it's still their third highest. And followed by a 22k today.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Anyway, their death numbers are starting to climb as well
    Are you talking about the real numbers or the misreported fraudulent numbers? Neither is exactly the walk of life.

Are you talking about the real numbers or the misreported fraudulent numbers? Neither is exactly the walk of life.
    Well, as I mentioned in a previous report (last week or beginning of this one...can't remember) their death numbers are so low because they changed how the numbers are reported which means getting a "real-time" picture is nigh impossible. It's not "fraudulent" per se, as they're essentially just doing what a host of other states have been doing for ages. It is, however, extremely convenient timing giving how their death totals were going before then. I can't find the article I referenced back then and I'm too lazy to go back through my own post history tonight, but I believe this one explains it a bit.

The numbers are supposed to "catch up" within a couple weeks, but until then they'll not be really representative.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    TexasLies strikes again! Nothing in your post is correct, absolutely nothing
    Mostly true, but he did get the part about Trump losing the election right. That's something.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020