1. #72381
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.businessinsider.com/mark...ate-run-2021-4

    Yo, MAGA Ken and his AR-15 want to run for Senate.

    This seems like par for the course for the Republican party, nowadays. Truly, he will understand the problems of the "common man", in his gated private community with his pink polo shirt and slacks, with all the energy of a pudgy, white Steve Erkel thinking he's Tony Montana.

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-po...-wall-ladders/

    Unsurprisingly, Trump's multi-billion dollar wall seems pretty useless still.

    Specifically, there's a $27M dollar section of it that's apparently routinely being defeated by...$5 ladders. Literally, a bunch of 2x4's and some screws for smaller pieces of wood acting as steps.

    I guess it's a lot of firewood for CBP if they ever need to resort to burning fires on a cold night.
    Not surprising, we told every single Republican on this forum that the wall would easily defeated with several different ways to defeat it, and they didn't believe us. You have rope, these $5 ladders, tunnels, climbing because we have seen people younger than teenagers climb these walls in less than 30 seconds, and this little known invention of an airplane that flies over it, where most of our illegal immigration comes from.

  2. #72382
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    22,807
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Not surprising, we told every single Republican on this forum that the wall would easily defeated with several different ways to defeat it, and they didn't believe us. You have rope, these $5 ladders, tunnels, climbing because we have seen people younger than teenagers climb these walls in less than 30 seconds, and this little known invention of an airplane that flies over it, where most of our illegal immigration comes from.
    "Clearly, the wall only didn't work because Obama Hillary AOC Biden refused to fund it and give the border guards the necessary military hardware to defend the wall from the drug-toting rapists and their tactical assault ladders!" ~ Some Trump schmuck, probably
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  3. #72383
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    "Clearly, the wall only didn't work because Obama Hillary AOC Biden refused to fund it and give the border guards the necessary military hardware to defend the wall from the drug-toting rapists and their tactical assault ladders!" ~ Some Trump schmuck, probably
    Some of them did respond by saying we should have our armed forces sent to the border to patrol on the wall and become a death squad killing anything that moves.

  4. #72384
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I mean...Miles Morales there just made my point. Thanks for that, by the way. I could stop there.
    Meh, always happy to help. Though that was more an exasperated attempt at dark/ depressing humor than anything else.

  5. #72385
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    22,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Some of them did respond by saying we should have our armed forces sent to the border to patrol on the wall and become a death squad killing anything that moves.
    It's one of the GOP's only two actionable goals in office: "Instate weak, do-nothing policy that dogwhistles to their followers and then blame the democrats for it not working."

    The other being, of course "obstruct, obfuscate and defang any and all democrat policy attempts and then blame the democrats for the policy not working as a sign that they can't govern."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  6. #72386
    Remember Trump calling out the violent leftist protests and states passing laws in order to help solve the problem of all the violent, leftist protests?

    Well, apparently, it was all bullshit as like 90%+ of cases in arrests have been dropped in many major cities.

    https://truthout.org/articles/cities...vide-evidence/

  7. #72387
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    22,807
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Remember Trump calling out the violent leftist protests and states passing laws in order to help solve the problem of all the violent, leftist protests?

    Well, apparently, it was all bullshit as like 90%+ of cases in arrests have been dropped in many major cities.

    https://truthout.org/articles/cities...vide-evidence/
    And I wonder how these dismissed cases against the "violent BLM rioters" stack up numbers-wise against the successful prosecutions of the "true patriots" who raided the capitol building on the 6th...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  8. #72388
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Remember Trump calling out the violent leftist protests and states passing laws in order to help solve the problem of all the violent, leftist protests?

    Well, apparently, it was all bullshit as like 90%+ of cases in arrests have been dropped in many major cities.

    https://truthout.org/articles/cities...vide-evidence/
    Honestly, that should trigger investigations of every department and every officer involved in those arrests. Shit happens sometimes, maybe the cops made a mistake (still fucked up, but whatever) and drop the charges every once in a while. But 93-100% of arrests leading to charges being dropped? That's evidence of widespread problems within every one of those departments, and is a pretty explicit example of authoritarian police behavior.

  9. #72389
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    28,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I caught that Val Demmings clip with Jordan finally. Gym is such a pathetic piece of shit. Nadler is admonishing him for interrupting, saying you can’t do that when another member has the floor and what does Gym do? “I agree!” Which is so fucking contradictory considering he’s INTERRUPTING the fucking chair. God I hope Beavis and Butthead get gone sooner rather than later.
    When Republican districts sends their people, they're not sending their best. They're sending people that have a lot of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing people who willfully ignore sexual abuse. They're bringing sex traffickers and gun nuts. They're QAnon morons. And some, I assume, are good people.

  10. #72390
    Almost every nation on Earth has fallen under the yoke of tyranny...of the metric system
    -- seconds later, uses the term "KYE-low-grams". No, really, you have to see this shit
    WTF hahah. Was that segment for real? Granted I don't watch Fox news, but that segment seemed almost like a parody of what I'd consider Fox News to be.

  11. #72391
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    28,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    WTF hahah. Was that segment for real? Granted I don't watch Fox news, but that segment seemed almost like a parody of what I'd consider Fox News to be.
    OH THE HORROR! Measuring things in powers of 10!

  12. #72392
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    22,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Honestly, that should trigger investigations of every department and every officer involved in those arrests. Shit happens sometimes, maybe the cops made a mistake (still fucked up, but whatever) and drop the charges every once in a while. But 93-100% of arrests leading to charges being dropped? That's evidence of widespread problems within every one of those departments, and is a pretty explicit example of authoritarian police behavior.
    It's not an immediately related thing, but I'm hoping that the federal probe into the Minneapolis police department sets a precedent for investigations into other departments, including the ones involved in mass-arresting people related to the BLM protests. Especially the goon squad blackbagging that was going on for a while there.


    ...And just a casual reminder for anyone around here still harping on the "But is Biden/the democrats that different from Trump/The republicans?!" train, but it's worth noting that this probe is something that would never have happened under a Trump presidency. Trump would probably have tweeted about the "injustice" done to the police officer, rile up his followers into attempting to kidnap some elected official or somesuch, and then ordering or generally hampering or affecting a cease and desist into any federal probe follow-up.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  13. #72393
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    WTF hahah. Was that segment for real? Granted I don't watch Fox news, but that segment seemed almost like a parody of what I'd consider Fox News to be.
    Worth noting this is from 2019, a very "different" time when Tucker Carlson wasn't losing his mind live on national TV.

  14. #72394
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    OH THE HORROR! Measuring things in powers of 10!
    MY GOD!!!!!!! A system of measurement that is measured by the power of 10! What Commie bastard invented that system of measurement. Us real God fearing, red blooded Americans use a God damn patriotic Bald Eagle flying overhead form of measurement that makes no God damn sense except to Patriots. What self respecting Socialism hating Patriot doesn't understand that 12 in go into a foot and 3 feet go into a yard and that 5,280 ft go into a mile. It ain't rocket science people, unless you are God damn Socialism loving Commie!

  15. #72395
    The Lightbringer Pannonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    3,050
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    MY GOD!!!!!!! A system of measurement that is measured by the power of 10! What Commie bastard invented that system of measurement. Us real God fearing, red blooded Americans use a God damn patriotic Bald Eagle flying overhead form of measurement that makes no God damn sense except to Patriots. What self respecting Socialism hating Patriot doesn't understand that 12 in go into a foot and 3 feet go into a yard and that 5,280 ft go into a mile. It ain't rocket science people, unless you are God damn Socialism loving Commie!
    To be completely frank (and while i prefer the decimal system, as i've grown up with it) i don't think "one size fits all" in this case. For science and calculations, yeah, sure, no contest, but there are other things:

    Take currency. I'd actually prefer the (old) english system that is divisble by 3, because it happens much more often that i have to split currency in 3 parts than in 10. This is just a minor issue, but i prefer not to show that much disdain for the imperial system, as it has its advantages, and just thumping on your chest because "metric > all" is not much different from "bruh, learn to uise correct measurements here in america!!! we use imperial!!"

  16. #72396
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    WTF hahah. Was that segment for real? Granted I don't watch Fox news, but that segment seemed almost like a parody of what I'd consider Fox News to be.
    Sometimes I have the feeling that some years ago I fell into a black hole that sent me into a alternate universe where reality is all a comedy sketch.



    But then I realize ...no ,this is the actually the world we live in.

    ]Take currency. I'd actually prefer the (old) english system that is divisble by 3, because it happens much more often that i have to split currency in 3 parts than in 10. This is just a minor issue, but i prefer not to show that much disdain for the imperial system, as it has its advantages, and just thumping on your chest because "metric > all" is not much different from "bruh, learn to uise correct measurements here in america!!! we use imperial!!"
    Umm....currencies are not part of the metric system......you got meters and kilograms and joules and watts and candels and volts.....currencies are nowhere to be found or defined in the metric system anywhere.

    But even if you made the misttake of talking about currencies when you are really talking about expressing a numeration on potencies of 10 ( wich given that we use a base 10 numeration is the logical thing because we homo sapiens have 10 fingers in the hands and that make 10 the intuitive reference) it makes it divisible by 2 and 5 too that are way more common than 3.
    Last edited by PrimiOne; 2021-04-22 at 08:50 AM.

  17. #72397
    The Lightbringer Pannonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    3,050
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    Sometimes I have the feeling that some years ago I fell into a black hole that sent me into a alternate universe where reality is all a comedy sketch.



    But then I realize ...no ,this is the actually the world we live in.



    Umm....currencies are not part of the metric system......you got meters and kilograms and joules and watts and candels and volts.....currencies are nowhere to be found or defined in the metric system anywhere.

    But even if you made the misttake of talking about currencies when you are really talking about expressing a numeration on potencies of 10 ( wich given that we use a base 10 numeration is the logical thing) it makes it divisible by 2 and 5 too that are way more common than 3.
    ehm... every SI unit is metric, but not every metric unit is SI. The british currency was changed to metric a few decades ago. That's what i was talking about. Maybe it's a language problem? In my language metric (metrisch) describes any system based on the potency of 10, not exclusive SI units. Also, the currency i'm talking about stems from weigh measurements (pounds...) and is therefore part of the SI system (or at least its sucessor) so it makes sense to compare it with SI.

    And sorry to say, you're wrong. The old english system was 1 pound = 240 pence. 240 is divsible by 2,3,4,5,6,8 and 10 - compared to 1 pound = 100 pence, which only works for 2,4,5 and 10. And in day to day transactions where i try to use my brain instead of a calculator, i think that's more practical. I don't say that makes the metric system (or systems based on 10) bad, but it's not perfect in every case.

    That's what i meant.
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2021-04-22 at 08:57 AM.

  18. #72398
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Maybe it's a language problem? In my language metric (metrisch) describes any system based on the potency of 10, not exclusive SI units. A .
    I obviously don't know every language in the planet but what you are describing is called ( in English) a decimalised system not a metric system that is a system of measurement based on the meter ( from the french metre -> metric)

  19. #72399
    The Lightbringer Pannonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    3,050
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    I obviously don't know every language in the planet but what you are describing is called ( in English) a decimalised system not a metric system that is a system of measurement based on the meter ( from the french metre -> metric)
    Well, thanks for clearing that up, will remember this in the future, but my point still somewhat stands, as the argument often goes that non-decimalised systems (see the original post i quoted) are arachaic and illogical, which in the case of currency, i would at least doubt.

    Edit: Of course you're right, but are you sure it is used that way in the public discourse? Do people really use metric system to strictly speak about measurements of length, and exclude weight and volume? Because afaik in the public discourse metric is somewhat (and ignorantly) used to differentiate between imperial measurements and... decimal (?) measurements?

    Edit2: German Wikipedia uses Metrisches System for all - weight, volume, length, light etc. Sometimes i hate language an what people do with it.

    Edit3: Even english wikipedia includes weight, light, presssure, viscosity in "metric system" - so that's also somewhat contrarian: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_system

    Edit4: Its getting even worse: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_units#Mass metric units that are not SI. Now i'm totally confused, but maybe i should stop this debate about definitions, and go back to my original point:

    Not every system based on 10 is superior to other systems - see currency.
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2021-04-22 at 09:19 AM.

  20. #72400
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Well, thanks for clearing that up, will remember this in the future, but my point still somewhat stands, as the argument often goes that non-decimalised systems (see the original post i quoted) are arachaic and illogical, which in the case of currency, i would at least doubt.
    I.... don't really know. I still disagree. As I said ( it was edited while you were posting,sorry for that) we humans have 10 fingers. It's not random we use a base 10 numeration ( a numeration with 10 symbols) because it's extremely intuitive for us.

    Sure having more integers divisors comes in handy but what about the multiplication?. In "your" system: how much pences are 17 pounds? 17 x240? It's intuitive?
    Because in a decimalised system its trivial, you don't even have to think about it: 17 x 100 = 1700.

    There's a strong reason the metric sytem and the decimalised system of currencies have spread all across the planet and it's not Carlson's tyranny nor a communist plot ( and I don't say you support this idea: it's the Fox news clown).


    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Edit: Of course you're right, but are you sure it is used that way in the public discourse? Do people really use metric system to strictly speak about measurements of length, and exclude weight and volume? Because afaik in the public discourse metric is somewhat (and ignorantly) used to differentiate between imperial measurements and... decimal (?) measurements?
    No,no ,let's not confuse the term. The metric system is called like that because the meter was the first defined measurement and all related measurements that indicates distance are based on it.

    1 candela ( the SI unit for light intensity) is defined as 1 joule ( energy) per square meter (surface)

    A metric system ( and the specific SI) defines units for every measurable concept not just distance , yeah volumen, energy, acceleration,weight,light intensity,electric intensity....
    Last edited by PrimiOne; 2021-04-22 at 09:32 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •