10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Or, if things get ultra dumb... the "state of emergency" plea for money.
    Let's talk about DeSantis and the state of emergency he hasn't declared, despite hundreds dying per day (like, 20 Afghan bombings per day).

We've discussed the term "sunk cost fallacy" before. DeSantis is being especially fallic. He's declared that his state is doing so well, Biden should make the rest of the country follow his design.

No, really.

You know, he said he was going to end COVID. He hasn’t done that. We are the first state to start the treatment centers for monoclonal antibodies. We're having great success with that. That should have been a bigger plan, a bigger part of this whole response throughout the country from the beginning. At the end of the day, he is trying to find a way to distract from the failures of his presidency
    -- DeSantis, governor of the dyingist state in the country

Again, if these monoclonal antibodies are doing such a great job, either (a) why aren't their numbers better or (b) how fucking bad would they be without them?

Also, why not just get the vaccine?

Also also, does DeSantis not realize he's losing hundreds of people per day? Isn't what he's saying now the same distraction he's blaming ah fuck it.

Anyhow, DeSantis hasn't declared a state of emergency yet, and is yelling "ALL IS WELL" at the top of his lungs. Plus, lying about the numbers. Meanwhile as everyone's pointed out, Florida is running out of people, supplies, and beds, and everyone's dying.

So he has two choices.

He could declare a state of emergency, which in turn immediately negates the gaslighting he's been doing so poorly but the rabid fanbase have chosen to believe it on the way to the makeshift morgue

Or!

He could continue the path he's chosen and lie, deflect, and deny to anyone who manages to survive.

Which will work?

Well, that probably depends on when there's a massive outbreak in red districts, probably involving churches or schools. If DeSantis knows for a fact he'll lose re-election no matter what, because his actions killed that many people, he'll probably allow the rest of his staff to pad their resume and let them do their civic duty. Until then, he's shown no signs of humanity or remorse, and will continue to fight mask mandates and block federal aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Let's talk about DeSantis and the state of emergency he hasn't declared, despite hundreds dying per day (like, 20 Afghan bombings per day).

We've discussed the term "sunk cost fallacy" before. DeSantis is being especially fallic. He's declared that his state is doing so well, Biden should make the rest of the country follow his design.

No, really.

-- DeSantis, governor of the dyingist state in the country

Again, if these monoclonal antibodies are doing such a great job, either (a) why aren't their numbers better or (b) how fucking bad would they be without them?

Also, why not just get the vaccine?

Also also, does DeSantis not realize he's losing hundreds of people per day? Isn't what he's saying now the same distraction he's blaming ah fuck it.

Anyhow, DeSantis hasn't declared a state of emergency yet, and is yelling "ALL IS WELL" at the top of his lungs. Plus, lying about the numbers. Meanwhile as everyone's pointed out, Florida is running out of people, supplies, and beds, and everyone's dying.

So he has two choices.

He could declare a state of emergency, which in turn immediately negates the gaslighting he's been doing so poorly but the rabid fanbase have chosen to believe it on the way to the makeshift morgue

Or!

He could continue the path he's chosen and lie, deflect, and deny to anyone who manages to survive.

Which will work?

Well, that probably depends on when there's a massive outbreak in red districts, probably involving churches or schools. If DeSantis knows for a fact he'll lose re-election no matter what, because his actions killed that many people, he'll probably allow the rest of his staff to pad their resume and let them do their civic duty. Until then, he's shown no signs of humanity or remorse, and will continue to fight mask mandates and block federal aid.
    I think the more likely path forward for Florida, is to simply increase their Medicare burden. It can be "hidden" from the view of most people, and will push the blame away from him.

Make no mistake, DeSantis is a fucking rotten piece of shit.

Sadly, as we've seen, that's exactly who Floridians like to elect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe stop using this "statistic"? The fact that you're ignoring the 90+ Afghans who, you know, also died in the bombing is a bit cringe-worthy.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I work with seniors in my area and another one died from covid last night. Die hard Trumper. Everything you've read about these folks regarding conspiracies, etc... that was him. I know covid is killing plenty of people that don't vote or may vote dem, but just based on my personal experience it's killing republican voters at a significantly higher rate. The GOP is losing voters daily from something that was preventable.

If Trump had taken a different position on this from the start I have no doubt that people like this senior man would have been vaccinated and not anti-mask and anti-everything-the-left-does. There is zero doubt in my mind that Trump is personally responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Maybe stop using this "statistic"? The fact that you're ignoring the 90+ Afghans who, you know, also died in the bombing is a bit cringe-worthy.
    I think that's kind of the point, actually. That the same people who are all up in arms and furious about this bombing (who only care about the Americans killed, naturally) are ignoring the deaths from Covid that are several times that, daily.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2021-08-27 at 08:18 PM.

https://www.salon.com/2021/08/27/lau...reporting-fec/

Lauren Boebert doesn't seem smart.

They want to come against me for legitimate expenses, go ahead. I am doing the work of the people. I had to make those connections. And really, I under-reported a lot of stuff.
    Uh...isn't under-reporting campaign finances a crime? Kinda like under-reporting your income to the IRS?

Oh please. Look at all the righties getting upset over words.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Oh please. Look at all the righties getting upset over words.
    Are you claiming Phaelix is a "rightie"? Because that's wrong. If, however, you're saying that people on the right going ballistic over those deaths is justification for Breccia using hyperbole here I might be more inclined to agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I think that's kind of the point, actually. That the same people who are all up in arms and furious about this bombing (who only care about the Americans killed, naturally) are ignoring that deaths from Covid that are several times that, daily.
    Just because they ignore the deaths of the "brown-skinned people" doesn't mean that we should. Those Afghans were innocent victims, too.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post

$5.6k a week is... 5.6k x 52 = around $290k a year. Ok only a quarter million, but still in the right ball park. $10k a week is over a half a million a year.

The downside? Maintaining this level of intensity over 6 months or a year is very non-trivial.
    Hell you could work for 3-6 months then take the rest of the year off
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I think the more likely path forward for Florida, is to simply increase their Medicare burden. It can be "hidden" from the view of most people, and will push the blame away from him.
    Such an increase needs to be shoved in his face at the next debate. Label him as "the Welfare Governor"

It's mostly done to shove the death toll in the face of those calling for Biden to resign after the bombing, by putting the number in their context. @DarkTZeratul is correct.

But you're right -- that's pretty heartless of me. I'll stop, and I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Are you claiming Phaelix is a "rightie"? Because that's wrong. If, however, you're saying that people on the right going ballistic over those deaths is justification for Breccia using hyperbole here I might be more inclined to agree.
    The latter. Since trump, says it like it is deal with it, left office righties have their panties in knots and pearls clutched so hard acting as if they are actually offended these days.

Such an increase needs to be shoved in his face at the next debate. Label him as "the Welfare Governor"

It's mostly done to shove the death toll in the face of those calling for Biden to resign after the bombing, by putting the number in their context. @DarkTZeratul is correct.

But you're right -- that's pretty heartless of me. I'll stop, and I apologize.
    Exactly.

Call him a big-government welfare queen. Make it the primary talking point of all his future campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Hell you could work for 3-6 months then take the rest of the year off
    Umm... I don't know. If I were a nurse I don't think I could just up and leave until things were more or less under control.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is after some Florida cities have cut back on water treatment oxygen. Even that isn't enough. Why are their deaths so low, again? Oh, right, the blatant lying.
    and that makes me wonder if we'll start seeing spikes in diseases you only see when water treatment fails
    ..which would also need the ICU beds that are full....

well giardiasis shit.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Just because they ignore the deaths of the "brown-skinned people" doesn't mean that we should. Those Afghans were innocent victims, too.
    Some were, some were not. Reportedly around 30 was Taliban. They are plenty of things, but innocent or victim isn't one of those things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey @Benggaul

A group of parents sued DeSantis over his mask ban ban and won.

Leon County Circuit Judge John Cooper ruled in favor of a group of parents who sued DeSantis over his executive order, arguing it was unconstitutional. He ruled the order is “without legal authority” and is by definition “arbitrary” and “capricious.”

Cooper issued an injunction stopping the Department of Education from taking any action against local districts that require masks in schools without a parental opt-out.
    Not just the Kings of Leon district. They can all do this.

- - - Updated - - -

We'll see how far this goes. The House Murderous Insurrection Panel has asked social media platforms to turn over the records of the murderous insurrectionists.

I expect the tech giants not to comply, not because they're shielding murderous insurrectionists, but because they'll want to publicly resist what seems to be a slippery slope.

Just got home from work to see that Florida has, again, set a new record for new cases. 27,584. I'm sure their 8 reported deaths is really representative of reality.

But hey, it's okay! They've got those monoclonal antibody centers set up everywhere right? Oh, except not everyone is eligible for them and they're already maxed out anyway.

Fuck DeathSantis and Florida.

- - - Updated - - -

Saw that, and am hoping it's used as ammo against mask mandate bans nation-wide. But I'm betting it'll still be bogged down in endless appeals. Meanwhile, hopefully enough schools flip off governors Abbott, DeathSantis et al and institute mask mandates regardless.

Hey @Benggaul

A group of parents sued DeSantis over his mask ban ban and won.

Not just the Kings of Leon district. They can all do this.

- - - Updated - - -

We'll see how far this goes. The House Murderous Insurrection Panel has asked social media platforms to turn over the records of the murderous insurrectionists.

I expect the tech giants not to comply, not because they're shielding murderous insurrectionists, but because they'll want to publicly resist what seems to be a slippery slope.
    They might publicly resist but they will privately comply. Nothing scares tech giants more then the threat of government intervention in their business and "you shielded murderous insurrectionists so we need to regulate you more" is the last thing they want to hear.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    They might publicly resist but they will privately comply. Nothing scares tech giants more then the threat of government intervention in their business and "you shielded murderous insurrectionists so we need to regulate you more" is the last thing they want to hear.
    Yep. Look at the video game industry and the ESRB or the music/movie industry with their rating system. All were because they were afraid the government was going to come in and regulate what kind of content there was.