1. #72501
    The Unstoppable Force Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    23,573
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    <looks around, puzzled>

    You talkin' to me?

    Because, "dood", I'm at a loss to understand what point you're even trying to make here. But I'll point out a few things:
    • The current exponential rise really started to go up in early March, and has now been going on, unabated, for a month and a half. But seriously...
    • ...whether or not the current exponential rise in India is attributable to a festival makes no difference to the observable fact that there is an exponential rise in India. It's simply immaterial to my post because...
    • ...I never even attempted to state a reason for the recent exponential rise. Furthermore...
    • ...nothing in what I said suggested that India deserved for this exponential rise to happen. And speaking of things that don't make sense...
    • ...what the fuck is a "meme shortcut"? The graph is legitimate and was up-to-date at the time of posting. Are you implying that the graph was a lie? Are you implying that I was attempting to mislead people with factual data? Or do you just not understand the difference between facts and memes? You sure seem to be dancing around on strings of your own making, which is amusing, because...
    • ..."Puppet"? Ell-oh-ell...

    The point is that in India, currently, regardless of the reason why, the other shoe is dropping, as things are worse now than they've been since the beginning of the pandemic. If things continue as they have been for the last month and a half, it's going to get absolutely brutal in India, which is something people have been worried about since the beginning simply because of how densely populated the cities are. Those conditions are ripe for a pandemic to burn through the population like wildfire.

    And I think we all hope the current exponential rise is brought to a halt before the worst happens.
    Yet you posted one rise and the US had how many by now?
    Half of the republican voters dont even want a shot according to polls.

    And no, it's not how densely populated it is. Look up Singapore?
    India is basically a third world country, shit will happen no doubt about however that is not a reason to simplify it as 'dense population'.

    It comes down to means to combat that epidemic and that is (in short) about: wealth, information, access to vaccine(again either wealth or strategic importance, or partners), religion (both republicans and India comes to mind), etc etc.
    Fox News Media is proud of our 2020 election coverage, which stands in the highest tradition of American journalism, and we will vigorously defend against this baseless lawsuit in court," the media company said in its response.
    Equally outrageously hilarious as sad

  2. #72502
    It's late, but just as pointless; it's the Sunday quick report:

    51,507 new cases; 312 deaths, bringing the total to 581,080. Both down from the previous Sunday.

    Stay safe, folks.

  3. #72503
    I am Murloc! PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    5,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Yet you posted one rise and the US had how many by now?
    Half of the republican voters dont even want a shot according to polls.

    And no, it's not how densely populated it is. Look up Singapore?
    India is basically a third world country, shit will happen no doubt about however that is not a reason to simplify it as 'dense population'.

    It comes down to means to combat that epidemic and that is (in short) about: wealth, information, access to vaccine(again either wealth or strategic importance, or partners), religion (both republicans and India comes to mind), etc etc.
    You need to get a grip.

    My initial post was in response to the fact that the US was at 1/6 the world's deaths from COVID, and the claim that we were moving towards 1/4.

    And yet my post said nothing about the US response being somehow better than India's. The simple truth is that the US could be twice as bad as India's, but India's population is four times that of the US, which means that the US proportion of deaths is going to go down if the situation in India isn't turned around.

    And Singapore was able to get control and maintain control on the pandemic; India has not been able to, thus far. Also, Mumbai and Delhi by themselves dwarf Singapore, and the health care infrastructure is vastly different, as well.

    I'm still not really sure what your point is, nor why you're being so weirdly combative.

    EDIT: This really doesn't belong in this thread, anyway. I don't think I'll respond to this tangent further.


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  4. #72504
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    20,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'm not asking you to replace "Fuck Florida" because that stopped being funny around oh wait it's still funny.

    But what's the term here? Y'all know my feelings about the split between Whitmer and her maskphobic contrarian nonvoters demanding her removal while begging to get sick and die, making "failed their Constitution saves" the best pun ever ever shut up yes it is. So what variant of "Fuck Florida" applies here?

    Anyhow, Ivanka and her creepy perv father are now both vaccinated so make sure any of you with Trump supporter mask deniers still in your friends list, make sure you post that where they can see it. My relatives in Alabama have gone quiet and it's as welcome as it is hilarious.
    Michigan: fucking trolls. (inside joke)(most michiganders live under a bridge)
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2021-04-20 at 12:20 AM.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  5. #72505
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    31,282
    Not sure if this is the right place, but there isn't a terrific spot for any upcoming political "retirements".

    GOP Rep. Steve Stivers resigns to run Ohio Commerce Chamber. That's about as close to "spend more time with his family" as you can get. He's the Campaign Chair for the House GOP, and was a top contender for the Senate seat in 2022.

    Wonder what he plead down to or hopes doesn't come out?

  6. #72506
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Wonder what he plead down to or hopes doesn't come out?
    Quite possible he sees the shitstorm of the GOP/Trump infighting ahead and wants to "nope" out of that entirely before it starts landing on his desk. Like, ditch the stressful political gig for a much cushier lobbying gig that probably pays way better too.

  7. #72507
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    31,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Quite possible he sees the shitstorm of the GOP/Trump infighting ahead and wants to "nope" out of that entirely before it starts landing on his desk. Like, ditch the stressful political gig for a much cushier lobbying gig that probably pays way better too.
    Well that's a fucking reasonable response - what the hell?

    Yeah, that makes sense. I sure wouldn't want to deal with any of the coming storm if I could avoid it.

  8. #72508
    Monday's quick report:

    51,650 new cases, 488 deaths, bringing the total to 581,542. Again, both lower than last week.

    Stay safe, folks.

  9. #72509
    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...-detector-fine

    Add another Republican that can't be bothered to listen to the police and apparently doesn't understand metal detectors.

    Man, if these folks are just desperate to give up their salaries to pay these fines like...I'm fine with it. Metal detectors aren't much of an impediment, I imagine they all fly when traveling to and from DC back to their districts, so they have experience with them.

  10. #72510
    White Republican lawmakers failing to comply and pushing police officers....but what do those same folks and their constituents say when a cop kills someone?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

  11. #72511
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    31,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    what do those same folks and their constituents say when a cop kills someone?
    When a rich white Republican doesn't follow police instructions, he doesn't get shot and killed. The hypocrisy is overwhelming. Imagine if this was the case:

    "My fellow Bumblfuckians, I tell you the unarmed African-American should have complied with the police without hesitation! It is the victim's fault for being shot and killed for [insert misdemeanor here]! Now, I shall return to Congress to pass a bill to protect the police that were forced to use lethal--"
    "Sir, you'll have to empty your pockets and let me wand you."
    "I will do no such thing!"
    "Well, okay." *BLAM*

  12. #72512
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    31,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    When a rich white Republican doesn't follow police instructions, he doesn't get shot and killed. The hypocrisy is overwhelming. Imagine if this was the case:

    "My fellow Bumblfuckians, I tell you the unarmed African-American should have complied with the police without hesitation! It is the victim's fault for being shot and killed for [insert misdemeanor here]! Now, I shall return to Congress to pass a bill to protect the police that were forced to use lethal--"
    "Sir, you'll have to empty your pockets and let me wand you."
    "I will do no such thing!"
    "Well, okay." *BLAM*
    And we had an absolutely blatant example of this, in Minnesota - juxtaposing Floyd, who was murdered while handcuffed, and the young man who was recently murdered for having an air freshener in his car - with this:

    A 61-year-old Minnesota man was arrested after police say he attacked a retail worker with a piece of lumber before dragging a cop with his truck, then bashing that officer with a hammer.

    All that from the white suspect, not shot, not shot at, just arrested and detained. If he'd been black, he'd of been dead, and everyone would have been nodding their heads that it was justified.

    Not. A. Single. Shot. Fired.

    The only question right now is how we fix this blatant racism found within the police forces of the United States.

  13. #72513
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only question right now is how we fix this blatant racism found within the police forces of the United States.
    Didn't listen to officers, fled the scene, rammed into patrol cars, assaulted and potentially could have killed officers.

    Man, he really did do something white.

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://www.reuters.com/business/fox...nt-2021-04-20/

    Taiwanese contract electronics manufacturer Foxconn Technology Co Ltd (2354.TW) will dramatically scale back its planned investment in an initially planned $10 billion Wisconsin plant, under an agreement announced with the state on Tuesday.

    The investment was first announced to great fanfare at the White House in July 2017, when Donald Trump was president.

    Wisconsin will reduce its tax credits authorized for the project from $2.85 billion to $80 million as Foxconn reduces its planned investment from $10 billion to $672 million and cuts the number of jobs planned from 13,000 to 1,454, Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers said in a statement.
    Everything Trump touches, dies.

    I mean, this was a painfully predictable sequence of events that has played out elsewhere, and you had legions of people predicting this exact sequence of events once more.

    It seems the only people who may be surprised are the likes of Scott Walker, Trump, and other Republicans. Glad that given the considerably smaller investment and massive reduction in jobs, that taxpayers are being asked to foot a lot less of the bill.

    I eagerly await the next phase of this.

  14. #72514
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    31,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Everything Trump touches, dies.
    Just to remind everyone: the con job st--

    "FOXCONN job."

    Evidence suggests I was right the first time. Anyhow, we've had updates every year and those updates were always "they're doing less than they promised". This was not "Biden became President so they stopped". This was "they never did anything and are only now making it official". Blaming Biden for this is disingenuous.

  15. #72515

  16. #72516
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Jesus fucking christ. Imagine having this little self-awareness . . .

    https://www.rawstory.com/kayleigh-mc...derek-chauvin/
    Yep, she didn't say that to her former boss, throughout her whole time as press secretary. Including commenting on cases before they were in trial and whatnot. Because Trump, incorrectly weighed in on the Kyle Rittenhouse situation.

  17. #72517
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Jesus fucking christ. Imagine having this little self-awareness . . .

    https://www.rawstory.com/kayleigh-mc...derek-chauvin/
    Considering its the opposite of what Biden did lmao. Biden literally played it how any politician worth their salt would. He waited at the correct times, he did not try to defend the criminal. He did not try to voice out what his opinion on the possible verdict was, if you notice he careful simply said: "i hope the correct verdict is reached", that literally means nothing. It means something different for anyone that reads it.

    Then his speech after the verdict is the opposite of inflammatory, unless you think black people should be killed at will.

  18. #72518
    Scarab Lord Poopymonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    4,798
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Considering its the opposite of what Biden did lmao. Biden literally played it how any politician worth their salt would. He waited at the correct times, he did not try to defend the criminal. He did not try to voice out what his opinion on the possible verdict was, if you notice he careful simply said: "i hope the correct verdict is reached", that literally means nothing. It means something different for anyone that reads it.

    Then his speech after the verdict is the opposite of inflammatory, unless you think black people should be killed at will.
    It seems like some people think losing a game of Simon Says is a death worthy offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

  19. #72519
    https://www.businessinsider.com/mark...ate-run-2021-4

    Yo, MAGA Ken and his AR-15 want to run for Senate.

    This seems like par for the course for the Republican party, nowadays. Truly, he will understand the problems of the "common man", in his gated private community with his pink polo shirt and slacks, with all the energy of a pudgy, white Steve Erkel thinking he's Tony Montana.

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-po...-wall-ladders/

    Unsurprisingly, Trump's multi-billion dollar wall seems pretty useless still.

    Specifically, there's a $27M dollar section of it that's apparently routinely being defeated by...$5 ladders. Literally, a bunch of 2x4's and some screws for smaller pieces of wood acting as steps.

    I guess it's a lot of firewood for CBP if they ever need to resort to burning fires on a cold night.

  20. #72520
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Specifically, there's a $27M dollar section of it that's apparently routinely being defeated by...$5 ladders. Literally, a bunch of 2x4's and some screws for smaller pieces of wood acting as steps.
    Man, if only someone could have foreseen this. And not just some schmuck on the street, but someone high up in Trump's administration! Like, at the very top! If someone like that had known this could happen, surely precautions would have been taken, right?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •