(chick-chick)

Judge orders release of Trump obstruction memo, accuses Barr of being 'disingenuous'

Boom.

A federal judge has ordered the Department of Justice (DOJ) to release a March 2019 legal memo clearing former President Trump of potential obstruction of justice charges in the wake of the Mueller investigation, with the judge accusing former Attorney General William Barr and agency lawyers of deceiving the public.

District Judge Amy Berman Jackson on Monday ordered the DOJ to release the legal memo within two weeks in response to a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit filed by the liberal watchdog group Citizens for Ethics and Responsibility in Washington (CREW).

The DOJ had argued in court that the full memo — portions of which have already been released — should be withheld because it falls under exceptions to the public records law for attorney-client privilege and deliberative government decisionmaking.

But Jackson said on Monday that those claims were not consistent with her own review of the unredacted memo or the timeline revealed by internal emails among top Justice Department officials.

Jackson, who was appointed to the federal district court in Washington, D.C., by former President Obama, wrote in a scathing 41-page decision that "not only was the Attorney General being disingenuous then, but DOJ has been disingenuous to this Court with respect to the existence of a decision-making process that should be shielded by the deliberative process privilege."

"The agency’s redactions and incomplete explanations obfuscate the true purpose of the memorandum, and the excised portions belie the notion that it fell to the Attorney General to make a prosecution decision or that any such decision was on the table at any time," she added.

CREW filed its lawsuit in May 2019 seeking internal DOJ documents regarding Barr's public statements around the release of the Mueller report. During the Trump administration, the Justice Department fought back vigorously against the lawsuit, but it's unclear how the agency intends to handle the case in the wake of the decision, which can be appealed.

It's crazy to think that that was just 2 years ago. The 4 years of Trump visibly aged me more than the previous 20 combined. Fucking white beard hairs...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's crazy to think that that was just 2 years ago.
    Hopefully, it will seem like 7 to 10 years, with good behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hopefully, it will seem like 7 to 10 years, with good behavior.
    Pretty sure obstructing congress is a max of 5 years.

Pretty sure obstructing congress is a max of 5 years.
    I won't pretend to know the ins and outs, but, Clinton was impeached for lying to Congress. I would like to believe, therefore, that lying about why you're obstructing Congress is itself a crime.

But I honestly don't know. I just want to skip to the part where we have proof Trump ran the WH mafia.

- - - Updated - - -

WAIT WAIT! I forgot this part!

On March 24, 2019, Barr sent a four-page letter to Congress purportedly summarizing the conclusions of the investigation that had just recently been concluded by then-special counsel Robert Mueller into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election. Barr was later widely criticized for spinning the investigation's findings—which would not be made public for another three weeks—in a way that cast Trump in a positive light.

In his letter to Congress, Barr said that he had determined after consulting with the OLC that the facts of the investigation did not support bringing obstruction of justice charges against the president, regardless of what the office had previously said about whether such a prosecution would be constitutional.
    Barr lied when he said "Mueller said don't file charges".

That's not just obstruction for Barr. That's a step towards handcuffs for Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

OMG there's more more.

The inconsistencies between Attorney General Barr’s statements, made at a time when the public did not have access to the redacted version of the Mueller Report to assess the veracity of his statements, and portions of the redacted version of the Mueller Report that conflict with those statements cause the Court to seriously question whether Attorney General Barr made a calculated attempt to influence public discourse about the Mueller Report in favor of President Trump despite certain findings in the redacted version of the Mueller Report to the contrary.

These circumstances generally, and Attorney General Barr’s lack of candor specifically, call into question Attorney General Barr’s credibility
    That's from a ruling in a related case last year.

Elemental Lord KuerbisgeschmackShake's Avatar
    The totally normal Senior senator from Tennessee pops in to NewMAX.

After 5 minutes of temporary blindness, I'm able to post again.

It's like Trump walked into a salon and said, "Give me the Dark Helmet".

Would ya look at the size of that ...
    It’s a virtual planetoid and it has it’s own weather system!
    Looks like an orange on a toothpick!

UPDATE:

I think she's got real problems. I've had it with ... I've had it with her. You know, I've lost confidence. ... Well, someone just has to bring a motion, but I assume that will probably take place.
    -- McCarthy, also on FOX News

"Whoa! He said that during the interview?"

Nope. Said the quiet part out loud on a hot mic. Did not say "grab them by the pussy" tho.

So, yeah, McCarthy is trying to get Cheney evicted for not being a Trumper. I would love to see the "legal: reason for throwing her out of Congress. Especially with recent revelations about Barr lying under oath about Trump being guilty of obstructing justice.

UPDATE:

-- McCarthy, also on FOX News

"Whoa! He said that during the interview?"

Nope. Said the quiet part out loud on a hot mic. Did not say "grab them by the pussy" tho.

So, yeah, McCarthy is trying to get Cheney evicted for not being a Trumper. I would love to see the "legal: reason for throwing her out of Congress. Especially with recent revelations about Barr lying under oath about Trump being guilty of obstructing justice.
    They don't need a legal reason, but I don't think they're going to expel her. Just remove her from her leadership positions. It'd take 2/3 of the house to get rid of her.

They don't need a legal reason, but I don't think they're going to expel her. Just remove her from her leadership positions.
    So they can remove her from leadership for no reason at all.

...I despise that, but sadly, it sounds accurate.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...r-facebook-ban

TRUMP LAUNCHES NEW SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM AFTER HIS BAN FROM SOCIAL MEDIA!!!

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/desk

It's a blog. Literally, that's it. He reinvented links.net from the mid-90's y'all.

So they can remove her from leadership for no reason at all.

...I despise that, but sadly, it sounds accurate.
    Wanna know the most common reason for expulsion? Supporting rebellion...

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's a blog.
    So...that big tease I linked earlier was "I'm going to start Live Journal?"

I love this letdown so much I want to have sex with Graham's wife.

So...that big tease I linked earlier was "I'm going to start Live Journal?"

I love this letdown so much I want to have sex with Graham's wife.
    Jebaited (where does that even come from originally?)

I bet his supporters are pretty bummed they can't even interact. It doesn't even look like the "like" button (I assume that's what the heart is) works, kek.

I bet his supporters are pretty bummed they can't even interact. It doesn't even look like the "like" button (I assume that's what the heart is) works, kek.
    According to Know Your Meme it’s derived from Alex Jebailey.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...r-facebook-ban

TRUMP LAUNCHES NEW SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM AFTER HIS BAN FROM SOCIAL MEDIA!!!

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/desk

It's a blog. Literally, that's it. He reinvented links.net from the mid-90's y'all.
    Wonder how much this revolutionary site cost?

Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    And how long it'll last. XD

I bet his supporters are pretty bummed they can't even interact.
    Wait, they can't? Even the comments under FOX News articles talk to each other.

I like the post where he tries to redefine “the big lie” to be the true results of the election and not his bullshit. So fucking funny. And I’m sure the like button is top priority for the next patch... the whole reason for the site is so he can feel loved again.

Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    Hey, at least it's live.

My Pillow guy has spent at least $1M on "Frank" and that shit still ain't live - https://www.newsweek.com/mypillows-m...itches-1588270

Hey, at least it's live.

My Pillow guy has spent at least $1M on "Frank" and that shit still ain't live - https://www.newsweek.com/mypillows-m...itches-1588270
    MyPillow guy spending 1M$ on Frank and not being satisfied could be taken in a couple different ways...