Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...ay-segregation

Dear white people in America, especially white people in America who didn't live through the Civil Rights battle: Please shut the fuck up and don't compare anything to segregation to portray yourselves as victims.

Literally ever.

Best Regards,
    Go fuck yourselves you pieces of shit

Of course it's fucking Cawthorn, the guy elected to the House who has made it clear that he has absolutely zero legislative agendas or goals and that he's purely in this for the fame and money of being a political celebrity.
    These are the same people who claim they are just like the Jews being led away to the gas chambers by the Nazi's without even a neon billboards worth of irony. Are you surprised that they would pull they know exactly how black people in segregation felt like?

https://thehill.com/regulation/court...aud-case-quits
    @Breccia @Edge-

One of Eric Trump's lawyers quits in the tax evasion case in New York quits. It is also the same lawyer that Matt Gaetz hired in his obvious sex trafficking case in Florida. Probably quit because they aren't getting paid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    These are the same people who claim they are just like the Jews being led away to the gas chambers by the Nazi's without even a neon billboards worth of irony. Are you surprised that they would pull they know exactly how black people in segregation felt like?
    And don't forget the penchant of famous conservatives in the media to claim that "being a conservative in hollywood is like being a jew in the holocaust"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Um...yes. I posted recently she caught COVID and was giving interviews about how natural antibodies were stronger. Granted, there was a recent study suggesting she's right. But you get the natural antibodies by, yep, catching COVID and not dying.

Which going on 700,000 people can't do anymore.
    The Israeli study was flawed.

Serologic study from UCI using newly developed Felgner’s Coronavirus Antigen Microarray test shows that the antibody response induced from natural exposure is not nearly as high as that induced by the mRNA vaccines.

Independent study from CDC.

New CDC Study: Vaccination Offers Higher Protection than Previous COVID-19 Infection

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    One of Eric Trump's lawyers quits in the tax evasion case in New York quits.
    Oh, good catch.

The letter the lawyer submitted was useless. It was basically "I quit" and a middle finger.

The article says the resignation follows an agreement between both sides in the case. It could be unrelated. But it's possible Eric Trump agreed to something his lawyer begged him not to -- such as agreeing not to contest a piece of evidence. But of course, we don't know what that was.

There are lots of reasons a lawyer could drop their client.

"Not being paid" seems like a bad one here, if the Trump family doesn't pay their fraud lawyers they got to jail. I suppose the Trump family could have said "we're only going to pay you if you win" in which case (a) that lawyer is a fucking moron for believing that (b) the sudden departure after an agreement is really bad news for both of them.

"I disagree with what you did" won't fly either, he's been representing since Aug 2020. He knew what he signed up for.

We know a lawyer can have real problems if (a) they're also a target, and (b) they suddenly represent two clients who are at odds with each other. I don't see the first as an option. This lawyer didn't work for the Trumps pre-2016 near as I can tell. The latter is possible. He has ties with Giuliani and Gaetz, so he clearly has no problem working within the Trump circle. Problem is, unless he works for Trump himself, I can't imagine who he'd ditch Eric Trump for. They're the big fish. I suppose Eric Trump could have ratted out other Trump employees and this lawyer could represent one, but why ditch Trump to protect them? And I give a 0% chance Eric Trump turned on his father.

"I disagree with that legal decision you just made" is my current guess. Eric Trump didn't listen to legal advice, and his lawyer quit in protest.

I suppose @cubby will be needed here, but I can't think of a realistic option more likely than "Eric Trump is an idiot". Again, it's possible he's not being paid, but why was today the day that suddenly mattered?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah...somedays my job is just so enjoyable. Like today, we're doing the sin(a+b) and cos(a+b) rules and they're just a joy to demonstrate.

But also, somedays my posts here are so much fun to write.

Trump sues his own niece for one hundred million dollars.

You might remember the NYTimes won a Pulitzer for this story series in which Trump's dodgy, one might say "illegal" tax schemes were found and made public.

Mr. Trump won the presidency proclaiming himself a self-made billionaire, and he has long insisted that his father, the legendary New York City builder Fred C. Trump, provided almost no financial help.

But The Times’s investigation, based on a vast trove of confidential tax returns and financial records, reveals that Mr. Trump received the equivalent today of at least $413 million from his father’s real estate empire, starting when he was a toddler and continuing to this day.

Much of this money came to Mr. Trump because he helped his parents dodge taxes. He and his siblings set up a sham corporation to disguise millions of dollars in gifts from their parents, records and interviews show. Records indicate that Mr. Trump helped his father take improper tax deductions worth millions more. He also helped formulate a strategy to undervalue his parents’ real estate holdings by hundreds of millions of dollars on tax returns, sharply reducing the tax bill when those properties were transferred to him and his siblings.

These maneuvers met with little resistance from the Internal Revenue Service, The Times found. The president’s parents, Fred and Mary Trump, transferred well over $1 billion in wealth to their children, which could have produced a tax bill of at least $550 million under the 55 percent tax rate then imposed on gifts and inheritances.

The Trumps paid a total of $52.2 million, or about 5 percent, tax records show.
    In other words, fraud. Actual criminal fraud. So anyhow, Trump is suing his niece and the NYTimes.

"He waited three years?"

In 2018 he probably thought he was going to win re-election and wouldn't need the money to stay out of jail. Gosh, a lot's changed.

"So it's slander/libel is it?"

Actually, no. He's saying the NYTimes and his niece in that book are profiting off of confidential info, as in "confidentiality agreement" that he claims she signed. Yes, it's the will of Fred Trump thing, the timeline's in the document. Oh, and that you're not allowed to profit on publishing someone else's taxes.

"But...that flat-out admits the information was true!"

It looks that way, yes. I mean, if someone said "Hey Breccia, I am publicly saying you had sex with a student in this book I'm selling for profit" I would be consulting lawyers within the hour, because that shit's not just false but accusing me of a crime. Even if they thought it was true, I'd be after them for damages for recklessly publishing unproven, damaging information. I wouldn't wait three years and then sue...unless I guess, I was fired (possibly for having sex with a student) and needed the money. Then I might take a swing at the royalties just to stay above water. I think Trump is doing the latter. He fucked a whore, paid $130,000 to...sorry, got off track. He cheated on his taxes, that was caught and exposed, now he's broke and debts are due in (checks phone) any second now. And there's only so much he can skim from political donations when there's no rally at Trump Tower.

Donald J. Trump, the Forty-Fifth President of the United States, brings this action
    against Mary L. Trump, The New York Times, and its journalists, Susanne Craig, David Barstow
    and Russell Buettner, for their collective efforts in tortiously breaching and/or interfering with his
    contractual rights and otherwise maliciously conspiring against him. The defendants engaged in
    an insidious plot to obtain confidential and highly-sensitive records which they exploited for their
    own benefit and utilized as a means of falsely legitimizing their publicized works. The defendants’
    actions were motivated by a personal vendetta and their desire to gain fame, notoriety, acclaim and
    a financial windfall and were further intended to advance their political agenda.
    I don't see "the tax records were false" in there. Granted I didn't quote the whole thing, but please read it for yourself -- I may legit have missed it.

But while you're reading it, you'll notice this:

Donald J. Trump’s public service to this great country aside, it is of paramount
    importance to note that he is a private citizen who is entitled to the same contractual rights,
    privileges and protections as any other person. Yet, the defendants, through their tortious conduct,
    sought to deprive him of these basic, inherent rights. As a result, the fruits of the defendants’ illicit
    actions were unjustly and inequitably obtained and Donald J. Trump has suffered significant
    damages as a direct result of the defendants’ tortious conduct. Therefore, Donald J. Trump
    demands judgment against the defendants, jointly and severally, as fully set forth herein.
    I might need @cubby on this one, but I seem to remember that there are rules about saying things about public figures vs. people nobody knows. Talk show hosts aren't jailed or sued for making jokes about celebrities. If I'm wrong, my bad. But if I'm right, it looks like Trump is claiming that same protection...that of not being a public figure.

Wow. That's just sad. Bigly sad. Yuge sad. JOBS!

"But Breccia! Stealing someone's taxes and publishing them is illegal!"

Oh, no argument here. But, again if I'm reading this right, this is Trump admitting that true tax records of his tax fraud were published. And yes, while he does say in the lawsuit "that's wrong and you can't do that", he also says "I did all that good stuff in the White House" which is 0% relevant to the story anyhow.

Trump seems mad, bro. He uses words like "malice" "vendetta" "insidious" all over the place, while again, saying "the records are false" doesn't seem to be there.

"Surely you are not defending illegal actions taken?"

Well this is civil, so I don't have to. I will always point out the hypocrisy of Trump whining about a contract he signed being broken. He has no moral authority to speak on such matters. But I will say that this lawsuit is destined for disaster. If these records are placed into evidence, if they're effectively put under oath saying "Yes, Trump cheated on his taxes" NYState will swoop in and yoink that evidence instantly. Trump is suing for $100 million, but NYState could be owed five times that. With interest.

Forcing Trump, or just as good his tax people, to say under oath "yes, these records are real" will have to come up. After all, you don't violate someone's privacy by making shit up -- that's slander or libel. Trump insisted this was a violation of privacy and confidentiality, but I think a statement under oath will be necessary. Why Trump would pick the middle of a NYState investigation into his tax fraud, to the point that lawyers are jumping ship, to admit the accusation is true is beyond me.

I can't wait to see the fireworks.

Tuesday's report:

120,579 new cases; over 31k fewer than last week.

Top 10:

Fuck Florida.
    Texas: 15,273 new cases; 332 deaths
    California: 9,123 new cases; 93 deaths
    Georgia: 7,493 new cases; 179 deaths
    Ohio: 6,814 new cases; 32 deaths
    Minnesota: 6,321 new cases; 18 deaths
    New York: 5,551 new cases; 68 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 4,939 new cases; 65 deaths
    North Carolina: 4,381 new cases; 35 deaths
    Wisconsin: 4,134 new cases; no deaths reported

As cases continue to plummet in the usual suspects (including Florida, if they're to be believed) numbers likewise fall nationally. However healthcare services remain strained in several states and, as Wisconsin appearing on the list indicates, there are still states doing worse as some states improve. Montana, Wyoming, Alaska, Kentucky, West Virginia and South Carolina are all listed as "Severe" risk while California, Maryland and Connecticut have been downgraded to "High". Everywhere else is still listed as "Very High" risk. Idaho currently has the worst positivity in the nation with 22% with Tennessee and South Dakota not far behind. Texas and Florida both have positivity above 10% while New York is at 3.8% and California has fallen to 3.6% with only 23 cases per 100k population. Lower than all other states besides Maryland and Connecticut. Alaska currently has the worst ration with nearly 114 cases per 100k with West Virginia and Kentucky in second and third.

1,927 deaths is around 200 fewer than last week and brings the total to 696,867. We'll be passing 700k this week. Florida, Texas and Georgia had the top three and even South Carolina passed California's total on the day with over 100 deaths. The 7-day average is starting to dip a little, though who knows how accurate that is with Florida's shenanigans still ongoing.

Related news:

New Jersey boy gets vaccinated for his 12th birthday after losing his dad to Covid last year--I mean...this is just sad, right? How bad have things become when a little boy's only birthday wish is to not fucking die because the adults in the country won't take simple precautions to prevent the spread of a deadly virus?

Eastern Kentucky teacher dies after battling COVID-19--She was 29, vaccinated and followed the rules. Unfortunately she contracted a rare lethal breakthrough infection because parents in Kentucky apparently don't give a fuck if their germ-factory kids kill off others. If you thought there was a teacher shortage before, think of how bad things are going to be by the end of this school year.

Hawaii anti-vaccine leader has regrets after getting COVID--As we've been seeing time and again, I guess the only way some people will learn is to literally nearly die from COVID.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has Jonathan Turley—who, like Glenn Greenwald, most certainly doesn't support Trump—explained how he's certain to win his lawsuit against Mary & the NY Times yet?

Hows it started:

Hows it going:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KuerbisgeschmackShake View Post
    Has Jonathan Turley—who, like Glenn Greenwald, most certainly doesn't support Trump—explained how he's certain to win his lawsuit against Mary & the NY Times yet?

Hows it started:

Hows it going:
    I promise you'll get the money when I win this lawsuit. I know it's due. This lawsuit won't take long. Maybe 4 or 5 years. What do you mean stalling for time, would I do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    I promise you'll get the money when I win this lawsuit. I know it's due. This lawsuit won't take long. Maybe 4 or 5 years. What do you mean stalling for time, would I do that?
    The goal is to delay his house of card collapsing, until he can get. Ack into the White House. All the lawsuits against him were delayed whe he was President, and he wants them to go away a bit longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    All the lawsuits against him were delayed whe he was President, and he wants them to go away a bit longer.
    Possibly. But there are two players who won't indulge him: NYState and Deutsche Bank. They won't allow Trump's frantic muppet-like flailing to distract them, and they really want they money Trump owes.

Possibly. But there are two players who won't indulge him: NYState and Deutsche Bank. They won't allow Trump's frantic muppet-like flailing to distract them, and they really want they money Trump owes.
    My guess is that Trump will find someone to float his loans. Either that, or he'll do what he has long done, and suckered someone into buying the property before it collapses.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is that Trump will find someone to float his loans.
    I''ll disagree. Deutsche Bank, fucking Russian money launderers, were the last people willing to give him loans when he defaulted over and over. He's under investigation and his property values continue to tank. He might owe more than they're worth by even a fair offer, not even talking about offers of the "well your nuts are in our vice now" variant. And people like Tucker Carlson might talk a big game, but don't have hundreds of millions to spare for this.

Trump is out of legitimate options. Hell, he's low on illegitimate ones, too.

Either that, or he'll do what he has long done, and suckered someone into buying the property before it collapses.
    He'd be more likely to find a buyer than a loan, true, but it's a buyer's market. Nobody wants Trump's failing properties at list value. He could get stuck with a lower bill, but a bill anyhow.

I''ll disagree. Deutsche Bank, fucking Russian money launderers, were the last people willing to give him loans when he defaulted over and over. He's under investigation and his property values continue to tank. He might owe more than they're worth by even a fair offer, not even talking about offers of the "well your nuts are in our vice now" variant. And people like Tucker Carlson might talk a big game, but don't have hundreds of millions to spare for this.

Trump is out of legitimate options. Hell, he's low on illegitimate ones, too.

He'd be more likely to find a buyer than a loan, true, but it's a buyer's market. Nobody wants Trump's failing properties at list value. He could get stuck with a lower bill, but a bill anyhow.
    My thinking is that there's a few smitten billionaires who would loan him money, with restrictive terms. Sure, the old racist casino owner is dead, but there's another who loves Trump almost as much.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he suckered his supporters into another scam.

10+ Year Old Account
    My thinking is that there's a few smitten billionaires who would loan him money, with restrictive terms.
    In 2016 maybe. But they already have the tax cut for the rich. Trump no longer serves their purposes, and everyone knows how that story ends in Trump world.

EDIT: Also, I just thought of this, if a political candidate is deeply in debt and you buy those debts, that's a massive campaign contribution issue. It could and would be considered a massive gift or bribe.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2021-09-22 at 05:15 PM.

In 2016 maybe. But they already have the tax cut for the rich. Trump no longer serves their purposes, and everyone knows how that story ends in Trump world.

EDIT: Also, I just thought of this, if a political candidate is deeply in debt and you buy those debts, that's a massive campaign contribution issue. It could and would be considered a massive gift or bribe.
    I could see him using campaign donations to try and pay it off... there would be fine print to explain it's not actually for the campaign.

The election donation push comes to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington governor tells Idaho:

Quit clogging up our hospitals you team-killing fucktards
    "Har har. What did he really say?"

Today in my state, Washington citizens in many cases cannot get heart surgery, cannot get cancer surgery that they need, because we are having to take too many people of unvaccinated nature and unmasked, many of whom come from Idaho, and that’s just maddening frankly.

So we are calling for Idaho and the leaders there to lead and take some commonsense measures. I’m disappointed the governor of Idaho has spent more time trying to reduce protection by reducing vaccine usage instead of concentrating on this, and then clogging up my hospitals.
    If your state's hospitals are filled because your state's policies led to that big of a problem, then you have already admitted your state's policies didn't work. I know doctors aren't allowed to shove dying people back into the street, but at some point, Washington hospitals have to decide when a suicide cult is more important than their well-behaved neighbors.

- - - Updated - - -

I could see him using campaign donations to try and pay it off... there would be fine print to explain it's not actually for the campaign.
    Taking campaign donations and keeping them for yourself is illegal. That's why he hosted rallies at his properties and jacked up the rent, which is sleazeball but okay. He can't just take money because he wants it. The FEC is damaged, but they can't possibly be that damaged.

EDIT: Oh, did you mean "campaign" donations? Like "send your money to TrumpIsBroke.rus and it will totes be campaign donations I promise lolz"? Yeah he could try that.

Washington governor tells Idaho:

"Har har. What did he really say?"

If your state's hospitals are filled because your state's policies led to that big of a problem, then you have already admitted your state's policies didn't work. I know doctors aren't allowed to shove dying people back into the street, but at some point, Washington hospitals have to decide when a suicide cult is more important than their well-behaved neighbors.

- - - Updated - - -

Taking campaign donations and keeping them for yourself is illegal. That's why he hosted rallies at his properties and jacked up the rent, which is sleazeball but okay. He can't just take money because he wants it. The FEC is damaged, but they can't possibly be that damaged.

EDIT: Oh, did you mean "campaign" donations? Like "send your money to TrumpIsBroke.rus and it will totes be campaign donations I promise lolz"? Yeah he could try that.
    It is illegal, but Trump is a famous scam artist, so he will have no problem skirting the law in order to get money from suckers and losers.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is illegal, but Trump is a famous scam artist, so he will have no problem skirting the law in order to get money from suckers and losers.
    We'll find out. Trump is under a giant microscope right now, and NYState has no issues arresting him if his actions warrant (hardee har har). If he breaks any NYState laws, not even Biden can save him. And NYState hates scam artists -- there are payday loan commerials on TV that have to say "except in New York", for example. Trump is in no position to antagonize the people deciding if they're going to take his whole company and possibly jail him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    The 7-day average is starting to dip a little, though who knows how accurate that is with Florida's shenanigans still ongoing.
    Well, if we check in with the 7-day average of newly-reported deaths, it's still going up:

DATE TOTAL DAILY+ 7-D+ AVG
    ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------
    9/21 696867 2248 14526 2075
    9/20 694619 2739 14345 2049
    9/19 691880 318 13892 1985
    9/18 691562 848 13825 1975
    9/17 690714 2228 13697 1957
    9/16 688486 3463 13939 1991
    9/15 685023 2682 13840 1977
    9/14 682341 2067 13319 1903
    9/13 680274 2286 13715 1959
    9/12 677988 251 11769 1681
    9/11 677737 720 11879 1697
    9/10 677017 2470 12082 1726
    9/09 674547 3364 11694 1671
    9/08 671183 2161 11256 1608
    9/07 669022 2463 11112 1587
    9/06 666559 340 10166 1452
    9/05 666219 361 11530 1647
    9/04 665858 923 11477 1640
    9/03 664935 2082 11530 1647
    9/02 662853 2926 10897 1557
    9/01 659927 2017 10247 1464
    8/31 657910 1517 9749 1393
    8/30 656393 1704 9726 1389
    8/29 654689 308 9631 1376
    8/28 654381 976 9541 1363
    8/27 653405 1449 9124 1303
    8/26 651956 2276 8844 1263
    8/25 649680 1519 8334 1191
    8/24 648161 1494 8068 1153
    8/23 646667 1609 7869 1124
    8/22 645058 218 7497 1071
    8/21 644840 559 7401 1057

We'll have to see how much of that is just large backlog fills to "catch up", but most days are still coming in at a higher number of newly-reported deaths than the same day the previous week, so I'm not sure that's all it is.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Texas Gov. Abbott sends miles of cars along border to deter migrants

**facepalm**

"We'll throw everything including the kitchen sink to stop people trying to escape hardships but how DARE you insist we wear a piece of cloth over our mouth and nose to prevent the spread of a deadly virus!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    We'll have to see how much of that is just large backlog fills to "catch up", but most days are still coming in at a higher number of newly-reported deaths than the same day the previous week, so I'm not sure that's all it is.
    I'm pretty confident this week will show a decrease, but it will mostly depend on how many deaths Florida adds as one of the top states in terms of deaths. I believe their cases started decreasing a couple weeks ago (along with California and possibly Texas), so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.