Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I came to sincerely hope over the tenure of Trump's presidency that the GOP would unite with the democrats in their rejection of what was clearly an unstable, unqualified, dangerously arrogant and baldly self-enriching excuse for a human and we could see a return to a more bipartisan approach to political proceedings, all centered upon working around Trump to keep the country going.

That clearly didn't happen. So my hopes shifted to Trump being the architect of the GOP's downfall through his complete buffoonery and their complete and continued condoning of every stupid thing he did and said, now matter how backwards, dangerous, or hypocritical. Like I said earlier I don't know if Trump is specifically being vengeful towards the GOP with his actions or if he's just saying the same stupid, spasmodic shit as always and it's happening to slap the GOP in the face, but I'm all here for it.

Hopefully the democrats can adequately mobilize to take advantage of it. I'd hate to see such potential karmic retribution for the damage the GOP inflicted upon the country through their tacit acceptance of Trump and all his insane doings wasted.
    I'm 100% sure Trump is specifically vengeful towards the GOP because they didn't overturn the election to keep him in office.

And I think Trump has been pretty open about that.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    And unfortunately the one in New York City has been temporarily blocked.
    Well I get that, at least. They filed an appeal, and the judge held the order until the appeal, which has also been expedited.

Also I'll point out that the SUNY system has a vaccine mandate and ain't nobody complained. We have 97% of students with at least one shot.

- - - Updated - - -

According to Woodward's new book, Graham told Trump he did to his presidency what I did to his wife.

We quote conversations between Senator Graham and Trump, in which, Lindsey Graham says to Trump, "You fucked up your presidency," at one point just a couple of months ago. The authors said Trump hung up on Graham and then called him back a day later when Graham said to him, "I would have hung up, too."

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Graham told Trump he did to his presidency what I did to his wife.
    And yet, he wants him to run again.

It could be because he wants to see him fail (again), but it's equally as likely it's because he's just as fucked as the rest of the GOP and needs Trump in power for him to have any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I’d rather have her continue organizing in states like GA. There are a million people who would be better than Kemp for GA, there are very few who can organize like Abrams.
    She can probably do more as governor than she could as a private citizen. It's not like she can't do both. If you go to her campaign website, literally the first thing you see is a popup that asks you if you want to visit her voter rights organization website.

To be honest, her campaign would be doing the same sorts of things anyway.

Her running again is a win-win.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    It could be because he wants to see him fail (again), but it's equally as likely it's because he's just as fucked as the rest of the GOP and needs Trump in power for him to have any.
    I suspect the latter. Problem is, this strategy is based on a rock and a hard place.
    1) Trump ruined the country, he led a manslaughterous insurrection, he refused to accept he lost and he's disavowed everyone who isn't Gaetz at this point. He can't run as an outsider, he can't run as someone who fixes everything, and he can't run on someone who follows through with his promises.
    2) The rabid fanbase would rather stay at home than vote for someone Trump didn't endorse.

If 2024 was like 2021, Biden being damaged by short-term effects while working on long-term solutions (like being out of Afghanistan), in a sane world a non-Trump moderate would clean house. But a moderate can't run anymore, can they?

10+ Year Old Account
    States like Georgia. Not GA itself. I want her to flip other states.
    Why do you think the work done by her organization will stop? Or even be significantly slowed down? I'm sure she has a whole crew of very capable people to continue the work she started.

It's not her personal charisma that's making it work, so she's eminently replaceable, provided that she leaves a blueprint of the methods. I'd imagine she'd also be available for consultation, even as a governor.

In the short term, at least, efforts to keep GA blue will pay off at a better rate than those attempting to flip other states, I'd imagine.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Because if she can’t be VP and organize she can’t be Gov and organize. Her organization would keep working, but she herself wouldn’t have the time to do the job. As per her statements.
    Did she make that statement about the governorship, too? Because being the VPOTUS is vastly different than being a state governor.

Regardless, there will be more of a positive net impact with her as governor.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, being Governor takes up more of your time than VP typically.
    Except... no.

More importantly, the VPOTUS goes where POTUS says, which makes it hard to run their own project on the side. Governors have a lot more control over their own schedule, obviously.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    VP does fuck all 90% of the time.
    Maybe if the president in question is Trump and wants to control every aspect of things. But that's not how Democrats have done things since Clinton.

It's all moot, anyway. Abrams isn't VP, but she most likely will run for governor. The GoP is already running against her, as a matter of fact.

I, personally, have every confidence that she can do good things for Georgia while still seeing to it that her broader work on voters' rights continues. I'm sorry you don't share that confidence.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I came to sincerely hope over the tenure of Trump's presidency that the GOP would unite with the democrats in their rejection of what was clearly an unstable, unqualified, dangerously arrogant and baldly self-enriching excuse for a human and we could see a return to a more bipartisan approach to political proceedings, all centered upon working around Trump to keep the country going.
    Bill Maher said pretty much this same thing this week.
    I think a lot of us were kinda thinking the same thing.
    Alas, they are crazier than anyone predicted.
    Which is frightening considering we already had Palin and co. set the bar we had no idea MTG and co. would set anew.
    One of his guests summed it up like some of you have here by saying something along the lines of:
    One party would totally let the country burn IF they can blame the other side.
    Like scorched earth politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoo boy.

Trump friend and constant enemy to education DeVaas had the fucking gall to complain that the GOP was now about Trump over policy. She worked with him nearly every single day of his tenure -- the first to arrive and the last to leave. She 100% sided with Trump on everything. For her to complain now is face-punching level of hypocrisy.

lol.
    I drank the Koolaid everyday for 4 years with you but now I'm telling you it tastes bad!
    Also forgot she married the Amway guy.
    FTC rulings be damned, it's as much a pyramid scheme as the GOP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-brian-kemp-2022/

So Trump unofficially endorsed Stacey Abrams, gotta admit that was not on my bingo card...
    projection is a big thing with Trumpers

because they'll jump to the opposite just because of the libs (see a lot of Obama's policies for examples), they think everyone else is like that
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-brian-kemp-2022/

So Trump unofficially endorsed Stacey Abrams, gotta admit that was not on my bingo card...
    One also wonders if this is an indication that Trump isn't planning to run in 2024. If punishing Kemp is more important to him than preserving the state government in a lead-up to the 2024 election...

Of course, it could always just be one of those stupid things Trump does because he's a spiteful, petulant child.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    One also wonders if this is an indication that Trump isn't planning to run in 2024. If punishing Kemp is more important to him than preserving the state government in a lead-up to the 2024 election...

Of course, it could always just be one of those stupid things Trump does because he's a spiteful, petulant child.
    Well, given his health and just how much he hated people actually being critical of him and all, he might not run. He probably thinks by the time it rolls around he will either be dead, in prison, or fled the country at which point he couldn't run, or he defeated the charges at which point he doesn't need to run.

So, he could be actively trying to harm the ones who didn't cross that treasonous line with him, even after they crossed so many other treasonous lines with him in the past. Or potentially he just isn't seeing as far ahead as the next election and just doing this because he knows it hurts those whom he thinks wasn't "Loyal Enough" to him.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Well, given his health and just how much he hated people actually being critical of him and all, he might not run.
    He has already planted that seed, saying he would not run if his doctor told him he was too sick to run. Which, what a surprise, his doctor can't do in public and would be confidential if said in private. In other words, a convenient lie at a moment's notice.

He has already planted that seed, saying he would not run if his doctor told him he was too sick to run. Which, what a surprise, his doctor can't do in public and would be confidential if said in private. In other words, a convenient lie at a moment's notice.
    Exactly, so he can already be planning on not running and just campaigning like he is going to announce and just funnel all that many to his PACs to give to him.

Then when the time comes, he "Nopes" out of running with all that money and having shit talked the party as extreme as he could to burn them down on his way out for not being loyal enough to him.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    But he had a perfect bill of health during his presidency, recovered from COVID in miraculous time, and has The Best Genes Ever...any doc that Trump claims said he can't run due to his health is liable to get killed by sycophants. Deep State Doctors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    But he had a perfect bill of health during his presidency, recovered from COVID in miraculous time, and has The Best Genes Ever
    The rabid fanbase will mysteriously forget that while pointing at Biden and saying "he is old, therefore, he is sick and must be impeached".

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    But he had a perfect bill of health during his presidency, recovered from COVID in miraculous time, and has The Best Genes Ever...any doc that Trump claims said he can't run due to his health is liable to get killed by sycophants. Deep State Doctors.
    Well, I think it will be like his "bone spurs". He will find a "doctor" that will diagnose him as not fit to run. Probably will get Dr. Edward Group III(chiropractor that Alex Jones promotes) to diagnose him.

- - - Updated - - -

The rabid fanbase will mysteriously forget that while pointing at Biden and saying "he is old, therefore, he is sick and must be impeached".
    Well, that would be the only thing I would ever agree with them on is that anyone above a certain age(lets say retirement age of 62), you cannot run for any office other then local offices not be nominated for any office other then local offices.