1. #73421
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    32,244
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Anyone seen Ghostpanther lately?
    I mean, he's half ghost and half black-colored cat. I can't think of anything more stealthy.

    But speaking of lies, here's something I haven't done in a while:

    Our Ruling

    [Andrew] Giuliani claimed that having antibodies from Covid-19 infection is better than the vaccine because people with antibodies cannot transmit the virus, but people who are vaccinated can.

    Scientists say more study of the virus and the vaccines is necessary, but nothing in the research supports Guiliani’s claim.

    The CDC warns that people who have had the virus and people who have been vaccinated can still get Covid-19, and both can transmit the virus. For people who have already had the virus, the level of transmission is unknown. For people who are vaccinated, research shows their viral load is lower, reducing transmission.

    Based on the data available at the time he made his statement, we rate his claim False.
    Our Ruling

    Boebert said during a May 19 interview with Gina Loudon that, since Texas removed its mask mandate, the state "has not reported a single COVID death. Not one."

    A quick look at the state-run COVID-19 dashboard, which tracks coronavirus cases, deaths and other metrics, shows that more than 3,700 Texans have died of COVID-19 since Abbott lifted the mandate on March 10.

    We rate this claim Pants on Fire.
    That one's for @Benggaul

    Our Ruling

    Eric Trump said of the Biden White House, "There’s no one there. They don’t travel. They don't go down to the border. They don't go overseas."

    That’s wrong on every point. The coronavirus has kept some White House staff working away from the White House grounds, but it’s not true that "there’s no one there."

    Biden has made several trips, including a visit to Michigan the day Trump made his claim. Other members of Biden’s White House and Cabinet have traveled to the border and overseas.

    We rate this claim Pants on Fire!
    It's harder and harder to find things actual Republicans, and/or Party of Trumpers, said on Politifact. They're mostly doing rabid fanbase-pushed FB and Twitter conspiracy theories, like the "Biden didn't drive the car of chicken bamboo ballots" thing. Which sometimes show up here. Remember, if you post something and it's later proven false, you should come back and admit you're wrong.

    (points at earlier post)

    Even if it takes a full year.

  2. #73422
    @Breccia we have a new deadline for Trump’s “reinstatement”. Trump himself is expecting to be back by August.

  3. #73423
    "There's no one there. They never travel." uhhhh

    oh bless Eric trump's touched black heart.

  4. #73424
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    32,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    @Breccia we have a new deadline for Trump’s “reinstatement”. Trump himself is expecting to be back by August.
    ...yeah...

    Trump is telling people he thinks he'll be 'reinstated' as president in August, according to a report

    Former President Donald Trump has been telling people he thinks he'll return to the White House as the sitting president by August, the New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman tweeted on Tuesday.
    And, yes, I do trust the NYTimes to not maliciously make shit up. Yes, I am trusting that tweet.

    Haberman, who broke some of the biggest stories of the Trump administration and has been covering him for decades, added that Trump had been "laser focused" on election audits in states whose results he is still trying to overturn.

    The anti-democratic conspiracy theory has been bubbling up in fringe conservative media for several months. It has no basis under the Constitution or any legitimate legal framework.

    MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell has been a prominent proponent of the theory.

    The former Trump attorney Sidney Powell also floated the idea at a QAnon conference over the weekend.
    We covered that one on this very site.

    The anticipation of a Trump reinstatement on a certain date could spread further among the most dedicated Trump supporters. The calls to help overturn the 2020 election on January 6, for example, gained steam through a pro-Trump bus tour by a fringe group and led to the insurrection at the Capitol.

    Lindell has said August is when he would go to the Supreme Court to present evidence he's acquired — evidence he's said would be so convincing that the justices would be forced to reject the 2020 election result.
    Which, I think we al know, isn't really possible.

    A podcast from the former Trump advisor Steve Bannon has amplified the conspiracy theory, as Lindell and others have gone on the show to promote it with minimal pushback.

    The podcast is influential among GOP lawmakers hoping to avoid a primary challenge while seeking reelection.

    Trump's lawyers and other Republicans filed dozens of lawsuits related to the election; all failed.
    As we've said, recently by people like @Edge- in another thread, there are no reasonable options left. The Maricopa recount effort has objectively broken multiple laws, damaged evidence, and no longer has any trusted members left in it (I posted on that part personally). While I have no doubt Cyber Ninjas will "find" fraud, I also have no doubt Arizona's actual election officials will immediately challenge it in court, almost certainly successfully. I don't know of any other actually ongoing recounts in progress, only hints that others might start.

    Even if it was legally possible to legally overturn the legally certified election results, I don't see a way for it to happen by August when it hasn't started yet. Remember, Trump called Georgia and demanded they find fraud. Georgia. They refused and the phone call went public. For a case to make it to SCOTUS with the oomph behind it to flip an election, again even assuming that's possible at all, it'd almost certainly require multiple states offering actual proof and it'd have to have started by now.

    More on the MyPillow guy here. The article is dated April 30th and, yes, does call out August. It also says MyLovePillow guy made that claim in March (he said it was China).

    What I'm talking about Steve [EDITOR: Bannon] is what I have been doing since January 9th. All of the evidence I have, everything that is going to go before the Supreme Court and the election of 2020 is going bye-bye. It was an attack by another country—communism coming in. I don't know what they're going to do with it after they pull it down but it's going down.
    I don't know what evidence that is. He never said what it was. He could easily be one of the mysterious Cyber Ninja private anonymous donors of course, in fact I'd think it'd be strange if he wasn't at this point, but we know for a fact they're not finished now, let alone late March.

    Near as I can tell, the defamation suit against MyPillowFucker is ongoing. I mean, he was on Jimmy Kimmel (and claimed he was aided by God while there, no really) so the statements were 100% public, and he was on enough different platforms that it'll be hard for him to say he didn't mean to be taken seriously. Kimmel might be a comedian, but Bannon is not. He said he'd countersue Dominion (he said it in mid-April, he hasn't yet) which is also evidence he was being serious.

    "But Breccia, clearly you are not taking him seriously."

    There is a difference between not taking someone seriously, and not believing them. There is no public evidence of even small-scale fraud at this point, just a few Trump supporters arrested for voting twice or on behalf of their dead mother. No lawsuit worked. No official recount found anything. Cyber Ninjas is a clown show that might be intentional sabotage at this point, trying the "we found the evidence but it burned in the fire I started" from the Naked Gun, a spoof movie, and I can't imagine even an Arizona court will give that the time of day. Yes, their Senate will use it as a lame-ass limp-dick IMPILLOW excuse to suppress voters, which they could do for no reason at all. But overturning the federal election and re-instating Trump? That's a fever dream.

    And I'll end by that same NYTimes reporter, the only one telling the truth at this point. She points out that Trump is doing so as indictments close in on him and people he cares about, namely himself and his money. Now, the NYTimes reporter doesn't specify, so there's one of two options here.

    1) Trump believes he will be re-instated and is fighting tooth and bone spur to make that happen, so he'll have TOTAL IMMUNITY! again. Which would at least make sense, I guess. If it's the bottom of the fourth, you're down by 21, it's 4th and 25 and you're on your own 5 yard line, you don't punt. You throw a Hail Mary pass. Will it work? Probably not. Do you have any other chance to avoid losing? No. Trump might not be pushing for reinstatement because he thinks it'll work, so much as he has everything to lose if it doesn't.

    2) Or, this is just a massive attempt to rile up his proven murderous insurrection rabid fanbase, and even posters on these forums who have proven they advocate violence (they know who they are and so do we), so that when he gets arrested they have an excuse as soft and flimsy as a MyPillow to go 2nd Amendment and start murdering random people. Because he's rather burn it all down than admit he was a failure who lost.

  5. #73425
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Even if it was legally possible to legally overturn the legally certified election results, I don't see a way for it to happen by August when it hasn't started yet. Remember, Trump called Georgia and demanded they find fraud. Georgia. They refused and the phone call went public. For a case to make it to SCOTUS with the oomph behind it to flip an election, again even assuming that's possible at all, it'd almost certainly require multiple states offering actual proof and it'd have to have started by now.
    Not to mention, even if the results were determined to be fraudulent and the election results overturned, that doesn't mean Trump won or that he gets to STAY president. It means the election results are null and another election needs to occur and the results be ratified (which this one already WAS....but that's not what I'm talking about) before a new President is elected. Key words there, the president still needs to actually be ELECTED.

    If the election results get overturned, one of Trumps favorite people gets to become acting president until a new election is completed: The Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi. As per the Presidential Succession Act.

    All of these nut jobs seem to be completely ignoring how the system actually works.

  6. #73426
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    All of these nut jobs seem to be completely ignoring how the system actually works.
    More that they have no interest in actually learning for themselves and simply go by what they're told by others.


    I did like this bit, though:
    Lindell has said August is when he would go to the Supreme Court to present evidence he's acquired — evidence he's said would be so convincing that the justices would be forced to reject the 2020 election result.
    Hasn't this just been continually pushed back since November? How long can one man make us laugh at him?

  7. #73427
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump believes he will be re-instated
    What I would find absolutely hilarious would be if Trump just told everyone he is, again, President and Maralago is now the real White House. Starts with a nice phone call to Mr Kim who congratulates him, goes on his balcony and shouts "see even Kim says I am President". Barks orders everywhere and all the lackeys around him just carry on as if he were President. Then starts ordering other people around and threatens to sue them if they don't do it. Half the country would be with him in a second.

  8. #73428
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    If the election results get overturned, one of Trumps favorite people gets to become acting president until a new election is completed: The Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi. As per the Presidential Succession Act.
    The thing is...if the presidential election is overturned, the whole election likely will be too. That means no Speaker Pelosi, and no Speaker at all since the House elections would be voided. And all those state level elections would likely be overturned as well.

    These people don't exactly think things through...or really, at all.

  9. #73429
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The thing is...if the presidential election is overturned, the whole election likely will be too. That means no Speaker Pelosi, and no Speaker at all since the House elections would be voided. And all those state level elections would likely be overturned as well.

    These people don't exactly think things through...or really, at all.
    Right! I wasn't even thinking about that. If the election is considered to be fraudulent, they can't just pick and choose which parts of the ballots are accepted and which aren't, everything that was on the ballots would have to be thrown out, not just the presidential results.

    Yeah....agreed 100% on the bolded.

  10. #73430
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Right! I wasn't even thinking about that. If the election is considered to be fraudulent, they can't just pick and choose which parts of the ballots are accepted and which aren't, everything that was on the ballots would have to be thrown out, not just the presidential results.

    Yeah....agreed 100% on the bolded.
    Some may think they can. I mean, you had that lawsuit in AZ seeking to throw out the entire state election and install dozens of anonymous residents into positions of power...who were revealed when the lawsuit was dismissed, IIRC, and it was legit just a bunch of random fuckin people.

    It's getting to the point where they literally don't inhabit the same reality as the rest of us and I'm increasingly thinking that we need a domestic two-state solution here.

  11. #73431
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Some may think they can. I mean, you had that lawsuit in AZ seeking to throw out the entire state election and install dozens of anonymous residents into positions of power...who were revealed when the lawsuit was dismissed, IIRC, and it was legit just a bunch of random fuckin people.

    It's getting to the point where they literally don't inhabit the same reality as the rest of us and I'm increasingly thinking that we need a domestic two-state solution here.
    Everything below the Mason Dixon becomes Kansas.

  12. #73432
    As expected, Monday's numbers were laughably inaccurate, so no report today. The report for the next couple days is likely going to be inaccurate as a result of corrections.

  13. #73433
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/n7be...roundup-dallas


    Yo, this crafts-faire reject seems wild. $8K for a baseball bat signed by Michael Flynn? Pugs patrolling the location? I'm a bit disappointed there was no reporting about the presence of spirit crystals, as well. I do wonder of the "Modern Samurai" guy was there again to hang out with confused old white people.

  14. #73434
    LOL don jr is doing cameo's for money. wow how they have fallen...embarrassing
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  15. #73435
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    LOL don jr is doing cameo's for money. wow how they have fallen...embarrassing
    https://www.cameo.com/donaldjtrumpjr...eType=category

    For the low-low price of $500, payable in monthly installments of $125. Or for the low-low-low price of $20 you can DM him. Surprised they're not using this to raise campaign funds.

  16. #73436
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    LOL don jr is doing cameo's for money. wow how they have fallen...embarrassing
    Nah, selling themselves is literally all the Trumps have ever done.

  17. #73437
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    What I would find absolutely hilarious would be if Trump just told everyone he is, again, President and Maralago is now the real White House. Starts with a nice phone call to Mr Kim who congratulates him, goes on his balcony and shouts "see even Kim says I am President". Barks orders everywhere and all the lackeys around him just carry on as if he were President. Then starts ordering other people around and threatens to sue them if they don't do it. Half the country would be with him in a second.
    I believe it was the Flynn case where it was brought up that talking to a foreign nation on behalf of the USA while not actually a member of the government was a crime so it would be both hilarious for Trump delusion and because it would be followed by his arrest.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  18. #73438
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    @Breccia we have a new deadline for Trump’s “reinstatement”. Trump himself is expecting to be back by August.
    I have seen a lot of Tiktokers getting stitched saying it is going to happen by July 4th. I even saw one that said it was going to happen by this past Sunday.

  19. #73439
    So does QAnon actually have a method of picking out the date that Trump is going to come back and be President or are they just throwing darts at a calendar and saying "Yep...looks good" ?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

  20. #73440
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    So does QAnon actually have a method of picking out the date that Trump is going to come back and be President or are they just throwing darts at a calendar and saying "Yep...looks good" ?
    They have a very definite method: The date is sometime in the future. The date itself doesn't matter, just that it's "coming" and "will happen", no matter how many times it hasn't "come" or "didn't happen" on previous dates.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •