Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    We'll disagree a little on this. Anyone who is not Trump, is not Trump. Cults don't have vice-leaders. DeSantis won't have the draw Trump will by his name alone.

Yes, if DeSantis gets in power, it's going to be worse, as DeSantis was at least competent.
    Trump is old. He's going to be pushing 80 when its time to start seriously campaigning again and he's already having health issues now. Then again you also can't discount his massively inflated ego. I give it a 50/50 chance. Of course this assumes he isn't buried by current litigation by then. (literally and/or figuratively. Seriously dude is old and not in great health.)

If he does run in 2024 his running mate is going to be extremely important since there would be a very real possibility of him dying in office.

He is getting ready to hit the road again and do some rally's though.

Cults don't have vice-leaders.
    No, but they have disciples. DeathSantis isn't Trump, but if Trump gives him his blessing he'll have Trump's braindead followers too. Fortunately right now their relationship appears to be a little strained, so hopefully that continues. But if Trump says "I'll be handling the business side of things while my guy Ron runs the country...according to my wishes" then they'd probably flock to him in droves.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Except this isn't a sign they're moving away from Trump. DeathSantis has been a loyal Trumper the past four years and went all-in for him during the 2020 election and having him in office would be like having Trump again except likely worse. We dodged a bullet with Trump because he's a fucking moron whose narcissism and undeserved arrogance led him from failure to failure his entire term. We've said for a while now that the next GOP candidate will be Trump but with a brain, and DeathSantis is pretty much that.
    Not just Trump; the Republican Party was seemingly trying to find new footing with the QAnon and Trumpism stuff, so they didn't really have any kind of ideological "plan" at any level, not just at the executive. About the only thing they did start shifting ground on was voter suppression.

I'm fine with this. Take more money from his supporters, take more time off the end of his lifespan and keep reminding most of the country why we can't vote for him or the GOP again.

https://twitter.com/RSBNetwork/statu...37853220737030

Donald Trump, a loser, wished a happy Father's Day to all the other losers of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Donald Trump, a loser, wished a happy Father's Day to all the other losers of the world.
    I still can't believe this whiny manchild was a fucking president of a fucking country.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I still can't believe this whiny manchild was a fucking president of a fucking country.
    He's the id of the Republican party, eventually they were gonna strangle the parties superego and just let its id run wild. We can see what decades of Republican politics leads to: It leads to Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I'm fine with this. Take more money from his supporters, take more time off the end of his lifespan and keep reminding most of the country why we can't vote for him or the GOP again.
    I remember seeing that the QAnons were mad because this somehow invalidates their theory of an August “reinstatement”. Like the asshole didn’t do rallies all 4 years he was in office.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.newsweek.com/qanon-trump....co/45Ym2J4nA6
    Found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    OK I GUESS MY QUESTION IS TRUMP COMING BACK? WHY WOULD HE BE DOING A TOUR THRU THE END OF THE YEAR WITH O'REILLY. HMMMMMMMMM SOMETHING DOESN'T FEEL RIGHT?
    Man...they're so close.

Man...they're so close.
    Yeah, that kinda exposure to w/e radiation they’re close to is seriously impairing their basic cognitive functions.

Yeah, that kinda exposure to w/e radiation they’re close to is seriously impairing their basic cognitive functions.
    It's the most fascinating mass-cult movement we've ever seen, and it's all playing out in public and in the literal halls of Congress. It's wild, this is shit you'd see with weird little cults here and there that largely never ended up being more than weird cults, and the occasional violent/suicide cult. It's just crazy to see this kind of literal cult-mentality be not just statistically significant in the US, but nearly have total control of a major political party.

Well, once again, let's get some Trump supporters in on this. Which Trump supporters believe that what Trump said -- incidentally, carried via Twitter despite a ban -- is an appropriate message? I'd like to see some Trump supporters sound off on this. In fact, the next time any Trump supporter posts anything, I think I, and hopefully many of us, will ask them to specifically and directly address that message, instead of/before responding to whatever they said.

Sound good? Next Trump supporter posts literally anything, we bring back Edge-'s message and have them comment on that first?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/21/n...uit-bronx.html

So, Trump is suing NYC over terminating a contract to operate a golf course in the Bronx. They're claiming that de Blasio just hates Trump and this is purely a move of political retribution using the Jan. 6 riot as an excuse.

Which seems fair, and is grounds enough to end it. But NYC brought some additional reasons too -

Although Mr. de Blasio said then that the decision to sever ties was made because Mr. Trump incited rioters at the Capitol, the city offered a more contractual basis for the decision: The Trump Organization had defaulted in its agreement on the golf course because it had not attracted a major tournament and was unlikely to do so in the future, given the P.G.A.’s decision.
    Referencing the PGA dropping one of Trump's other courses from the tour, and the unlikely event that the PGA or other major golfing organizations would partner with the course under the Trump name. Trump, a loser, continues to see his world slowly falling apart around him outside of his bubble at Mar a Lago.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...arlson/619258/

Interesting piece on Tucker Carlson being an "anonymous source" as has been recently revealed. It sure explains why Carlson is often treated with kid-gloves and his public comments, which we're reminded Carlson's own lawyer says his comments cannot be taken seriously on his show, are reported uncritically. Frum does a great job highlighting just how untrustworthy his public comments are from protests at Carlson's house a few years back where he spun tales of cracked doors after being banged on and threats of pipe bombs...only to have it come out that his front door was completely undamaged, police had no reports of any threats of violence or destruction, and apparently it didn't last very long and was pretty boring.

“‘If you open yourself up as a resource to mainstream media reporters, you don’t even have to ask them to go soft on you.’”
    Which makes a lot of sense. I do look forward to him explaining this away on his show and trying to convince his audience that he's not a secret DEEP STATE liberal plant dishing juicy FAKE NEWS about Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/21/n...uit-bronx.html

So, Trump is suing NYC over terminating a contract to operate a golf course in the Bronx. They're claiming that de Blasio just hates Trump and this is purely a move of political retribution using the Jan. 6 riot as an excuse.

Which seems fair, and is grounds enough to end it. But NYC brought some additional reasons too -

Referencing the PGA dropping one of Trump's other courses from the tour, and the unlikely event that the PGA or other major golfing organizations would partner with the course under the Trump name. Trump, a loser, continues to see his world slowly falling apart around him outside of his bubble at Mar a Lago.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...arlson/619258/

Interesting piece on Tucker Carlson being an "anonymous source" as has been recently revealed. It sure explains why Carlson is often treated with kid-gloves and his public comments, which we're reminded Carlson's own lawyer says his comments cannot be taken seriously on his show, are reported uncritically. Frum does a great job highlighting just how untrustworthy his public comments are from protests at Carlson's house a few years back where he spun tales of cracked doors after being banged on and threats of pipe bombs...only to have it come out that his front door was completely undamaged, police had no reports of any threats of violence or destruction, and apparently it didn't last very long and was pretty boring.

Which makes a lot of sense. I do look forward to him explaining this away on his show and trying to convince his audience that he's not a secret DEEP STATE liberal plant dishing juicy FAKE NEWS about Trump.
    Wonder if this will help him along to the unemployment line? Probably not, but you would think that if he was talking shit about him employers, Trump, and his viewers, it would get him fired.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Wonder if this will help him along to the unemployment line?
    Homeboys stepmom is a fuckin Swanson heiress, his financial future will never be in question.

Though if she won't cut him checks he can always start a podcast. I hear those can be pretty lucrative.

Homeboys stepmom is a fuckin Swanson heiress, his financial future will never be in question.

Though if she won't cut him checks he can always start a podcast. I hear those can be pretty lucrative.
    Oh, I know, but you would think, talking shit about your biggest supporter, his fans, and your employer to left wing sources, would have some sort of repercussions.

Trump is suing NYC over terminating a contract to operate a golf course in the Bronx.
    Non-paywall source.

This is a real "he said, Trump said" dispute it seems. The contract is vague enough that either side could probably claim they had the ability to terminate it. At first glance, it appears this will come down to what "first-class, tournament-quality" means. NYC is claiming that the course cannot be tournament-quality if nobody will have a tournament there, because Trump is a walking loaded diaper filled with felonies and insanity. Trump has counterclaimed that his course is pretty and has grass and holes and things, therefore, is tournament quality.

The court will have to decide. It would not surprise me if the PGA, however, said "No, we're never holding a tournament there" just to Dominion this lawsuit.

- - - Updated - - -

In an upcoming book -- no, not that book, a different one about Trump's inability to handle the lethal outbreak -- aides were stunned that Trump suggested sending infected Americans to Guantanamo.

No, really.

The book also reveals Trump's reaction to the testing crisis that bogged the country’s initial response to the virus.

“Testing is killing me!” Trump reportedly told then-Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar during a phone call on March 18. Trump was yelling so loud that aides were said to have overheard every word of the conversation.
    Then...oh, man. I hope you're sitting down, except for @Benggaul who I hope is lying down.

“I’m going to lose the election because of testing! What idiot had the federal government do testing?” Trump exclaimed.

Uh, do you mean Jared?” Azar responded, according to the Post, referring to the president’s senior adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner, who five days earlier said he would spearhead the country’s testing strategy by enlisting the help of the private sector.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Sometimes, the jokes right themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Dowless pleads guilty to election fraud.

Non-paywall source.

This is a real "he said, Trump said" dispute it seems. The contract is vague enough that either side could probably claim they had the ability to terminate it. At first glance, it appears this will come down to what "first-class, tournament-quality" means. NYC is claiming that the course cannot be tournament-quality if nobody will have a tournament there, because Trump is a walking loaded diaper filled with felonies and insanity. Trump has counterclaimed that his course is pretty and has grass and holes and things, therefore, is tournament quality.

The court will have to decide. It would not surprise me if the PGA, however, said "No, we're never holding a tournament there" just to Dominion this lawsuit.

- - - Updated - - -

In an upcoming book -- no, not that book, a different one about Trump's inability to handle the lethal outbreak -- aides were stunned that Trump suggested sending infected Americans to Guantanamo.

No, really.

Then...oh, man. I hope you're sitting down, except for @Benggaul who I hope is lying down.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Sometimes, the jokes right themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Dowless pleads guilty to election fraud.
    I’d love to have the PGA say the course isn’t up to their standards and Jan 6th has nothing to do with it, just for a laugh.

That book, from what I’ve read, sounds like a Farrelly brothers film waiting to be shot….
    I hate upside down jokes.

Benefits fraud, not election.

Benefits fraud, not election.
    Oh damn, I lost track of the various frauds committed by Trump supporters. Man, is my face red.

Oh damn, I lost track of the various frauds committed by Trump supporters. Man, is my face red.
    It’s alright, mine’s turning purple holding my breath for anyone of consequence to face… well, consequences.
    Last edited by Vegas82; 2021-06-22 at 04:31 AM.