10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Have you ever heard of voter suppression?
    Have you ever heard of actually bothering to read the post to which you're responding?

Guess not, because I literally addressed voter suppression in said post.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Agreed @Vegas82 , and unlike now, it wasn't as reported as frequently as it is now. Racism was built into the news outlets of the time as it was the entertainment and all.

Don't think we would have been hearing about people being stuck waiting 12 hours in line just to vote as has happened in Georgia, but you can bet it was a thing where they forced minority areas to wait extreme periods.

You didn't hear about the voter ID stuff being used to get rid of them like we have now and so on.

The information we have at the time was filtered through the lens of the people who reported it. Unlike now where everyone has a camera on them at almost all times. The audio of Lee AtWater was a hugely hard thing to get compared to nowadays both in actually recorded it and spreading that recording.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s not new though. You think the South wasn’t suppressing votes for the last 70+ years?
    O frabjous day! At least now you're accepting that I've "heard" of voter suppression. Now, if you had only actually bothered to read the part where I suggested for you to find and link the voter suppression laws that explain the GoP winning the popular vote since Carter.

The GoP led Assembly has been trying harder to push voter suppression laws since about 2013. And they keep getting shot down by federal courts.

Yes, it's still a huge problem.

But no, North Carolina is not "red only on paper". If we're accepting purple as a color, then it's purple. But it sure as hell does not lean blue.

At least not yet.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

So Trump's not voting comment actually made it on r/conservative for once and they are freaking out, I just love it. https://www.reddit.com/r/Conservativ...ing_in_future/

Trump's just unintentionally putting his side between a rock and a hard place. Keep the election fraud lie going but discourage rightwing peeps from voting, or shamefully confess the quiet part out loud and admit its all a sham so they will vote. After all, if the Democrats are totally cheating, there is no point in voting right?

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    So Trump's not voting comment actually made it on r/conservative for once and they are freaking out, I just love it. https://www.reddit.com/r/Conservativ...ing_in_future/

Trump's just unintentionally putting his side between a rock and a hard place. Keep the election fraud lie going but discourage rightwing peeps from voting, or shamefully confess the quiet part out loud and admit its all a sham so they will vote. After all, if the Democrats are totally cheating, there is no point in voting right?
    "Only I can fix things"

"Don't vote anymore!"

I just love how deeply stupid they occasionally realize their dorito lord is.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...old-covid-gop/

Remember the Republican state rep. in Alaska banned from Alaska Airlines for refusing to wear a mask on flights, who struggled to get to work as a result?

She's got covid now. And a Republican state senator as well.

“Game on! Who do you think is going to win?” Reinbold wrote of her infection. “When I defeat it, I will tell you my recipe.”
    I can't wait to see which 12 spices she thinks will cure covid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "Only I can fix things"

"Don't vote anymore!"

I just love how deeply stupid they occasionally realize their dorito lord is.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...old-covid-gop/

Remember the Republican state rep. in Alaska banned from Alaska Airlines for refusing to wear a mask on flights, who struggled to get to work as a result?

She's got covid now. And a Republican state senator as well.

Ivermectin covered UV lights into her lower orifices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    One thing that continues to be strange is the anti-vaxxer obsession with Dr. Fauci. The former President had a fall guy to pin the blame on anytime he made a bad decision, from Giuliani, Bannon, Rod Rosenstien, Chris Christie, etc. So when he said it was only a handful of cases because he didn't want the negative publicity from COVID affecting his re-election chances, he took a lot of heat for being completely wrong on it and blamed Fauci. Now almost 2 years later and the guy gets death threats, when he was the only one warning everyone how bad it was and to take precautions. 700,000 dead Americans later Fauci has been proven correct all-along and the naysayers like his former boss were completely wrong. Yet ironically rather than blame the person that was wrong, they blame the person that was correct and tried his best to warn us all but was silenced. The best his detractors can do is make up wild fake conspiracy theories about him that only the weirdest most tin foil hat corners of Reddit believe.

Blame the failed and disgraced former President that lied about the pandemic and downplayed it for votes, not Fauci who tried to to warn us and about it and wasn't even allowed to speak at press conferences. His supporters villifying anyone he doesn't like with crazy fake conspiracy theories to try to justify seething hatred of them from Fauci to Chrissy Tiegen is seriously cult-like and bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    O frabjous day! At least now you're accepting that I've "heard" of voter suppression. Now, if you had only actually bothered to read the part where I suggested for you to find and link the voter suppression laws that explain the GoP winning the popular vote since Carter.

The GoP led Assembly has been trying harder to push voter suppression laws since about 2013. And they keep getting shot down by federal courts.

Yes, it's still a huge problem.

But no, North Carolina is not "red only on paper". If we're accepting purple as a color, then it's purple. But it sure as hell does not lean blue.

At least not yet.
    Again... Here is how our stuff has been going at a LOCAL level and how people voted for LOCAL STUFF. Where the national media machine of Fox News isn't pushing as hard.

https://www.270towin.com/states/North_Carolina

It shows who we voted for as president (But excludes the impact of suppression and other such stuff for this and all other offices).
    It shows who we voted for as our governor which directly contradicts who we voted for president.
    It shows how we voted for our Senate but not the margins but yeah, red as hell.
    It shows how we voted for our Congress which was typically was purple with a blue edge until the last redistricting.

So, Senate and President consistent red
    Governor consistent blue
    Congress, split with a slight blue preference till the last redistricting at which it goes pure red when you look at the ACTUAL votes actually had it stay purple with trend MORE BLUE.

The gerrymandering allowed for the control at the local levels which allows for them to push for more voter suppression which impacts national level stuff.

The split between how we go consistent blue for governor and purple with a blue edge for all the local level stuff only to go full red when it comes to president and senate I do find interesting though.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Well her doctor is named Pepper and she thinks the Colonel was a friend of Trumps from the war so, checks out.

Man there are some GEMS there at the Reddit thread:

"The left wants us to not vote, so I will vote."

"If they’re gonna commit fraud, we need to make it as obvious as possible by voting en masse"

&

"I ain't gonna let the commies get a super majority because of Trump. If he wants to push for secession id support that but just straight up not voting is stupid af."

AND MY FAV:

What if, Trump was a Democrat straw man plant in order to complete their government takeover?

I mean 80 million rednecks can't be wrong, can they!

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    What if, Trump was a Democrat straw man plant in order to complete their government takeover?
    Billy Jeff is a 5-D chess player.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    Oh ...people don't know Kirye Irving? From his statement:

"You think I really want to give up my dream to go after a championship?" Irving asked.

I answer: YES

"Do you think I really just want to give up my job?"

YES, again.

" You think I really just want to sit at home and not go after the things with my teammates that I've been able to grow with, to learn with?"

Yes, for the third time.

You want all those 3 because you are an ignorant flatearther who didn't take the opportunity your basketball talent gave you to get actually educated.

I guess people who don't follow NBA does not know him but Mr.Irving is the perfect example of conspiranoic. It didn't start with coronavirus no, way before that whatever the fuck the crazy thing you could think of.. he believed it. Flat Earth, Fake moon landing, secret World government, Aliens...you name it: Irving was there.

I mean...you are Australian dude!!! You were born in Melbourne...you have travelled many times there. How the friggin fuck a multimillionaire American-Australian can be a flatearther?

But let's not forget this jewel:

Mate you could have opened a book at least once in college.
    Here is confirmation from the ultimate authority on the matter of flat earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Congress, split with a slight blue preference till the last redistricting at which it goes pure red
    You're conveniently ignoring the fact that the GoP has had more representation since the "Republican Revolution" in 1994. Democrats only had the upper hand for the 6 years between 2006 and 2012, but the GoP had the upper hand for 10 of the 12 years prior, with the other 2 years being split representation.

Even including the 2006-2012 range, total representation during that 1994-2012 period was 59 to 54 in favor of the GoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    The gerrymandering allowed for the control at the local levels which allows for them to push for more voter suppression which impacts national level stuff.
    Man, it's like you can't fucking read, as I've said this now multiple times.

Yes, gerrymandering is hurting North Carolina. Yes, it's caused more GoP politicians to be elected. Yes, the GoP has been trying to enact voter suppression laws for nearly the last decade.

But those attempts have been mostly rebuffed. And you're refusing (unable?) to point to the voter suppression laws that you're attempting to claim as the reason for why the state has voted almost exclusively for GoP candidates in presidential elections for 40 years. And presidential election ballots are always, always, always a bigger draw than local election ballots, so the proportions of those votes are a far more meaningful representation of statewide sentiment.

So, no, North Carolina is not a red state on paper only.

Do I wish that the gerrymandering would end? Sure. Would I love it if North Carolina turned blue again? You bet.

But man, you're looking at your state through sapphire-colored lenses right now if you think that it's red only because of gerrymandering.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You joke, but it's not nonsense. He's basically saying "I just want to be allowed to hurt and kill people, without consequences". He's announcing that he's evil, and doesn't expect there to be any fallout. And it's not just him.
    And this is where I've told people that complain about vaccines and masks that if you don't want them, fine. I tell them that they should also be responsible if someone gets sick from them.

If they get someone else sick and they have to go to the hospital, they can sue for their hospital bill. If said person dies because of it, treat it like drunk driving. You go to prison for a long time. This would only be for people who weren't vaccinated due to personal choices, not from an allergic reaction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post

That thread is absolutely funny to see. Most are basically calling Trump an idiot and some are realizing that he is only out for himself.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jg8y...overnment-site

According to MO governor Parson, right clicking a page and clicking "inspect source" is now "hacking", so I guess literally everyone with access to a browser is now a hacker.

This came up after a journalist noted that SSN's were visible via the HTML source code visible on public pages. The journalist, not being a hacker, immediately flagged the security issue to the state so they could address it.

And now the governor wants to sue the shit outta them.

No good deed goes unpunished by Republicans, apparently.

lol this bit from Parson:

"Through a multi-step process, an individual took the records of at least three educators, decoded the HTML source code, and viewed the SSN of those specific educators."

Him and Lindell need to team up their internet skills.

And finally:

"Parson's comments are also a textbook example of government officials seemingly not having any clue how technology works, and vilifying people who do ethical security research as criminals"

10+ Year Old Account
    This came up after a journalist noted that SSN's were visible via the HTML source code visible on public pages.
    Whoever set that up needs to be arrested. That level of negligence demands a swift and public reckoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    "Parson's comments are also a textbook example of government officials seemingly not having any clue how technology works, and vilifying people who do ethical security research as criminals"
    The internet is a series of tubes! There's finite wind in the world! Why isn't my mom getting my campaign emails to her Gmail address, Sundar Pichai?!

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jg8y...overnment-site

According to MO governor Parson, right clicking a page and clicking "inspect source" is now "hacking", so I guess literally everyone with access to a browser is now a hacker.

This came up after a journalist noted that SSN's were visible via the HTML source code visible on public pages. The journalist, not being a hacker, immediately flagged the security issue to the state so they could address it.

And now the governor wants to sue the shit outta them.

No good deed goes unpunished by Republicans, apparently.
    I will start off that this is a failure by both Democrats and Republicans but God damn with people like this guy in positions of power is there any wonder why the U.S. is losing the cyber warfare front to most of the world and badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    One thing that continues to be strange is the anti-vaxxer obsession with Dr. Fauci. The former President had a fall guy to pin the blame on anytime he made a bad decision, from Giuliani, Bannon, Rod Rosenstien, Chris Christie, etc. So when he said it was only a handful of cases because he didn't want the negative publicity from COVID affecting his re-election chances, he took a lot of heat for being completely wrong on it and blamed Fauci. Now almost 2 years later and the guy gets death threats, when he was the only one warning everyone how bad it was and to take precautions. 700,000 dead Americans later Fauci has been proven correct all-along and the naysayers like his former boss were completely wrong. Yet ironically rather than blame the person that was wrong, they blame the person that was correct and tried his best to warn us all but was silenced. The best his detractors can do is make up wild fake conspiracy theories about him that only the weirdest most tin foil hat corners of Reddit believe.

Blame the failed and disgraced former President that lied about the pandemic and downplayed it for votes, not Fauci who tried to to warn us and about it and wasn't even allowed to speak at press conferences. His supporters villifying anyone he doesn't like with crazy fake conspiracy theories to try to justify seething hatred of them from Fauci to Chrissy Tiegen is seriously cult-like and bananas.
    It’s not just that, there are people blaming Fauci for having helped create Covid. They claim that he helped fund the lab that “created” Covid.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    They claim that he helped fund the lab that “created” Covid.
    Man, it must be so much easier to skidmark through life without having to worry about facts, evidence or logic. Unfortunately I'm cursed with a job in education, an IQ in the triple-digits, and the innate desire to know how shit works enough to not be hit by a literal or metaphorical truck because I crossed the literal or metaphorical road without looking both ways.

Most of you will understand. Some of y'all will.