1. #75441
    Elemental Lord Santti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    8,220
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Turns out the eagle for these things is just a stock image they took for it lol

    Why can't these grifts have just a modicum of effort put in them?
    Reminds me of this.

    The Coat of Arms Said ‘Integrity.’ Now It Says ‘Trump.’

    Non-paywalled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

  2. #75442
    So Trumpsters are now going to be literal card carrying Nazis rather than just figurative.

  3. #75443
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    We have an update. Trump lawyer Jenna Ellis tweeted along the lines of "all you triggered leftists, imagine being forced to carry a vaccine passport which are 10x worse!"
    Genuinely think that conservatives don't even know the meaning of the word "trigger" anymore, because they think they "trigger libs" all the time when in reality it's just hilariously pathetic shit that we laugh over. They really don't understand anything that comes out of their mouths anymore.

    It's unrelated, but just look at this word soup of a bingo card tweet - https://twitter.com/WendyRogersAZ/st...51565506699268

    The corporate communist globalist satanic Uniparty is the faction our founders warned us about.
    We need double rainbow guy to ask us what this even means, because I genuinely don't think anyone, even Wendy Rogers, actually knows.

  4. #75444
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    We have an update. Trump lawyer Jenna Ellis tweeted along the lines of "all you triggered leftists, imagine being forced to carry a vaccine passport which are 10x worse!"
    You know, out of morbid curiosity I read the replies expecting to find a cesspool of agreement and I was pleasantly surprised during my skimming that there were only one or two comments that vaguely took her side whereas the vast, vast majority were ridiculing her as much as we have been.

    I guess the supporters are too busy getting scammed on GTTR or whateverthefuck the new hot app is for human garbage.

  5. #75445
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    You know, out of morbid curiosity I read the replies expecting to find a cesspool of agreement and I was pleasantly surprised during my skimming that there were only one or two comments that vaguely took her side whereas the vast, vast majority were ridiculing her as much as we have been.

    I guess the supporters are too busy getting scammed on GTTR or whateverthefuck the new hot app is for human garbage.
    Algorithms, bro. Twitter fuckin loves to push up hate posting, that shit gets engagement like whoa.

  6. #75446
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Algorithms, bro. Twitter fuckin loves to push up hate posting, that shit gets engagement like whoa.
    Welllll except it doesn't appear to be "hate posting" so much as "these are the facts that you are getting wrong". With one or two "how did YOU become a lawyer?" posts thrown in.

    ---------------------

    This was a topic of discussion a few days ago and the latest data still shows things improving as far as vaccination hesitancy goes:

    Amid climbing COVID cases and community efforts, racial disparity in vaccinations appears to be narrowing

    Over the past two weeks, people of color have been vaccinated with a first dose of COVID-19 vaccine more than white people when compared to their shares of the population, according to the latest CDC data. Though race and ethnicity information is only available for about 60% of the U.S. population, it shows a glint of promise, experts say.

    While Hispanic and Latino people make up 17% of the nation's population, they totaled more than a quarter of those who initiated vaccination in the past two weeks. Similarly, Black people, who make up about 12% of the U.S. population, accounted for 15% of those receiving a first dose.

    During the same period, as new COVID-19 cases climbed in areas with low vaccination rates, white people were underrepresented in the vaccine line. Of those who initiated their first dose, 44% were white, though the group makes up 61% of the population.
    SO, once again, while there are absolutely holdouts among minorities and some Democrat-held counties, the vast majority of anti-vaxxers still appears to be white folks, and given the areas that are lowest in terms of vaccinations, you can guess their political bent.

  7. #75447
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Welllll except it doesn't appear to be "hate posting" so much as "these are the facts that you are getting wrong". With one or two "how did YOU become a lawyer?" posts thrown in.
    That's what I was getting at, but probably should have figured out a better word. Not hate as in the "I HATE YOU", but "clapbacks" that are going to generate all kinds of likes and retweets and additional responses from other people going there to dunk on her for X or Y reason. There's going to be a lot less engagement around positive/supportive posts in comparison.

  8. #75448
    Definitely an accurate thing for integrity to be replaced by Trump, who has none. Gave me a tiny "are they really never self aware?" chuckle.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Because effort costs money, and they're in the business of making money not spending it.
    Literally just 5mins of someone's time to draw their own eagle, rather than take one from elsewhere. Is that really too much? Con men/women have really gone downhill in recent times.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Tucker Carlson hyping up Hungary/Orban as some ideal is a little too on the nose for me lol This has to be a test to see how far they can push narratives before next year.

  9. #75449
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Tucker Carlson hyping up Hungary/Orban as some ideal is a little too on the nose for me lol This has to be a test to see how far they can push narratives before next year.
    Someone should tell him that Trump's buddy Sebastian Gorka couldn't even get a job in the Hungarian government.

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/05/polit...nvs/index.html

    Latest conspiracy theory about the election from Lindell: A county of 17K somehow had 24K votes "switched" from Trump to Biden in Wisconsin. This was done by the Chinese who apparently hacked into the voting system that is not connected to the internet.

    Bonus points: Trump won that district by 5K votes.

    I'm looking forward to him releasing "37 terabytes" of data at his "cyber symposium", I hope it's not just millions of uncompressed audio files of "I'm a Loser" by The Beatles.

  10. #75450
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's what I was getting at, but probably should have figured out a better word. Not hate as in the "I HATE YOU", but "clapbacks" that are going to generate all kinds of likes and retweets and additional responses from other people going there to dunk on her for X or Y reason. There's going to be a lot less engagement around positive/supportive posts in comparison.
    Understood, though I went through a fair few responses rather than just the top 20 or so. Even if they were grading them on a curve I would expect to see more on her side in this, not least because you can still see those folks freely in the comments of other Tweets from her and the other Trumper Troops. I'll admit I didn't go so far as to open up the "these Tweets may contain offensive remarks" section, though, so maybe they're all locked away behind that this time.

  11. #75451
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    20,679
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Turns out the eagle for these things is just a stock image they took for it lol

    Why can't these grifts have just a modicum of effort put in them?
    lmao I didn't even notice the spelling mistake at first.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  12. #75452
    Marjorie Taylor Greene Says Southerners May Shoot Vaccination Volunteers

    Noting that Alabama has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the nation, Greene said, "(Democratic President) Joe Biden wants to come talk to you guys. He's gonna be sending one of his police state friends to your front door."

    Greene said that a vaccination volunteer might want to take down a person's name, address, family members' names, phone numbers and "probably ask for your social security number, whether you take the vaccine or not."

    "Yeah, well, what they don't know is in the south we all love our Second Amendment rights," she continued. "We're not real big on strangers showing up on our front door, are we? They might not like the welcome they get."
    This bitch needs to be arrested and charged right now for inciting violence. This is pretty much on par with Trump's "our Second Amendment friends will handle it" comment from years ago. Possibly worse.

  13. #75453
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Marjorie Taylor Greene Says Southerners May Shoot Vaccination Volunteers



    This bitch needs to be arrested and charged right now for inciting violence. This is pretty much on par with Trump's "our Second Amendment friends will handle it" comment from years ago. Possibly worse.
    Yeah, I posted the video in her thread. Fuckin psycho needs to be removed by her own party.

  14. #75454
    How does this shit not fall under the "yelling fire in a crowded movie theater" part of unprotected speech?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

  15. #75455
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    32,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    How does this shit not fall under the "yelling fire in a crowded movie theater" part of unprotected speech?
    Because the victims are theoretical. Nobody is coming door-to-door with vaccines. We have proof, it's called Florida's death count.

  16. #75456
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    32,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    How does this shit not fall under the "yelling fire in a crowded movie theater" part of unprotected speech?
    @Breccia is spot on here. Her speech is violent, but it's not directed at any one/thing, and it's clearly falling short of that bright line of yelling fire. And Bodakane, I'm not jumping on you with that use of "clearly", I use the word "clearly" here for a reason - because your point is absolutely spot on. If I were the prosecutor I would send a law clerk to the "library" to get me updated case law on inciting violence through speech. Because she's damn close to that line.

    The reason I use "clearly" above is because while Marge might be totally batshit insane, she's not entirely stupid. She is specifically not in a literal sense "yelling fire in a crowded theater", and therefore avoiding any legal entanglements, while at the same time calling for violence and certainly using that "lone wolf"-ish verbiage that white supremacists call on all the time.

    She is a dangerous person who continues to avoid the criminal charges she so richly deserves.

  17. #75457
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Love, Cassie & Nina
    Posts
    55,603
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Marge
    I prefer "Klan of Greene Gables", personally.
    You're not "playing devil's advocate", you're making someone who is likely speaking from personal experience defend themselves against the shitty and oppressive opinion you're too embarrassed to admit you actually believe in. It's you. You're the devil.

  18. #75458
    Legendary! PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    6,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I prefer "Klan of Greene Gables", personally.
    If you really wanted to be petty, you could change that to "Klan of Greene Stables", I guess.

    The horse-face isn't really her fault , though, so... maybe not?


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  19. #75459
    Ron Watkins, self professed Qcumber leader, said he had election fraud evidence, but when he sent it out, it was nothing but spam. And when these people opened this evidence, their phones and other devices were hacked. It literally took over their calendars on their phones.

    https://mashable.com/article/qanon-r...ification-spam

  20. #75460
    Legendary! PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    6,122
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Ron Watkins, self professed Qcumber leader, said he had election fraud evidence, but when he sent it out, it was nothing but spam. And when these people opened this evidence, their phones and other devices were hacked. It literally took over their calendars on their phones.

    https://mashable.com/article/qanon-r...ification-spam
    Slight exaggeration. The phones weren't "hacked" or "taken over", it just spammed their calendar with tons of scheduled notifications.


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •