1. #76681
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Please explain how voting for Trump is defending Trump.
    So you voted for a loser because you had no confidence in his abilities to do the job...got it.

  2. #76682
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    32,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Florida's 7-day has been a bit of a plateau lately but, as usual, we can't really trust their numbers.
    Local sources report Florida's COVID daily deaths are now the highest they've ever been.

    Daily COVID-19 deaths in Florida are now higher than at any point in 2020, according to data reported by the state.

    As of Monday, nine Central Florida hospitals reported having intensive care units at capacity, with at least two over capacity.

    On July 4th, there were approximately 2,000 COVID-19 patients in Florida hospitals. Now, there are almost 17,000.

    Justin Senior, CEO of the Safety Net Hospital Alliance of Florida, has been monitoring hospitals in the state that are reporting ICU units at or above capacity.

    “The patient loads are really high,” Senior said. “It’s putting a lot of stress on staff.”

    Most Central Florida hospitals are reporting less than 10-percent of their ICU bed space as being currently available.

    On the other hand, vaccination rates in Florida have continued to trend upward. Along the coast, vaccination rates have increased by four to five percent since the end of July.

    The same is true along the I-4 corridor where Osceola County, for example, is now at 71-percent vaccinated, tying them with Sumter as the counties with the highest vaccination rates.

    “You can see in the data that all of the vaccines work,” Senior said. The overwhelming majority of these patients are unvaccinated.”
    "Overwhelming majority?"

    About 94 percent, apparently.

  3. #76683
    Legendary! PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    6,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Local sources report Florida's COVID daily deaths are now the highest they've ever been.
    The line you quoted was talking about cases, not deaths, I think.

    That said, today marks a new record for new cases at 26.2k, sooo...


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  4. #76684
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    32,627
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    The line you quoted was talking about cases, not deaths, I think
    If you mean Benggaul's line, maybe, but I won't miss an opportunity to point out how Florida is killing itself.

  5. #76685
    https://www.businessinsider.com/judg...lawsuit-2021-8

    Powell and Wood are getting slapped down.

    After failing to provide any evidence to support their lawsuits, a judge ordered them to pay for any fees incurred by the litigation and go through a dozen hours of remedial legal education, each.

    And left the door open to further consequences, including disbarment.

    Get your GoFundMe's ready and start prepping your bag for convention season, because that may be the only way these two can continue to fund their current lifestyles. Maybe one of them will spin up a Patreon.

  6. #76686
    Blademaster Aloie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If you mean Benggaul's line, maybe, but I won't miss an opportunity to point out how Florida is killing itself.
    Those Florida Man types always showing us that their motives are beyond our understanding.

  7. #76687
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    32,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    After failing to provide any evidence to support their lawsuits, a judge ordered them to pay for any fees incurred by the litigation and go through a dozen hours of remedial legal education, each.
    I'd like to see Dominion present this in their own trial.

    "Your Honor, the defendants made claims that were so false they were sent to remedial law school, despite both being lawyers."
    "You sure $1.3 billion is enough?"
    "I mean, how many kidneys do they have?"

  8. #76688
    Pit Lord D Luniz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Coastal Plaguelands
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'd like to see Dominion present this in their own trial.

    "Your Honor, the defendants made claims that were so false they were sent to remedial law school, despite both being lawyers."
    "You sure $1.3 billion is enough?"
    "I mean, how many kidneys do they have?"
    hey, you can donate a part of a liver and bone marrow multiple times.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

  9. #76689
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.businessinsider.com/judg...lawsuit-2021-8 Powell and Wood are getting slapped down.
    Judge really ripped into them;

    Parker accused the attorneys of breaking the oaths they swore upon admission to the bar in pushing to use the courts to undermine the electoral system.

    "The sanctity of both the courtroom and the litigation process are preserved only when attorneys adhere to this oath and follow the rules, and only when courts impose sanctions when attorneys do not," Parker wrote. "And despite the haze of confusion, commotion, and chaos counsel intentionally attempted to create by filing this lawsuit, one thing is perfectly clear: Plaintiffs' attorneys have scorned their oath, flouted the rules, and attempted to undermine the integrity of the judiciary along the way."

  10. #76690
    Legendary! PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    6,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'd like to see Dominion present this in their own trial.

    "Your Honor, the defendants made claims that were so false they were sent to remedial law school, despite both being lawyers."
    "You sure $1.3 billion is enough?"
    "I mean, how many kidneys do they have?"
    No no no, I'm waiting for Powell to use it in her defense.

    "I was sent to remedial education! Surely that means I didn't have enough credibility to do $1.3 billion in damages!"


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  11. #76691
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    32,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.businessinsider.com/judg...lawsuit-2021-8

    Powell and Wood are getting slapped down.

    After failing to provide any evidence to support their lawsuits, a judge ordered them to pay for any fees incurred by the litigation and go through a dozen hours of remedial legal education, each.

    And left the door open to further consequences, including disbarment.

    Get your GoFundMe's ready and start prepping your bag for convention season, because that may be the only way these two can continue to fund their current lifestyles. Maybe one of them will spin up a Patreon.
    That ruling will be, well, Yuge, in the Dominion trial. A court adjudicated and agreed that the filing was so without merit that it merited sanctions against the attorneys that filed it, along with those same filing attorneys paying the opposing party's legal fees.
    @Breccia you've asked how one legal ruling could/couldn't help another suit, and this is a very specific thing that can be entered into evidence in Dominion's suit against Rude and Sydney.

  12. #76692
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    32,627
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    No no no, I'm waiting for Powell to use it in her defense.
    She really wedged herself between that rock and that hard place.

    1) If she was obviously that inept, as you say to the point of admitting such, then she should be immediately disbarred plus whatever other actions the judge feels for her bringing such inept lawsuits. "Contempt of court" on steroids due to the severity.
    2) Or, if she wasn't that inept in the first place, then Dominion has every right to crush her into dust for making obviously serious, obviously objective statements under oath.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    @Breccia you've asked how one legal ruling could/couldn't help another suit, and this is a very specific thing that can be entered into evidence in Dominion's suit against Rude and Sydney.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA (grabs bag of Good Ol' Greymane's with butter and salt) HAHAHAHAHA

    Oh man, I can't wait till high courts/SCOTUS say "not only did Trump lose, get over it, and here's the fine for saying otherwise".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Worth noting: the Party of Trump is throwing the "Biden is senile" around right and alt-right, hoping it will stick.

    Well, the House probe is also looking into Trump's mental health. So any claims of "we need to know if he's okay so we can impeach him" now have a parallel. Party of Trump members, like @TexasRules of course, can no longer ask for proof of Biden's mental health without also calling for information about Trump's when he called for the murderous insurrection and martial law.

    Oh, Trump might have asked for martial law. The House is asking for those records, too.

  13. #76693
    Jenna Ellis is lucky she’s basically just a clerk.

  14. #76694
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    32,627
    UPDATE: Trump calls the Jan 6th investigations a distraction from Biden's failures.

    "Didn't Pelosi call for the panel in mid-February?"

    Yes.

    "So, which failures did Trump say Biden had racked up by mid-February?"

    Oh, he's talking about Afghanistan. Trump is lying. You can tell, because he's speaking.

  15. #76695
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    UPDATE: Trump calls the Jan 6th investigations a distraction from Biden's failures.

    "Didn't Pelosi call for the panel in mid-February?"

    Yes.

    "So, which failures did Trump say Biden had racked up by mid-February?"

    Oh, he's talking about Afghanistan. Trump is lying. You can tell, because he's speaking.
    This is that guy who keeps praising the Taliban when in front of TV cameras?

  16. #76696
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    This is that guy who keeps praising the Taliban when in front of TV cameras?
    Taliban, Kim jong, Putin, Jingping, Duterte....only the best people!

    Orban and MBS are probably on the list too, but can't even remember anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

    Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

  17. #76697
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Taliban, Kim jong, Putin, Jingping, Duterte....only the best people!

    Orban and MBS are probably on the list too, but can't even remember anymore.
    You can imagine Trump jumping up and down (well, trying to) whining "Why can't I be a dictator too like my bestest friends? Why why why?"

  18. #76698
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    32,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    This is that guy who keeps praising the Taliban when in front of TV cameras?
    Yes, the person who both
    1) Invited the Taliban to picnic on the White House lawn, and
    2) campaigned and ran on leaving Afghanistan and then just didn't do it, handed a plan to someone else he now claims is senile, and complained when the plan he created with zero experience but never implemented failed when Only He Could Do It

    I already challenged @TexasRules to explain why Trump didn't enact his own plan, but the 24-hour timer expired days ago. Therefore he has already admitted that his attacks on Biden on the subject are hypocritical and safely handwaved. Nobody else has stepped forward, either.

  19. #76699
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'll not learn incorrect, revisionist history, thanks. The Union had no taste for war over slavery, they just weren't that opposed to it. South shot first, South went to war over slavery not being spread to the newly created western states, their slave economies weren't impacted by this change outside of not being able to expand to new territory.

    Jesus christ on a stick, don't get history lessons from PragerU and open a god-damned actual history book one of these days.
    The Union wanted a United States that encompassed all the states.
    The South wanted a confederation of slave states.

    Edge is accurate, just wanted to hammer the point that the Union didn't go to war because the South shot first. They went to war because the South seceded. Whether Fort Sumter occurred or not, Lincoln had already called for 150,000 troops to put down their insurrection.

    I mean, hell, even Lincoln at the beginning said he didn't want to take anyone's slaves. He just wanted the states back. That attitude changed of course, but still.

    The Civil War occurred because the South wanted to keep their slaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Man, there really should have been an Xzibit cameo in Inception.

  20. #76700
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    32,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    the Union didn't go to war because the South shot first. They went to war because the South seceded.
    And when the South lost, they want their loser seditionist heroes immortalized in statues forever. "It's part of history" somehow means the part they don't want attributed to them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •