Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    That's... a lotta South.
    Poverty leading to lack of access to healthcare, exercise venues and healthy food is definitely a common factor. San Benardino at one time was ranked as one of the poorest city in the USA. The southern regions have one more issue on top of that - lots and lots petrochemical/chemical manufacturing facilities. Look at any petrochemical/chemical manufacturing and oil fracking hubs, and you are bound to find a lot of health problems.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2022-02-09 at 06:23 PM.

I see Trump still doesn't know what a spell checker is, which is weird because surely these are being written in Word or some program with automatic spell checking.

At least it's not covfefe, but kinda hilarious when the guy trying to call Biden/McConnell "incompetent" can't even spell the word right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "the persecution of political opponents"
    Well, you know what that means. Time for another 24-hour challenge! Let's get @GreenJesus @Hammerfest @YUPPIE @Thwart and...I'm sure there are others to come and answer this:

If "the persecution of political opponents" was bad, why did Trump promise to do it in the 2016 debates in public? Why did he get such big applause?

Is it allowed, or not? As always, "it's okay when Trump does it" isn't an answer, it's admitting hypocrisy. And of course, failing to answer means you admit your cowardice plus I get to answer for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    90% of truckers in Canada are vaxxinated, and their national union representation is not supporting the FluTruxKlan convoy.

They hold basically no power, and the supply chain's gonna be fine even if every single one of these fuckos is fired/jailed over this. Which is already happening. Sure hope your truck is privately owned and doesn't have any corporate logos on it.

The biggest issue we're having is just in terms of resources. If these idiots lock their wheels (and they will), we just don't have enough 18-wheeler-capable wreckers to drag them out, particularly not out of city center, since those wreckers are mostly used along the highway.

I don't live right downtown; I'm actually just outside Ottawa proper, so I haven't had to put up with this directly. But the moment you're outside the city center where these guys are traitoring, there's no observable impact. Grocery stores are still fully-stocked and there's no delays on shipping other than what was already normal for COVID.

Of course, you might have more idiots down South there, which may cause more problems, but you folks have been having massive systemic issues like this for a couple decades now at least.
    My understanding is that the issues with the supply chain arent coming from the lack of truckers, but rather from a different but similar set of fuckheads who are using their trucks to fully block some of our trade routes with America - over in Alberta I think? I’m not too up to date in the situation though so I could be wrong

I see Trump still doesn't know what a spell checker is, which is weird because surely these are being written in Word or some program with automatic spell checking.

At least it's not covfefe, but kinda hilarious when the guy trying to call Biden/McConnell "incompetent" can't even spell the word right.
    Its funny since its nothing more then him shifting the blame for what is actually his idiocy. Hes the one who agreed to have all of the troops withdrawn in the first place. Hes the one that struck the deal with the Taliban that excluded the government officials. He made zero efforts in his deal to ensure that the take over wouldn't happen.

I can just hope that with the mounting evidence of his corruption and illegal activities, they can throw him in ail for something.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I see Trump also mentioned "energy independence" again. Big surprise, he was telling half-truths.

"Why is that a surprise?"

Because normally he's outright lying.

2020 values aren't fully out yet...it's 2022, not sure what the holdup is...but it is true in 2019 America produced enough fossil fuels to barely edge up exports over imports. Then 2020 happened and people stopped driving, so, yeah, Trump's going to accidentally into a result there. It's like saying "I saved money on shoes after the bear ripped my legs off", 2020 was a shitshow and Trump ensured that would be the case. Energy production was down in 2020, again, likely COVID-related.

Biden slowed new projects, including the Keystone pipeline that opened in...(checks news)...oh right, it was not completed. He's also slow-walking new offshore permits. Both of these would be new productions, so, Biden didn't lower anything, he just stopped it from going further up. If we were energy independent before, those didn't change anything. Biden has not issued one E.O. that stopped production that was already ongoing. Quite frankly, I don't even know if he can.

Hey, did anyone else remember that the Keystone Pipeline had zero to do with energy independence? It brings in oil from Canada. It's a giant import syringe.

And also, Trump was still overseeing massive oil imports from other places, like the Gulf. You could say we imported less, but again, COVID. Also Biden is still winning. As the EIA shows, we were importing about 300 million barrels a month in the W years, 250 million/month in the Obama years, 242/236/206 for 2017/2018/2019, then 2020 happened and the average was 180 million. 2021 so far averaged 185 million. Biden's out-performing Trump over most of Trump's tenure...but again, COVID.

Oh...and COVID also killed Trump's coal push. We exported about as much in 2020 as 2016. Trump's energy independence in 2019, which again was like a percent or less, was at least partly due to a short-term push for coal that's already dead.

Information about the energy independence situation can be found everywhere, PolitiFact has a ton because Trump keeps getting the message intentionally mixed to make it look like he had a victory. He didn't, he had a lethal outbreak. You don't get to pat yourself on the back for killing millions upon millions of jobs and as a result gas spent to get to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I think that is the point. Without them, the supply chain screeches to a haul. They hold all the power.
    Eh, not as much power as you think. A lot of the long haul stuff can be done by train(and more of it is anymore) then by truck. The vast majority of truckers in the US work for a company and cannot participate in this with the trucks they use. The only way that this would be a thing is if they just didn't go to work at all and stayed home for a good week.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/07/nati...ar-a-lago.html

One, two, three...FIFTEEN boxes of White House records were illegally taken by Trump to Mar a Lago, and are now back in the hands of the National Archive where they legally belong.

Yo, what kind of monetary value is associated with these documents? Does this qualify as grand-theft?

10+ Year Old Account

One, two, three...FIFTEEN boxes of White House records were illegally taken by Trump to Mar a Lago, and are now back in the hands of the National Archive where they legally belong.

Yo, what kind of monetary value is associated with these documents? Does this qualify as grand-theft?
    Only 15 were returned?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Only 15 were returned?
    Per the National Archives, yes. For now. Who know if Trump has more stashed away in a janitor's closet somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Per the National Archives, yes. For now. Who know if Trump has more stashed away in a janitor's closet somewhere.
    Speaking of - https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/09/polit...nts/index.html

The National Archives has asked the Department of Justice to investigate former President Donald Trump's handling of White House records, according to a source familiar with the matter.
    Eyyyyy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of - https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/09/polit...nts/index.html

The National Archives has asked the Department of Justice to investigate former President Donald Trump's handling of White House records, according to a source familiar with the matter.
    Eyyyyy.
    Everybody together now: "Lock him up! Lock him up! Lock him up! ..."

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Everybody together now: "Lock him up! Lock him up! Lock him up! ..."
    I just wish I had more confidence that the Garland DoJ had a spine somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyStriker View Post
    Having funded the Ottawa truck convoy, the US right is now looking to copy the movement.
    Hopefully, your police handle it better than the Ottawa police did.
    They have also been funding similar movements in Australia and New Zealand.

By coincidence, ASIO (Australia's intelligence agency) did their annual report and said that the biggest threat is no longer terrorism - it is foreign interference in the democratic process and a growing extremism in the anti-vaxx community. Normally foreign interference means China but the US Right is probably in the mix now too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    They have also been funding similar movements in Australia and New Zealand.

By coincidence, ASIO (Australia's intelligence agency) did their annual report and said that the biggest threat is no longer terrorism - it is foreign interference in the democratic process and a growing extremism in the anti-vaxx community. Normally foreign interference means China but the US Right is probably in the mix now too.
    You have no idea how depressed that makes me knowing there's no getting away from these hillbillies. I guess I'd have to go to a "shit hole country" to get away from their influence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Navarro subpoena'd.

He's already on record, today, saying he will claim privilege. Despite, you know, that flat-out being rejected already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You live in NY. So do I. I got bad news for you about upstate and Long Island conservatives.
    Hmm. What about if they disrupt the Super Bowl?

Honestly surprised Trump didn't try to make them NFTs to sell to his sheep base.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Honestly surprised Trump didn't try to make them NFTs to sell to his sheep base.
    I'd like to think not even Trump would stoop to lootboxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'd like to think not even Trump would stoop to lootboxes.
    Isn't that what his university gave out as diplomas? Lootboxes. Figure you had as good a chance with a lootbox as you would with a Trump University diploma to land a job somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Isn't that what his university gave out as diplomas?
    No, that's more like buying a kickstarter. You wanted Resident Evil 4 and end up with Amy. But it wasn't a grab-bag, everyone got zilch.

10+ Year Old Account

How many of those documents were photocopied and sold to foreign agents you think?