Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Incidentally, even though Florida did their best to kill themselves, with 49,251 total deaths and their population, they're only slightly higher than the national average.
    I imagine it helps that people go to Florida on vacation, catch it and then die in their home state ><
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I imagine it helps that people go to Florida on vacation, catch it and then die in their home state ><
    Valid.

Also @Benggaul and half the forums know Florida, more than most, is lying about their death count. And I don't just mean their recent experiments with time travel.

Incidentally, even though Florida did their best to kill themselves, with 49,251 total deaths and their population, they're only slightly higher than the national average.
    On that note, sadly, the US is back to 2000+ deaths a day.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Helped by Texas posting another 400+. Fuck Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Helped by Texas posting another 400+. Fuck Texas.
    Yeah, their 7-day is set to jump another 21 points today, from 281 to 302. At this rate, they're going to pass their record of 345 in no time.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Yeah, their 7-day is set to jump another 21 points today, from 281 to 302. At this rate, they're going to pass their record of 345 in no time.
    Their cases have been down recently--though still far, far too high--so maybe they'll turn the corner on deaths soon, but yeah if they don't pass their record they'll be pretty damned close.

Fuck, the NYTimes says the rolling average is 1888. I'd been looking at specific states for so long I forgot to check the country.

- - - Updated - - -

Today in Lack Of Self Awareness theater: Tucker Carlson asking why Democrats don't do more to discourage rage mobs made out of Trump supporters.

No, really. It's fucking insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Another member of the murderous insurrection pleads guilty.

Jason Dolan, a 44-year-old Florida resident, appeared in court Wednesday to admit to charges of conspiracy and obstruction of an official proceeding. He said during the hearing that he agreed to cooperate with prosecutors and testify if needed.
    Innnnnnnnteresting.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Today in Lack Of Self Awareness theater: Tucker Carlson asking why Democrats don't do more to discourage rage mobs made out of Trump supporters.

No, really. It's fucking insane.
    While I don't disagree with you. "today" is stretching it a bit :P

I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

Federal judge denies Trump's request to stop E. Jean Carroll lawsuit from moving forward

Guess things are more difficult when you don't have your own personal Justice Department to shield you.

District Judge Lewis Kaplan on Wednesday entered a minute entry on the court docket indicating that he was denying Trump's request for a "stay" of his ruling last year, which rejected Trump's effort to substitute the Justice Department as the defendant -- a move that would essentially kill the lawsuit.

Judge Kaplan's sudden decision revives the case, which has been on hold for nearly a year while Trump and the Department of Justice pursued an appeal. The ruling could pave the way for Carroll's attorneys to pursue subpoenas for documents, records and a DNA sample from the former President to prove her claims of sexual assault.

Carroll has accused Trump of raping her in a New York department store in the mid-1990s. Trump has denied the claims, saying Carroll wasn't his type and that she fabricated the allegation to boost sales of her book. Carroll sued Trump for defamation.
    Unfortunately he'll still be able to appeal, but his means of escape are slowly shutting one by one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    While I don't disagree with you. "today" is stretching it a bit :P

They didn't say Tucker said that today. Just that that's what's in the programming for today's episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    While I don't disagree with you. "today" is stretching it a bit
    They didn't say Tucker said that today. Just that that's what's in the programming for today's episode.
    Yeah, I could have been more clear. I shoved that up here between pulls.

- - - Updated - - -

A conservative group filed an ethics complaint, claiming that Ocasio-Cortez either bought a ticket with campaign funds, or accepted it as a gift, and either one is an ethics violation.

I mean, this was a theater ticket, not something understandable like a $130,000 whore
    "Wait, do they know for a fact she didn't just buy it with her own money?"

No. They're just projecting.

Federal judge denies Trump's request to stop E. Jean Carroll lawsuit from moving forward

Guess things are more difficult when you don't have your own personal Justice Department to shield you.
    Grrrr she was absolutely his type.
    What a fucking gross excuse anyway.

I know! If I claim this fat pig raped me, maybe my book will sell better!

Also, when presented with the accusation of rape, is the normal response, she's not my type?
    Cause it implies:
    But if she was then yes, I would in fact rape her.

A conservative group filed an ethics complaint, claiming that Ocasio-Cortez either bought a ticket with campaign funds, or accepted it as a gift, and either one is an ethics violation.

"Wait, do they know for a fact she didn't just buy it with her own money?"

No. They're just projecting.
    They're more pissed that she used the opportunity to push the "Tax the Rich" slogan.

I also saw an article in the rag the NY Post whining that her "immigrant" designer was "only" an immigrant from Canada, and "only" had a Ghanaian father.

So, literally an immigrant, literally a person of color, they can shut the fuck up with the outright bigotry any time now, you slanderous fucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They're more pissed that she used the opportunity to push the "Tax the Rich" slogan.
    The Tan Suit, you mean?

EDIT: I don't remember that kind of talk when Melania wore that famous "I really don't care" jacket while visiting the dog cages in which her husband locked children until they died.

I also saw an article in the rag the NY Post whining that her "immigrant" designer was "only" an immigrant from Canada, and "only" had a Ghanaian father.

So, literally an immigrant, literally a person of color, they can shut the fuck up with the outright bigotry any time now, you slanderous fucks.
    Now, now, that's not right; you can't in good conscience call them "slanderous fucks".

If it's in print, then the proper term is "libelous fucks".

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

When immigrant is code for brown people they have a hard time grasping all the white people who come here as immigrants. Many illegally.

- - - Updated - - -

Now, now, that's not right; you can't in good conscience call them "slanderous fucks".

If it's in print, then the proper term is "libelous fucks".
    Thanks JJJ, saved me some chars.

Wednesday's report:

164,509 new cases; about 25k fewer than two weeks ago.

Top 10:

Fuck Florida.
    Texas: 22,407 new cases; 420 deaths
    California: 9,406 new cases; 221 deaths
    Ohio: 7,747 new cases; deaths not reported
    North Carolina: 7,277 new cases; 100 deaths
    Tennessee: 7,235 new cases; 87 deaths
    Georgia: 6,167 new cases; 235 deaths
    New York: 5,456 new cases; 41 deaths
    Kentucky: 5,389 new cases; 49 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 4,812 new cases; 50 deaths

If Florida is to be believed they've dropped down to just under 11k cases. Of course they also say they only had 3 deaths on the day so take that as you will. Texas' cases may be slightly down, but they're still over 20k which is appalling and means the healthcare services will likely remain strained a while longer. California, meanwhile, has dropped below 10k again--they've come through this wave pretty well when you consider their population, density and amount of Trump voters. Other states such as Ohio, Idaho and North Carolina are not faring as well, however, as their cases continue to climb. The current wave may be declining nationally but it remains a real issue in several states.

2,282 deaths is well over 500 more than two weeks ago and brings the total to 685,023. Can't sugarcoat this one; that's pretty terrible. Texas led with another day over 400 deaths, I'm sure Florida was again in the 300 range and Georgia jumped up to the 200+ range just edging out California. Both of the Carolinas also had 100+ days. Some of this is likely to be corrections at play again, but not all of it. We're around a week or so from the peak of the national wave so hopefully we won't be seeing these death totals climb further.

Related news:

Alaska records most daily COVID cases amid healthcare strain--Alaska's not on my list purely by virtue of their lower population, but they're still setting records, jumping over 1k for the first time ever.

Can kids be harmed wearing masks to protect against COVID?--The short answer is "No". The long answer is "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" so stop using it as an excuse to push your bullshit political agenda on your children you Trumper fucks.

Hospitals in West struggle to find beds for critically ill amid Covid surge--*Gasp* Blue states are having trouble too!--in that they're trying to help out neighboring states like Idaho by making beds available for their sick but need to make sure they have some in reserve for themselves.

Stay safe, folks.

2,282 deaths
    ...yeah...I am glad to see cases are dropping. In theory, the deaths will follow. I just, you know, wish it was sooner. Or had always been lower to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it's time again for Guess the Speaker! The context is the increasingly overhyped "Justice for J6" (eyeroll) rally.

They need to take a firm line, buddy. If anybody gets out of line, they need to whack ’em.
    "That sounds like them no-good Antifa!"

Actually, that's Sen. Graham. The NYTimes and also his wife say that Graham's public opposition to the murderous insurrection was no act and no joke. The NYTimes talked to other GOP officials, most of whom were there when Trump's murderous insurrection attacked. None of them seem to want to touch this thing. None of them said they'd be there.

- - - Updated - - -

So...I love this headline.

Roger Stone was giving an interview on 93.3 St. Louis discussing, at the time, if Trump would run in 2024. During the interview he was served with a lawsuit about his claims that the election was fraudulent.

During which, live and on the air, he said it was a fraud. Again.

Oh, and there's only one 93.3 and it's in Philly. Screw you St. Louis.

Oh, and there's only one 93.3 and it's in Philly. Screw you St. Louis.

WMMR REPRESENT!

Wednesday's report:
    Southern Illinois is out of ICU beds.

Some zip codes in southern Illinois have single digit vaccination percentages.

Single. Digits.

Southern Illinois is deep red.

None of these are coincidences.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/s...03498690154497

Newsmax host interviews veteran helping evacuate folks from Afghanistan about the topic.

Veteran gets a few words in gently criticizing Trump.

Newsmax host proceeds to angrily cut him off and scream about how this is all Biden's fault and Trump was perfect.

The party that ostensibly celebrates and supports our troops and veterans, y'all. I hope the host wakes up one day to a next of spider eggs hatching in his ear.