10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I don't think that's a real possibility. The 100+ emails were just personally reviewed by the judge. So if the judge has them, I don't think Eastman can get away with not turning them over.
    Oh...right. Well, shit, Eastman's fucked.

Man even these kids know how fucked up this guy and this bill is.

These trumpkins are just a freaking mess with this bill in florida.

Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Man even these kids know how fucked up this guy and this bill is.

These trumpkins are just a freaking mess with this bill in florida.

I'm waiting to see how many of the people who passed this bill end up getting caught in airport bathrooms. Seems every time the GOP takes a swing at the LGBTQ Community they're the one taking the shot in the mouth.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...lter-rcna18328

Johns, who now runs the Instagram page for his college Republicans club, was one of the many young people who attended this year’s Conservative Political Action Conference, where new apps and tech platforms were making buzz by jockeying for attention via shoutouts from keynote speakers and stations on the convention floor.

That buzz was tempered by influencers who said while they do use these platforms, they don’t see them as a replacement for the wide reach of the mainstream options. Many of them used the phrase “echo chamber” when discussing their concerns about the platforms.

I think the challenge that a lot of these newer ones have is to not be an echo chamber for people who hold similar beliefs,” said Alex Weber, a content creator who was embraced by conservatives online after posting videos criticizing mask mandates, vaccine mandates and the mainstream media. “I think why Instagram and Facebook and all these are so impactful is because you’ve got all different types of people.
    In which conservative "Safe Space" social media networks continue to fail because conservatives can't make content that doesn't involve "owning the libs". They need "the libs" for their careers.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...lter-rcna18328

In which conservative "Safe Space" social media networks continue to fail because conservatives can't make content that doesn't involve "owning the libs". They need "the libs" for their careers.
    It's almost as if the entire Regressive/Contrarian platform is just built on a foundation of making people they don't like upset rather than pushing for any meaningful societal changes that they can discuss with peers.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    It's almost as if the entire Regressive/Contrarian platform is just built on a foundation of making people they don't like upset rather than pushing for any meaningful societal changes that they can discuss with peers.
    I was gonna check to see if Trump posted more than a single "Truth" but I guess it's a mobile app only? And iOS exclusive at the moment as it's not on Android.

Wasn't this thing supposed to launch months ago?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't this thing supposed to launch months ago?
    Their latest timeline was the end of March.

(looks at calendar)

Well, shit. Let's check up on things.

Still just the one post. Neat.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...ruth-rcna21735

Chris Wallace, now out at Fox and starting a new gig at CNN, is doing some interviews on his departure and why he left. It's on NYT which is paywalled, but NBC has the gist of it. It's not all "hard-news", lots of fluff interviews with folks like Shatner. Cool, whatever. But the salient bit -

He told The Times that he was particularly worried by anchor Tucker Carlson's implication that the Jan. 6, 2021, riot was a "false flag" operation meant to turn opinions against conservative Americans.

Some people might have drawn the line earlier, or at a different point,” Wallace told The Times.

He added: “I think Fox has changed over the course of the last year and a half. But I can certainly understand where somebody would say, ‘Gee, you were a slow learner, Chris.’”
    At least a bit of self awareness from Wallace, who seems very much to have a conservative bend but was at the very least largely focused more on factual news than propaganda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chris Wallace, now out at Fox and starting a new gig at CNN, is doing some interviews on his departure and why he left. It's on NYT which is paywalled, but NBC has the gist of it.
    Mostly.

So why did Mr. Wallace change the channel?

“I’m fine with opinion: conservative opinion, liberal opinion,” Mr. Wallace said in his first extensive interview about his decision to leave. “But when people start to question the truth — Who won the 2020 election? Was Jan. 6 an insurrection? — I found that unsustainable.”

“I spent a lot of 2021 looking to see if there was a different place for me to do my job,” he added.

The anchor was eager to describe what attracted him to his new gig: excitement about CNN+, the more freewheeling format of streaming TV — “I don’t have to say, you know, ‘Wolf Blitzer starts right now at 6:59:59’” — and the opportunity to expand beyond politics. In early episodes, he discusses space travel with the “Star Trek” actor William Shatner, asks the former Disney boss Bob Iger about meeting the pope, and at one point sings a warbling duet with the songstress Judy Collins.

But Mr. Wallace also acknowledged that he felt a shift at Fox News in the months after Donald J. Trump’s defeat in 2020 — a period when the channel ended its 7 p.m. newscast, fired the political editor who helped project a Trump loss in Arizona on election night and promoted hosts like Mr. Carlson who downplayed the Jan. 6 riot.
    The stuff you quoted.

Mr. Wallace is best known for his political expertise — he moderated two presidential debates, served as NBC’s chief White House correspondent and is an equal-opportunity griller of Democrats and Republicans — but he now plans to graze on other topics, including sports and the arts. Interviewing Ms. Collins, he chimes in with a few lyrics from her 1975 hit, “Send In the Clowns.”

“I wanted to get out of politics,” Mr. Wallace said, adding, “Doing a Sunday show on the incremental change from week to week in the Build Back Better plan began to lose its attraction.”

He demurred when asked about recent opinions expressed by Mr. Carlson and other Fox News commentators about Russia and Ukraine.

“One of the reasons that I left Fox was because I wanted to put all of that behind me,” Mr. Wallace said, adding that since his exit, “there has not been a moment when I have second-guessed myself about that decision.”

So I see John Lott Jr's. "peer reviewed proof of voter fraud" bullshit is doing the rounds again for some reason with conservative media and I'm not sure what prompted it.

Anyways, here's a report actually debunking his bullshit back in January.

https://www.hoover.org/sites/default...rro_eggers.pdf

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...m-1328721/amp/

In the continuing extremism and anti-intellectualism pervasive throughout American conservatism, we have former CBS News correspondent Lara Logan, remember she was the lady who was asked to leave following her (and her producer's) "60 Minutes" piece on Benghazi that was found to have been filled with a bunch of conspiracy theories.

What's she up to now?

Talking about how the theory of evolution is actually a Jewish conspiracy. No, I'm not joking.

Does anyone know who employed Darwin, where Darwinism comes from?” Logan, now with Fox News’ streaming service Fox Nation, asked. “Look it up: The Rothschilds. It goes back to 10 Downing Street. The same people who employed Darwin, and his theory of evolution and so on and so on. I’m not saying that none of that is true. I’m just saying Darwin was hired by someone to come up with a theory — based on evidence, OK, fine.

Logan rambled for a bit longer, but her point was that evolution is a “chicken or the egg” debate and “you can’t answer it scientifically” and, while we’re here, Jews are trying to control the world with their money.
    Don't believe me? Here's a recording of her saying this, weirdly interspliced with "And We Know".

https://twitter.com/ehananoki/status...48924255854597

And apparently because we don't know the exact origins of the universe, we just can't believe scientists.

Reminder: Despite their "strong friendship with Israel", that the backbone of the Republican party remains antisemitism. Hence why you see card carrying Nazi's running as Republicans, rather than Democrats. Though at least in this regard the Republican party rightfully shuns any Nazi candidate running under their banner.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.wkrn.com/news/tennessee-...-in-tennessee/

Remember how the Republican party now really cares about children and child sexual predators?

A proposal making its way through the state legislature would establish a common-law marriage between “one man” and “one woman.”

Opponents of the bill (HB 233) say it would eliminate an age requirement, and in some instances, open the door for a coverup of child sex abuse.

The bill’s sponsor, Tom Leatherwood (R-Arlington) said the law being considered would add a new marriage option for Tennesseans. “So, all this bill does is give an alternative form of marriage for those pastors and other individuals who have a conscientious objection to the current pathway to marriage in our law.”

But missing from the bill are age requirements, opening the door for possible child marriages. Something the bill sponsor acknowledged during a Children and Family Affairs subcommittee. “There is not an explicit age limit,” Leatherwood said.

Representative Mike Stewart (D-Nashville), who sits on the subcommittee the bill passed out of, said he doesn’t understand the motivation. “I don’t think any normal person thinks we shouldn’t have an age requirement for marriage.”
    They're proposing legislation to legalize child marriage in Tennessee.

Under current Tennessee law, you can get married as young as 17 with parental consent.
    And the current law seems pretty fine as-is. So...I'm not sure what the pointless legislation that just opens the door to potential child marriage is for?

Do you people seriously believe Trump is going to suffer consequences for Jan 6? Get real. He is untouchable and he always will be. The ship has sailed. We lost, corruption won.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Do you people seriously believe Trump is going to suffer consequences for Jan 6? Get real. He is untouchable and he always will be. The ship has sailed. We lost, corruption won.
    Extremely doubtful, but I'll call it a win as long as it makes him squirm.

Extremely doubtful, but I'll call it a win as long as it makes him squirm.
    We spent decades making the powerful nearly impossible to prosecute. This is the chickens coming home to roost.
    -ynnady

We spent decades making the powerful nearly impossible to prosecute. This is the chickens coming home to roost.
    Trump will drag it out till he dies of old age, but we can drag it out and expose his children's complicit acts in it along with multiple others and make sure to take away all the back taxes owed till he has nothing left and actually force his kids to deal with the consequences of what they participated in and potentially force them to actually start living like real people and not such parasites.

As it stands, nothing we do could actually hold Trump truly accountable, he could be indicted tomorrow, lose everything he owns, go to prison and be left alone with a group of inmates whom his racist history doesn't sit well with and him survive the next 10 years, that still wouldn't make up for all the time and stuff he got away with till this point.

But, we take the fortune that he owes and leave his kids actually having to do something to make it instead of coasting on daddies crimes, especially since their godfather Putin won't be able to help them as much anymore.

Edit: All while his supporters twist in the winds about how great of a businessman he was and a leader.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Trump will drag it out till he dies of old age, but we can drag it out and expose his children's complicit acts in it along with multiple others and make sure to take away all the back taxes owed till he has nothing left and actually force his kids to deal with the consequences of what they participated in and potentially force them to actually start living like real people and not such parasites.

As it stands, nothing we do could actually hold Trump truly accountable, he could be indicted tomorrow, lose everything he owns, go to prison and be left alone with a group of inmates whom his racist history doesn't sit well with and him survive the next 10 years, that still wouldn't make up for all the time and stuff he got away with till this point.

But, we take the fortune that he owes and leave his kids actually having to do something to make it instead of coasting on daddies crimes, especially since their godfather Putin won't be able to help them as much anymore.

Edit: All while his supporters twist in the winds about how great of a businessman he was and a leader.
    None of that is going to happen. He is going to remain free until the day he dies and continue living in comical levels of opulence until then, as will his children.
    -ynnady

None of that is going to happen. He is going to remain free until the day he dies and continue living in comical levels of opulence until then, as will his children.
    Now that remains to be seen, Trump only has to drag it out for a few more years tops before he dies, so he has the ability to dodge consequences personally. His kids don't have that ability, especially considering they aren't charged with hurting poor people, they charged with stealing from rich people and the federal government with mountains of evidence and the collective public wanting justice as well.

The only way his kids dodge this is if they flee to a non-extradition country before it gets too far gone. You forget, the Trumps aren't rich, they just pretend to be, and they owe actual rich people as well.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Now that remains to be seen, Trump only has to drag it out for a few more years tops before he dies, so he has the ability to dodge consequences personally. His kids don't have that ability, especially considering they aren't charged with hurting poor people, they charged with stealing from rich people and the federal government with mountains of evidence and the collective public wanting justice as well.

The only way his kids dodge this is if they flee to a non-extradition country before it gets too far gone. You forget, the Trumps aren't rich, they just pretend to be, and they owe actual rich people as well.
    How many years are you guys going to say this before you realize it is never going to happen? You are starting to sound like the Q maniacs. ANY DAY NOW! ITS COMING! WE WILL JUST PUSH THE DATE BACK A LITTLE FARTHER! No, it isn't happening. Powerful people don't suffer those types of consequences in the US. End of story.

The absolute worst case scenario for Trump is his case ends up at the Supreme Court and they throw it all out. Stop deluding yourselves.
    -ynnady

How many years are you guys going to say this before you realize it is never going to happen? You are starting to sound like the Q maniacs. ANY DAY NOW! ITS COMING! WE WILL JUST PUSH THE DATE BACK A LITTLE FARTHER! No, it isn't happening. Powerful people don't suffer those types of consequences in the US. End of story.

The absolute worst case scenario for Trump is his case ends up at the Supreme Court and they throw it all out. Stop deluding yourselves.
    Your half right, powerful people don't suffer consequences when they rob or abuse the weak. Trump didn't rob the weak, he robbed the rich and put a massive target on his back along with his families screwing over and lying as publicly as possible while doing it.

The rich typically avoid punishment by both NOT ROBBING THE RICH, and not putting a giant spotlight on their deeds and letting their power to kill justice in the dark, not so easy to kill it in full public view with the public frothing at the mouth for justice outside of their cult members.

And you also forget that Trump isn't rich, he owes more than he is worth and his power is based solely on cult members at this point and nothing else. No money to back it, no real business sense to back it, and his political power is based solely on his cult members as well.

Trump can dodge consequences by waiting out the clock till he dies, his kids don't have that option short of dying young, they don't have his cult members and Trumps debt collectors will get access to his stuff when he dies before his family will.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2022-03-29 at 02:35 AM.

THE FURRIES ARE IN OUR SCHOOLS AND SCHOOLS ARE PROVIDING THEM WITH LITTER BOXES

https://twitter.com/jonnykip21/statu...85363177861124

I can't believe this forwarded email chain from grandma is still doing the rounds with boomer Republicans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pence testified under oath that Trump was warned of Jan 6 violence before it happened.

Cheney said at a Monday hearing that the committee has interviewed "hundreds of witnesses with knowledge of the events of Jan. 6," including "more than a dozen" former Trump staffers.

"We have learned that President Trump and his team were warned, in advance and repeatedly, that the efforts they undertook to overturn the 2020 election would violate the law and our Constitution," she said.

"They were warned that January 6th could, and likely would, turn violent."

The hearing was to consider recommending holding former Trump aides Peter Navarro and Dan Scavino in contempt of Congress for refusing to comply with the panel's subpoenas.
    In case anyone was wondering why people said Trump could face charges.

- - - Updated - - -

Also more members of Team Trump facing contempt charges for refusing to testify.