Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    He'd be out of the chain of command, why would being in the military have anything to do with it? There some reg that requires that?
    I think that was for the caveat of the sitting president.
    Ex-president? Nope
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Obliged? No. Unless you're in the military, you're not obliged to call them anything. It is the proper form of address, though.
    As a note; this is a uniquely American weirdo thing, and only really seems to exist as a reflection of the aristocracy you once overthrew. Especially since it's not just Presidents that you do this with, it's military officers, judges, other political positions, etc.

It's weird as hell.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/19/2022...enate-run.html

"Man of the people" and television celebrity Dr. Oz continues to have some struggles to be relatable when he's trying to post videos complaining about gas prices to push down videos of him wake boarding in Italy.

[Veteran physician and Pennsylvania Senate candidate Dr. Mehmet Oz has little-known, but close ties to the heirs of the DuPont chemical fortune who are financially backing Oz’s Senate run, according to a review of campaign finance records.

Oz, who amassed his own multimillion-dollar fortune as the host of “The Dr. Oz Show,” is related to Ben duPont by way of the men’s respective marriages to sisters Lisa and Laura Lemole. DuPont, who uses a slightly different spelling of the du Pont family name on his company website and LinkedIn, has donated $70,000 to a political action committee that’s solely dedicated to helping Oz’s run for Senate. Oz has also received $50,000 in speaking fees from a political group founded by Ben duPont’s late father, former Delaware Gov. Pete du Pont, who died last year.
    Why do all these wealthy grifters need to beg for money from regular folks, again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Going from strength to strength at Truth Social!
    Huh...didn't I report on this?

(checks thread)

Holy shit, exactly 24 hours ago. It's still slow?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...ht-wing-media/

Conservatives are big-mad that WashPo revealed the identify of the woman behind the "Libs of TikTok" account on TikTok/Twitter. Her name is Chaya Raichik, a Brooklyn real-estate broker.

Why? Because this is "doxxing"!

Except it's not. Given the growth of the account, given that it's garnered the attention of notable conservative outlets like The Federalist and influences like Joe Rogan, and given that there appears to be a direct line between the content this account pushes and legislative action in Florida, the operator has absolutely become a person of public interest given their influence in the public sphere.

What is the account? You can guess, probably. Just lots of misinformation on covid, lots of crying about Sea Are Tee, pushing the Big Lie etc.

If you wan to stay an anonymous shitposter on the internet, make sure you limit your reach/growth so that you don't unintentionally find yourself a person of public interest.

- - - Updated - - -

https://abovethelaw.com/2022/04/mask...n-for-reasons/

More on how the Trump-appointed judge that the ABA views as unqualified for her role decided to rescind the CDC mask mandate.

TLDR: It's literally as retarded, contradictory, and cherry-picking as you think it is. It should be, and will likely be, challenged and allowed to remain once it's in front of a judge who isn't an activist conservative judge groomed and trained by the Heritage Foundation and/or Federalist Society.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022...y-dont-say-gay

In which Ted Cruz apparently spends a lot of time thinking about an anthropomorphic cartoon mouse and a normal cartoon dog having sex, and how this could somehow get passed the FCC and onto TV's in front of children.

I think there are people who are misguided, trying to drive, you know, Disney stepping in, saying, you know, in every episode now they’re gonna have, you know, Mickey and Pluto going at it. Like, really? It’s just like, come on guys, these are kids, and you know, you could always shift to Cinemax if you want that. Like, why do you have—it used to be, look, I’m a dad. You used to be able to put your kids on the Disney Channel and be like, alright, something innocuous will happen.
    Like, will journalists start asking the hard hitting questions? Like, "Senator, when did you first start fantasizing about an anthropomorphic cartoon mouse and a cartoon dog having sex?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022...y-dont-say-gay

In which Ted Cruz apparently spends a lot of time thinking about an anthropomorphic cartoon mouse and a normal cartoon dog having sex, and how this could somehow get passed the FCC and onto TV's in front of children.

Like, will journalists start asking the hard hitting questions? Like, "Senator, when did you first start fantasizing about an anthropomorphic cartoon mouse and a cartoon dog having sex?"
    And you know he picked "Mickey and Pluto" rather than, say, "Mickey and Goofy", because they just have to shoehorn in the idea that LGBTQIA++ is cheek-and-jowl next to bestiality.

Gotta pick the dog-character that's a pet rather than the anthropomorphic dog that talks, because you're just that much extra shithead than most of your fellow shitheads.

Because these Republicans are bigoted fuckheads who shouldn't be allowed to oversee a kindergarten class as a lunch monitor, let alone run a country.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And you know he picked "Mickey and Pluto" rather than, say, "Mickey and Goofy", because they just have to shoehorn in the idea that LGBTQIA++ is cheek-and-jowl next to bestiality.
    I mean, they're technically all furries anyways, and we've already heard them promoting that furry panic about SCHOOLS WITH LITTER BOXES FOR FURRIES!!!!!!!!

Because these Republicans are bigoted fuckheads who shouldn't be allowed to oversee a kindergarten class as a lunch monitor, let alone run a country.
    Given the disturbing frequency with which Republican officials end up getting caught as pederasts, Republicans probably largely shouldn't be allowed around children unsupervised to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a note; this is a uniquely American weirdo thing, and only really seems to exist as a reflection of the aristocracy you once overthrew. Especially since it's not just Presidents that you do this with, it's military officers, judges, other political positions, etc.

It's weird as hell.
    We do it too. Former PMs (also former GGs and chief justices) get styled "The Right Honourable" for life.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    We do it too. Former PMs (also former GGs and chief justices) get styled "The Right Honourable" for life.
    That's a little different. Those aren't titles, per se; they're honorifics.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    That's a little different. Those aren't titles, per se; they're honorifics.
    Also that comes from being on the Privy Council where membership is for life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump fights back against NY contempt charges on the legal grounds of "I just don't want to".

The AG's office moved towards contempt charges April 7, saying Trump's personal documents had been subpoena'd and Trump didn't comply. Trump's lawyers are claiming they looked around but didn't find anything. "Seriously, all that evidence of Trump's tax fraud you were asking about? Gosh golly, we can't seem to find it," they basically said.

If Trump is serious about this defense, then he's asking to be raided. The NY AG would not have gotten a subpoena without good faith knowledge Trump had things NY needed to see. "We looked, we didn't find anything" isn't expected to work very well.

https://apnews.com/article/covid-hea...52c6918c308470

The AP numbers show that overall, 191 Democrats, nearly 9-in-10, and 112 Republicans, just over half, have used proxy votes this year, cast by colleagues present in the chamber. While Democrats had previously used proxies heavily, just a handful of Republicans did so in 2020, the year the procedure began.
    Huh, so after suing last year to end the use of proxy votes altogether, Republicans seem like they actually quite like voting by proxy.

Weird how Democrats have to drag them kicking and screaming towards their own ultimate best interests, but there you go. It's a pretty amusing microcosm of the broader national politics at play, Democrats dragging Republicans slowly towards their own interests while they fight kicking and screaming the whole time.

What a bunch of unprincipled hypocrites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well to be fair, only the majority of them are proven hypocrites. It's not a lock that a Republican is a hypocrite, just a scientifically proven smart bet.

https://apnews.com/article/covid-hea...52c6918c308470

Huh, so after suing last year to end the use of proxy votes altogether, Republicans seem like they actually quite like voting by proxy.

Weird how Democrats have to drag them kicking and screaming towards their own ultimate best interests, but there you go. It's a pretty amusing microcosm of the broader national politics at play, Democrats dragging Republicans slowly towards their own interests while they fight kicking and screaming the whole time.

In this day and age what's even the rational behind not being for proxy's?

10+ Year Old Account
    In yet another loss for Trump, his State Department Spokesblonde Morgan Ortagus was kicked off the 2022 ballot. She was running for Tennessee's 5th until a few hours ago.

"Those vile, scheming Democrats!"

Actually it was a Republican-led effort. She admitted so in public.

I am deeply disappointed in the SEC’s decision. I’m a bonafide Republican by their standards, and frankly, by any metric. I’m further disappointed that the party insiders at the Tennessee Republican Party do not seem to share my commitment to Trump’s America First policies.
    SEC refers to State Executive Committee.

"Which of Trump's policies that she loves so much do these RINOs object to?"

None, near as I can tell. But she doesn't live there. TN's RNC says you have to vote in 3 of the last 4 primaries, which she could only have done through election fraud, so let's not rule that out yet but she hasn't been caught. She wanted to move to the state and immediately run for office (also known as "pulling a Clinton") and by pre-existing conditions, she can't do that. She didn't live in the district she wants to represent until...okay bad example, it was just redrawn. But she didn't live in the state until Trump legally and fairly lost the election. She could not have voted in the previous primaries.

So yeah, naturally it's a mixture of blaming others when the rules apply to them for their actions, and crying into their single scoop of ice cream.

Incidentally this won't be a problem in the future. Not only will the RNC continue to enforce this policy....somewhat, apparently if you break the rules you can still participate if enough people vouch for you, which they didn't in this case, that should tell her something...but it'll be flat-out illegal. A bill was passed saying you had to live there three years. She should consider herself lucky she snuck in just before the deadline.

"Wow, I'm surprised the Republican TN govt passed such a bill!"

They're nearly all Republican and it passed by a wide margin. They're leading the charge to throw out carpetbaggers in the Party of Trump, it seems.

"Gov. Lee will answer for signing this law, which is a crime against Trump!"

He didn't sign it. He didn't veto it either, so by doing neither it became law on its own. It would not have mattered if he did veto it, it would have re-passed anyhow.

"Well I guess that's that. I suppose Trump will accept the defeat of his preferred, endorsed candidate with quiet, dignity, and grace."

there are RINOs in Tennessee trying to quietly pull strings and illegally remove Trump’s endorsed candidate, Morgan Ortagus, from the ballot
    -- Trump via spokesdude

"...he didn't happen to cite which law was broken?"

Well, considering it was RNC policies and not TN law, I'm going to go with "none".

Ortagus, and the other two people TN RNC kicked out but weren't endorsed by Trump so who cares, have vowed to fight this to the bitter end. Which if I'm reading this right, was several hours ago. It's over.

Nothing is more satisifying than seeing the Republican Party attempt to purge the Party of Trump from their ranks. Especially considering they'll fail. These three might be gone, but the party is still as infested with Trump cultists as a decaying elephant with fat orange maggots. The satisfaction comes from watching the corpse wheeze its last and decompose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    I think it's filed under the Party of Trump bylaw of FUCK YOU I'M NOT WEARING A MASK LIVING IN FEAR ANTIFAAAAAAAAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    "It's not explicitly allowed in the Constitution!"

Which went about as well as you expect, in that they're voting remotely now because their legal challenge failed.

- - - Updated - - -

https://thehill.com/news/campaign/32...ame-on-ballot/

In further evidence that the Republican party has truly lost the ability to think beyond buzzwords: A Colorado lawmaker and candidate for the House is suing to add "Let's Go Brandon" as part of his name on the ballot.

Because apparently "Let's Go Brandon" is his nickname because these people have no actual identities as individuals.

I still can't believe how bigly that phrase caught on with Trump supporters, but I guess it shouldn't be surprising. They've made it clear that they have lost any ability to think for themselves long, long ago and will just mindlessly parrot "important buzzword" or "important phrase" endlessly without ever stopping to think about said word or phrase for a second.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been 24+ hours. Has CyberTrump 2077 stopped crashing?

(checks news and Reddit)

Doesn't seem like it at first. But I did stumble across this.

Digital World Acquisition could plummet 78% as regulatory scrutiny means it will likely never merge with Trump's Truth Social media platform, short seller says
    Before we continue, even if this means 78% from its current low price, $45.53 it fell another six percent today, that's $10 a share. If that price sounds familiar, it should, that was its price at launch.

In September 2021, DWAC conducted its IPO by selling 30 million units (shares plus warrants) to 11 institutional investors, as well as the founder, at $10 per unit, raising around $300 million. The SPAC is currently trading over $70 per share, so the SPAC is worth more than $2 billion today. For the original IPO investors, the SPAC has been a great deal thus far, earning them at least a 500% return. However, whether it will be a great deal for the investors who bought in after the IPO is questionable.
    (this article is dated Jan 21st after the first day of trading, and titled "Buyer Be Careful In The SPAC/Trump Media Deal" The author must be feeling pretty good right now)

So that's why it will fall 78%. As a SPAC, when the deal goes awry, the investors get their money back. It can't fall below $10 to the best of my knowledge.

That view is driven by Kerrisdale's belief that DWAC will fail to complete its merger with Truth Social, combined with the fact that poor execution at Truth Social puts into question its ability to successfully launch an alternative social media platform.

"DWAC's stock has much further to fall given the demonstrably misleading statements in DWAC's registration statement, the status of TMTG's operations at the time the merger agreement was executed, the cast of characters seeking to consummate that merger and those individuals' flagrant disregard for SEC rules and regulations," Kerrisdale said.
    What? Trump supporters flagrantly disregarding rules? Noooooooooo. I'll tell Ortagus and we'll storm the Capitol!

"DWAC is not just another dubious 2021 SPAC; it is a poster child for some of the worst abuses the investment vehicle has spawned," Kerrisdale said.

And even if a deal does get done between Truth Social and Digital World, the company's current valuation "is absurd and financial projections are based on the flimsiest of assumptions," Kerrisdale said.

With no financial performance to speak of, a bug-riddled launch of the social media platform last month, and a slew of executive departures early into the company's formation, a pro-forma market valuation of $8.2 billion is too high, according to the short report.

"Subscriber projections for Truth Social are based on an unreliable Politico poll, while the Truth Social
    streaming video on demand service is supposed to miraculously win 50% of Netflix's US subscriber base by 2026 by streaming 'non-woke' entertainment without any explanation as to how it will afford billions of dollars in content," Kerrisdale said.
    "Well it sounds silly when you put it like that."

It always sounded silly. Or stupid. Anyone just now realizing it is late to the party, welcome, take your coat off, there's no Cheetos tho.

The same guy also suggested the SEC, the one you're thinking of this time, is looking at making an example out of DWAC as a warning to SPACs in general. They seem to have the whole PAC/Super PAC thing going that you can use one to hide information from the other or something, I'm not super clear on that. But just like it's not a witch hunt to go after Trump for committing crimes, it wasn't hard to find a reason to go after DWAC, after negotiating with their intended target (you're not allowed to do that) and being partly Chinese (sketchy as fuck). Even the Jan 21st article I quoted said the SEC investigation was likely a death sentence, and that was before CyberTrump 2077 proved itself to be worthless on the world stage, and the current price still says it's worth a billion dollars. See also: sketchy as fuck.

I do love that this article, paired with a six percent drop, came right after Nunes screaming "ALL IS WELL!"

I'm sure someone will come along and argue this totally isn't why they're pulling out of the debates. Fun read, though. TIL Piers Morgan isn't real and interviews you demand are over aren't actually over until you can talk about your most recent hole-in-one lol
    "I don't think you are real."

Man, just giving up the game that they live in a land of pure imagination, not our shared reality.

Not sure where exactly to put this but the Florida Senate has passed the bill to punish Disney for not being the biggoted bitches the local GOP are and attempting to strip them of their self-governing status, now it has to pass the house.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=uxbndlbing

Really would love to see this backfire in their faces and watch Disney pull out of Florida over it. Kinda sad when the only times the GOP wants to strike at Disney is one of the few things they actually do right. When Disney tries to attack workers or copyrights, they standby and allow it, but coming out against being bigots, that's unforgivable...
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Shame that the fragility is very real, especially when they try to paint those on the left as fragile. Trump is such a weak, weak man.
    "Those libs are triggered so easily!"

"...Trump lost the election and Biden won."

trollface.jpg

"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"