10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Can you Still protest on a public street that just so happens to be conveniently near a person’s house?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Can you Still protest on a public street that just so happens to be conveniently near a person’s house?
    From the article:
    The new legislation, signed on Monday, makes it a second-degree misdemeanour to protest in a manner that is aimed at intentionally harassing or disturbing someone in their home.

Violators face 60 days in jail and fines of up to $500. Protesters can only be arrested after ignoring law enforcement’s orders to disperse.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    From the article:
    Except we all know that vague line is intentionally vague to allow for just about anything.

What qualifies as "intentionally harassing or disturbing"? Is it standing silently with signs? Writing on the sidewalk with chalk? Can they pray out loud?

This is fuckin Florida, ratfuckery is literally built into their legislation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Except we all know that vague line is intentionally vague to allow for just about anything.

What qualifies as "intentionally harassing or disturbing"? Is it standing silently with signs? Writing on the sidewalk with chalk? Can they pray out loud?

This is fuckin Florida, ratfuckery is literally built into their legislation.
    I took the question to mean: "what if you're protesting something completely different and just happen to be in front of some unrelated person's home, can the cops use that as an excuse to arrest people?"

If you want the bill text, then here:
    It is unlawful for a person to picket or protest before or about the dwelling of any person with the intent to harass or disturb that person in his or her dwelling.
    So a good lawyer will at least be able to argue the "intent to harass" and "in his or her dwelling". If there's no intent to harass, or if it's not audible inside the home, then we'll have to see how the courts decide.
    Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2022-05-17 at 06:55 PM.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Especially since a surprising number of competitions are only segregated by gender because they were traditionally male-only, then they let women join, and then a woman won, so they segregated them.
    Care to give some examples, or is this the Trump-thread where we all exaggerate like Trump?

In some sports and other competitions there is no segregation and women sometimes win, without calls for segregation.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Care to give some examples, or is this the Trump-thread where we all exaggerate like Trump?
    Sure! Olympic skeet shooting was originally co-ed, albeit heavily male-dominated. After a Chinese woman, Zhang Shan, won the gold in 1992, they segregated it. Then, when not enough women signed up in 1996, they canceled women's shooting altogether for the year so Zhang Shan didn't even get to compete again until 2000.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2022-05-17 at 08:56 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Get back on topics relevant to this thread.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/05/...falo-shooting/

Welp, Trump crazies are still dumb.

Wendy Rogers is now under ethics investigation by a unanimous vote in the state Senate chamber. That means every other Republican supported it.

For what reason? I don't know, maybe her claiming that the Buffalo shooting was a federal false flag.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/05/...falo-shooting/

Welp, Trump crazies are still dumb.

Wendy Rogers is now under ethics investigation by a unanimous vote in the state Senate chamber. That means every other Republican supported it.

For what reason? I don't know, maybe her claiming that the Buffalo shooting was a federal false flag.
    They'll give her a limp slap on the wrist, and make her promise not to do it again.
    There will be much hang wringing and reassurances that she won't do it again.
    Until she does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Get back on topics relevant to this thread.
    If you insist.

Trump has been making transphobia an issue by going through women's sports for at least a year.

Donald Trump Says Push For Transgender Rights 'Will Destroy Women's Sports'

From May 21st.

"This is insane and it's going to destroy women's sports," Trump told Newsmax TV host Dick Morris on Saturday. "It's so ridiculous. I can't even believe we've got to have a conversation about it, actually," he added.

"It's insane; it's very unfair to women," he said. "It's going to destroy women's sports if it hasn't already done it."
    But that was last year. What has Trump said more recently?

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-...cted-rcna14248

Who knew trans athletes were such a major issue for the US their participation in sports is now a presidential campaign tentpole.

Seriously, Republicans are the most boring of pointlessly hateful bigots around.

“We will ban men from participating in women’s sports,” Trump said during a rally in Conroe, Texas, on Saturday. “So ridiculous.”
    Good news for them, that's already happened. Men can't participate in competitive women's sports, though trans athletes can.

Weird that they never seem to mention the male trans athletes competing against other men. You'd think that if this wasn't a transparently bigoted attack on a marginalized community that they'd be even handed with this.
    That was Jan 31st of this year, but what else have we learned?

Trump rants in CPAC speech that women's sports 'will die' if trans athletes are allowed to compete

Feb 28th. Three months ago.

During his speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference on Sunday, former President Donald Trump said women's sports will "die" if trans athletes are allowed to compete.

"Joe Biden and the Democrats are even pushing policies that would destroy women sports," Trump said, apparently in reference to the Equality Act, which seeks to expand protections for the LGBTQ community and was passed in the House last week.

He added, "If this does not change, women's sports as we know it will die."
    That's Trump saying it at CPAC, meaning it's not just Trump but also the Republican Party making an issue out of this. Near as I can tell, the RNC, CPAC, nor even individual attendees didn't protest or condemn this.

Incidentally, Trump led by saying he won the election twice and was cheered. Wanna see the video?

Election results, critical race theory, trans athletes among topics at Trump rally in Ga.

From March 26th. Two months ago.

Trans athletes were a hot-button issue of the event. Numerous speakers harped on the idea
    Now I'm going to quote that part again.

Numerous speakers harped on the idea
    And one more time, for good measure.

Numerous speakers harped on the ideathat transwomen should not be allowed to compete in women's athletics.

“We must protect women’s sports,” Trump said.

Trump also brought up Lia Thomas, a trans swimmer at the University of Pennsylvania who won the NCAA national championship in the women's 500-yard freestyle. He said Thomas and other trans athletes competing had an unfair advantage.

“It’s really taking away women’s rights,” he said of the topic.
    Trump goes off on transgender athletes on Piers Morgan show, agrees with ban

April 26th, three weeks ago.

Trump, responding to a question about controversial transgender swimmer Lia Thomas, said he sided with UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson, who suggested the ban.

“I do, I do,” the former president said about whether he agreed with the ban.

“I agreed with it long before anybody else. I think it’s ridiculous. And it’s bad for the Democrats because they’re not going to do that.”

Morgan then asked, “One of the big questions being put to lots of politicians right now is what is a woman?”

“I’m not going to respond to the question,” Trump answered.
    Hmm. Trump was asked directly what a woman was and choked on the question. Wow, kind of defeats some talking points, doesn't it?

“But a woman is somebody that swims at a certain time and doesn’t get beaten by 38 seconds by somebody that wasn’t even a good swimmer as a man.”
    And that part doesn't even make sense.

Trump then, in that interview, used the same weightlifting example he used in the previous story. Go ahead and click both links, it's the same story.

Inside the Right-Wing Movement to Ban Trans Youth From Sports

That's a TIME article from literally yesterday.

But the reason for this explosion in sports bans isn’t a surge of trans student athletes dominating the playing field, political strategists and LGBTQ advocates say. It’s politics, plain and simple. Conservative groups and lawmakers realized that the issue could reliably excite Republicans and potential swing voters, drawing them into broader cultural debates surrounding trans rights in the U.S.—battles that tend to serve Republicans electorally.

“[These] bans are gaining steam for the same reason that election audits and [critical race theory] bans have been popular over the past year,” says Republican strategist Sarah Longwell, who has been critical of the Republican Party under Donald Trump. “They are PR campaigns masquerading as legislation, designed to keep culture wars at the center of the conversation.”

While Republican lawmakers claim the bans are designed to protect women, rather than to discriminate against a vulnerable group, LGBTQ advocates argue they are a solution in search of a problem. There are vanishingly few examples nationwide of trans athletes attempting to compete at all, and those that do are subject to local policies. In Michigan, for example, the Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA) reviews whether trans athletes can play on a case-by-case basis, and the MHSAA told the Detroit Free Press that they’ve had an average of two requests a year—out of 180,000 high school athletes in the state.
    Emphasis mine, but not mine alone. Read back the last few dozen posts on the subject. Most of us have said this. That's why we're posting on that topic, in this thread, where it belongs.

And this is not the first time this subject has been discussed this way.

GOP seizes on women’s sports as unlikely wedge issue

From March 10th. Of last year. I don't feel I need to quote it but I will anyhow.

Eager to find a winning culture war issue, former President Donald Trump and other GOP leaders are increasingly touting themselves as champions of women in sports by pushing back against President Joe Biden’s efforts to expand transgender rights.
    And they're still doing it -- and I think a long-running public outcry by Trump and the party he speaks for is absolutely on topic.

Yes, Trump is not the only one making a large, public deal about women's sports while their followers mass murder people for their race in the streets. Hey, did you see the video of Don Jr talking about trans sports on FOX News? They cut away from him. Possibly because at the time FOX News wasn't ready to take a stance, possibly because it was Jan 6th 2021.

I have posted on topic, just like you asked. It has been on topic for a while. It will be on topic for a while longer, as you can see from those above dates, Trump seems to mention it at the end of each month, so hold your breath, the next time'll be along in a few days, maybe a week. When that happens, it will still be relevant, it will still be on-topic, and it will still be deplorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    They'll give her a limp slap on the wrist, and make her promise not to do it again.
    There will be much hang wringing and reassurances that she won't do it again.
    Until she does.
    Traitors deserve a firing squad. This isn't directed at anything in particular or any specific person. I just felt the need to say the punishment I think traitors deserve and I just happened to grab your comment when hitting the reply button.

As another has said, lets just go co-ed sports leagues and put that issue to rest.

Just like with the bathroom bills, just get rid of multi-stall bathrooms and have them start putting single stall unisex restrooms up which sidesteps that whole thing entirely as there will only be 1 person in that room at a time and it won't matter what gender they are or identify as.

When it comes to sports, if they keep it by gender, I can see a legit reason why with trans people for the exact same reason why we don't allow people with steroids in. If a man transitions into a woman, while anatomically a female, they will be the equivalent of a female who has spent their entire lives on performance enhancing drugs just from the natural hormone differences between males and females. So, just bypass that and make it unisex as well and let that issue die there.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Traitors deserve a firing squad. This isn't directed at anything in particular or any specific person. I just felt the need to say the punishment I think traitors deserve and I just happened to grab your comment when hitting the reply button.
    Coincidentally, that is one of the possible consequences for one who commits treason.

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Coincidentally, that is one of the possible consequences for one who commits treason.
    ACTUAL treason, though, not just "insufficiently obeisant to Republican policies patriotic" treason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we any closer to indicting trump yet?

https://twitter.com/KnowNothingTV/st...4217858236416?

Our "Modern Day Walter Cronkite", Joe Rogan, increasingly popular in conservative circles for his terrible takes on everything, is still stupid.

After going on a rant about an Australian bill that would outlaw growing food, he and his guest find out...it's fake. And Joe's actually kinda upset because MAN IT WAS A REALLY FUN THING TO BE OUTRAGED ABOUT! And his guest, who I don't know, similarly dismissive of the fact that the bill is fake, because THE FAKE IS A WARNING OF WHAT'S TO COME.

Honestly, the smoothbrains are gonna fuckin kill us, y'all. Joe Rogan is a retards idea of what a smart person is in the same way Trump is a poor persons idea of what a rich person is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Joe Rogan has some big Jim Breuer energy goin in that clip. Dude has never been all that funny and this right wing rot is just making him worse. He should stick to talking about fighting.
    A good description of Joe Rogan.

Disappointed that's not a greentext, but that is extremely accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Can and should be struck down by the courts, will it? Probably not. But since they ruled that doctors that provide abortions, and abortion clinics can't have buffer zones, then neither can judges that are violating the fucking constitution.

More bad news for the Intellectual Dark Web crowd that loves Rogan and Peterson

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/...89811250077696

Peterson is having his staff change his twitter password so he's no longer tempted to use it, because he has no self control. In response to criticism of his criticism of Sports Illustrated choosing to have a cover model he disagreed with.

He's still posting though, lol. Truly the "intellectual dark web" is the greatest collection of losers.