https://www.thedailybeast.com/blake-...people-frankly

So how's the discussion on gun violence going in Republican circles?

It’s people in Chicago, St. Louis shooting each other. Very often, you know, Black people, frankly
    AZ Republicans Senate candidate Blake Masters. Surely this is just a bad choice of words and he's not racist...right?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...acement-theory

Three weeks ago in Arizona, Republican Senate candidate Blake Masters accused Democrats of trying to flood the nation with millions of immigrants “to change the demographics of our country.”
    Welp...great replacement theory it is, yeah, he is a racist fuck.

Not shocking.

IN OTHER NEWS

https://www.businessinsider.com/desa...li-wapo-2022-6

DeSantis's press secretary had to belatedly register as a foreign agent for work she'd done for the Georgian president in recent years. Not a huge deal, just interesting how often Republicans seem to surround themselves with unregistered foreign agents.

AND TO CAP IT ALL OFF -

https://www.bmj.com/content/377/bmj-2021-069308

This is a study on life expectancy by county from 2001-19. The conclusion?

Conclusion: The mortality gap in Republican voting counties compared with Democratic voting counties has grown over time, especially for white populations, and that gap began to widen after 2008.
    Well...that doesn't sound very pro-life.

10+ Year Old Account
    So let's t--

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Eastman was told by a judge today that he had to turn over a bunch of emails to j6 committee
    Okay, well, got beat to that punch. So here's some others.

Trump begged the SS to let him march on Jan 6th.

Apparently, the SS did as they were ordered and called the local police to arrange for a motorcade. The local police said "that's a fat orange fucking stupid idea, it's too dangerous" and the SS therefore told Trump no. So, Trump had been told by both local police and the SS that the situation was dangerous, and as we've seen, then stopped answering his official phone for hours and watched the violence on TV.

House Oversight opens investigation into Trump's foreign gifts

Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.), who chairs the committee, alleged in the letter that the Trump administration failed to report gifts that the former president received from foreign governments based on information provided by the Department of State to the committee.

Like all federal officers and employees, the president is prohibited from receiving personal gifts from foreign governments and foreign officials without the consent of Congress.

Such gifts, however, are considered property of the U.S. government and are handled by the National Archives after they are reported to the State Department by the Executive Office of the President.
    We knew this was coming. Trump basically flat-out stole from the White House and the American people. Or, you could say he took foreign bribes. Or both.

The committee, citing public records, alleged that Trump accepted multiple gifts from foreign sources in 2020 that did not appear on a public list compiled by the State Department.

These allegedly include a bust of Mahatma Gandhi that he received during a trip to India, a Louis Vuitton golf bag and photographs from French President Emmanuel Macron, and a gold-framed portrait of himself from the Prime Minister of Vietnam, according to the letter.
    (sigh)

Cipollone is in talks to publicly testify.

So this guy is ready to talk about Trump's efforts to overthrow the election, but not necessarily via murderous insurrection. Specifically:

Cipollone was one of the few aides who was with Trump in the West Wing on Jan. 6. ABC News previously reported that in the days following the attack on the Capitol, he advised Trump that Trump could potentially face civil liability in connection with his role encouraging supporters to march on the Capitol.

Both Cipollone and Philbin were part of a Jan. 3 Oval Office meeting where Trump insisted on replacing Rosen with Clark, a Trump loyalist who had vowed to use the Department of Justice to investigate the election.

The officials in that meeting also debated a proposal by Clark to send a letter to state officials in Georgia urging officials in the state to investigate unfounded claims of fraud with an eye toward overturning President Joe Biden's victory in the state.

According to Donoghue, Cipollone and Philbin made it clear to Trump that they would resign if Clark were installed, with Cipollone describing the Georgia letter as a "murder-suicide pact" that would "damage anyone and anything that it touches," according to a Senate committee report released last year that detailed instances where Trump and his allies sought to use the DOJ to overturn the election.
    I will assert the usual "he knew what he was doing when he intentionally worked for Trump" but that, as per usual, is beaten by "must testify on the stand". The fact that he's asking for his testimony to be restricted to shit he didn't do is telling, because Cipollone has given up on invoking Executive Time -- no surprise there, he's a lawyer, he knows that won't work.

All of this, and Trump throwing his massive fat bulk behind candidates has had minimal success.

And DWAC stock price fell again.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The stuff I'm seeing about cipollone is slightly different than what's being reported by abc. What I've seen is that he told trump he could face criminal responsibility for j6, not civil responsibility. Pretty irresponsible reporting by abc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday Matt McConaughey gave a speech demanding gun control action.

Why am I bringing this up in the Trump thread?

Just because I find the hypocrisy in all the right wingers throwing a fit about this hilarious. They cry and scream that a celebrity can't have a worthy political opinion, that celebrities aren't politicians.

We have a 4000+ post thread now on the celebrity they made President of the United States.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

Just because I find the hypocrisy in all the right wingers throwing a fit about this hilarious. They cry and scream that a celebrity can't have a worthy political opinion, that celebrities aren't politicians.

We have a 4000+ post thread now on the celebrity they made President of the United States.
    Also, he fuckin grew up there so he's got more skin in that game than any one of the Fox or Newsmax hosts trying to dunk on him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Trump said he'd rush into a school shooting? Because that's still one of the least believable things his fat ass has ever farted, and yes, it's a tough contest.

https://www.businessinsider.com/madi...ongress-2022-6

Cryptobro and one-term Congressman Madison Cawthorn seems to have violated ethics disclosure rules on crypto trades...again. Good thing he won't be in Congress much longer.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...vanaugh-s-home

Apropos of nothing, they now have a motive for the suspect from California that traveled to Kavanaugh's house with the intent to kill him.

"Yeah, those leftists were mad about abortion and they're just so violent! Proof this is the result of Democrats violent and extremist rhetoric!"

You know where this is going already -

Nicholas John Roske, 26, of Simi Valley, California, told detectives he believed the justice he intended to kill would vote to loosen gun controls in a pending Supreme Court decision. Roske was scheduled to appear before US Magistrate Judge Timothy J. Sullivan Wednesday.
    Well then...shit, the current Republican talking points are in shambles and I expect the few members of Congress that have already blamed "extremist" rhetoric from Democrats to issue a retraction and apology aaaannnnyyyyyy minute now.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...anaughs-house/

Fully expecting National Review to retract this article and issue a new article blaming the extremist rhetoric of the Republican party.

Edit: I read wrong and am wrong. Republicans only need to slightly adjust their rhetoric for it to remain accurate.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2022-06-08 at 08:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...vanaugh-s-home

Apropos of nothing, they now have a motive for the suspect from California that traveled to Kavanaugh's house with the intent to kill him.

"Yeah, those leftists were mad about abortion and they're just so violent! Proof this is the result of Democrats violent and extremist rhetoric!"

You know where this is going already -

Nicholas John Roske, 26, of Simi Valley, California, told detectives he believed the justice he intended to kill would vote to loosen gun controls in a pending Supreme Court decision. Roske was scheduled to appear before US Magistrate Judge Timothy J. Sullivan Wednesday.
    Well then...shit, the current Republican talking points are in shambles and I expect the few members of Congress that have already blamed "extremist" rhetoric from Democrats to issue a retraction and apology aaaannnnyyyyyy minute now.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...anaughs-house/

Fully expecting National Review to retract this article and issue a new article blaming the extremist rhetoric of the Republican party.
    Did you misread "loosen" as "tighten"?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Did you misread "loosen" as "tighten"?
    Huh, so I did. And apparently he called 911 on himself so I guess he was just looking to make some kind of political statement by getting himself sent to prison.

Noting that in my post since being wrong happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raffensperger to testify.

Georgia election officials Brad Raffensperger and Gabriel Sterling are in talks to testify at one of the House Jan. 6 committee's public hearings, Axios has learned.

The timing is still being worked out by the respective legal teams, according to a source familiar with the matter. The two would testify together as part of a panel.

The committee is planning at least six public hearings, the first of which is slated for Thursday.

Committee member Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said the hearings will "demonstrate the multi-pronged effort to overturn a presidential election, how one strategy to subvert the election led to another, culminating in a violent attack on our democracy."
    "Shame. I was hoping Raffensperger'd testify to an actual criminal case, a grand jury or the like."

He did. Last week. Their upcoming public testimony might have some overlap.

I'm not sure what they'll say which we don't already know. Trump called Raffensperger, lied and said he won Georgia, then demanded Raffensperger find enough votes to make it happen. We heard it on tape. I suppose putting it in front of America in no uncertain terms is still important. "Yes I felt threatened, yes the implication was clear, no he never called to change his mind or apologize, yes I am aware I'm under oath. Let's see Orange McFatass come down here and refute it under pain of perjury and these cameras."

- - - Updated - - -

Apropos of less than nothing, GOP members accuse Democrats of what they're guilty of while pushing a bill for protection for SCOTUS.

"Oh my God! SCOTUS members don't get any form of protection?"

Actually, they do. This bill is for more protection.

"Surely the GOP is just as upset about armed people in schools, killing children!"

Um...(checks last 50 pages in appropriate thread)...no.

"Did the GOP ask for greater protection for election officials when Team Trump threatened their lives?"

No.

"Does the bill include SCOTUS employees, like their clerks?"

No. But Democrats are asking for that.

"How many people did the armed man near Kavanaugh kill?"

Zero point zero.

"How many people did he injure?"

Zero point zero. He surrendered to police.

"How many rounds did he have for his weapon of war?"

He had two mags for his pistol, and a knife. No weapon of war or weapon of war-shaped high-capacity semi-automatic long-barrelled firearms.

"So one guy with a handgun gets caught not killing a Trump judge and the GOP moves to full phalanx, but someone with a weapon of war murders several classrooms' worth of students and the GOP does basically fuck all?"

Correct.

"Why aren't the GOP putting SCOTUS employees like clerks in this bill?"

They might yet, but I suspect the reason they haven't yet is because they're still sore about the leak.

"...are you suggesting they'd be okay with someone killing the leaker?"

Considering the GOP are pushing to make those leaks criminalized, yes. I'm saying that's their motive. They're free to prove me wrong by having the bill they wrote also include SCOTUS employees. Otherwise the evidence points in my direction.

"Why are they blaming Democrats?"

Oh, that's the best part.

He pointed to statements from former White House press secretary Jen Psaki encouraging peaceful protests outside justices’ homes and Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) saying that Kavanaugh and Justice Neil Gorsuch have “have released the whirlwind” and “will pay the price.”

“With words like that, and threats like these, Congress cannot afford to wait. We have a duty to protect the court, the justices, and their families from political violence and intimidation,” McCarthy said.
    "They...they do remember Trump incited a literal lynch mob, right? Against them? Seriously they're all of a sudden upset against strong language after backing Trump for six or seven years?"

The Republican Party has made it their platform to defend Trump in everything, and to accuse others of things they're ten times more guilty of themselves. Remember, GOP members are still claiming the murderous insurrection was not in any way bad to this day. This was one guy who called a suicide line, who called the police, to whom he immediately surrendered. More info here but the fact that it only made the news because McConnell brought it up is telling. Well, damning.

Page. You mean a 4000-page thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Biden plans a trip to the region, a reminder that not only did Trump move the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jeruslaem, he also basically tried to remove any relationship with the Palestinians at all.

When the Trump administration moved the U.S. embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem and later closed the consulate in Jerusalem, then-U.S. Ambassador to Israel David Friedman wanted to downgrade the U.S. diplomatic representation to the Palestinians, subjugate it to the U.S. ambassador to Israel and wipe out any Palestinian sovereignty symbols mainly in Jerusalem, two former Trump administration officials said.

The U.S. diplomats who worked at the consulate began working for “The Palestinian Affairs Unit” at the Embassy to Israel. The diplomats' direct reporting channel to Washington was canceled and they had to get Friedman's approval on cables they wanted to send to the State Department and other government agencies.

That meant the Palestinian point of view was sometimes marginalized in the reporting to Washington and critical reports about Israeli policies in the occupied West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem went through the filter of the U.S. ambassador to Israel.
    The Biden admin is working on reverting the change.

- - - Updated - - -

Not satisfied with losing the cases they already are losing, Texas AG launches investigation into Twitter's bot count.

"Isn't that the DWAC Musk thing?"

Yes. Why texaspayers would need to fund an investigation into that is beyond me. He's claiming it's a Texas-specific form of false advertising.

You know, at some point, Twitter should just decide Texas is a lost cause. By the way, DWAC stock price fell again.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Biden plans a trip to the region, a reminder that not only did Trump move the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jeruslaem, he also basically tried to remove any relationship with the Palestinians at all.
    Remekmber kids, Trump polled with higher popularity in Israel than the US.

Ongoing In: HOw Much does the Press Corps miss daddy Trump?
    I thought maybe Froomkin was exaggerating and, if anything, i think he’s understating it. if baker isn’t getting paid to do this, he’s stupid *on top of* being corrupt and obsequious.

On MSNBC, the grotesque extent to which Peter Baker (Chief White House Correspondent for The New York Times and MSNBC analyst.) is fluffing Jared and Ivanka to promote his book is even more blatant than in print. They chose him to do their PR for them, and he is outdoing himself. The NYT should cut him loose.

Try to watch the embedded video without throwing up in your mouth challenge 2022!
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Remekmber kids, Trump polled with higher popularity in Israel than the US.
    Which is tough to do when you support literal torch-carrying Nazis.

- - - Updated - - -

Define "karma"

Raging about the Jan 6th hearings on CyberTrump 2077 because you can't tweet because Twitter kicked you off for Jan 6th.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/10/polit...y-6/index.html

"Ivanka Trump was not involved in looking at, or studying, Election results. She had long since checked out and was, in my opinion, only trying to be respectful to Bill Barr and his position as Attorney General (he sucked!)," Trump wrote on his social media platform, Truth Social.
    Seems like there's some trouble brewing on the Trump family homefront.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like there's some trouble brewing on the Trump family homefront.
    I read it the opposite way. Trump knows Ivanka can rat him out, and is trying to get the GOP to block her testimony. Once she's on the stand in public, he's in real trouble.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/lauren...ry-report-says

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) has reportedly taken up the torch to carry on the time-honored tradition of politicians ditching their supposed loved ones after vehicular accidents for which they’re responsible. The first-term Colorado congresswoman, 35, was off-roading in a Jeep ATV with her son, dog, and now former sister-in-law in May 2020 when she lost control of the vehicle, according to the Daily Mail.

A source told the outlet that Boebert, who has a history of reckless driving, hit a rock wall, badly injuring her then-sister-in-law, Tori Hooper. Boebert then “bailed,” the source said, leaving Hooper “screaming and freaking out.” Hooper’s mother confirmed the incident to the Daily Mail, saying that her daughter “got stuck inside of a crevice in the Jeep while Lauren… took off her belt and slipped out.

Boebert would go on to win a key congressional primary just over 50 days later, having “begged” Hooper to stay quiet about the accident, the source said. And Hooper was soon back working at Boebert’s gun-themed restaurant, where other employees said they remembered her clocking in with broken teeth and visible facial injuries.
    Now the original source is the Daily Mail, so grains of salt given the tabloid nature of the outlet.

But...literally nothing about this story remotely surprises me and it seems very believable.

I read it the opposite way. Trump knows Ivanka can rat him out, and is trying to get the GOP to block her testimony. Once she's on the stand in public, he's in real trouble.
    Trump was just hoping she would fuck him in a different way. All he got was tire treads on his back.

https://variety.com/2022/digital/new...ts-1235290726/

Welp, Trump's "FREEZE PEACH" Truth Social, predictably, is banning users for posting about Jan. 6 hearings. Or just deleting their posts.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FREEZE PEACH?!

https://variety.com/2022/digital/new...ts-1235290726/

Welp, Trump's "FREEZE PEACH" Truth Social, predictably, is banning users for posting about Jan. 6 hearings. Or just deleting their posts.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FREEZE PEACH?!
    Well, it reminds me of the scene from a Few Good Men where Nicholson says "You Can't Handle The TRUTH!!!!".

That is Trumpworld at it's finest. They can't handle the truth.