Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    To me, and I posted in the Insurrection thread (not with this much fantastic detail though), this develop is what we would call in the legal field a game changer. Previously, we've had deniability, that there was no coordinated organization by planners and Members of Congress and White House.

This development changes the entire narrative (see also lie). If the emails and sources back the claims, this is how a case for treason and insurrection is made. There are statements that Mark Meadow (Trump's Chief of Staff) was involved in the planning, then we are in real trouble.

We are in trouble as a country because 74,000,000+ people won't "believe" this. And yet it's objective evidence, now, that we had planning before hand with promises of Pardons after the fact.

This. Is. Very. Bad. We are in trouble because it's solid case to make against organizers and Members of our government. If the entire investigation isn't ratcheted up and taken to a new level, we will continue to suffer as a law and order country.
    I guess all that's left is to get proof that the Lawmakers who helped organize the event expected it to become violent, or if the violence was just a side-effect of the rhetoric being shoved out by Trump and Co.?

Depending on what's scooped up, I'm sure they could weasel their way out of being directly tacked onto the violence that was caused by the event unless some very spefific damning evidence comes to light (like, say, we got more information about Boebert's mystery tours, or whoever might've leaked information about the Bomb Proof Windows that the rioter's just conveniently ignored when going to smash their way into the Capital Building.)

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    I guess all that's left is to get proof that the Lawmakers who helped organize the event expected it to become violent, or if the violence was just a side-effect of the rhetoric being shoved out by Trump and Co.?

Depending on what's scooped up, I'm sure they could weasel their way out of being directly tacked onto the violence that was caused by the event unless some very spefific damning evidence comes to light (like, say, we got more information about Boebert's mystery tours, or whoever might've leaked information about the Bomb Proof Windows that the rioter's just conveniently ignored when going to smash their way into the Capital Building.)
    The members of the Leopards Eating Your Face party who were inside refused to comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Well, now Trump pissed off the Cowboys.
    Woohoo!

Not the football team.
    Aww

"Cowboys for Trump founder Couy Griffin, who is facing charges in connection with the U.S. Capitol riot, has turned on the former president in a conference speech for abandoning January 6 rioters and failing to deliver on a campaign promise."
    Well he's still facing charges and speaking publicly, so in addition to the two sources from Rolling Stone, this is now three.

It is quite enjoyable for people to say "I never thought Trump would turn on me" (sing along, y'all know the words!) but, yeah, "we know she's a criminal" and "lock her up" are authoritarian. You need evidence, you need a trial, and Trump gave his rabid fanbase neither. If anything, it's concerning more people haven't voiced this concern.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    There is basically zero chance that the GOP lawmakers sent self-incriminating emails to these provably insane, stupid people. Maybe they said something in person or over the phone.

That said, they could easily have said something within their own team. I think we should subpoena all of them and find out.

"Whoa, you want an investigation without significant cause? What about--"

I mean, until we don't have things like the Maricopa recount to "restore the trust" I get to say things like that and Trump supporters can't object.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Woohoo!

Aww

Well he's still facing charges and speaking publicly, so in addition to the two sources from Rolling Stone, this is now three.

It is quite enjoyable for people to say "I never thought Trump would turn on me" (sing along, y'all know the words!) but, yeah, "we know she's a criminal" and "lock her up" are authoritarian. You need evidence, you need a trial, and Trump gave his rabid fanbase neither. If anything, it's concerning more people haven't voiced this concern.
    He best be glad he didn't piss of Jerry Jones. Jones is an actual billionaire with a successful business. Remember folks, Trump did try to buy his way into the NFL. Here is a bit of history on that.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump...165618037.html

My favorite part.

In 1983, Trump instead settled for buying a USFL team, the New Jersey Generals. As Pearlman reports in one of the most fascinating insider anecdotes of his book, after committing to buy the USFL team Trump arranged a private meeting with then-NFL Commissioner Pete Rozelle. He made clear to Rozelle that the USFL did not matter to him and that what he really wanted was an NFL team. According to a colleague of the USFL marketing man who was in the room for the meeting, Rozelle told Trump at the end of the meeting, “As long as I or my heirs are involved in the NFL, you will never be a franchise owner in the league.”

It was then that Trump approached the other USFL owners and said that the USFL, a league that played its games in the spring, needed to move to fall and get a big TV deal to challenge the NFL. He convinced USFL owners to sue the NFL for $567 million over its monopoly of fall television rights. The 1986 trial, USFL vs. NFL, lasted 48 days.

Pearlman calls it “the craziest lawsuit of all time.”

As he describes the trial to Yahoo Finance, “Donald Trump is the star witness for the USFL. And he’s the worst witness in the history of mankind. And what the NFL did is they made him the enemy.” Pearlman even interviewed one of the jurors from the trial, who recalls Trump “staring her down” during his testimony.

The jury in the trial found in favor of the USFL, concluding that the NFL did have a television monopoly. But it also found that the USFL was to blame for its failures, and it awarded the USFL $1 in damages — hence Pearlman’s book title.

Some Democratic lawmakers are calling (again) for the explusion of any members of Congress who were involved in the murderous insurrection.

They didn't name names. They don't have to. If we have evidence that indicates someone, follow it. And we've been talking enough about the difference between treason and insurrection enough to know both options are serious violations of their oath to office.

The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Some Democratic lawmakers are calling (again) for the explusion of any members of Congress who were involved in the murderous insurrection.

They didn't name names. They don't have to. If we have evidence that indicates someone, follow it. And we've been talking enough about the difference between treason and insurrection enough to know both options are serious violations of their oath to office.
    This would be a prime way for McConnell to oust the trumpkin-Republican congresspeople who are denigrating his power and losing his party elections.

But McConnell has had many avenues to expunge his party of Trump’s foul influence and hadn’t taken any. So I doubt we’ll see anything from the republicans on getting any accountability through here.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    This would be a prime way for McConnell to oust the trumpkin-Republican congresspeople who are denigrating his power and losing his party elections.

But McConnell has had many avenues to expunge his party of Trump’s foul influence and hadn’t taken any. So I doubt we’ll see anything from the republicans on getting any accountability through here.
    Mass purges by Bitch McConnell would cost his party everything for quite some time, as his people then get primaried and then lose the general.
    He won't throw it all away by doing the right thing. So he'll struggle to get not-so-batshit-crazy fuckers elected despite Trumps best efforts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

Only if he could somehow do so while pretending he didn't want to. In other words, not a vote. Which...lowers his options. Like you said, he is a craven coward who knows he'll be killed if he tried to impose actual rules and laws we've had for hundreds of years against tyranny and dictators against a carnival clown who needs to pay 2 American's salaries just to get laid.

Only if he could somehow do so while pretending he didn't want to. In other words, not a vote. Which...lowers his options. Like you said, he is a craven coward who knows he'll be killed if he tried to impose actual rules and laws we've had for hundreds of years against tyranny and dictators against a carnival clown who needs to pay 2 American's salaries just to get laid.
    If they're actually charged with, and found guilty of, insurrection, then no vote is required. They would immediately be removed and prevented from ever running for public office again.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    If they're actually charged with, and found guilty of, insurrection, then no vote is required.
    Well, here's hoping anyone actually guilty is found such.

Ousting Trumpkin-Republics does nothing when the Trumpkin voters simply vote in another utter nutjob.

The GOP's problem is that their base are Confederate crazies unironically shouting "America first" with a hand in the air. And without those people they can't win elections anymore.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Well, shit.

People were protesting vaccine mandates and someone plowed a truck directly into them. He's arrested on the grounds that he did it on purpose and that's terroism.

Well, shit.

People were protesting vaccine mandates and someone plowed a truck directly into them. He's arrested on the grounds that he did it on purpose and that's terroism.
    Ah yes, that thing which is actually legal in the state of Fuck Florida.

Sorry to the families of the victims I guess.
    You're not "playing devil's advocate", you're making someone who is likely speaking from personal experience defend themselves against the shitty and oppressive opinion you're too embarrassed to admit you actually believe in. It's you. You're the devil.

Well, shit.

What an asshole. I think the antivaxx people are morons and are a danger to themselves and others, but that doesn't mean they should be mowed down. Hope this dipshit gets put away for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I don't think anyone died.

Oh good, I don't have to feel bad then.

Antivaxxers:

You're not "playing devil's advocate", you're making someone who is likely speaking from personal experience defend themselves against the shitty and oppressive opinion you're too embarrassed to admit you actually believe in. It's you. You're the devil.

If anyone had to go to the hospital that may change.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If anyone had to go to the hospital that may change.
    Correct.

And it's still technically terrorism, even if nobody gets a paper cut. Nobody should be doing it, even if you agree with the sentiment.

Correct.

And it's still technically terrorism, even if nobody gets a paper cut. Nobody should be doing it, even if you agree with the sentiment.
    Oh, absolutely. Doesn't mean I need to sympathise with the victims especially if they're actively encouraging shit that results in other people getting sick or dying, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Ah yes, that thing which is actually legal in the state of Fuck Florida.

Sadly, if he can't "prove" that he was fleeing, according the law, he isn't protected.