The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Today in treason/insurrection/whatever you want to call directly attacking democracy news:

Rolling Stone has talked to two people, and confirmed from a third, all of whom were Jan 6th organizers, that GOP lawmakers were 100% involved in the steps leading up to what would be the murderous insurrection. They at least named Greene, Gohmert Gosar and Chief of Staff Meadows. Wait, what?

(checks worst timeline)

Huh. Turns out, he actually did exist. Anyhow, yes this is the same Mard Meadows who was personally, specifically, and directly warned of violence at the rally we now know he helped organize, and did nothing.

Both sources Rolling Stone talked to have been talking to the Jan 6th Committee freely. As in "we have been granted immunity" level of freely. They are ratting everyone out.

"Wait, don't immunity deals normally require proof, not just someone begging for their life?"

I think so? @cubby can help. But since one is a rally organizer and one was an event planner, I get the feeling they have enough emails to back their story, including this one: one of the two says Gosar basically told them everyone involved was looking at a blanket pardon.

So, either the source is lying -- which, considering he told this to Congress, is a really fucking stupid idea -- Gosar is lying, or Trump changed his mind. I handwave the first option. Either of the remaining two ways, the Party of Trump left the murderous insurrectionists they helped organize towards violence out to dry. Which is also not smart, since yeah, they have emails and are ratting you out.

"Well that's just one guy who--"

Has evidence.

"Maybe, but that's just one guy claiming it was Gosar. Surely there's nothing else indicating this very fine people on both sides did anything."

There is.

"Well clearly these are both just bitter ex-employees, so to speak."

No, they are both still full Trump supporters.

"Well clearly they are only saying these cowardly words in private and never will have to in public."

No, both expect to testify publicly. And, just so we're clear, angrily.

"Well if they had such concerns, why did they storm the *cough* peacefully take a tour inside the Capitol as peaceful tourists do?"

They didn't.

"Well at least that toned-down, even-headed language means they don't feel completely buttf--"

"Thanks, Rolling Stone."

Not only do both of these sources clearly feel betrayed by Trump -- big surprise, I know -- they are both testifying and very likely have turned over records. We're seeing more and more that the reason the Party of Trump didn't want to find out the truth behind the murderous insurrection, is because they already knew it -- and they're guilty.

"Wait, isn't Gosar from Arizona?"

Yes.

"Wasn't he all-in on the Maricopa recount?"

Yes.

"So, he's a serial insurrectionist, then?"

Yes..
    To me, and I posted in the Insurrection thread (not with this much fantastic detail though), this develop is what we would call in the legal field a game changer. Previously, we've had deniability, that there was no coordinated organization by planners and Members of Congress and White House.

This development changes the entire narrative (see also lie). If the emails and sources back the claims, this is how a case for treason and insurrection is made. There are statements that Mark Meadow (Trump's Chief of Staff) was involved in the planning, then we are in real trouble.

We are in trouble as a country because 74,000,000+ people won't "believe" this. And yet it's objective evidence, now, that we had planning before hand with promises of Pardons after the fact.

This. Is. Very. Bad. We are in trouble because it's solid case to make against organizers and Members of our government. If the entire investigation isn't ratcheted up and taken to a new level, we will continue to suffer as a law and order country.

The title of this OP ED is "
    Is Kim Jong Un angling for nuclear talks on his terms?
    "

I have an answer: "What makes him think it would work?" Trump is no longer in office. He's back to square one. Biden can't be bribed by fast-food hamburgers.

- - - Updated - - -
    Generally less fast food will bribe him and more like the Japanese men in the Chinpokomon episode of South Park. Constantly telling Trump his penis is so big and that North Korean penis is so small and boom you got Trump eating out of your hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Capitalism, ho!

Why does someone so rich need to sell some shitty t-shirts?

Also, whatever happened to civility and decorum?
    Because if you haven't noticed they really aren't all that rich. His family double lies on all their properties to raise value for high earning properties while paying low taxes on failing properties which are one in the same. Wonderfully though the chickens have come home to roost for the Trump clan with hopefully criminal charges for them all for tax fraud. With a heaping helping of total bankruptcy since no bank will lend to them anymore.

Well, now Trump pissed off the Cowboys. Not the football team.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

Cowboys for Trump founder Couy Griffin, who is facing charges in connection with the U.S. Capitol riot, has turned on the former president in a conference speech for abandoning January 6 rioters and failing to deliver on a campaign promise.

"We supported President Trump because of his fight for justice as well. And for four years we cried, 'Lock her up. Lock her up. Lock her up.' We know she's a criminal. What did the president tell us? 'If I was in charge of the law, you'd be in jail,'" Griffin said Sunday at a QAnon conference in Las Vegas, Nevada.

"Mr. President, you've been in charge of the law for four years," he added. "At the end of your four year time, the only ones locked up were men like me, and others like me, that have stood by the president the strongest."
    I always found it funny that nobody who supports Trump will ever answer my question of "If Trump really gave a damn about those who supported him on Jan 6th, why didn't he just pardon them all instead of a bunch of people who stole and scammed from people?"

Still waiting for an answer.

I love everything about it.

Believing the obvious lies.
    Fawning adoration of a wannabe authoritarian.
    Believing Trump "is the law" as POTUS and can do what he wants.
    Being surprised that Trump abandoned people who weren't of use to him.

You love to see it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    To me, and I posted in the Insurrection thread (not with this much fantastic detail though), this develop is what we would call in the legal field a game changer. Previously, we've had deniability, that there was no coordinated organization by planners and Members of Congress and White House.

This development changes the entire narrative (see also lie). If the emails and sources back the claims, this is how a case for treason and insurrection is made. There are statements that Mark Meadow (Trump's Chief of Staff) was involved in the planning, then we are in real trouble.

We are in trouble as a country because 74,000,000+ people won't "believe" this. And yet it's objective evidence, now, that we had planning before hand with promises of Pardons after the fact.

This. Is. Very. Bad. We are in trouble because it's solid case to make against organizers and Members of our government. If the entire investigation isn't ratcheted up and taken to a new level, we will continue to suffer as a law and order country.
    I guess all that's left is to get proof that the Lawmakers who helped organize the event expected it to become violent, or if the violence was just a side-effect of the rhetoric being shoved out by Trump and Co.?

Depending on what's scooped up, I'm sure they could weasel their way out of being directly tacked onto the violence that was caused by the event unless some very spefific damning evidence comes to light (like, say, we got more information about Boebert's mystery tours, or whoever might've leaked information about the Bomb Proof Windows that the rioter's just conveniently ignored when going to smash their way into the Capital Building.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    I guess all that's left is to get proof that the Lawmakers who helped organize the event expected it to become violent, or if the violence was just a side-effect of the rhetoric being shoved out by Trump and Co.?

Depending on what's scooped up, I'm sure they could weasel their way out of being directly tacked onto the violence that was caused by the event unless some very spefific damning evidence comes to light (like, say, we got more information about Boebert's mystery tours, or whoever might've leaked information about the Bomb Proof Windows that the rioter's just conveniently ignored when going to smash their way into the Capital Building.)
    The members of the Leopards Eating Your Face party who were inside refused to comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Well, now Trump pissed off the Cowboys.
    Woohoo!

Not the football team.
    Aww

"Cowboys for Trump founder Couy Griffin, who is facing charges in connection with the U.S. Capitol riot, has turned on the former president in a conference speech for abandoning January 6 rioters and failing to deliver on a campaign promise."
    Well he's still facing charges and speaking publicly, so in addition to the two sources from Rolling Stone, this is now three.

It is quite enjoyable for people to say "I never thought Trump would turn on me" (sing along, y'all know the words!) but, yeah, "we know she's a criminal" and "lock her up" are authoritarian. You need evidence, you need a trial, and Trump gave his rabid fanbase neither. If anything, it's concerning more people haven't voiced this concern.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    There is basically zero chance that the GOP lawmakers sent self-incriminating emails to these provably insane, stupid people. Maybe they said something in person or over the phone.

That said, they could easily have said something within their own team. I think we should subpoena all of them and find out.

"Whoa, you want an investigation without significant cause? What about--"

I mean, until we don't have things like the Maricopa recount to "restore the trust" I get to say things like that and Trump supporters can't object.

Woohoo!

Aww

Well he's still facing charges and speaking publicly, so in addition to the two sources from Rolling Stone, this is now three.

It is quite enjoyable for people to say "I never thought Trump would turn on me" (sing along, y'all know the words!) but, yeah, "we know she's a criminal" and "lock her up" are authoritarian. You need evidence, you need a trial, and Trump gave his rabid fanbase neither. If anything, it's concerning more people haven't voiced this concern.
    He best be glad he didn't piss of Jerry Jones. Jones is an actual billionaire with a successful business. Remember folks, Trump did try to buy his way into the NFL. Here is a bit of history on that.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump...165618037.html

My favorite part.

In 1983, Trump instead settled for buying a USFL team, the New Jersey Generals. As Pearlman reports in one of the most fascinating insider anecdotes of his book, after committing to buy the USFL team Trump arranged a private meeting with then-NFL Commissioner Pete Rozelle. He made clear to Rozelle that the USFL did not matter to him and that what he really wanted was an NFL team. According to a colleague of the USFL marketing man who was in the room for the meeting, Rozelle told Trump at the end of the meeting, “As long as I or my heirs are involved in the NFL, you will never be a franchise owner in the league.”

It was then that Trump approached the other USFL owners and said that the USFL, a league that played its games in the spring, needed to move to fall and get a big TV deal to challenge the NFL. He convinced USFL owners to sue the NFL for $567 million over its monopoly of fall television rights. The 1986 trial, USFL vs. NFL, lasted 48 days.

Pearlman calls it “the craziest lawsuit of all time.”

As he describes the trial to Yahoo Finance, “Donald Trump is the star witness for the USFL. And he’s the worst witness in the history of mankind. And what the NFL did is they made him the enemy.” Pearlman even interviewed one of the jurors from the trial, who recalls Trump “staring her down” during his testimony.

The jury in the trial found in favor of the USFL, concluding that the NFL did have a television monopoly. But it also found that the USFL was to blame for its failures, and it awarded the USFL $1 in damages — hence Pearlman’s book title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some Democratic lawmakers are calling (again) for the explusion of any members of Congress who were involved in the murderous insurrection.

They didn't name names. They don't have to. If we have evidence that indicates someone, follow it. And we've been talking enough about the difference between treason and insurrection enough to know both options are serious violations of their oath to office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some Democratic lawmakers are calling (again) for the explusion of any members of Congress who were involved in the murderous insurrection.

They didn't name names. They don't have to. If we have evidence that indicates someone, follow it. And we've been talking enough about the difference between treason and insurrection enough to know both options are serious violations of their oath to office.
    This would be a prime way for McConnell to oust the trumpkin-Republican congresspeople who are denigrating his power and losing his party elections.

But McConnell has had many avenues to expunge his party of Trump’s foul influence and hadn’t taken any. So I doubt we’ll see anything from the republicans on getting any accountability through here.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    This would be a prime way for McConnell to oust the trumpkin-Republican congresspeople who are denigrating his power and losing his party elections.

But McConnell has had many avenues to expunge his party of Trump’s foul influence and hadn’t taken any. So I doubt we’ll see anything from the republicans on getting any accountability through here.
    Mass purges by Bitch McConnell would cost his party everything for quite some time, as his people then get primaried and then lose the general.
    He won't throw it all away by doing the right thing. So he'll struggle to get not-so-batshit-crazy fuckers elected despite Trumps best efforts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if he could somehow do so while pretending he didn't want to. In other words, not a vote. Which...lowers his options. Like you said, he is a craven coward who knows he'll be killed if he tried to impose actual rules and laws we've had for hundreds of years against tyranny and dictators against a carnival clown who needs to pay 2 American's salaries just to get laid.

Only if he could somehow do so while pretending he didn't want to. In other words, not a vote. Which...lowers his options. Like you said, he is a craven coward who knows he'll be killed if he tried to impose actual rules and laws we've had for hundreds of years against tyranny and dictators against a carnival clown who needs to pay 2 American's salaries just to get laid.
    If they're actually charged with, and found guilty of, insurrection, then no vote is required. They would immediately be removed and prevented from ever running for public office again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    If they're actually charged with, and found guilty of, insurrection, then no vote is required.
    Well, here's hoping anyone actually guilty is found such.

Ousting Trumpkin-Republics does nothing when the Trumpkin voters simply vote in another utter nutjob.

The GOP's problem is that their base are Confederate crazies unironically shouting "America first" with a hand in the air. And without those people they can't win elections anymore.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, shit.

People were protesting vaccine mandates and someone plowed a truck directly into them. He's arrested on the grounds that he did it on purpose and that's terroism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, shit.

People were protesting vaccine mandates and someone plowed a truck directly into them. He's arrested on the grounds that he did it on purpose and that's terroism.
    Ah yes, that thing which is actually legal in the state of Fuck Florida.

Sorry to the families of the victims I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Well, shit.

What an asshole. I think the antivaxx people are morons and are a danger to themselves and others, but that doesn't mean they should be mowed down. Hope this dipshit gets put away for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Sorry to the families of the victims I guess.
    I don't think anyone died.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone died.
    Oh good, I don't have to feel bad then.

Antivaxxers:

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.