Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I don't think anyone died.
    If anyone had to go to the hospital that may change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If anyone had to go to the hospital that may change.
    Correct.

And it's still technically terrorism, even if nobody gets a paper cut. Nobody should be doing it, even if you agree with the sentiment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct.

And it's still technically terrorism, even if nobody gets a paper cut. Nobody should be doing it, even if you agree with the sentiment.
    Oh, absolutely. Doesn't mean I need to sympathise with the victims especially if they're actively encouraging shit that results in other people getting sick or dying, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Ah yes, that thing which is actually legal in the state of Fuck Florida.

Sorry to the families of the victims I guess.
    Sadly, if he can't "prove" that he was fleeing, according the law, he isn't protected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Sadly, if he can't "prove" that he was fleeing, according the law, he isn't protected.
    The attack itself occurred in Palmdale, CA. Was mainly poking fun at Florida.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    The attack itself occurred in Palmdale, CA. Was mainly poking fun at Florida.
    Oh, dang.... mb

EDIT: Fuck Florida.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden refuses to apply Executive Time to Trump documents.

"You already posted that."

There were two more requests, Biden denies these too.

"What were they?"

Biden didn't say. I looked around and didn't find any reputable sources that knew, but, I saw the term "call logs" coming up once or twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden refuses to apply Executive Time to Trump documents.

"You already posted that."

There were two more requests, Biden denies these too.

"What were they?"

Biden didn't say. I looked around and didn't find any reputable sources that knew, but, I saw the term "call logs" coming up once or twice.
    This is all well and good, but I do genuinely hope this all results in jail time

Discovering all of this stuff won’t mean much of anything if all that eventually comes of it is a strongly worded slap on the wrist for essentially committing treason.

The republicans have no moral scruples. You can’t shame or embarrass them and they wear that lack of moral fiber as a badge of honor.

All they understand is jail time, losing power, and enormous financial penalty. That’s the only sense of justice that will effect them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Monday's quickie report:

48,771 new cases; 510 deaths, bringing the total to 757,849. Both down a good bit from last Monday.

Moderna says COVID-19 vaccine safe, effective in kids 6 to 11--Another hurdle cleared in hopefully avoiding another disastrous Winter. Now we await emergency approval.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Stay safe, folks.
    Tell that to Greene. She's gotten her third fine for showing up to work without her mandated mask.

Nah, I'd rather save it for people with at least two brain cells to rub together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Nah, I'd rather save it for people with at least two brain cells to rub together.
    That's fair.

Speaking of dangers to themselves and others, DeSantis.

We thought things couldn’t get much worse in DeSantis’ handling of the pandemic, but we were wrong — then we were wrong again. Just when you think he’s done enough to undermine our chances of exiting a pandemic that has killed nearly 60,000 Floridians, he has a new trick up his sleeve.

DeSantis’ latest move, announced Thursday, is to call a special legislative session to undermine federal requirements announced by President Biden that some workers be vaccinated against the coronavirus. Among the laws he wants lawmakers to pass is making businesses liable for medical harm that results from mandatory vaccinations, even though millions of vaccines have safely been administered in the United States. DeSantis has for months tried to walk the tight rope between pleasing anti-vaxxers and not undermining the vaccines his own administration has distributed. If there was any doubt of which side he favors, Thursday’s announcement put the nail in the coffin.
    "Are businesses also liable if one of their sick employees infects customers, or other employees, because there is no mandate?"

No. Well, not by anything COVID or Florida specific. I'm sure it's covered under dangerous negligence or something.

"What if a child finds an unlocked gun and shoots a stranger with it?"

That's an odd tangent to follow, but the answer is "kind of." If you leave it lying around in your own home/a public place and it's loaded, then it's a misdemeanor. Unless you "reasonably" thought it was hidden. Or unless you "reasonably" think you can grab the gun before the child gets it. Or if the child is 16.

"How many people have been shot and killed in Florida from insecure weapons found by a child?"

Well in the last 3 months, there was a mother shot by her own toddler during a Zoom call, who I guess doesn't care if she is charged with a misdemeanor anymore. These two children broke into a home -- oh, yeah, if they break into your home, find your gun, and shoot someone you're not liable because they broke in, so no charges against the homeowners -- found the guns and shot at cops. A six-year-old found a gun and shot himself in the head, there was --

"Okay okay, jeez, that's getting morbid. In the last three months, how many Floridians have died of vaccine?"

Uh...(checks sites)...zero. There was some issue six months ago that people said a guy died of vaccine, but turns out it was natural causes. Simply put, vaccines don't really kill that many people. Conspiracy theories aside, the number of Americans who died due to vaccine complications makes a list smaller than my dick, while the number of Americans shot and killed by children is typically in the high double digits.

DeSantis, basically, is choosing to find a solution for something that isn't a problem. If he really cared about saving people's lives, Florida would be more worried about the 100-plus people dying every day from COVID in Florida and not the 0 who died total from vaccines in Florida. Oh, and stronger gun storage safety laws too I guess.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's fair.

Speaking of dangers to themselves and others, DeSantis.

"Are businesses also liable if one of their sick employees infects customers, or other employees, because there is no mandate?"

No. Well, not by anything COVID or Florida specific. I'm sure it's covered under dangerous negligence or something.

"What if a child finds an unlocked gun and shoots a stranger with it?"

That's an odd tangent to follow, but the answer is "kind of." If you leave it lying around in your own home/a public place and it's loaded, then it's a misdemeanor. Unless you "reasonably" thought it was hidden. Or unless you "reasonably" think you can grab the gun before the child gets it. Or if the child is 16.

"How many people have been shot and killed in Florida from insecure weapons found by a child?"

Well in the last 3 months, there was a mother shot by her own toddler during a Zoom call, who I guess doesn't care if she is charged with a misdemeanor anymore. These two children broke into a home -- oh, yeah, if they break into your home, find your gun, and shoot someone you're not liable because they broke in, so no charges against the homeowners -- found the guns and shot at cops. A six-year-old found a gun and shot himself in the head, there was --

"Okay okay, jeez, that's getting morbid. In the last three months, how many Floridians have died of vaccine?"

Uh...(checks sites)...zero. There was some issue six months ago that people said a guy died of vaccine, but turns out it was natural causes. Simply put, vaccines don't really kill that many people. Conspiracy theories aside, the number of Americans who died due to vaccine complications makes a list smaller than my dick, while the number of Americans shot and killed by children is typically in the high double digits.

DeSantis, basically, is choosing to find a solution for something that isn't a problem. If he really cared about saving people's lives, Florida would be more worried about the 100-plus people dying every day from COVID in Florida and not the 0 who died total from vaccines in Florida. Oh, and stronger gun storage safety laws too I guess.
    The good news is that this law will collapse when challenged - businesses aren't responsible for the effects of their requirements on employees (for the most part - working conditions and a few other things are the exception). But requiring a vaccination to work somewhere don't incur any liability for the effect on that employee for getting it.

DeSantis is still the dumb-fuck-devil, of course, and the good news is that his numbers are hurting, badly, in Florida - as a GQP no less.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The good news is that this law will collapse when challenged - businesses aren't responsible for the effects of their requirements on employees (for the most part - working conditions and a few other things are the exception). But requiring a vaccination to work somewhere don't incur any liability for the effect on that employee for getting it.

DeSantis is still the dumb-fuck-devil, of course, and the good news is that his numbers are hurting, badly, in Florida - as a GQP no less.
    However, what I would like to see is if you choose not to get the vaccine, not to mask up and get sick that you are can now be held responsible(either financially or, if in the case someone dies, possibly criminally if done on purpose) for whomever gets it from you and you do not tell others you have it. You know, treat it like a STD and you didn't tell a partner that you had one. This of course would not pertain to those who cannot get the vaccine because of medical reasons.

Would be interesting on how DeSantis would handle that mess. Figure between Texas and Florida, they would account for well over half of the lawsuits to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    However, what I would like to see is if you choose not to get the vaccine, not to mask up and get sick that you are can now be held responsible(either financially or, if in the case someone dies, possibly criminally if done on purpose) for whomever gets it from you and you do not tell others you have it. You know, treat it like a STD and you didn't tell a partner that you had one. This of course would not pertain to those who cannot get the vaccine because of medical reasons.

Would be interesting on how DeSantis would handle that mess. Figure between Texas and Florida, they would account for well over half of the lawsuits to begin with.
    Well you see in their minds it’s a personal choice not to get the vaccine or wear a mask. If other people get sick from you, it’s because they made the choice to go out in public and be somewhere near you.

However, if you choose to get the vaccine, you have no right to foist your vaccinated personage on others because you might make them uncomfortable.

Doesn’t make sense? Of course it doesn’t. But it’s the opposite of what the democrats are saying, so that has to be their modus operandi.

All they have is the illusion of normalcy to lead by. Not policy, not results, and certainly not morality. Things like vaccine and mask mandates shatter the illusion that everything is going swimmingly under their control, and they lack the capacity… and motivation… to actually try and solve the problem.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post

I would very much like to see that as well. Especially as a counter to DeSantis' bullshit legislative push.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/ajplus/st...21349694279690

They’re doing everything they can to let a murderous shit get away with murder. Which will lead to him again taking up arms as he feels legally justified.
    Well, with the trial starting in November, I hope the folks living in and around Kenosha stock up and get ready for the inevitable protests that are gonna spring up in December and January.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/ajplus/st...21349694279690

They’re doing everything they can to let a murderous shit get away with murder. Which will lead to him again taking up arms as he feels legally justified.
    What about "people"? "Protesters"? Literally anything that's not equally "loaded" in the other direction?

10+ Year Old Account
    The hosts of Trumntok say they are preparing enough servers for the more than 75 million users they're expecting.

"I forget, how many people voted for Trump?"

Less than 75 million.

"So...they're expecting literally every single person who voted for Trump, and then some more?"

Yes.

"...they're lying, aren't they?"

Yes.

The hosts of Trumntok say they are preparing enough servers for the more than 75 million users they're expecting.

"I forget, how many people voted for Trump?"

Less than 75 million.

"So...they're expecting literally every single person who voted for Trump, and then some more?"

Yes.

"...they're lying, aren't they?"

Yes.
    I say good luck to them. I know of no startups, and I do mean NONE, that didn't have issues with initial launches, especially in the online world. Hell, even if a 10th of what they are predicting shows up, I can see them being down for a good few days from the rush in traffic.

Nothing says a good test then a public release of networked software. Get to see ALL the faults first hand.