1. #79261
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Unless they're updating, not seeing the DoJ confirmation, just them including in the DoJ was looking into Trump and the 2020 election. And the headline on the front page has been updated to "FBI raids Trump's Mar-a-Lago home, takes 15 boxes blah blah", with a big "'UNDER SIEGE'" graphic because irony is dead.
    NBC said DoJ declined comment. So yeah at least that bit is just FOX bullshit. I'm fairly certain they did raid it though.

  2. #79262
    Old God -aiko-'s Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The House of All Worlds
    Posts
    10,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Best I can find is my link above from NYT, who spoke with "two people familiar with the investigation". I'm inclined to believe that this actually happened if they've got independent sources confirming. But still a few grains of salt left before I fully buy the story given the original source, lol. Because my first thought was, "Man, he saw all that sympathy the loser who spent the weekend crying in a fake cage at CPAC got and wanted to get in on the pity party in a bigly yuge way."
    That was kind of my first thought, too. Can't help but take anything that man says with an enormous, life-threatening amount of salt.

    Of course, I'm not sure you can lie about something like that and get away with it so either so I'm sure it happened. I...can't imagine what it would take to get an actual search warrant against a former president so this has got to be something big.

  3. #79263
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,116
    I'd love to see more official confirmation than what we have. Leaning towards it being true, but not putting all my eggs in feet first.

    They even broke into my safe! What is the difference between this and Watergate, where operatives broke into the Democrat National Committee? Here, in reverse, Democrats broke into the home of the 45th President of the United States.
    The difference is, you're Nixon.

  4. #79264
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    That was kind of my first thought, too. Can't help but take anything that man says with an enormous, life-threatening amount of salt.
    Apparently you need roughly 3 grams per kilogram of body weight to begin approaching lethal levels of salt. So...possible, but very, very unreasonable.

    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I...can't imagine what it would take to get an actual search warrant against a former president so this has got to be something big.
    This is a fair question, actually. Has a search warrant ever been issued to a former president? Nixon lucked out because he got a pardon before he left office, but I'm struggling to think of any former presidents that have even really run afoul of the law at all. Granted no parking tickets or speeding citations since they don't drive themselves or anything, but I'm struggling to think of even a slap on the wrist/warning >.>

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'd love to see more official confirmation than what we have. Leaning towards it being true, but not putting all my eggs in feet first.



    The difference is, you're Nixon.
    Yo, so executing a lawful search warrant is now actually burglary? Can you call the cops on the cops burglarizing your house?

  5. #79265
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Apparently you need roughly 3 grams per kilogram of body weight to begin approaching lethal levels of salt. So...possible, but very, very unreasonable.



    This is a fair question, actually. Has a search warrant ever been issued to a former president? Nixon lucked out because he got a pardon before he left office, but I'm struggling to think of any former presidents that have even really run afoul of the law at all. Granted no parking tickets or speeding citations since they don't drive themselves or anything, but I'm struggling to think of even a slap on the wrist/warning >.>
    Well, the only president to ever do something like this is Nixon. Otherwise, no president has done anything like those 2 since the founding of the FBI that I can think of.

  6. #79266
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,116
    Re-reading multiple articles, it seems that (as some of you have said) Trump said he would return all those classified documents he illegally took from the WH and was in routine negotiations to do so, but Trump is also an unreliable source of information, kind of like how my dick is an unreliable tool for hitting MLB home runs. That said, we've known he took stuff for years and, reportedly, still hadn't returned them.

    If the WH got all their stuff back, I'm guessing no charges will be filed -- and Trump will just stamp his feet and yell NO NO NO to zero effect. If the WH finds out Trump destroyed or, ouch, sold something or gave it away, then at that point, I think he finally gets to see if his tiny hands can slip out of handcuffs.

  7. #79267
    Raided by his own man, Wray?

    Well, what can I say except...


  8. #79268
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yo, so executing a lawful search warrant is now actually burglary? Can you call the cops on the cops burglarizing your house?
    Yeah, there's so much wrong with what Trump says it's hard to pick a favorite. Again, Trump needs to be the trod-upon victim so much that it still wouldn't surprise me if this was 100% fiction. But yes, the only similiarity between Watergate and Trump getting raided is that Trump is an idiot who doesn't know history.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hey, how come there's no pictures of an FBI raid on a large hotel? Wouldn't there be at least one guest or employee tweeting them out by now?

  9. #79269
    Merely a Setback PACOX's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    26,470
    "The FBI is out of line!"

    Why?

    Because they are executed a legal warrant on an out of line kingpin?

    " (but) Hunter Biden is out here having sex on camera..."

    The only made up part is in italics, which is paraphrased.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  10. #79270
    Old God -aiko-'s Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The House of All Worlds
    Posts
    10,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Apparently you need roughly 3 grams per kilogram of body weight to begin approaching lethal levels of salt. So...possible, but very, very unreasonable.
    Ha, I was hoping the idiom would still work if I went to the opposite extreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    Raided by his own man, Wray?
    The deep state got to him. America is doomed.

  11. #79271
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,116
    And because Trump brought it up:

    Our Ruling

    Trump said, "You (Hillary Clinton) get a subpoena, and after getting the subpoena you delete 33,000 emails."

    Clinton’s staff received a subpoena for Benghazi-related emails March 4. An employee managing her server deleted 33,000 of Clinton’s emails three weeks later.

    The FBI found no evidence that the emails were deleted deliberately to avoid the subpoena or other requests. Clinton’s team requested for the emails to be deleted months before the subpoena came. They also argued that all the emails that would be relevant to the subpoena had already been turned over to the State Department.

    We rate Trump’s claim Half True.
    "Half True" is far more than Trump typically gets. It's not a MLB home run, but it'd be like using my dick to get to third base. Giggity.

  12. #79272
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yo, so executing a lawful search warrant is now actually burglary? Can you call the cops on the cops burglarizing your house?
    Calling local cops on Federal cops for...wait, didn't Trump's packed courts decide you can't sue federal agents?



    It comes in 3XL too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

  13. #79273
    Merely a Setback PACOX's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    26,470
    I hope Dark Brandon primaries Joe Biden.

    Fuck it.
    Dark Brandon 2024.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  14. #79274
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,116
    Well, I cited FOX News, now I get to cite CNN.

    The FBI executed a search warrant on Monday at Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida, as part of an investigation into the handling of presidential documents, including classified documents, that may have been brought to Florida, three people familiar with the situation say.

    The search began early Monday morning and law enforcement personnel appeared to be focused on the area of the club where Trump's offices and personal quarters are, according to a person familiar with the matter.

    The Justice Department declined to comment to CNN, as did the White House. A White House official said it was not notified about the search.

    In April and May, aides to Trump at Mar-a-Lago were interviewed by the FBI as part of the probe into the handling of presidential records, according to a source familiar with the matter.
    Assuming that's true, which is what we have to do for now, this fits what Biden's been doing all along: letting competent people handle it while he's busy pulling the overturned country out of the ditch. If the evidence is strong enough for a judge to issue a warrant, Biden's say-so is hardly necessary anyhow.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    didn't Trump's packed courts decide you can't sue federal agents?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    (deep breath)

    MUAHAHAHAHAHA

  15. #79275
    Oh yeah watching Fox News and this is the worst thing ever done by the FBI.

    The victimization is performative and next level.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

  16. #79276
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,116
    Well, I trust Dan Rather to know real news from Fake News, so...



    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Oh yeah watching Fox News and this is the worst thing ever done by the FBI.
    I want you to let me know when they get to the part where 2016 Trump threatened to prosecute Clinton, during the debates, to thunderous applause.

    Until you (or anyone else) let me know they did that, I'll give FOX News the lack of respect they deserve.

  17. #79277
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Oh yeah watching Fox News and this is the worst thing ever done by the FBI.

    The victimization is performative and next level.
    They call it a two tier justice system. Because... you know... Hunter Biden!

    What pathetic fucking clowns. Are these really adults?

  18. #79278
    Old God -aiko-'s Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The House of All Worlds
    Posts
    10,925
    Now that the initial shock has worn off, all I have are questions.

    Obviously, to get a search warrant signed off you need to have a very good reason, even more so for a former president. However, that doesn't mean they'll actually find anything. If that is the case, was a fire just lit up that we didn't want to have lit yet? Justice shouldn't wait for anything but it's something to think about. I also wonder how long it will take for any real information to come out of this. Not like you process what you find overnight and make an official statement.

  19. #79279


    Jesus fucking christ, Fox News is fucking stupid. FYI this is a video of Brian Tyler Cohen, watching Fox News meltdown over Trump being raided, even one dumbass claiming to be a former CIA officer saying this is a "coup" to prevent Trump from running again.

  20. #79280
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,116
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    However, that doesn't mean they'll actually find anything.
    We've all seen the reports that Trump took 15 boxes of materials, including classified documents, and there's no evidence he returned them -- even as Trump has said he took them and was in negotiations to do so.

    Trump representatives did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Trump has previously confirmed that he agreed to return certain records to the Archives, calling it "an ordinary and routine process."

    It would actually be worse if they didn't find them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •