10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Our Ruling

Our Ruling

Our Ruling

Our Ruling

The GOP, defenders of the rich and increasingly the criminal, are afraid the IRS will take the tax money they rightfully owe the people of the United States. Unable to find a valid reason to oppose this, they resort to lying.

- - - Expiration Dated - - -

Trump calls Washington Post 'Fake News' following report claiming he's 'scrambling' for lawyers after FBI raid

Let's review Trump's legal team, shall we?

Trump’s Legal Team Includes a Former OAN Host, a Lawyer for a Parking Garage Company, and Kash Patel Selling Tank Tops and Beanies

So...he's happy with these people? I mean, okay...
    Maybe his goal is to get a bunch of small fry lawyers he knows aren’t big enough to effectively go after him when he doesn’t pay them and who are so incompetent that he can chalk up any loss to the incompetency in hopes of affecting a mistrial.

If so it’d be the single most planned out thing trump has ever done. So that makes me think no.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Maybe his goal is to get a bunch of small fry lawyers he knows aren’t big enough to effectively go after him when he doesn’t pay them and who are so incompetent that he can chalk up any loss to the incompetency in hopes of affecting a mistrial.

If so it’d be the single most planned out thing trump has ever done. So that makes me think no.
    Any lawyer working for Trump that doesn't get payed up front is stupid enough to deserve it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    When the Washingon Examiner has an article about Alex Jones leaving Team Trump, you know it's a big deal.

DeSantis has just gone from being awesome to being unbelievably good. And I don’t just watch a man’s actions. As Christ said, judge a tree by its fruits. I can also look in his eyes on HD video, and I see the real sincerity.

This is what Trump should be like. And I’ve been hammering this point, and he’s doing it now. And we have someone that is better than Trump — way better than Trump.

I pigheadedly supported Trump a few years ago even though I disagreed with his Warp Speed because I thought that we had to keep him in office because of the nightmare scenario if Hillary or Biden got in.
    I'm cross-posting this because, simply put, we are witnessing a break between Alex Jones and the QAnon alt-right conspiracy theorist cultists, and Donald Trump.

In this thread, I'll ask: what does this mean for Donald Trump?

Alex Jones isn't the only far-right conspiracy theorist nutjob, but he's certainly one of the most well-known. Nothing gets headlines like lizard people eating gay frogs. Trump losing Jones might be a one-off, something Jones-specific, because Jones helped organize the rally turned riot turned rebellion and Trump did nothing to help him (the fact that Trump had few/no options isn't the point here, Jones is crazy). Or, Trump losing Jones could be symptomatic, hardee har har, of a growing issue for Trump: he's not what the crazy people need enough, anymore.

Notice the bolded above. Trump almost won the popular vote in 2016, in part, because he was an anti-vaxxer. He was an anti-vaxxer until there was an outbreak so bad under his watch he told people to get their shots in public in 2019. As we saw in 2020, he was kind of still on board? Ivermectin, UV lights, swallowing bleach, etc etc we all know the highlight reels of Trump asking people to do fucking stupid medical stuff. But he did push what he claimed was his vaccine -- he lied, but he claimed it as his own.

Has anyone heard from Joe Rogan recently? Last I checked, he wasn't talking about the FBI executing a legal warrant on Trump's grounds. He's pro-choice now.

Is Trump losing his grip on the frothing, rabid fanbase he spent so much time cultivating? Is Jones a symptom of something greater, or a one-off that can be handwaved?

The CDC admits it wasn't ready for COVID-19.

"We were led by a science denier and anti-vaxxer," they said, "what did you expect?"
    CDC has problems, and Trump is problematic - but blaming CDCs problem on Trump being a science denier and anti-vaxxer isn't correct.

Note that on the listed problems could even be described as CDC being too "science-focused"; basically working more on having the perfect scientific paper than on actually doing something reasonably correct in time. Unfortunately (not noted in the article) CDC still didn't communicate the scientific uncertainty.

And early on CDC has problems with testing for covid - and didn't allow any other tests; the usual Not-Invented-Here syndrome.
    As noted in the article a similar problem with Monkeypox is that the vaccine-distribution system is messed up.

For the vaccines:
    Trump actually did a decent job with getting them ready with funding (the UK and EU did the same). Trump possibly even pushed this too much; so that the companies felt the need to distance themselves from him to not make it seem as though it was a Trump-vaccine (which would have made some democrats reluctant to use it). And drinking bleach (etc) was more of his usual Dunning-Kruger persona than anti-science.

And more importantly Trump isn't focused on being anti-vaxx (or pro-vaxx) or anti-science, Trump's focus is Trump.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1560449991981862915

The latest defense for Trump retaining classified documents: It was in a secure room! There was a lock! Mar-a-Lago is a secure location!

Also, remember that time a Chinese businesswoman "got lost" and wandered into the place with a purse full of electronics, including a thumb drive with malware?

Man, who knew a storage closet at a golf course/resort was actually a secure location. They're not even trying to deny that Trump took classified documents to his private residence and illegally retained them.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

The latest defense for Trump retaining classified documents: It was in a secure room! There was a lock! Mar-a-Lago is a secure location!

Also, remember that time a Chinese businesswoman "got lost" and wandered into the place with a purse full of electronics, including a thumb drive with malware?

Man, who knew a storage closet at a golf course/resort was actually a secure location. They're not even trying to deny that Trump took classified documents to his private residence and illegally retained them.
    It sounds bad on tv. They won't even bother mentioning it in court because that is never going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    It sounds bad on tv. They won't even bother mentioning it in court because that is never going to fly.
    Of course not. Trump's lawyers aren't really there to fight legal battles for him, they're not really qualified or experienced enough to do that for the most part. They're there to do his messaging for him on TV stations and conservative media outlets.

Wait, I thought Trump was going to release the videos of them searching?

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Wait, I thought Trump was going to release the videos of them searching?
    That's what Eric the dumber said. I'm honestly skeptical that they will, and if they do I fully expect it to be in edited snippets vs. raw form.

That's what Eric the dumber said. I'm honestly skeptical that they will, and if they do I fully expect it to be in edited snippets vs. raw form.
    Oh, I can guarantee they won't. Because every time they call for something to be released, it turns out to be bad for them. They asked for the warrant and inventory list, it showed they had classified above top secret stuff, that could possibly be nuclear weapons or something crap. Now they are asking for the affidavit, and the cover letter for it, shows the reason for the warrant, and now they being investigated for several crimes. The only reason they would want those tapes released, is so they can attack the investigating FBI agents. Just like with the people that have sued Trump, or the judges that have gone after Trump or other investigating parties like the J6 committee and others.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/08/...ook-challenge/

Lol, Fox is losing their shit that the book-banning they support is hitting one of their favorite books at a single school district, with the book temporarily pulled for review alongside all other books reported by parents as having sexual or inappropriate content for kids.

Lol, Fox is losing their shit that the book-banning they support is hitting one of their favorite books at a single school district, with the book temporarily pulled for review alongside all other books reported by parents as having sexual or inappropriate content for kids.
    That book is worse than all of the books they have banned, combined. Incest, rape, slavery, torture, murder, genocide, infanticide, and don't forget prostitution.

“What’s so difficult to digest here is that the whim of a few has such an impact on the many,” co-host Emily Compagno said. “This is literature that this school should be exposed to…. The fact that because one person or three people put the X on the list [is] absolutely horrifying…. School administrators need to step up and say absolutely not… Every day without the X is a day lost!”
    God the absolute irony of that quote. The hypocrisy and lack of self reflection.

just epic.

While I would prefer the bible out of the school library, its kind of hypocritical of me because one of my favourite books from the elementary school library was on Greek Mythology. I guess I'm not opposed to religious texts being available as long as its not promoted as facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    While I would prefer the bible out of the school library, its kind of hypocritical of me because one of my favourite books from the elementary school library was on Greek Mythology. I guess I'm not opposed to religious texts being available as long as its not promoted as facts.
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with a study of comparative religions.

But if idiots are out there banning books because "think of the children!!!" then the one containing a story about a woman who was gang-raped to death, dismembered, and had her body parts sent around the country as some perverse demonstration of what happened would definitely qualify.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    It should be in school libraries, along with the Koran and various other religious texts. But I have no problem using these systems to ban it until chucklefuck Nazis stop trying to ban books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It should be in school libraries, along with the Koran and various other religious texts.
    I took a class on this in college. My niece took a class on this in high school. Yes, Americans should learn there's more religions than just theirs.

https://news.yahoo.com/lawmakers-dem...164232123.html

House Oversight Committee has questions for social media companies on how they're handling the increased threats against federal law enforcement. Fair question given the spike we've seen from Trump cultists and some Republican lawmakers/candidates recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    I took a class on this in college. My niece took a class on this in high school. Yes, Americans should learn there's more religions than just theirs.
    Like, if nothing else, a basic grasp of major world religions does wonders for understanding why some of our different views exist and how meaningless some of those distinctions really are.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Like, if nothing else, a basic grasp of major world religions does wonders for understanding why some of our different views exist and how meaningless some of those distinctions really are.
    I went to an (admittedly fairly progressive) Catholic highschool, and they offered a World Religions class to seniors. And I honestly think making such a course mandatory would not be such a bad idea.