1. #81441
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,241
    Trump raised $24 million in the last quarter, the quarter of Mar-a-Lago, and that's +41% from the previous.

    He spent $22 million to do it.

    "What lying anonymous source said that?"

    His mandatory FEC filings.

    Now, he does still have money in that replacement PAC of his, and he's not spending it, because candidates who are not Trump, are not Trump. But the fact of the matter is, Trump is either a horrible businessman or not the draw he used to be. Or both.

    - - - Updated - - -

    (sighs)

    So, in the Greene-Flowers debate, which was not as hippie as it sounds, oh just read the headline:

    Republican claims she was a ‘victim’ of Jan 6 riot and insults moderator

    Georgia lawmaker Majorie Taylor Greene framed herself as a “victim” of the January 6 insurrection and commented on her Democratic opponent’s hat multiple times during her only general election debate on Sunday.

    During the debate in Atlanta, she ranted that the Democrats were a party of “child abuse” and claimed her husband “has evidence” of 2020 election fraud.

    Earlier, Ariz-
    "Wait wait wait, hold on, whoa! Her husband has evidence?"

    ...yeah...she said that.

    Flowers: Did Biden win the election?
    Greene: He’s the president
    Flowers: You pushed a big lie that he did not win
    Greene: There was election fraud and my husband has the proof.
    Wanna see the video?

    So, either she's later going to clarify that at least one person committed fraud -- in other words, if she was intentionally misleading during the debate -- or, this is about to get interesting in the divorce court.

    Once again, I'm getting sick of people claiming there was election fraud in 2020 that would have changed the results, and that they have proof, but don't show it. If you claim to have evidence of a crime in public, you should be served with a warrant or subpoena immediately. The cops aren't expected or even allowed to kick down random doors looking for evidence of random crimes, but if you publicly announce you have it, you should immediately be called on to disclose it. Failing to disclose the evidence you say you have should be charged with obstruction of justice.

    "But it's not illegal to lie to the American people. Trump did it well over ten thousand times."

    Correct. But it is illegal to yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater. Lying that you've been sitting on proof of a felony is, at the minimum, a declaration made as fact, in public, that's damaging in nature -- that's not illegal but it is defamation. But imagine if there was a murder committed and the case was dismissed due to lack of evidence. You then say, in public, "I have proof the accused committed the murder". What's next? The DA comes knocking, right? Now imagine you tell them "No, I will not comply with this warrant and/or subpoena despite probable cause, i.e. me saying I have it". What happpens?

    The fact that everyone knows Greene's full of shit should not be a factor here. Election fraud in Georgia is still an issue, there's a case where Giuliani is a target. If you say there's a crime, if you say you have evidence that can prove it, and you refuse to provide it when served, you should be arrested. Greene should not be an exception. Georgia officials, the ones investigating election fraud in Georgia right now, should immediately and publicly serve Greene with a subpoena to testify under oath. Again, the fact that GA knows she's lying shouldn't be a factor -- if she's telling the truth, that information must come forward.

    If you don't like that, then look at what you're defending: Greene was a defender of the Jan 6th insurrection based on the claim that Trump won, a claim she is defending to this day. If you're defending that she should be allowed to lie about that in the debates for the election for her job, then you have to ask what's really important to you. Because cleary, honesty, integrity, and transparency aren't any of it.

  2. #81442
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post


    Literal fucking idiots.

    I just put this order in my App with the following:

    My Cravings Box ---

    Cheesy Gordita Crunch (Add Nacho Cheese)

    Bean Burrito Supreme

    Cinnamon Twists

    Mt Dew Baja Blast Freeze Large

    Nachos Belgrande Combo ---

    Mtn Dew Baja Blast Freeze Large

    Nachos Belgrande

    Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Taco Supreme


    Basically the same order as this dude but with Combos which ALSO Comes with an extra Baja Blast Large Freeze and an order of Cinnamon Twists (Because this idiots order is two fucking orders, I don't give a fuck what anyone says)

    My total: $20.14

    Or $10.07 for a normal person / meal.

    Still on the expensive side.

    But I will stand by my "normal person" order and get either a My Cravings Deluxe Box (usually $7.99) or in the case of this month, a modified Nacho Fries Deluxe Box that comes to $9.38 and is a whopping 1,295 calories and I usually only eat a very light breakfast and dinner when I chow down on something like this.

  3. #81443
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,241
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    My total: $20.14

    Still on the expensive side.
    I wistfully look back at the day that "how much you get at Taco Bell" would have been off-topic. Fuck you, FOX News.

  4. #81444
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So, in the Greene-Flowers debate [...]
    Man, I wish any of that mattered. That the lunatic had even the slightest chance of being unseated. But that's just not the country we live in. -_-

  5. #81445
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,241
    Cohen says Trump won't run.

    “It would destroy the great grift. If he runs, all the money would then have to go into a campaign fund. People would have to start expressing who they are, and it becomes listed,” Cohen told MSNBC’s Ali Velshi. “They don’t want that anymore than he wants that.”

    Cohen added that through a PAC, Trump has “total discretion” over 90 cents out of every dollar.

    “It’s a slush fund,” he said. “He can buy himself a new airplane, or he can use the money to fix his old airplane right now.”
    For the record, I hope that's not entirely true. I can see saying "I need a new airplane to get from rally to rally" but then he needs to actually use it.If he spends money on things he says will help in 2024, then doesn't use them to help in 2024, he should have to repay the PAC. Plus, he's been caught before, I'm guessing there's extra scruitiny now.

    “His insatiable need for attention is one reason he continues to flaunt this disingenuous 2024 run,” Cohen told Insider last September. “The other is he’s making more money doing that than anything he has ever done before.”

    He predicted Trump would keep fueling speculation about a run until the last minute, citing Democrats or personal matters as the reason to ultimately decide against it.
    I predicted Trump, as soon as he realized he was going to lose, would drop out of the 2020 race faking an illness.

    Then he caught COVID and almost died, and still didn't drop out.

    Then he decided he would Alternative Win and staged a treasonous insurrection. So, no, I don't feel bad about being wrong. Cohen is suggesting I was just one race early.

  6. #81446
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump raised $24 million in the last quarter, the quarter of Mar-a-Lago, and that's +41% from the previous.

    He spent $22 million to do it.

    "What lying anonymous source said that?"

    His mandatory FEC filings.

    Now, he does still have money in that replacement PAC of his, and he's not spending it, because candidates who are not Trump, are not Trump. But the fact of the matter is, Trump is either a horrible businessman or not the draw he used to be. Or both.

    - - - Updated - - -

    (sighs)

    So, in the Greene-Flowers debate, which was not as hippie as it sounds, oh just read the headline:

    Republican claims she was a ‘victim’ of Jan 6 riot and insults moderator



    "Wait wait wait, hold on, whoa! Her husband has evidence?"

    ...yeah...she said that.



    Wanna see the video?

    So, either she's later going to clarify that at least one person committed fraud -- in other words, if she was intentionally misleading during the debate -- or, this is about to get interesting in the divorce court.

    Once again, I'm getting sick of people claiming there was election fraud in 2020 that would have changed the results, and that they have proof, but don't show it. If you claim to have evidence of a crime in public, you should be served with a warrant or subpoena immediately. The cops aren't expected or even allowed to kick down random doors looking for evidence of random crimes, but if you publicly announce you have it, you should immediately be called on to disclose it. Failing to disclose the evidence you say you have should be charged with obstruction of justice.

    "But it's not illegal to lie to the American people. Trump did it well over ten thousand times."

    Correct. But it is illegal to yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater. Lying that you've been sitting on proof of a felony is, at the minimum, a declaration made as fact, in public, that's damaging in nature -- that's not illegal but it is defamation. But imagine if there was a murder committed and the case was dismissed due to lack of evidence. You then say, in public, "I have proof the accused committed the murder". What's next? The DA comes knocking, right? Now imagine you tell them "No, I will not comply with this warrant and/or subpoena despite probable cause, i.e. me saying I have it". What happpens?

    The fact that everyone knows Greene's full of shit should not be a factor here. Election fraud in Georgia is still an issue, there's a case where Giuliani is a target. If you say there's a crime, if you say you have evidence that can prove it, and you refuse to provide it when served, you should be arrested. Greene should not be an exception. Georgia officials, the ones investigating election fraud in Georgia right now, should immediately and publicly serve Greene with a subpoena to testify under oath. Again, the fact that GA knows she's lying shouldn't be a factor -- if she's telling the truth, that information must come forward.

    If you don't like that, then look at what you're defending: Greene was a defender of the Jan 6th insurrection based on the claim that Trump won, a claim she is defending to this day. If you're defending that she should be allowed to lie about that in the debates for the election for her job, then you have to ask what's really important to you. Because cleary, honesty, integrity, and transparency aren't any of it.
    Wait a second, I read that her husband is separated from her, has been for a long time(forget the length) and recently filed for divorce? Am I missing something? Seems like her opponent missed an easy lay up here.

  7. #81447
    Trump's ego will force him to run. Especially if Desatan runs and is in the lead.
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

  8. #81448
    Merely a Setback Kaleredar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    25,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Trump's ego will force him to run. Especially if Desatan runs and is in the lead.
    The number one, surefire-way to sink the GOP 2024 bid is for Trump to want to run but DeSantis (or anyone else for that matter) to actually get the nomination.

    Then, it becomes Trump's story about how the GOP faked their way into stealing the nomination from him, about how whomever is the GOP nominee is a trash RINO that's under the influence of Bernie Sanders/AOC socialist fake news, and so on and so forth.

    The GOP can't win without Trump's dangerously deluded gaggle of sycophants, and if Trump leads them away from whomever the nominee is, they'll have a very steep uphill battle.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  9. #81449
    As I have said the whole time, if Trump runs in 2024 its not because of money. Its to desperately seek the immunity of the Office of the President to hide from the many lawsuits after him.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  10. #81450
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,241
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Wait a second, I read that her husband is separated from her, has been for a long time(forget the length) and recently filed for divorce? Am I missing something?
    Nope. About 80%, 85% of all people who commented said exactly that. Along the lines of "she's saying her husband has the proof so she has an excuse when she's asked to show it, and refuses to, because of course it doesn't exist"

    - - - Updated - - -

    The metaphorical bodies are going to start hitting the metaphorical floor.

    DoJ asks for 6 month sentence and $200,000 fine for Steve Bannon outright ignoring a Congressional subpoena.

    For his sustained, bad-faith contempt of Congress, the Defendant should be sentenced to six months' imprisonment—the top end of the Sentencing Guidelines' range—and fined $200,000—based on his insistence on paying the maximum fine rather than cooperate with the Probation Office’s routine pre-sentencing financial investigation
    And then, when he's arrested and thrown in prison, subpoena him again. Drag him into the courtroom in an orange jumpsuit and shackles. I mean, we still want the testimony and we'll know where he lives.

    "And if he refuses to testify?"

    I mean, he can take the Fifth, in public, in an orange jumpsuit, in shackles. Taking the Fifth is not illegal. You're allowed to look guilty as fuck if you want to.

  11. #81451
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ...location, location!
    Posts
    15,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The number one, surefire-way to sink the GOP 2024 bid is for Trump to want to run but DeSantis (or anyone else for that matter) to actually get the nomination.

    Then, it becomes Trump's story about how the GOP faked their way into stealing the nomination from him, about how whomever is the GOP nominee is a trash RINO that's under the influence of Bernie Sanders/AOC socialist fake news, and so on and so forth.

    The GOP can't win without Trump's dangerously deluded gaggle of sycophants, and if Trump leads them away from whomever the nominee is, they'll have a very steep uphill battle.
    Sounds like a dream situation for the well-being of the country. Let's hope it happens, then!

  12. #81452
    https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...-act-together/

    No President has done more for Israel than I have. Somewhat surprisingly, however, our wonderful Evangelicals are far more appreciative of this than the people of the Jewish faith, especially those living in the U.S.,” Trump said in a Truth Social post.

    Those living in Israel, though, are a different story – Highest approval rating in the World, could easily be P.M.! U.S. Jews have to get their act together and appreciate what they have in Israel – Before it is too late!” Trump added.
    MIGA doesn't have quite the same ring to it, does it? Also, ISRAEL FIRST, apparently?

    Either way, just more very casual, overt antisemetism from a man whose son in law is Jewish and whose daughter converted to Judaism.

  13. #81453
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    80,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...-act-together/



    MIGA doesn't have quite the same ring to it, does it? Also, ISRAEL FIRST, apparently?

    Either way, just more very casual, overt antisemetism from a man whose son in law is Jewish and whose daughter converted to Judaism.
    Let's also note that the reason Evangelicals are largely so supportive of Israel is the doctrine of Christian Zionism, a belief that is largely structured around the need for certain sites in Israel to be under Jewish control before the Second Coming of Christ and the apocalypse can kick off. It is, essentially, a belief that an Israeli Jewish genocide is the necessary first step to God's final plan, and their motive for supporting Israel boils down to ensuring those Jewish Israelis are in position for that destruction.

    Before anyone takes a shot at me over this, I'm not opposing the existence of Israel here, I'm pointing to the inherent antisemitism behind Christian Zionist views specifically. It isn't really pro-Israel, it's setting Israel up to take the first hit in the apocalypse they seek to bring about.

    I realize I'm touching on religious discussion, but you can't properly understand the political position without at least a basic theological grasp of what Christian Zionism is seeking to bring about.


  14. #81454
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I realize I'm touching on religious discussion
    Trump started it, it's on-topic. Just like we can talk about how vile and racist Nazis are, or how being supportive of transgender isn't the same as child abuse. If a major Party of Trump figure brings it up, that makes it on this topic.

    - - - Updated - - -

    And today in "You shouldn't have tweeted that":

    MAGA doesn’t Vote for stupid people with big mouths.
    Yep, Trump said that on his Chinese knockoff twitter, inviting what I'm sure will be the last post many will make on that platform before, in the spirit of fighting cancel culture, they are kicked off for mocking Trump.

    This was, of course, focused on someone who said something Trump didn't like, immediately branding him a RINO.

    Trump is entitled to his opinion but I’m my own man and I’ll call it like I see it. Another Biden, Trump election will tear this country apart. … DeSantis, Scott, Pompeo or Haley would be better choices.

    These elections should be focused on Joe Biden’s failures – supercharged inflation, a broken border, rampant crime, a war on American energy – not a rehash of 2020. America needs to move forward.
    There are, of course, flaws in that statement. Biden did not cause inflation, for example, we've recently seen a post on the topic. Biden has also not caused a war on energy by not selling drilling leases that don't get used. And the claims about crime are just standard GOP rhetoric -- crime rates seem to magically stop being a problem when they're in charge and they start gutting social programs and throwing handfuls of loaded assault rifles onto public streets.

    "Who is this guy?"

    Oh, some underdog in CO who's past the primary and Trump's attacks on them is actually helping the Democrat.

  15. #81455
    NBC News: Trump Organization charged Secret Service as much as $1,185 per night to stay at Trump property.

    Government rate for the night was just over $200.


    The Grift.

    Many posted about this when Trump was in office, but no confirmation cause of course Trump family was denying this. Now we have the numbers of how much was being overcharged. Reports show that it equals a total of $1.4 million.

    Yes, think about Trump's almost every weekend trips to his business, not a residence. The story that USSS had to rent rooms in trump tower. Just the speculation we had with how much Trump is costing the US government, well stealing from US.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2022-10-17 at 09:06 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

  16. #81456
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    NBC News: Trump Organization charged Secret Service as much as $1,185 per night to stay at Trump property.

    Government rate for the night was just over $200.


    The Grift.

    Many posted about this when Trump was in office, but no confirmation cause of course Trump family was denying this. Now we have the numbers of how much was being overcharged. Reports show that it equals a total of $1.4 million.

    Yes, think about Trump's almost every weekend trips to his business, not a residence. The story that USSS had to rent rooms in trump tower. Just the speculation we had with how much Trump is costing the US government, well stealing from US.
    There are easy ways to fix this.

    Prohibit any sitting president to charge a fee of any kind to any support staff that is needed at any residence or business that the President owned or has investments in at the 6 months from of being President. This would be for the entire duration of his term and afterwards if the President retains any support staff like Secret Service that would be on the government dime. Any bill that gets sent to the government gets returned to sender.

  17. #81457
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    There are easy ways to fix this.

    Prohibit any sitting president to charge a fee of any kind to any support staff that is needed at any residence or business that the President owned or has investments in at the 6 months from of being President. This would be for the entire duration of his term and afterwards if the President retains any support staff like Secret Service that would be on the government dime. Any bill that gets sent to the government gets returned to sender.
    It's an easy fix, but it's a problem that's never actually been a problem and needed a fix before. Republican grifting and lust for power is requiring we place more and more explicit guardrails to prevent behaviors that we've never had to worry about.

  18. #81458
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's an easy fix, but it's a problem that's never actually been a problem and needed a fix before. Republican grifting and lust for power is requiring we place more and more explicit guardrails to prevent behaviors that we've never had to worry about.
    That is with a lot of things that you wouldn't expect to be problems but become problems because of people like Trump who absolutely will take advantage of others every chance they get. That is why I hate some of the Literalists on the Supreme Court.

  19. #81459
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,241
    I was going to quote this Salon article but...you know, there's nothing in here we didn't already know.

    Basically, it boils down to "Trump has no claim to privilege over the seized items". Therefore, his rights cannot be damaged by them being returned.

    Now I will say, I get the idea of looking for items caught up in the search that aren't WH property. But the FBI already has a taint team for that. And I believe we've seen that things like his medical reports have already been returned.

    Meanwhile the last ruling has allowed the DOJ to continue to review the documents they have anyhow, so, slamming on the brakes now seems ineffective.

    Plus, yet again, Trump has made no move in any way to say the he asserted privilege, or declassified anything, under oath. His lawyers have only hinted he might have. It is possible he did, but neither side has anything to demonstrate that, and quite frankly, I think the DOJ is the only side that looked. Garland is being exceptionally cautious, after all.

    Cannon lacked the authority to rule the way she did -- as almost everyone called out at the time, and is calling out more emphatically now. In fact, the only new information I got was this:

    For example, if any records comingled with the records bearing classification markings post-date Plaintiff's term of office, that could establish that these materials continued to be accessed after Plaintiff left the White House
    That's the DOJ laying the case for the Espionage Act. Now, I don't know how Trump would have gotten a classified document Jan 21st or later. But the fact that the DOJ is saying, in public, under oath, that this is something they have to consider, is pretty big.

    Especially when paired with this:

    Walt Nauta – who served as a White House culinary employee from 2012-2021, according to his service record – told investigators that Trump directed him to move the boxes to a different location as the federal investigation was underway, an individual familiar with the investigation says.

    Nauta, a native of Guam, is now a witness in the Justice Department's probe – which escalated after the execution of a search warrant on Trump's Florida residence in August – and has appeared before a federal grand jury in Washington, D.C., CBS News has learned. Investigators are interested in Nauta's firsthand knowledge of what he told investigators was Trump's directive to move the containers of records, the source said.

    According to his service record, Nauta was a culinary specialist who enlisted in the Navy in July 2001, worked on aircraft carriers and naval bases and earned a number of medals and honors over the course of his career. His service record indicates his last post was in Washington, D.C., before leaving the military in September 2021.
    So, yeah, Trump had a cook move classified info and lie to the feds. That Sept 2021 thing, if Trump did have any classified documents past the point where he fairly and legally lost the election, this cook could be how.

    Meanwhile, this article talks about the Jan 6th panel and its subpoena ability. It brings up a good point: why issue the subpoena, if it's not going to be enforced? Maybe they'll grant Trump his live audience -- I hope they do, him lying on the stand in public would be great -- maybe not, but they have to know by now that Trump allies have defied subpoenas many times already -- Bannon is facing jail time for it right now. They have to commit. Issuing the subpoena should be taken as a sign they've got the DOJ on speed dial to say "well he refused, now it's your job to enforce it".

  20. #81460
    https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1582406928512483328

    Bob Woodward has a new audiobook coming out. Anyways, here's CNN with an audio clip of Woodward speaking to Trump after his presidency, and Trump handing Woodward the letters from Kim Jong Un that he stole from the White House.

    And don't say I gave them to you, okay? But I think it's okay. Normally I wouldn't - I wasn't going to give them to Bob, you know.
    Also, he makes reference of a photostat...which according to what little research I've just done on it hasn't been a think since at least the early 1960's. Trump is an expert on technology and all things cyber.

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trum...er-2658468729/

    Reuters correspondent Sarah Lynch reported that Dearie complained that the former president had not provided proof of his privilege claims over many documents.

    "Saying it so doesn't make it so," Dearie remarked.

    Lynch said the judge became "frustrated" because attorneys were spending time on documents that were not in dispute.

    "I have no patience for either one of you," the judge told attorneys for both sides. "I don't want to be dealing with nonsense objections, nonsense assertions."

    He pointed out that Trump has made "numerous assertions" that he owns many of the government records.

    "It's a little perplexing as I go through the log," Dearie added. "Where's the beef?"

    Dearie has ordered the attorneys to make a joint submission of disputed documents by Nov. 12.
    Man, it's almost like what everyone has been saying all thread long and what a few people have been incredibly dishonest about: That Trump does not have privilege, has not asserted privilege, and is reliant on wild innuendo in his attempts to prove that he owns government records and that the DoJ can not review classified government materials stolen by Donald Trump and stored in his closet at his golf club.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •