1. #81481
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The GOP is very strategic. They'll only break from Trump if Trump base breaks. It's been their play to accept anyone who will vote for them since the Southern Strategy.


    Ironically they didn't even want Trump. Remember when they had a massive political machine to suppress Trump. Someone gave him all the attention though. Terrible game plan that was.
    It is when he started to talk about "The Others*" is when they started to listen to him and promote him.

    *Others as in any minorities, foreign people from Middle/South America or SE Asia, any religion other than fanatical Christianity or anything else that wouldn't fit in with Nazi Germany.

  2. #81482
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    It is when he started to talk about "The Others*" is when they started to listen to him and promote him.

    *Others as in any minorities, foreign people from Middle/South America or SE Asia, any religion other than fanatical Christianity or anything else that wouldn't fit in with Nazi Germany.
    He started whining about "The Others" from day one. The other 16 people competing for the job simply weren't up for the task leaving the GOP stuck with Trump.

  3. #81483
    I guess Trump folks don't have jobs or lives since they're already getting in their American flag skinned Hummer-2's (you know, the completely pointless ones that are just expensive and get like 8/mpg?) and dozens of flags and going to rally for their cult leader. And playing really shitty, generic country music. I'm not a fan of the genre in general (love me some bluegrass though) but I can still appreciate some good country, just not the overproduced pop shit they listen to sung by a guy whose closest encounter with farm work was that one time he spent half a day shooting a music video on a farm.

  4. #81484
    Over 9000! Milchshake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Javelin of Shitposts, Post-and-Forget
    Posts
    9,209
    Remember those days when when his goose-stepping fans said, "we're only against the illegal immigrants." Which was and always is a lie.

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...vin-Williamson
    Welcome to MMO-C. One you realize that the median poster is a Johnny Depp fanboi that consume 8 hours of youtube a day. You realize it's hopeless.

  5. #81485
    https://abc17news.com/news/2022/08/0...-from-the-irs/

    A federal appeals court on Tuesday signed off on a House Ways and Means Committee request to obtain former President Donald Trump’s tax returns from the Internal Revenue Service.

    The 3-0 ruling from the DC Circuit Court of Appeals is a blow to Trump, who has argued for years in court against releasing his tax returns to any investigators. A trial-level judge he appointed while president previously rejected his arguments in the case.

    But Trump still could appeal, making the litigation unlikely to end at this time. The court said the judgment would not issued for seven days, giving Trump time to appeal. This litigation is separate from the House select committee’s investigation into the January 6 riot.

    The majority opinion, written by Circuit Judge David Sentelle, said that Ways and Means Committee Chairman Richard Neal’s request for the records was within the scope of his committee’s inquiry, and the court also rejected Trump’s argument claiming that the request had a retaliatory motive, making it invalid.
    And another loss in the courts in Trump's fight to keep his returns secret. He'll appeal again, but based off history he's only delaying the inevitable. Hope Democrats can keep the House so Republicans don't just cover everything up as they continue to bring the swamp and the "DEEP STATE" to Washington DC.

  6. #81486
    Over 9000! Milchshake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Javelin of Shitposts, Post-and-Forget
    Posts
    9,209
    Remember when the Intercept was all about truth and transparency ...


    Transparency that electorally helps the GOP: good
    Transparency that electorally hurts the GOP: bad precedent
    Welcome to MMO-C. One you realize that the median poster is a Johnny Depp fanboi that consume 8 hours of youtube a day. You realize it's hopeless.

  7. #81487
    Pence demands "full accounting" from Garland on Mar-a-Lago search

    This guy is such a lil B.

    I share the deep concern of millions of Americans over the unprecedented search of the personal residence of President Trump. No former President of the United States has ever been subject to a raid of their personal residence in American history.

    Pence official Twitter.

    Really!?! This mother effer. I swear he likes to be dominated in privacy. Nothing wrong with that, but have a spine in politics.

    They really are making Trump, God-King. As much as conservatives love humping our Founding Fathers, they at least knew the whole King thing was bad. Yes, funny enough to rip on the Constitution again, they did leave many holes in this for abuse, but overall was the President was not above the law.

    Common sense would say this, cause electing someone who gets to run crime free during their term(s) and get away with it is surely not a government that can stand on laws.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2022-08-09 at 05:51 PM.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

    -Isaac Asimov

  8. #81488
    Quote Originally Posted by Midterm Voter View Post
    Remember when the Intercept was all about truth and transparency ...


    Transparency that electorally helps the GOP: good
    Transparency that electorally hurts the GOP: bad precedent
    That is the thing that gets me about this. He literally could have stated "All these documents are declassified and available for anyone to see." while he was president, and the FBI would not be at his door right now.

  9. #81489
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    That is the thing that gets me about this. He literally could have stated "All these documents are declassified and available for anyone to see." while he was president, and the FBI would not be at his door right now.
    He still can't take the docs. They have to go to the archives.
    9

  10. #81490
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    That is the thing that gets me about this. He literally could have stated "All these documents are declassified and available for anyone to see." while he was president, and the FBI would not be at his door right now.
    That's debatable, since the Presidential Records act requires those documents to be stored in the national archives, not MAL. Plus, there's this tidbit from twitter, hinting at something more ominous:
    James Comey was right when he testified that the DOJ typically does *not* prosecute cases involving the mishandling of classified material unless that material was deliberately transferred to a third party.

    That suggests to me that there is something we don't know here.

  11. #81491
    Another; "Whatever happened to Trump's tax returns?". Remember that one.

    Appeals court rules IRS must provide Trump’s tax returns to House committee

    Not sure if the Committee can do a deep dive into his taxes as in that A hid B and B hid C kind thing. Tax forensics is the name I guess that a criminal prosecution usually does. So maybe not much will become this.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

    -Isaac Asimov

  12. #81492
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    That's debatable, since the Presidential Records act requires those documents to be stored in the national archives, not MAL. Plus, there's this tidbit from twitter, hinting at something more ominous:
    Wondering if Jared's feeling a bit less secure with that money the Saudi's gave him now.

  13. #81493
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    36,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    This guy is such a lil B.
    Okay. Here's a full accounting: Trump admitted he took classified documents and didn't return them a year and a half later. So the FBI went in to find them. The end.

  14. #81494
    Legendary! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    6,075
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    That is the thing that gets me about this. He literally could have stated "All these documents are declassified and available for anyone to see." while he was president, and the FBI would not be at his door right now.
    He still could not take them after he left office without approval to do so.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  15. #81495
    So read thru comments on social media mainly and this is a good point and concerning.

    If this only about him taking documents from the White House, simply put and is a slap on the wrist then yes this looks bad for FBI, DOJ and I guess Biden. Right now I'm in this boat since if its non-classified and this gets tricky since Trump can claim whatever when he was Prez. will be used as a political hammer.

    Of course on the other hand people have said this has to be serious on the people who signed off on this search. Basically this better be destroying documents or selling documents. So we will see which is which.

    Yes, Trump has warrant so he could come out now publicly and say what they searched for. Idk if that would make it crystal clear, but we would know more.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

    -Isaac Asimov

  16. #81496
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    If this only about him taking documents from the White House, simply put and is a slap on the wrist then yes this looks bad for FBI, DOJ and I guess Biden. Right now I'm in this boat since if its non-classified and this gets tricky since Trump can claim whatever when he was Prez. will be used as a political hammer.
    Every single piece of paper of electronic communication The President produces is owned by the American public and automatically transfer into the legal custody of the National Archives and Records Administration as soon as the President leaves office.

    Do you think Trump can just break the law if he feels like it? He was the President, not some mob boss.

  17. #81497


    I understand you don't read all my posts, but I posted just above about Pence's bs statement. Nobody should be above the law, not even the President. So I know you will counter this that Trump then committed a crime. Yes, but there is political blowback if this is just about taking documents, a minor crime.

    To be clear and this is where it gets messy. What is classified and national security risk or whatever Trump claims is just some document about say a letter between him and Shinzo Abi. This better be solid.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

    -Isaac Asimov

  18. #81498
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Nobody should be above the law, not even the former President.
    Fixed : P

    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Yes, but there is political blowback if this is just about taking documents, a minor crime.
    The political blowback would exist no matter what. But based on the fact that he brought currently-classified (not retroactively classified) materials with him, and the chatter from some federal prosecutors indicating that the FBI may have evidence/reason to believe Trump shared these documents with others who should not have access to them. I'm skeptical this is a "minor crime" thing.

    IIRC the Archives confirmed there was classified materials in the 15 boxes of shit Trump took out of the White House.

  19. #81499
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fixed : P



    The political blowback would exist no matter what. But based on the fact that he brought currently-classified (not retroactively classified) materials with him, and the chatter from some federal prosecutors indicating that the FBI may have evidence/reason to believe Trump shared these documents with others who should not have access to them. I'm skeptical this is a "minor crime" thing.

    IIRC the Archives confirmed there was classified materials in the 15 boxes of shit Trump took out of the White House.
    It's not about his fascist base. They are fascist, Trump worshippers above anything else. We have maybe 10-20% of the voting population for some stupid reason think their is no difference between two parties. So while some of these brain dead people think that they are still not a party of fascists and they see this who for some reason believe the President is untouchable.

    This happened in first and I guess 2nd impeachment where when broken down the so called Independents were always split or I think actually didn't want impeachment. They really are the "don't rock the boat" people. While I can't state for certain, but these voters who Dems need see this and it's a slap on the wrist, will not help the Dems. This is all conjecture on my part and my pessimism of Trump getting away crap and ends up helping him politically.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

    -Isaac Asimov

  20. #81500
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fixed : P



    The political blowback would exist no matter what. But based on the fact that he brought currently-classified (not retroactively classified) materials with him, and the chatter from some federal prosecutors indicating that the FBI may have evidence/reason to believe Trump shared these documents with others who should not have access to them. I'm skeptical this is a "minor crime" thing.

    IIRC the Archives confirmed there was classified materials in the 15 boxes of shit Trump took out of the White House.
    I know the big thing is, how would they know he shared it? So it makes me wonder if some of the intelligence agencies have given him trap information to see if other intelligence agencies around the world began acting on that trap information. Like, maybe word filtered down about some accounts or locations that the government secretly held that suddenly were seized and after some determination, they realized the only way this information got into the hands of a rival government is through the documents that Trump stole.

    Maybe they even went as far as to go undercover and attempt to buy the documents.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •