Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Fuck Twitter for being so money-hungry and/or spineless. Giving him his platform back for the election? Might as well not bothered banning him at all.
    I thought I read somewhere that Trump being off Twitter was a net-positive for republicans, and it caused their number to go up. With Trump vomiting up bullshit on twitter, people are constantly reminding of how horrible he is (and the party as a whole) and their numbers go down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that Trump being off Twitter was a net-positive for republicans, and it caused their number to go up. With Trump vomiting up bullshit on twitter, people are constantly reminding of how horrible he is (and the party as a whole) and their numbers go down.
    You may have read that, I disagree, but I hope I'm wrong.

Fuck Twitter for being so money-hungry and/or spineless. Giving him his platform back for the election? Might as well not bothered banning him at all.
    Well, it's Elon Musk who just bought out Twitter and fired many higher-ups (including the CEO), with more plans to fire up to 75% of Twitter employees, because there's "too much moderation" on Twitter. It's Musk who would flip the switch to let Trump back on - the same Musk who just recently claimed that western nations should just capitulate to Putin and abandon Ukraine to its fate.

But then again he might just be distracted by the latest phallic object rocketing into the atmosphere and forget why he was so mad at people who want to ignore pro-authoritarian, racist, bigoted hatemongers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paul Pelosi assaulted in his own home. Someone broke in and hit him with a hammer, asking where Nancy was, and sent him to the hospital.

Trump supporters: I am blaming you specifically and directly for this. You don't get 24 hours to condemn the attack, it's too late. You supported someone who encouraged violence for years, and this is what has happened.

This is your fault. You did this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Trump is going to set records with the amount of time is going to take the 5th during that deposition.
    But remember, only guilty people and mobsters plead the 5th.
    You don't get to selectively take the 5th in criminal cases. Who knows how brown applies to congressional testimony, so I'm kinda curious what's going to happen if he actually gives testimony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    You don't get to selectively take the 5th in criminal cases.
    Trump has already proven he's willing to take the Fifth to every question that is not his name. And, considering it won't be televised, that means there won't be any "selectivity". Considering his objective guilt, his only hope is that he meets another judge willing to damage their career for him.

Paul Pelosi assaulted in his own home. Someone broke in and hit him with a hammer, asking where Nancy was, and sent him to the hospital.

Trump supporters: I am blaming you specifically and directly for this. You don't get 24 hours to condemn the attack, it's too late. You supported someone who encouraged violence for years, and this is what has happened.

This is your fault. You did this.
    And not surprising that the fucking morons are on Twitter claiming it is a "Jussie Smollett" type of attack, claiming he is a hippie communist, yet all of his social media and blog showing he is a huge MAGAt supporter sharing conspiracy pages and shit. Claiming the guy was in his underwear and that he was Paul Pelosi's gay lover. I wish I was lying about that, but I'm not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    And not surprising that the fucking morons are on Twitter claiming it is a "Jussie Smollett" type of attack, claiming he is a hippie communist, yet all of his social media and blog showing he is a huge MAGAt supporter sharing conspiracy pages and shit. Claiming the guy was in his underwear and that he was Paul Pelosi's gay lover. I wish I was lying about that, but I'm not.
    There isn't a bottom of a barrel the deplorables can't find.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    There isn't a bottom of a barrel the deplorables can't find.
    https://twitter.com/samanthamarika1/...93996639543297

Yep, this is like the fourth or fifth post after clicking on the trending hashtag of Jussie Smollett.

Here is a former CA Senate Candidate: https://twitter.com/JamesBradleyCA/s...86407461748736
    You have Marjorie Taylor Greene saying yesterday to just wait til tomorrow, then today after the attack to say we are winning. Then she posted this bullshit: https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1586124563506954243

Then you have this moron: https://twitter.com/rcwthe3rd/status...30338080608257

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    You have Marjorie Taylor Greene saying yesterday to just wait til tomorrow
    that was obviously meaning elon musk taking over twitter to be fair

https://www.reddit.com/r/facepalm/co...e_white_house/

Fox, complaining about the "selective condemnation" for not condemning every attack involving hammers.

Because yes, ultimately, according to Fox, this is the fault of Joe Biden. Not the extremist conservatives and Republicans spouting the same conspiracy theories and rhetoric that the attacker did on his blog.

I'm sure every member of the Republican party has condemned this vile attack at least, right?

Right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fox, complaining about the "selective condemnation" for not condemning every attack involving hammers.
    That's desperation, I can smell the reek of it from here. Trying to protect their poor fragile viewerbase's minds from the motive of the crime and trying to shift the blame to the instrument. After all that "guns don't kill people" bit, it's only fitting that these massive hypocrites pretend it's the instrument that's the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... Over 1100 posts deleted from this thread and counting? I'm watching the page count go backwards right now.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Wow... Over 1100 posts deleted from this thread and counting? I'm watching the page count go backwards right now.
    Yeah. I don't know wtf is going on but this thread is practically broken for me because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Yeah. I don't know wtf is going on but this thread is practically broken for me because of it.
    Wonder what prompted them to delete this much. Guessing it was from the known trolls and they finally got permission to address it.

Just remember all the times we had them derail the thread for 15+ pages at a time. All those troll posts add up. Good chance this was strictly posts from a single user.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Wonder what prompted them to delete this much. Guessing it was from the known trolls and they finally got permission to address it.

Just remember all the times we had them derail the thread for 15+ pages at a time. All those troll posts add up. Good chance this was strictly posts from a single user.
    Edit: Actually, not so sure about what I said, I think fully deleted users might auto-delete all their references which would fix the threads proactively. I'm not sure what would lead the mod team to target a user and force-delete all their posts, I think account deletions are cleaner than this.

For those who don't know, mechanically speaking, "deleted posts" still exist, they're just only visible to mods. That's the problem that's happening; there's pages and pages of posts we now can't see, but the total page count includes those deleted posts, even if the post content itself was deleted there's still a reference point for it in the post order. I have no idea what's going on here but I don't recall anything of this scale when I was still modding.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-10-29 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Similar thing happening in the Roe v Wade thread. Just not as many pages there, so it redirects to the last available without spitting out the "page can't be loaded" error.

Someone got nuked, just don't know who.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Similar thing happening in the Roe v Wade thread. Just not as many pages there, so it redirects to the last available without spitting out the "page can't be loaded" error.

Given the massive numbers, I would have to guess maybe Shalcker or Yuffie (Not sure I spelled that right), outside of them and tehdang, they are the main trolls I have seen massively derailing the threads for pages upon pages (With the help of those who fed them of course).
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post

I do actually believe that it was Shalcker.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    I do actually believe that it was Shalcker.
    His last post was in June according to his profile. So if he had posted since then and it's not showing up, maybe.

/shrug

Doesn't really matter, though.