1. #81561
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    ID
    Posts
    2,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Oh, wait, there's more.



    Okay I legit don't know what to make of this. He's usually lying, but this story seems more like "he got the details wrong" than "work of original fiction". Read as it is, it sure sounds like Trump says the FBI knew where the illegal stuff was...so...why didn't they just take it then?

    Also, isn't this accounting and the "planted evidence" pretty contradictory?
    Sounds like they moved to at least protect the documents until they were able to get through the channels of actually securing them themselves.

  2. #81562
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    36,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Sounds like they moved to at least protect the documents until they were able to get through the channels of actually securing them themselves.
    I'm not sure the FBI has any real reason to do that. Does any police officer? If Trump loses the info, that's another 10 years for another different crime.

    I guess they could at the time have been more worried about classified info getting out. But it's more realistic that Trump was just lying.

  3. #81563
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Oh, wait, there's even more. And it's Eric!



    Time out. Um...if the FBI asked you to turn off cameras...and you didn't...did Eric just volunteer that he broke the law? I'm pretty sure, if the FBI shows up and says "turn the cameras off" and you refuse, that's bad.
    Didn't Trump's lawyer (one of them) say that she was present for the entirety of the search?

  4. #81564
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    35,803
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This one gave me a really good chuckle. They just want to defund everything now, its amazing.

    This is an actual tweet from MtG:

    My preferred pronouns are:
    Impeach/Biden
    Purge/DOJ
    Defund/FBI
    Fire/Fauci
    Abolish/ATF
    Close/The/Border
    Only/Two/Genders
    Put/Prayer/Back/In/School
    No/Men/In/Women’s/Anything
    Ban/Drag/Queen/Story-time
    Stop/Gender/Affirming/Care/On/Kids
    Bring/Back/American/Energy
    America/First

    We have a "purge," "defund," and an "abolish" when it comes to people that could show up at her door.

    Please don't make the mistake I did and scroll through her feed. Holy conspiracy collector, Batman!
    So... no men in women's abortion rights? Sounds good. The rest I can do without though.
    Plenty of people have been holding their breath waiting for me to fail. I think they all suffocated years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Just came here to remind people that the right has no moral conscious. If they ever try to morally scold you, it's not because they think what you're doing is wrong. Is because it's effective, and want to discourage you from doing it.

  5. #81565
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    36,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Didn't Trump's lawyer (one of them) say that she was present for the entirety of the search?
    Funny you should say that. Yes, she was there, but she is claiming that they didn't let her watch.

    If she's telling the truth, then it's completely legal that the cops can kick you out when they're searching your place. Meaning, Team Trump has no right to complain.

    If she's lying, then it's her fault for not watching...or she did watch, and nothing bad happened, but she knows her client is guilty.

    Oh, she's an OAN hostess.

  6. #81566
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Funny you should say that. Yes, she was there, but she is claiming that they didn't let her watch.

    If she's telling the truth, then it's completely legal that the cops can kick you out when they're searching your place. Meaning, Team Trump has no right to complain.

    If she's lying, then it's her fault for not watching...or she did watch, and nothing bad happened, but she knows her client is guilty.

    Oh, she's an OAN hostess.
    Bobb suggested some of what was recovered on Monday could be 'classified' but quickly added it would have 'no significant meaning'
    Huh. So in addition to prepping the, "IT WAS PLANTED!" narratives, they're doubling down with the, "Yeah they found illegal stuff, but it doesn't matter."

    This is an interesting multi-pronged approach.

  7. #81567
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    36,827
    And of course there's more.

    In a letter sent to FBI Director Christopher Wray on Wednesday, Rubio said he expects "an explanation as to why I, and to the best of my knowledge every other leader of the congressional intelligence committees, first learned of this raid on President Trump's residence via the media."
    I mean, not even Biden was told. FBI director Wray doesn't report to Ruibo.

    But if I had to hazard a guess, the answer would be "you would have warned him". Rubio is not a member of law enforcement. His authority, and role, in this is zero.

  8. #81568
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    And of course there's more.



    I mean, not even Biden was told. FBI director Wray doesn't report to Ruibo.

    But if I had to hazard a guess, the answer would be "you would have warned him". Rubio is not a member of law enforcement. His authority, and role, in this is zero.
    I mean...because they didn't want any Republicans leaking it to Trump? Which, based on the reactions from Republicans so far, seems like an extremely justified concern.

    Then again to your point, nobody was told. Stop crying victim when you were treated like literally everyone else.

  9. #81569
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    36,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Huh. So in addition to prepping the, "IT WAS PLANTED!" narratives, they're doubling down with the, "Yeah they found illegal stuff, but it doesn't matter".
    That's not what I'm trying to say, but it does fit what Trump is trying to say. Trump has been claiming that he didn't have anything improper, true, but that's not how the law works, and his legal team knows this. The FBI don't get 30 people out of bed and heavily armed for something that doesn't matter. If the FBI found anything, it's not something that can be handwaved.

    I think they're suggesting evidence was planted, so when it's shown that the FBI found evidence, they can still pretend to be innocent. They're not double-dipping, they're just guilty.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Stop crying victim when you were treated like literally everyone else.
    Rubio had access to the same news articles that everyone else had. The fact that Trump admitted he took things and was in negotiations to return them (maybe) was hardly a secret. We knew about it. Why didn't you tell Trump to return the stolen documents, Rubio? Where was your concern then?

    And again, I took a quick look and failed to find anything Rubio said about Trump threatening Clinton during the debates. His concerns are fraudulent. Anyone else is free to look around, maybe they can find his publicly-voiced concerns with the President having his political opponent investigated. Post it if you find it, but I'm not holding my breath.

  10. #81570
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphelios View Post
    banana republic political hitjob that wont work. next step they will prob assassinate him and call it a suicide. then you all will rejoice and try to rationalize it.
    Let's see, it was Trump's FBI director that allowed the FBI agents to carry out the warrant, it was a Trump appointed judge that signed off on the warrant, and it was a Trump insider that turned informant that told them EXACTLY where to go, including the fucking safe that they broke into.

    Get this qtard level of bullshit out of here. There is no hitjob. If it was a fucking hitjob, they wouldn't have found 12 more boxes of fucking classified information that he wasn't legally allowed to have.

  11. #81571
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...orce?_amp=true

    Even before Congress and President Joe Biden give the final OK for the IRS to hire 87,000 more agents in an $80 billion package, the tax agency is revealing a priority job category that could get first dibs on the huge budget expansion.

    On its jobs page is a listing of vacancies for special agents to be placed around the country to root out financial fraud.

    But these are opening for more than just financial experts: They will also be armed.

    Among the job requirements listed: “Carry a firearm and be willing to use deadly force, if necessary.”

    Special agents, who can be placed around the nation and world, have an interesting job, according to the IRS description. They are financial analysts and armed officers ready for a shootout.
    Suddenly, people with guns are a serious threat to Republicans! Why do they hate the Second Amendment so much?

  12. #81572
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphelios View Post
    banana republic political hitjob that wont work. next step they will prob assassinate him and call it a suicide. then you all will rejoice and try to rationalize it.
    What a sad life you must have.

  13. #81573
    https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...rreal-forreal/

    Because, again, Republicans don't understand humor, we have Utah Senator Mike Lee, who runs his own non-parody account of himself
    @ BasedMikeLee

    The haters can’t handle this frickin’ smoke


    This account is no cap — bussin, forreal forreal


    This is beyond omega level cringe and it's sad to see how pathetic the people Republicans elect to office continue to be. As the article points out, it has this kinda energy -


  14. #81574
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He will. I wouldn't want to be law enforcement at that rally, though. I feel like conservatives are turning hard on them, or maybe it's just federal law enforcment they're turning on.

    It's weird they used to seem to like the FBI? And then hated it after liking it? And then liking it again when Trump appointed his own Director? And now they hate him for being a secret leftist, again.

    Though that's if they're even aware of who the FBI works for and reports to, and who their bosses actually work for. Because spoilers: It's not the current administration.
    The far right has always been anti law enforcement. Always. Look at standoff in Oregon with the Bundy family and friends, the standoff at the Bundy ranch, Ruby Ridge, Waco Siege and a multitude of other things. Same people started a civil war over slavery. Hell, one of the first thing the far right has done is the tax rebellion against George Washington.

    The same people shouting "Back the Blue" would have no issue shooting them in the back when they get the chance.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...orce?_amp=true



    Suddenly, people with guns are a serious threat to Republicans! Why do they hate the Second Amendment so much?
    Ahh yes, I didn't realize the IRS would be planted all around the world to root out financial crimes in other countries. Because, you know, the US has jurisdiction over other countries taxes.

  15. #81575
    If Trump wanted to clear up what they were doing, and not fundraise off of this, he could just release the fucking warrant and a list of things that were taken. But he won't do that, because he stands to grift 10s of millions from his followers.

  16. #81576
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    If Trump wanted to clear up what they were doing, and not fundraise off of this, he could just release the fucking warrant and a list of things that were taken. But he won't do that, because he stands to grift 10s of millions from his followers.
    I don't think he can release the warrant from his end, I don't think he gets to keep a copy. Judicial Watch is suing for it now and apparently just got a Judge to grant their FOIA request - though with redactions.

    But would you believe a list of things he says were taken? I wouldn't.

  17. #81577
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    36,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I don't think he can release the warrant from his end, I don't think he gets to keep a copy.
    You do. When the cops raid your place, you get a copy of the warrant. Even if that wasn't true, Bobb personally said she got one.

  18. #81578
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You do. When the cops raid your place, you get a copy of the warrant. Even if that wasn't true, Bobb personally said she got one.
    Huh, well there you go. Never been served a warrant so you learn something new every day.

    That's one more thing Donald Trump and I don't have in common, I've never been raided by the FBI.

  19. #81579
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Huh, well there you go. Never been served a warrant so you learn something new every day.

    That's one more thing Donald Trump and I don't have in common, I've never been raided by the FBI.
    Apparently, there are essentially two versions of the warrant. First, there's the full version, which lists exactly what they're looking for and why they're looking for it and what they expect to find and how they expect to execute it. This is what gets signed off by the judge, and it's a sealed document that the public can't normally access. There's also the short version, which the FBI showed up at Mar-A-Lago with, that just shows what they're looking for and where they're authorized to search. That's what would have gotten left with Trump, and he's free to share it or not as he wishes.

  20. #81580
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    36,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Huh, well there you go. Never been served a warrant so you learn something new every day.
    I...should be more precise, the article I cited saying that was from Philly. I assume it's the same with others. Eric Trump, for example, claimed things that are designed to draw outrage because of how corrupt they are, like "we didn't get to see the warrant", which would be a problem...if they were legal and true, and they're neither. I am 90+% sure that the FBI also leave a copy of a warrant for Due Process reasons, and again, the lawyer personally said she had such a copy. So even if I'm wrong in general, I'm right in this case.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    This is what gets signed off by the judge, and it's a sealed document that the public can't normally access.
    Indeed, that's also been called out, but once again, Trump's lawyer on hand already said they're going to ask a judge to see it, as required by law. You don't bring a copy of the Probable Cause when you kick in the door. That's just stupid.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •