When you have former Generals and whatnot facepalming at what was found at Mar-A-Lago, you know you fucked up.

https://www.salon.com/2022/08/12/exp...worse_partner/

"Former senior intelligence officials said in interviews that during the Trump administration, highly classified intelligence about sensitive topics, including about intelligence-gathering on Iran, was routinely mishandled," the newspaper reported. "One former official said the most highly classified information often ended up in the hands of personnel who didn't appear to have a need to possess it or weren't authorized to read it. That former official also said signals intelligence — intercepted electronic communications like emails and phone calls of foreign leaders — was among the type of information that often ended up with unauthorized personnel. Such intercepts are among the most closely guarded secrets because of what they can reveal about how the United States has penetrated foreign governments."

That pattern may not have ended when Trump left the White House after losing the 2020 presidential election to Joe Biden.

"A person familiar with the inventory of 15 boxes taken from Mar-a-Lago in January indicated that signals intelligence material was included in them," the newspaper reported. "The precise nature of the information was unclear."

Former acting Solicitor General Neal Katyal tweeted, "Signals intelligence (like electronic intercepts) are some of the most sensitive and secretive material in the US."

"There are a host of special markings and protections on every such document," Katyal noted.

The fact signals intelligence was reportedly recovered at Mar-a-Lago shocked national security professionals.

Retired USAF Gen. Michael Hayden, who served as director of the NSA and CIA, simply tweeted, "Jesus Christ."

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh fuck no. If true, he needs to spend his remaining days - and long may they be - in federal prison, with TV's in every room playing CNN and MSNBC coverage of the investigation and trail on repeat. I want him to spend as much time being globally humiliated as humanly possible, and serve as a constant reminder to the MAGA cult about what they supported and how it ended.

And every time Republicans even think about bringing up security and "BUTTERY MALES" just remind them that their former head of the party and POTUS they defended in two impeachments, is in prison for life for selling US secrets abroad. He'd be a traitor.
    Agreed. Life in prison, and not confined to home. If he's in danger in general population, then let's put him in solitary. With a guard controlled tv set on MSNBC (nice touch btw).

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    To be honest the best outcome for everyone would be if he just croaked.
    Not really, that would be among the worst options as he will go down as a hero to them who never had to face justice and whom many will use that fact to claim it was all a witch hunt and he was innocent while many will run on his same schtick because it was normalized and not punished.

Him dying without a hint of justice guarantees a repeat or worse.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/s...59107340763139

Bret Baier, on the Obama documents, confirming that yes, Obama followed all the proper processes and rules to get the documents for his presidential library and that there is no similarity between what's happening with Trump. Or even Hillary's emails.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...e/10276899002/

So about the whole, "Trump signed a law about classified records that means he can't run for POTUS again." bit...not quite.

Most legal experts are skeptical that it can be enforced, as the Constitution sets requirements and the legislature can't simply change those via a law - it would require an Amendment. It would be challenged up to the SCOTUS, who would, even with a balanced court, likely overturn that aspect of the law as it is unconstitutional.

So yes, Trump could be convicted on all charges, including the new felony he signed into law, and still run for president from prison if that's where he ends up before the next election.

The espionage thing is actually kinda delicious. They thought nothing bad would come from saying ok to having this released? lol

If this is the stuff they kept, I wonder what was flushed (why would you not burn it, btw?).

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    If I am not mistaken there's nothing in the constitution that says a convicted felon can't run for president though its doubtful that would happen in such a short time.
    Yup. Be at least 35, be an American, you're all set for presidential life.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    i still believe its almost impossible for billionaires (especially those with political power) to face consequences in America.
    Yeah, I don't see this leading anywhere due to this reason. Hell, he'll probably win votes from it all. It's so fucked up. :s

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Putting aside charges and convictions. I am talking about the GOP (McConnell in particular) probably won't go near Trump now that this has dropped. Sure Majorie Greene will hand wave this away. But the smart side of the GOP knows toxic when they see it. And Trump just hit 11 on the toxic meter.
    MtG's latest tweet is a retweet about what she's doing. Her feed is basically about this right now.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The espionage thing is actually kinda delicious. They thought nothing bad would come from saying ok to having this released? lol

If this is the stuff they kept, I wonder what was flushed (why would you not burn it, btw?).

Yup. Be at least 35, be an American, you're all set for presidential life.
    Because I highly doubt you can start a fire in the WH without a lot of alarms going off. But you can flush a toilet just fine.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

MtG's latest tweet is a retweet about what she's doing. Her feed is basically about this right now.
    Sounds like an attempt at obstruction of justice to me.

My predicted retcon from the GOP mouthpieces:

"Why is the government deciding that these documents are top secret? What are they trying to hide?!?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Man, there really should have been an Xzibit cameo in Inception.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Because I highly doubt you can start a fire in the WH without a lot of alarms going off. But you can flush a toilet just fine.
    But Trump said you need to flush so many times, how was there still evidence left after so many flushes?!

Plenty of fireplaces, though. Get one lot, clear the room, start throwing stuff in /shrug

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Sounds like an attempt at obstruction of justice to me.
    Can't be having people face consequences, can we?

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post

"Why is the government deciding that these documents are top secret? What are they trying to hide?!?"
    In before the DoJ (or WH) releases what the documents were about, and they go 'oh shit yeah we should hide that stuff' but have to publicly try and spin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Putting aside charges and convictions. I am talking about the GOP (McConnell in particular) probably won't go near Trump now that this has dropped. Sure Majorie Greene will hand wave this away. But the smart side of the GOP knows toxic when they see it. And Trump just hit 11 on the toxic meter.
    I would think some of the more moderate GQP'ers would be backing away at this point. Trump has essentially committed multiple felonies having those documents at his home.

However, we must also remember that the GQP collective, the literal willfully ignorant masses, can't believe their Golden Calf does anything wrong. So this will also be handwaved away by whatever talking points they release (@TexasRules - when you get those let us know).

And, yet again, we find ourselves looking down the GQP abyss. Obviously almost everything is uncertain, but if true and this goes unpunished, I don't see how the U.S. survives as it exists today.
    Last edited by cubby; 2022-08-12 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    In before the DoJ (or WH) releases what the documents were about, and they go 'oh shit yeah we should hide that stuff' but have to publicly try and spin it.
    That's why I think it's a reasonable retcon. The DoJ/WH won't declassify them just to prove a political point. They're top secret for a reason. And the mouthpieces know this. They simply don't care.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I can't wait to see Hillary's tweet in regards to this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Man, there really should have been an Xzibit cameo in Inception.

She's almost a full year late to that party - https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...ution/743/text

Rep. Scott Perry of PA did it in October of 2021.

She's almost a full year late to that party - https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...ution/743/text

Rep. Scott Perry of PA did it in October of 2021.
    (and @UnifiedDivide)

This is what I mean when I say that the GQP controlled House of Reps in 2023 will be running through multiple Impeachments on a weekly basis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    (@TexasRules - when you get those let us know)
    Did he change his name or something else?

https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote/...30987387883520

Trump is fundraising off the possibility he had classified nuclear material. Don't believe me?

So, I know this barely matters, considering the pace at which this thread is moving, but according to Reuters, this is fake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Did he change his name or something else?
    Looks normal to me. https://www.mmo-champion.com/members/779582-TexasRules
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    So, I know this barely matters, considering the pace at which this thread is moving, but according to Reuters, this is fake.
    Ah, thanks. Sauce for anyone interested - https://apnews.com/article/fact-chec...h-468453367102

Updated my post with this link as well so I don't spread misinformation. But it's sad that I 100% believed he would actually fundraise like this in an attempt to downplay the seriousness of him possibly selling classified nuclear information to a foreign country.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post

Trump blamed Obama, saying he took all these documents, but the problem is, they aren't classified and were already copied by the National Archives for the presidential records act.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Trump blamed Obama, saying he took all these documents, but the problem is, they aren't classified and were already copied by the National Archives for the presidential records act.
    just feel the need to correct this. Obama didn't take them. The Obama Presidential Library is run by the National Archive. They still have the documents, they just choose to have them accessible to the public.

Trump could have done the same, if he turned his over... (and ofc not with actual nuclear secrets....)