1. #82421
    Pandaren Monk masterhorus8's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,818
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Trump loses motion to dismiss defamation case against him in the E. Jean Carroll case. Probably because of this:



    There he is, openly admitting to defaming her. Now, they just need his fucking DNA. If he didn't do it, why is he not giving his DNA up?
    If you don't mind my asking, what was it that he posted on oct 12?
    10

  2. #82422
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    If you don't mind my asking, what was it that he posted on oct 12?
    https://twitter.com/theanthonydavis/...31838408949760

    There's the "press release" version of it.

    (that's not actually a press release, at least not according to the Associated Press)

  3. #82423
    Pandaren Monk masterhorus8's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/theanthonydavis/...31838408949760

    There's the "press release" version of it.

    (that's not actually a press release, at least not according to the Associated Press)
    I love how he put his own name in quotes at the end...
    10

  4. #82424
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    I love how he put his own name in quotes at the end...
    That's not his name, that's his brand.

  5. #82425
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    36,887
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    Or, hear me out, Trump didn’t declassify anything, and both mishandled classified documents. Both could be punished for that, and maybe should be to set an example?

    However; and here is the big difference, Biden’s people returned the documents as soon as they found them, and were like “Shit, this shouldn’t be here, we should probably give these back.” Without anyone asking for them, whereas team Trump lied and obstructed when asked politely to return literally hundreds of mishandled documents.

    What generally happens when you say, “Hey sorry, apparently I committed a crime, here are theses things I shouldn’t have, and are also the evidence.” I would think you’d get a slap on the wrist and a “Thank you”
    Sure, both "mishandled" classified documents. However there's lots of untruths being circulated. One of those untruths is that VP doesn't have access to classified documents. I was once a government grunt so far down the ladder that I was at the ground and I still had security clearance for many classified documents. Nothing top secret, but the VP is second in the chain so they obviously have access. Lots are claiming Biden didn't have access.

    I think one of the worst misconceptions is that mere possession of classified documents is illegal and/or punishable, when it's not. Many lawyers say something to the effect of "intent is 9/10 of the law" and that's incredibly true. Trump lied and obstructed while they were requesting those documents be returned, and even then he didn't return all of them. Biden immediately returned documents upon finding them.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

  6. #82426
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He goes on to talk about how everything he posts is then sent to media via press blasts as a press release, but he has no idea how any of that happens or who does it.
    He...he does know that's admission, right?

    - - - Updated - - -

    The limitations of NY law means Trump Org gets the maximum fine for 15 years of fraud--

    "Woohoo!"

    -- $1.6 million.

    "What?"

    Yep, that's the maximum.

    Hopefully this result brings up a movement to, oh I don't know, increase it to be proportional? As the AP reports

    Weisselberg was also the biggest personal beneficiary of the scheme, prosecutors said. He collected $1.76 million in “indirect employee compensation,” including a rent-free apartment, expensive cars, private school tuition for his grandchildren and new furniture. Other executives received similar perks and were paid bonuses as independent contractors, saving the company money in payroll taxes, Weisselberg testified.
    Yeah, Weaselberg admitted he was paid more than the maximum fine.

    Now just to be clear, Trump Org isn't out of the fiscal woods. There is still the case against the company, claiming (nearly as I can tell, objectively correctly) Trump Org told insurers one value and tax assessers another. That's the one that is going to hurt -- the AG is seeking $250 million, a possible stay of Trump Org doing anything other than validating parking for five years, and anything found in the civil trial being used in a criminal one.

    Trump has promised to appeal, but honestly for what reason? $1.6 million is hardly the worst issue Trump owes anymore.

  7. #82427
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    He...he does know that's admission, right?

    - - - Updated - - -

    The limitations of NY law means Trump Org gets the maximum fine for 15 years of fraud--

    "Woohoo!"

    -- $1.6 million.

    "What?"

    Yep, that's the maximum.

    Hopefully this result brings up a movement to, oh I don't know, increase it to be proportional? As the AP reports



    Yeah, Weaselberg admitted he was paid more than the maximum fine.

    Now just to be clear, Trump Org isn't out of the fiscal woods. There is still the case against the company, claiming (nearly as I can tell, objectively correctly) Trump Org told insurers one value and tax assessers another. That's the one that is going to hurt -- the AG is seeking $250 million, a possible stay of Trump Org doing anything other than validating parking for five years, and anything found in the civil trial being used in a criminal one.

    Trump has promised to appeal, but honestly for what reason? $1.6 million is hardly the worst issue Trump owes anymore.
    They need to change that law.

  8. #82428
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    They need to change that law.
    I'm sure that all the representatives in the pockets of billionaires and corporations will get right onto that.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

  9. #82429
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I'm sure that all the representatives in the pockets of billionaires and corporations will get right onto that.
    It's NYState, Dem-controlled, and Trump is the catalyst. So, there's a chance, at least.

  10. #82430
    The Lightbringer bladeXcrasher's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,327
    Wyoming Republicans propose ban on electric vehicles to safeguard the oil and gas industry. They claim the existence of electric vehicles would hinder the states ability to trade, lol. Fucking clowns. Another example of the GOP being off the rails.

  11. #82431
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Wyoming Republicans propose ban on electric vehicles to safeguard the oil and gas industry. They claim the existence of electric vehicles would hinder the states ability to trade, lol. Fucking clowns. Another example of the GOP being off the rails.
    "Government needs to stop interfering in the free markets!" - Republicans, whenever it's convenient

  12. #82432
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,241
    Trump threatens to sue his accuser in rape defamation case. And her lawyer.

    "Can you do that?"

    I don't think so, no. Well, not successfully, at any rate. You need a reason to sue, you can't just sue "because". For Carroll to have defamed Trump, she would have to be lying...and considering she would have done so on the stand, that's not a lawsuit, that's a perjury criminal charge. Besides, it's Trump. Even if he was telling the truth about suing, he has a damn near negative track record in court. The safest place to stand would be where he's pointing.

  13. #82433
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump threatens to sue his accuser in rape defamation case. And her lawyer.

    "Can you do that?"

    I don't think so, no. Well, not successfully, at any rate. You need a reason to sue, you can't just sue "because". For Carroll to have defamed Trump, she would have to be lying...and considering she would have done so on the stand, that's not a lawsuit, that's a perjury criminal charge. Besides, it's Trump. Even if he was telling the truth about suing, he has a damn near negative track record in court. The safest place to stand would be where he's pointing.
    Did you see in his deposition, after saying that she was too ugly for him, that he said she enjoyed it?

    https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...osition-2023-1

    Former President Donald Trump claimed that E. Jean Carroll, who has accused him of sexual assault, said that "rape was sexy" and "indicated that she loved it" when he was deposed in connection to her defamation lawsuit in October.

    Judge Lewis A. Kaplan unsealed a portion of Trump's deposition on Friday after his lawyers lost a bid to keep them private.

    Carroll, the longtime advice columnist for Elle magazine, is suing Trump for defamation after he said she made up a rape allegation about him to sell her memoir. He denies having had any sexual contact with her.

    In the October deposition, Trump misrepresented comments Carroll made about the allegation in an interview with CNN's Anderson Cooper.

    "She actually indicated that she loved it. Okay? She loved it until the commercial break. In fact, I think she said it was sexy, didn't she? She said it was very sexy to be raped," Trump said.

    Carroll's attorney Roberta Kaplan then asked the former president: "So, sir, I just want to confirm: It's your testimony that E. Jean Carroll said that she loved being sexually assaulted by you?"

    He responded: "Well, based on her interview with Anderson Cooper, I believe that's what took place."


    Trump repeated the claim that Carroll described rape as sexy several times and suggested that Cooper was in a "panic" over her comments, so he called for a commercial break.

  14. #82434
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,241
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Did you see in his dep--
    Yes, it was horrifying. What matters is not just that the judge and jury saw it, but how important they thought it was.

    - - - Updated - - -

    So Newsweek has a good story about Trump, and--

    "Is it about him calling the Jan 6th insurrectionists 'great patriots'?"

    Um, no, I missed that one.

    Appearing on the right-wing channel Real America's Voice, Trump was asked by host Gina Loudon to give the rioters and their families "some hope for the future."

    "I think it's a disgrace what's been happening, and so many of these people are great patriots," Trump said.

    Trump then brought up "Antifa" and protesters with the Black Lives Matter movement, saying that they effectively got away with "[burning] down cities." He also alleged that "nobody died on January 6," barring "wonderful Ashley [Babbitt]."
    "Was it about him calling evangelical leaders 'disloyal' when they didn't support him?"

    Wait, that's from the same interview, Real America's Voice. More on that source here.

    "No, the first one was Friday's interview, this one's Monday."

    ...he gave them back to back interviews? When was the last time he was on, I dunno, FOX News? OANN? Breitbart?

    "Uh...I can't find much about that. But about that Monday interview:"

    Trump told The Water Cooler host David Brody he believed evangelical leaders were being disloyal to his cause after reports of faith leaders who once supported him who are now reluctant to back him ahead of the 2024 election.

    This, even after he delivered on promises to seat Supreme Court justices willing to support evangelicals' mission to overturn federal protections for abortion as well as initiatives like expanding "school choice," which would allow public dollars to flow into private and religious academic institutions.

    "That's a sign of disloyalty," Trump said. "There's great disloyalty in the world of politics and that's a sign of disloyalty because nobody, as you know...has ever done more for [the] right to life than Donald Trump. Three Supreme Court justices and they all voted [to overturn Roe v. Wade]...they won, they finally won!"

    Trump then diverted the blame to those groups for not doing enough to bolster conservative candidates during the 2022 midterm elections, even as some evangelicals have blamed Trump for the Republican Party's underperformance.

    "I was a little disappointed because I thought they could have fought much harder during the election," Trump said. "A lot of them didn't fight or weren't really around to fight, and it did energize the Democrats. But a lot of the people that wanted and fought for years to get it, they sort of...they were there protesting and doing what they could have done.

    "But with all of that being said, there's nobody that did more for the movement than I have. And that includes the movement of evangelicals and Christians and the movement very much of 'right to life,'" he said.
    Wow, that's pretty out there, even for him. But no, that's not the one I meant.

    "Is it the one about the potentially illegal money he took from Saudi Arabia?"

    Wait, what?

    The Democracy for the Arab World Now (DAWN) group recently requested the DOJ and Congress launch an investigation into Trump after new details of LIV Golf funding were revealed showing that a wealth fund headed by the crown prince owns 93 percent of the LIV tournament and pays all costs associated with its events.

    Trump has hosted a number of LIV Golf events at his resorts, and DAWN argues that through business deals, MBS has been paying Trump millions over the past few years. DAWN is requesting an investigation into the former president to determine if the dealings were legal. An investigation has not been launched at this time.
    "If Trump took foreign money while running for office, and didn't return it, that's illegal. He announced Sept 2015 and, techincally, never stopped -- he never admitted he lost, and has already announced his 2024 run."

    Okay, ugly, but not what I was talking about. The one where they talk about this interview with a federal prosecutor who recognizes the signs of a panicking, guilty person who knows he's about to be thrown in jail.

    Trump is showing his cards through his plethora of social media posts, according to attorney and former U.S. Army prosecutor Glenn Kirschner.

    In a Sunday episode of Kirschner's podcast Justice Matters, Kirschner detailed a telltale sign that Trump knows an indictment is coming: the way and frequency in which Trump writes his Truth Social posts. Trump faces a criminal investigation led by Jack Smith, a prosecutor who was appointed to lead the investigation into Trump's alleged mishandling of classified documents at Mar-a-Lago and Trump's involvement in the January 6, 2021, Capitol riots. The former president hasn't been indicted on any charges.

    Kirschner saw a post by Trump on Truth Social in which Trump berates Smith and feels he is being treated unfairly compared to President Joe Biden. Biden also faces scrutiny over allegations of misplaced classified documents.

    "How come the Biden 'Prosecutor' is a nice guy, very friendly with Democrats and RINOS alike, close to Christopher Wray, & pretty much liked & known by everybody, while my 'Prosecutor' is a Radical Left Trump HATING Lunatic, whose wife & family get a perfect '10' for spewing Trump HATE, & whose 'friends' are the most evil, angry, & disgusting Marxists & Communists in & around Government?" Trump posted on Truth Social on Saturday. "They are GRILLING innocent people in Grand Juries for hours, all to 'get Trump.' These are Sick Thugs!"

    Kirschner said Trump's Saturday post prompted him to explore other posts by Trump, which led him to the opinion that Trump knows he is powerless to stop an indictment.

    Kirschner referenced several posts in which Trump slams Smith, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Department of Justice (DOJ). Trump frequently writes in all capital letters when he posts about the topics. Kirschner said Trump may feel the capital letters make the post "extra persuasive", but he doesn't view it the same way.

    "In fact, it really just signals desperation," Kirschner said.

    Kirschner said the way Trump writes his posts and how frequently he posts shows he lacks confidence in his innocence.

    "He sounds desperate, he sounds scared, he sounds like he knows indictments are coming and there's nothing he can do to stop them," Kirschner said.

    Kirschner said Trump's posts are getting a few thousand interactions and reposts but are much lower than the interaction Trump's tweets received when he had a Twitter account.

    "In a very real sense, Donald Trump is both figuratively and literally screaming into the void. I suggest that what we can glean from these unhinged desperate posts of Donald Trump is that he knows indictments are coming, and he knows he is powerless to stop them."
    That's kind of a lot about Trump in trouble, all from Newsweek, all this past 48 hours or so.

  15. #82435
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump threatens to sue his accuser in rape defamation case. And her lawyer.

    "Can you do that?"

    I don't think so, no. Well, not successfully, at any rate. You need a reason to sue, you can't just sue "because". For Carroll to have defamed Trump, she would have to be lying...and considering she would have done so on the stand, that's not a lawsuit, that's a perjury criminal charge. Besides, it's Trump. Even if he was telling the truth about suing, he has a damn near negative track record in court. The safest place to stand would be where he's pointing.
    It's really time y'all reform your court system so it's not just a blunt weapon for people with the money.

  16. #82436
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...conservatives/

    Hey, what's in those secret backroom deals McCarthy and other Trumpists apparently made? Secret backroom deals for power sharing sounds pretty swampy to me, I thought Republicans, especially those made in Trump's image, were supposed to "GET RID OF THE SWAMP", yet here McCarthy and many Trumpists are, expanding it.

  17. #82437
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...conservatives/

    Hey, what's in those secret backroom deals McCarthy and other Trumpists apparently made? Secret backroom deals for power sharing sounds pretty swampy to me, I thought Republicans, especially those made in Trump's image, were supposed to "GET RID OF THE SWAMP", yet here McCarthy and many Trumpists are, expanding it.
    Swamps for me, but not for thee?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

  18. #82438
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Do you feel safe yet, America? She can keep an eye on those lasers now.
    Thank fuck she's going to investigate those Jewish space lasers.

    Or that was a different person, from a different time, and she's totally different now, a few years later. If you don't actually listen to her speak or tune into her podcast, at least.

    I mean fuck, dude. Gym Jordan is the chair of the committee investigating the "weaponization of the government", no? Because that's way more hilarious and on the nose than Greene on Homeland Security.

  19. #82439
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    He...he does know that's admission, right?

    - - - Updated - - -

    The limitations of NY law means Trump Org gets the maximum fine for 15 years of fraud--

    "Woohoo!"

    -- $1.6 million.




    Yeah, Weaselberg admitted he was paid more than the maximum fine.
    I'm always amazed how cheap you can buy people. Sure $1.76 million got him some cars and whatever but for covering up multi-millions. This is like giving your employee a $25 gift card for a bonus.

    Yet our laws prove that being protected for being rich is worth it. In the end the Trump Org likely made out more than the $1.6 million fine. Weisselberg, 5 months and maybe I'm wrong he still has his net worth. He is ancient and his kids I think got their education paid for so he should be fine.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

  20. #82440
    Pandaren Monk masterhorus8's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,818
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Wow, ok, TIL...

    Wish I hadn't read this now. I'd say "thank fuck I'm not American," but I'm British so...
    The irony of this committee.
    10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •